Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

The One Stop Psychic Shop

The One Stop Psychic Shop's Personnel Files

a part of “The One Stop Psychic Shop”, a fictional universe by spacedxst.

Welcome to your One Stop Psychic Shop, No explainable deaths in store since '99

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The One Stop Psychic Shop”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The One Stop Psychic Shop's Personnel Files

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sun May 14, 2017 11:58 am

The One Stop Psychic Shop's Personnel Files!
Store Management keeps all the files on store workers locked up here and possibly store workers too! You'll often find general manager Elias Quinn back here reading them out applications and sometimes the odd story book!

Hey! Spacedxst here, this is the thread for you if you need to ask any character related questions!

-Spacedxst-
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spacedxst
Member for 4 years
Promethean Friendly Beginnings Author Inspiration World Builder Lifegiver

Re: The One Stop Psychic Shop's Personnel Files

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sun May 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Oh this looks interesting. I'm considering making a character a super natural slice of life roleplay is a tad bit to interesting to pass up. I had an idea for a character whose a medieum and who regularly communicates with his dead twin that stubbornly refuses to pass on. Not entirely sure if that's a good fit especially considering it seems Elias is also a medium. Tho I wasn't sure exactly what the title of spirit worker completely entailed so I'm wondering if my guy would be a good fit here. If not I've certainly got other ideas tho

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sun May 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Blueshadow wrote:Oh this looks interesting. I'm considering making a character a super natural slice of life roleplay is a tad bit to interesting to pass up. I had an idea for a character whose a medieum and who regularly communicates with his dead twin that stubbornly refuses to pass on. Not entirely sure if that's a good fit especially considering it seems Elias is also a medium. Tho I wasn't sure exactly what the title of spirit worker completely entailed so I'm wondering if my guy would be a good fit here. If not I've certainly got other ideas tho

Thank you so much for the interest! Elias is the resident spirit worker meaning he purely removes spirit attachments or performs semi-exorcisms, while he is a medium, he isn't employed as such and has minimum 'communication' with spirits. I'd love to see your character and they sound very interesting (I love the dead twin idea, bit of a shock for Elias when he sees a dead version of what looks like your character trailing after your character)

spacedxst
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sun May 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Awesome! Great now I'm excited haha. I'll try to get the character sheet done by tomorrow!

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sun May 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi! Interested in this. What kind of jobs do you imagine the store has? Would 'Resident Witch' be too general, for example?

Crichton
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sun May 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Crichton wrote:Hi! Interested in this. What kind of jobs do you imagine the store has? Would 'Resident Witch' be too general, for example?

Thank you so much for the interest! I feel like this store would have a foot in every corner, from working with supernatural creatures to more mundane matters

Resident witch is probably just a little too vague. I think most characters have a bit of a grounding in witchery, however for example Elias focuses on working on moving spirits on to the next life, so he's a spirit worker, while a worker who is focused on working with health related magic will our resident healer.

Hope that cleared somethings up!

spacedxst
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Sun May 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Hello, sooo I'm intrigued, but before I make a commitment I have a few questions.

First, story. What general direction do you intend to take the shop? Like, is some kind of crazy incident going to occur or is it more character-driven? Or perhaps it's all entirely a surprise I don't know. If that's the case don't feel pressured to reveal I'm simply curious what kind of ideas you had. :3

Second, what roles are already filled? Like, what kind of workers do you already have? It might help if you make a list. For example, I'm stuck between resident charm maker/enchanter and resident fortune teller but if someone has already expressed interest I don't want to take it from them.

Finally, would you mind if I used a template of my own for a character as long as it included all the information you ask for? Also, do you care if we use an actual person for a face claim or an animated character?

Sorry for all the questions. >_> I really like this idea.

SolanaNight
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm

SolanaNight wrote:Hello, sooo I'm intrigued, but before I make a commitment I have a few questions.

First, story. What general direction do you intend to take the shop? Like, is some kind of crazy incident going to occur or is it more character-driven? Or perhaps it's all entirely a surprise I don't know. If that's the case don't feel pressured to reveal I'm simply curious what kind of ideas you had. :3

Second, what roles are already filled? Like, what kind of workers do you already have? It might help if you make a list. For example, I'm stuck between resident charm maker/enchanter and resident fortune teller but if someone has already expressed interest I don't want to take it from them.

Finally, would you mind if I used a template of my own for a character as long as it included all the information you ask for? Also, do you care if we use an actual person for a face claim or an animated character?

Sorry for all the questions. >_> I really like this idea.

Thanks so much for the interest and don't worry about the amount of questions! I'd probably have as many as you do if I had just randomly stumbled across this one instead of actually writing most of it out aha.

I suppose the story will be mostly character driven but I do have a few key twists that I'd like to implement in the future but I want to get everyone settled in first, get the characters all used to each other then we can talk about twists and such. You never know though, the roleplay is mostly free reign so anything can happen aha.

The list idea is great, I might sort out a short one as soon as I have a couple of the characters. Currently though we have a spirit worker(exorcist I suppose) and a possible medium. Both your ideas sound stellar so if you want to apply as either you can. Your toughest decision might be deciding between the two professions!

As for the template, I probably should have said the one I provided is more a rough format, its what I used as I'm pretty basic with templates so you're welcome to use your own as long as the key elements are still there. For this roleplay I'd prefer actual face claims rather than an animated one.

Thanks so much for the questions!

spacedxst
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Hey another question. So how are a lot of our characters coming into the story? Would you prefer they're already employed at the shop right at the start or are a bunch of us finding the shop for the first time? I'm only asking cause for my character at least that would result in a different set of reactions cause if he just found the shop he's probably still in a state of grief and thinking he's crazy as he pretty much just recently started seeing stuff. But if he's already employed he'd probably be far more stoic and used to the whole situation.

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sun May 14, 2017 8:09 pm

I would prefer there are more employees to those who have just found the store at first. But, while I think it would be nice to have a couple of members of staff already working there, I would love to see the dynamic between the old hats and the people who have only just stumbled in through the door. It could be interesting to have a character that is still quite new and desperate for the help that only the shop can supply.

However of course, the final decision on whether your character is new or old is up to you!

spacedxst
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sun May 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Hm. I'm torn I don't know if I want my character(who I've decided to name Justin for no particular reason)to old and at peace with his abilities or new and freaking the heck out due to a whomping combo of grief and newly unlocked medium abilities. I might just leave that decision open ended and just decide when we get more characters.

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sun May 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey, Justin is a perfectly good name, god knows random decision is how I ended up with Elias's first name! Leaving it open is a good decision, there's no point rushing right into it when we still have a bit of time and some more characters to add to the rp!

spacedxst
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Mon May 15, 2017 2:00 am

Unless SolanaNight feels very strongly about it, I think I might grab the role as psychic/fortune teller. I'm imagining a misanthrope with very strong empathic abilities who knows their way around tarot cards, but can also get minor visions of the future. They tend to avoid using their actual psychic abilities in favour of using their empathy to figure out what people need to hear.

Crichton
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Mon May 15, 2017 11:05 am

Welp, that makes my choice a little easier. If I was going to go with the fortune teller I thought of using tarot cards too. So yeah, if you want it, go for it. I guess I'll take resident enchanter then. Oh and feel free to address me as Solana, Sola, or even Shelby I don't mind. :3

This does bring up another relevant question. So, Elias is hired as the resident spirit worker, but as the ability to be a medium as well. Can we also have skills outside of our job? For example, my character would be the resident enchanter and be in charge of making charms, one-time use spells, etc. However, I still fancy the idea of her knowing how to use tarot cards and consulting them when she needs a quick answer.

EDIT: I thought of another question. Sorry. XD Does the shop sell only positive charms or could I make curse items as well? Or is that the secret selection. ;3

SolanaNight
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 am

I made a suggestion for the psychic, we'll see how the GM feels about her (:

Crichton
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Mon May 15, 2017 2:46 pm

I finished my character~ The only thing I don't have is a theme song, but that's not important.

SolanaNight
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Mon May 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Ah I'm last! All I have is a wip lol. I'll have Justin and ghost dude done tonight haha

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Hey guys! I've been at a training session all day so I've just got time to get around to answering questions.

Solana, the shop definitely sells curse items, although the workers don't talk about it much and only give them out if they're asked for them. It's a bit of under the table business.

I'm going look over all the characters submitted now!

spacedxst
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Tue May 16, 2017 1:15 am

There we go I'd say I'm officially finished up with Justin!

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

Just to let everyone know, I'm about to kick off the roleplay now. Let me know if there's any issues that need resolved!

spacedxst
Member for 4 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!