Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Only Way Out

The Only Way Out

a part of “The Only Way Out”, a fictional universe by Sehnsucht..

Deep in space, tales of a maze-planet are told in words of legend. Now you're on it, and it's time to find out what is true, and what's only make-believe.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Only Way Out”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Only Way Out

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 am

We are all friends here. Your characters can be the biggest jerks in space, but that doesn't mean you get to be. ;)
Please give your characters flaws. I encourage you to take advantage of the amount of freedom you are being given, but if your character is faster, stronger, sexier, yadayada-er than all the other characters and no one gets a chance to show their individual strengths/weaknesses, then it's just no fun. Everyone deserves dehfunz.
HAVE FUN, DANGIT. Seriously. What's the point of being here if you don't? If your character starts to bore you, you could always make another one and we could kill that one off. There are endless possibilities here, random new characters can be introduced pretty much whenever you want- just make sure to ask before going ahead and doing so. ;)
If someone creates an alien race/species that you really like, and you want your character to be one of them, please ask the creator of the race/species first, and make sure you get all the information they have already laid out correct. Thank you!
Try. Seriously, this should be the number one rule, or at least the number two on your rule-following-priorities list. (Yes, of course you should have one. What do you think this is? Sanity? Hah!) Put your back into it, soldier! No, but really, pleasepleaseplease put forth your best effort when creating new characters. After all, it is an entire species you're creating.
For the sake of IC activity, let's assume that pretty much everyone goes through a washing of some extraterrestrial microbes, or has a chip installed in their brain, or something at a very young age, so that their brains automatically translate almost every alien language there is. You may make someone who doesn't, or a race/species whose language isn't included, just keep in mind that this will probably make it difficult for said character to be able to communicate with other characters, and vice-versa. If this is the case you should also provide some sort of reason, if not in the character sheet, in a PM to me. Please and thank you! :)
I think that's it. Yeah. Oh, and feel free to make suggestions on anything you want, and ask questions. These things are important. Happy travels. <3

Some say he was an ordinary man, some say he was a hero. Some even say he was a woman, but usually he was alone. Sometimes he was lost, sometimes he was running, sometimes he was on a mission, for what always varies- but he always ended up in the maze. Or rather, on the maze. An entire planet, with levels upon levels of twists and turns, dangers and hardships and dead ends; that's what anyone that lands there has to fight through. It's a struggle to survive torments that they have never before seen. Some who still believe in thinks like Gods say that the maze is a prison, for the most dangerous creatures and creations ever known. In the center, escape is found, but people don't always make it there. Some say the sky is made of fire, some say of diamonds, some that it's guarded by a darkness, a horror unable to be described. They say there are creatures within the maze like nothing anyone has ever seen before, that it is home to many the endangered species, forgotten throughout time and left on their own to die out. These creatures protect their planet, their maze, their home with everything they can; or so some say. Others tell of helpful beings, set up as guides for the poor souls to become trapped on the planet.

The center is the savior. It's the only way out, the point deepest inside the maze, and that is the part that varies the most from tale to tale, teller to teller. Some say within is glories, treasures that would make the hearts of kings ache with longing. Some tell stories and descriptions of beauty so extreme that any traveler to make it there would never want to leave. Every now and again, someone even says that the center holds something as simple as a teleport pad, though maybe a rather large one, able to send multiple people anywhere they like; some say this 'savior' inside isn't even worth the fight to get there.

But none of that matters anymore, not to you. You all thought it was just a bedtime story, a legend, something people told each other for entertainment in bars and around campfires. You were wrong. That much is evident when you wake up on the surface. Now is the time you find out what's real, what's the truth- and what was, indeed, only legend. Now you get to become legend yourself. It's your turn to fight your way to the center.

An unknown number of years in the future, the Earth has died. Humans have been scattered all throughout space, settling mostly on planets that already have inhabitants of another species. Nowadays, full-blooded humans are rare, though they do exist despite rumors, and a lot of them (but not all) are living happily on a small planet called Terra. One ship headed for Terra, full of humans, aliens, and hybrids alike, for reasons that vary from being to being, doesn't make it there. Not the way they planned it, anyway. You are on that ship. It got pulled in, sucked down by an unpredicted gravitational force and crash landed on the surface of a planet many had heard of, but few thought to really exist. In legends and bedtime stories, mentions of this planet with it's maze-like surface have been scattered all throughout time and space- the only thing remaining the same with every story and every teller, is one line. "The only way out, is in." Nearly everyone has heard tales of what happens in the many layers of this planet, and what lies on the very last layer. Now you're going to find out what's true, and what is only make believe.

Tab
Last edited by Sehnsucht. on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sehnsucht.
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Only Way Out

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:30 am

I'm working on a character for you're roleplay :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 am

I submitted a character, hope you'll like her.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 am

I'll work on a character tonight for sure
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:47 am

i will create a character. please dont let anyone use mindflayer(reserve it or something). the moment i finish my work i will give you the cs.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby foreverxraining on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello, I plan on making a character of this amazing idea of a roleplay,

I have most of the facts already down but I will wait until a char is accepted to see if I need to add more information and such before submitting mine
WILL NOT BE ON FOR A FEW DAYS...

foreverxraining
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 pm

I'll submit also, but it may take a few days to think out fully; I hope you don't mind.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:42 pm

yayy! People! I did a little happy dance while eating my cereal when I found out people were posting here. OMG I FORGOT MY CEREAL.

@Kurokiku, that is perfectly fine, haha. :) I was actually expecting it to take a day or two at least for people to get their characters submitted. O_o; Creating a race takes quite a bit of thought, doesn't it?

Sehnsucht.
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:51 pm

I had made my race long ago, I make random characters in a bookl xD

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Ah ha! I have been waiting for this! Unfortunately my excitement shall have to wait, I have an early morning tomorrow and need my sleep. But I shall give much thought to my character while I'm at work and get them posted up in about 24 hours. Can't wait.

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightgem on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:09 am

Yay! I'm hoping I should have my character up sometime tomorrow. I've been thinking of species ideas since you first suggested this, and I'm so excited to implement them! XD

Nightgem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:02 am

Working on a character, should have him up by Monday or Tuesday......

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:41 am

Alright, changed some things, can you please look and inform me.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:51 pm

@tornado & Final, I'll try to finish reading your sheets later tonight or tomorrow. I was gone all yesterday and have a lot to do today so might not be on again.

Also, I HAVE A QUESTION. If Kafkan Minotaurs can only have one baby, does that mean that every generation is half the size of the last? o:

Sehnsucht.
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 pm

i hoped you didn't notice that... I didn't want to reveal this is in the OOC but oh well..

"One ship headed for Terra, full of humans, aliens, and hybrids alike, for reasons that vary from being to being, doesn't make it there. Not the way they planned it, anyway. You are on that ship."

"aliens, and hybrids alike, for reasons that vary from being to being, doesn't make it there"

" for reasons that vary from being to being, doesn't "

"for reasons "

"reason"... (just trying to be mysterious, is all. hope you get it.)

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm

You excite me. Just sayin'. ;3

Sehnsucht.
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Guess what? I finally have a character concept I want to run with. Now, to go check out all the other stuff and make sure I'm not stealing anything...

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Double-post, cause nobody's talking and it makes for an odd change.

Al is done and ready for critique/review! I have to say, creating an entire alien species was rather fun. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 am

I love you. I'm going to read that, I swear. All of it. I'm excited.

I just get kind of busy during the school week and suddenly realized about five minutes ago that it was getting late and that I was just checking deviantART notifications for about three hours.... and I still had to read things. I have to go to bed because of school and tomorrow I have to do a bunch of homework and I have night school which means I won't be able to get online until probably about nine, so if not tomorrow I'll definitely probably (considering the social life I developed over spring break I might get pulled into walking a few miles to see friends and/or my boyfriend.... so it's not as definite as I initially thought >_>) finish reading stuff Friday.

That feels like the longest sentence ever.

Sehnsucht.
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:25 am

Sorry I haven't posted my character. I'm working on it, but I've had a severe headache and sinus congestion that makes it hard to concentrate. I've also been dealing with personal issues and looking for a job, but I'm hoping to find some time to get my alien up by Friday or at least early Saturday. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate being sick.......

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!