Announcements: January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! »

The only way...

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The only way...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:07 pm

They've been best friends since anyone can ever remember, well actually it was 6th grade. Always together and always having fun, pranking each other etc but they’ve never actually showed feelings for one another. Everyone always thinks they’re dating but actually, they’re usually dating someone else. They're 18 now. About 2 weeks ago her parents suddenly passed away in a car accident leaving her and her 3 year old sister behind. She figured she would be okay.. She was pretty much raising her anyways since her parents were always on vacation and had plenty of money. She'd be able to hire a babysitter, finish school etc but that all changed when she met with the attorney. Her parents set their will up so that nothing would be left unless she was 21. He looked her dead in the eyes and said “Unless you pass, or you’re married everything will be lost in the system for 3 years, house, cars, money. Your best bet? Find someone and get married quick.” Thats what brought them to this situation. “I’ll marry you.” He said without hesitation. “I mean.. just so you can get what you need for your sister.”

Name: Ryan Cansdale

First Post:

They were sitting in her room racking their brains for ways to get out of this situation, to make sure that her and her little sister didn't suffer after they'd already lost their parents unexpectedly. The lawyers advice was good, but who was she supposed to marry? She had always dated tools in Ryan's opinion and he couldn't see her and her little sister living with someone like that. He thought about it for a minute, how he'd always been there for her, and for her little sister. Sometimes he had more fun playing with her than he did hanging out.

"What about..." He paused for a second really trying to think about the seriousness of what he was about to come out and say. "What if we got married?" He said without hesitation. "I mean.. we hang out all the time, everyone always thinks we're dating anyways. We could get married so that you could get everything in the will, and take care of your sister." He offered.

"It would have to look legit. We'd have to tell my parents, and probably move in together until everything cleared but after that we could just get a divorce. Those are nothing now a-days. Look at that Kardashian girl.. 72 days? that's nothing for us." He looked into her eyes trying to decipher what she was thinking about his crazy plan but couldn't. "Say something..."
"And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’s FEARLESS too." - Taylor Swift

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The only way...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Tricia Halton

Tricia sat on the bed, her mind filled with thoughts of insecurity and grief. Her eyes were red from all the crying, but who was to blame her she'd lost her parents all of a sudden and now due to their will she had to marry to get the funds her parents had left so she could help raise her 3 year old sister. If she didn't marry she would have to wait 3 years without a fund how was she supposed to do this? Who would make such a big commitment for her and tie themselves down? From all the guys she knew she couldn't name one that she would've thought that would help her through this situation. She rested her head in her hands, letting out a frustrated sigh.

Her thoughts were soon cut off, from the sound of Ryan's voice. She looked up running a hand through her hair, as she looked at him expectantly wondering what his idea would be. Ryan's next words caught Tricia off-guard, she looked at him wide-eyed as he went on to explain why it would work. As much as Tricia liked Ryan, she'd never thought of him anything further than a best friend that looked out for her. She knew he was trying to help her get through this but the last thing on her mind was marrying Ryan.

When Ryan went on to talk about divorce, she bit her bottom lip looking at him still slightly surprised he would be prepared to take such a big step for her. Tricia stared back at him, into his eyes then shook her head "No Ryan. This isn't time for jokes" she said then sat up going over to the window of her room as she looked over the city. Looking back she looked at Ryan then realized he was being totally serious about this. "You think it will work?" she said slightly faltering in her speech. She was still hesitant but if she wanted to raise her sister well then she had to make a move quick.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:13 pm

"If we were serious about it. Like I said Tricia, everyone already thinks we're dating and hiding it. All we have to do is tell my parents that we're getting married. Tell them that with everything that's happened I realized I didn't want to spend another day not married to you and not knowing what was going to happen tomorrow." Ryan was always the schemer and thought of crazy master plans. Usually Tricia shot him down and told him he was being crazy, that it would never work, but this he was 100 percent serious about.

"I'll have to drop your sister off at day care a few times, or pick her up to make it look like we're both trying, we'll have to live together, but don't we practically already?" He asked her trying to convince her that they could make this work. "You heard what the lawyer said, get married or suffer for three years? Who is going to marry you? Joey? Jack? They'd both be stumbling in at 2AM drunk every night." He said referring to a few of the guys she'd recently dated.

"I don't know." He said starting to second guess himself when she didn't respond quickly. "I think it would work." He said and left it at that.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:32 pm

"But this seems unfair.. I don't want to seem like I'm using you" Tricia said in a deflated tone "Your parent's won't agree we're only eighteen. Get a grip on yourself Ryan what are you saying?" she asked then shook her head not knowing how he expected everything to work out so plainly. Even if it seemed like to the world they were together, there was that feeling of guilt that took her over knowing she'd never felt anything towards him in that way. Tricia looked at him expectantly as she leaned against the wall as she closed her eyes for a while before looking back at him.

Tricia stayed silent listening to his every word, the more Ryan tried to convince her she felt like she was falling for his trap but tried to pull herself away from it. When Ryan mentioned her former boyfriends, she sighed running a hand through her hair knowing that they wouldn't ever make the husband she wanted. Tricia needed the money desperately but she didn't think using Ryan would be wise.

Ryan's words kept replaying through her mind as she considered her options, if she wanted to help her sister, Caroline, then she had to take Ryan up on his offer. Tricia sighed underneath her breath "I don't know what to do, I want to help Caroline but the only option is listen to you or learn to live for another 3 years without that money" she said quietly.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:44 pm

"Don't worry. It will seem like you're crazy. Marrying me and settling?" He half joked but half was serious. Ryan wasn't the type of guy Tricia went for ever and he knew that, but they'd been best friends forever and he'd do just about anything for her. The conversation they were having seemed to prove that. "I have a grip. I'm saying it will work. My parents can't stop us, I'm eighteen." He said looking over at her as she stood near the wall.

"We both know three years without that money and you're both going to be suffering, you and Caroline and I won't that happen." He said knowing that she was seriously considering it now the way she was sighing over and over and running her hands through her hair.

He was always a jokester so he walked over getting down on one knee and putting his hands together, "Please marry me." He pleaded with her, his bright white smile beaming across his face.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Tricia shook her head at him "Shut up any girl would be lucky to marry you" she said "But think about your future... you wouldn't want people to know that your so called love marriage ended up in a divorce. Who will you take up then?" she asked. Tricia was always the serious type, and evaluated everything and it's consequences before making a final decision. Tricia practically trusted Ryan with her life, they'd known each other for so long that they could nearly even read the other's mind. "You'll go against your parents for me?" she said a small smile approaching her face for once.

When Ryan mentioned Caroline, her smile faltered as she felt tears come on once more "Why can't there be another way?" she said to herself. "I know you care for Caroline and I do too but she's my sister you can't sacrifice something just for us" she quietly said a tear rolling down her cheek as Tricia thought about how she would look after Caroline.

Confusion covered her face, as Ryan knelt down on one knee and begged her to marry him. Tricia shook her head, as she let out a half-hearted laugh at his ever-lasting smile. Keeping quiet for a while she nodded "Fine" she said quietly agreeing to him. She hoped she wasn't taking the wrong step here.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:02 pm

He stood up and hugged her tight knowing that she needed it. She probably wasn't happy that in a few months their 'dream marriage' that they were about to portray was going to end in divorce either but for her, and for Caroline he would do anything. He held her for a minute and said, "Are you crazy? I'd go against an army for my best friend." He said. "My parents will be slightly worse than that but I can handle it." He joked some more.

All of the seriousness the last few days he wanted to make Tricia smile. "We should probably get a ring..." He said thinking things through in his head. "I have some money saved up. We'll get a ring, go to the court house, nothing serious." He said as he pulled away from the hug they'd been in. "We can do this." He said smiling at her again.

"Just think.. I have someone else to act like a kid with all day now!" He teased referring to being able to spend time with her and her sister all of the time. "Best Marriage ever!" He smirked. Although he joked a lot Ryan really did know that this was serious and they had to do it. He knew what he was taking on and was willing to do it.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Tricia hugged him back, her arms wrapping around her neck as she rested her head against his shoulder. She didn't know what was going to happen next, but soon enough she would have to let Ryan go since she'd already have access to the money she needed. Tricia couldn't help but feel glad she had a best friend like him that looked out for her all the time. She let a few tears fall soaking his shirt as she lightly laughed at his comment. "I can't believe your doing this" she said softly to him.

When Ryan started talking about rings and the marriage, she fell quiet. "There's no need to spend your money" she said, she still had some spare money from her allowance that she kept for her own purposes but it wasn't enough to keep her going for 3 years. When Ryan pulled away, she felt a sense of relief and comfort in his smile "I still have that allowance money and yeah I guess keeping it simple would be the best" she said not wanting to make a big deal of it. "I really hope so Ryan" she said giving him a small smile, her hand resting on his shoulder "Look what I did" she said referring to the tears that soaked his shirt and laughed softly.

Tricia looked at him and shook her head, wondering how he seemed to be so happy with all of this. If anything she knew he was only trying to keep her mood up. "Ryan this is serious.. don't take a decision so quickly please?" she said giving him time to back out of it. Tricia wouldn't forgive herself if Ryan felt pressurized into this.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:35 am

Ryan knew the severity of the situation and he knew what he was doing. He was almost happy, after all. He had to be, he was getting married to his best friend. He laughed a little about the tears that soaked his shirt and said, "It's fine. Don't even worry about it." He touched her shoulder gently.

"I am not backing out." He smiled at her. He didn't feel pressured at all or obligated to marry her. He wanted to amd most of him was happy that he'd get the chance to say he was married to Tricia. When they'd first met he'd always had the biggest crush on her... then he realized that it was never going to happen between them and settled for being friends but he'd always hated seeing jerk after jerk break her heart and upset her. He was happy for once she wouldn't have a Jerk in her life.

Most of him was happy but a little worried too. It'll pass. He told himself running his hands through his hair. "I know it's serious Tricia. And I made a decision already." He said looking at her seriously.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Tricia still had doubts in her mind, wondering why Ryan was prepared to take such a big step for her. She knew they were best friends, but he was sacrificing a lot for her and Caroline of course. She looked up seeing him laugh and wiped the tears that were brimming her eyes. As he touched her shoulder she instantly wrapped her arms around him eloping him in a hug "You don't know how much I'm grateful for this, all I've ever wanted is for Caroline to live a happy life" she said in soft tone before pulling back composing herself.

Upon hearing he wasn't going to change his mind, Tricia nodded and gave him a small genuine smile. She didn't understand what she did wrong to suffer this, but was glad to know she had someone like Ryan by her side. Honestly she hadn't ever thought of Ryan than anything further than a best friend, some could argue they acted like they dated but that was only proof of how close they were. Tricia had been through a checkered past, there had been guys who treated her like a princess but turned out to be something different in the end, some wanted her just for fame other for money and whatnot. If it wasn't for Ryan's offer, she would have been trapped in a difficult situation finding a guy who would marry her and treat her and her sister well.

Tricia looked up at Ryan, seeing him run a hand through his hair she gave a worried look knowing he only did that when something was on his mind. She reached out touching his arm, as he listened to her "I know but you seem distracted.. is there anything wrong?" she asked cautiously. Before he could reply, the bedroom door swung open and there stood Caroline. Tricia turned to see her sister and let an easy smile approach her face, as she crouched down seeing Caroline walk over to her. "I'm hungry Trici" she said looking annoyed. Tricia looked up at Ryan then at Caroline totally forgetting that she had to give Caroline something to eat when she came back from day care "Sorry Sweetie I forgot" Tricia replied smiling. Caroline shook her head "That's not nice" she replied back to which Tricia slightly laughed and stood up holding her hand. "Alright what do you want to eat?" she asked Caroline.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Ryan smiled when Caroline came into the room and saw her cranky face and leaned down, "Trici forgot to feed me too! Let's make her get us Pizzzzzaaaaa" He said grabbing the little girl playfully tickling her and making her laugh. The little girl yelled, "Yeaaaaahhh." and Ryan looked up at Tricia sticking out his tongue playfully at her "Show me where the menus are princess." He said to Caroline following her out of Tricia's bedroom and downstairs to call for Pizza.

He let Tricia have a minute to take everything in and called for the pizza then played in the living room with Caroline, sitting on the floor and letting her tell him all about her toys. Ryan was always good with Caroline and he loved her like he was her big brother. He didn't mind hanging out with her at all.

He knew Tricia thought he was second guessing himself before Caroline came into the room but he wasn't about to let her know he had one ounce of doubt and he wasn't going to make her worry anymore. From now on, it was solidarity and solidarity alone.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Tricia looked over at her shoulder as Ryan crouched down, managing to get Caroline out of her strop, Tricia could've managed it too but it would've taken much longer it was as if Caroline and Ryan had their own little bond. She smiled seeing Caroline laugh then stuck her tongue back out at Ryan watching her sister run out the room and downstairs in a much more happier mood. Tricia smiled at the empty hallway and laughed hearing Caroline's voice echo the house.

Watching them go she turned away to look at the window, as she sighed to herself wondering what else the future would hold for her, she knew she had to keep up a charade for months but she couldn't help but feel restricting toward Ryan. Tricia didn't exactly want to raise the topic in front of Caroline, even if she was far too young to understand. Tricia sat on the bed for some while thinking to herself before she finally stood up, and went to the bathroom cleaning herself up as she went downstairs.

Approaching the two in the room she sat down next to Caroline and smiled "So can Trici play with your dolls now?" she asked childishly too which Caroline grabbed her dolls and held them close moving over to Ryan "Noo, I want to play with Ryan" she said then handed him a doll and began creating a little scene with them. Tricia only laughed at the sight before her "Clearly she likes someone better than me" she said then shook her head standing up her mind still drifting to thoughts about the decision she had made, but she wasn't going to let Caroline notice anything wrong.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:15 pm

"Who? The dolls?" he asked Tricia as he sat on the floor and moved the doll in his hand playing with Caroline teasing her some more. He laughed a little and kept playing as they all waited for their dinner to arrive. When it did he reached in his pocket pulling out some crumpled bills walking to the door while Tricia got Caroline into the kitchen. He thought to himself as he opened the door, "We can do this easily." He grabbed the food and took it into the kitchen.

"Alright! Who's ready for some pizzaaaaa?" He asked setting it down and looking over at Tricia giving her a smile. He knew her. Her mind was going crazy right now and she needed it. He pulled a few slices out and put them on plates bringing them over to where they were sitting.

They finished up and he stuffed his hands in his pockets looking at her "So, I should probably head home. Don't wanna piss my parents off before I have to." He said teasing her a little bit. They said their goodbyes and he opened the door, "Bye Wifey!" He joked some more laughing walking to his car.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Tricia rolled her eyes at Ryan's comment "Yes of course the dolls, what could be more important in a three year old's life?" she asked mockingly before rested back on her arms watching the two of them play. Seeing Caroline smile and laugh, just brought an easy smile to Tricia's face. With her parents being so busy so in their business work they hadn't really had time for them, being the reason why Tricia had created such a close relationship with Caroline and only wanted the best. Hearing the bell ring, Tricia smiled at Ryan seeing him walk out to collect the dinner. "I'm hungry come on lets have Pizza" she said to Caroline who instantly dropped her dolls and went into Tricia's arms. Carrying her into the kitchen she sat, her sister down on her high chair. "I want Pizza" she demanded continuously.

Taking a sigh of relief when Ryan returned she took a seat next to Caroline looking up at Ryan returning his smile. She couldn't help but think more about her situation, and it brought a frown to her face thinking all the consequences from this but she just needed the best for Caroline right now. Looking down she ran her finger across the table making a random shape only to be interrupted by Ryan setting the food down.

Only managing to eat half a slice, she fed Caroline for a while who insisted on eating herself. When they all managed to finish, Tricia turned toward Ryan and shook her head at him "Thanks once again for today" she said then followed him out with Caroline who wanted to say goodbye too. Giving him a light hug she watched him walk away "Shut up" she called out after him before waving him off. After closing the door behind him she turned to look at Caroline who had a confused look on her face "Who is Wifey?" she asked Tricia, to which her elder sister laughed "No-one silly" she replied not wanting to break any news to her yet and led her back to her room cleaning her up before putting her to sleep with her soft toy in her room. Tricia returned to her own room managing to only fall asleep after hours of tossing, turning and a whole load of thinking.

(Skip to morning I guess? :L)

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Ryan went home and had a hard time sleeping that night. He tossed and turned over and over before he finally crashed after watching TV for hours. He fell asleep and slept in a little bit the next morning. He woke up and sighed a little bit remembering the night before groaning a little bit. He didn't regret what he did but the severity of the situation really set in. He got up and went out into the hallway downstairs, "Mommmm?" He called out walking into the kitchen. "Hey can Tricia and Caroline come over tonight for dinner?" He asked his mom. She agreed without hesitation, his mom loved the both of them and knew what they were going through right now with losing both of their parents unexpectedly.

He thanked his mom and text Tricia right away asking her to come over for dinner and that they could tell his parents that night. He hoped she would reply and say that it was alright, that she hadn't changed her mind already. He went upstairs and cleaned up his room and got dressed so his parents had nothing to complain about and they'd hopefully be in a good mood tonight.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Tricia woke up early as usual, and went to check on Caroline who awoke by the sound of the door opening. Checking the time Tricia took Caroline downstairs and fed her breakfast, before getting her dressed for her day at the day care. As Caroline went back downstairs watching her favorite show on TV, Tricia retreated to her own room, as she thought about last night once more and sighed out of frustration wondering why she had to be faced by something like this. Looking at her appearance in the mirror she realized she looked like a right state.

Making herself look presentable after a quick shower, she dressed herself in black skinny jeans with a tight blue and purple top and boots brushing her out. Her thoughts were disturbed by the ringing of her phone, she looked over at the phone by her bed and went over to pick it up reading over Ryan's text. Tricia didn't want to back out on him, but she didn't want to face his parent's wrath today either 'I don't know Ryan... I guess I'm scared?' she replied then set the phone down. After grabbing her stuff and spending the next few minutes thinking about it and she knew she owed Ryan something and had to be there for him when he told his parents 'I'll be there 8ish sound good? she asked before taking Caroline to daycare and returning home to relax and think even more.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:29 pm

He sighed after reading her text and seeing that she was scared. "There is nothing to be scared of. It's my parents Tricia. They love you." He text back. He knew that was the truth and he didn't want to think that after this dinner tonight his parents may not want to speak to either of them. "We'll see you at 8." He sent another message.

He spent the day hanging out, playing x-box, before he finally took a shower and got dressed in some jeans and a plaid shirt. He looked over himself in the mirror and sighed big. It was 7:45... Tricia and Caroline would be there any minute. He figured he should probably go downstairs and offer to help. When he did though his mom had everything just about finished. He set the table and waited on the couch.

He heard her knock on the door and got up quick to open it. When he did Caroline yelled, "Ryannnn!" and hugged him. He picked her up and swung her around kissing her cheek. "Hi Princess!" He said then looked over at Tricia. He could tell she was nervous as hell. He leaned in and hugged her as tight as he could still holding Caroline. "Relax." He smiled. "Everything will work out." He said rubbing her back.

He turned his attention back to Caroline. "I think there's a surprise in the kitchen for you!" She gasped and squirmed out of his arms running into the kitchen where Ryan's mom was waiting with a new doll. They could both hear her joy as she talked to his mom asking her to take it out of the package. Ryan looked at Tricia and hugged her again, a real hug this time. He whispered, "I know this is the last thing we both want to do, but it's for Caroline, right?" He had kept that in his mind all morning. Before she could reply his mom was in the living room, Caroline in her shadow. "Tricia! Sweetheart!" She said moving over to hug her. "How are you doing?"

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Tricia spent the afternoon clearing up, and before having to get Caroline she got ready into an evening dress but didn't want to over-do the dinner visit. All day she couldn't help but feel like Ryan's parents would hate her since she was practically lunging him to the deep side with Marriage and with all those responsibilities. Tricia hardly expected a great turn out from opening up to his parents but she tried to keep a chin up remembering she had to do this for Caroline.

Tricia picked up Caroline from day care, and was somewhat glad that she was tired out already however as soon as Tricia's car pulled up in Ryan's driveway she got too elated once more. After parking the car, she let Caroline out of the car seat and followed her to the front as she put on a fake smile her hand shakily reaching to knock. Tricia was simply glad he opened the door, she was now somewhat trying to build confidence stepping into the door. Her thoughts were cut off from the escalating voice Caroline had. Tricia let a small smile appear seeing how close the two of them were, she blinked a few times when Ryan hugged her, her arms went around him and awkwardly around Caroline as she took in his familiar scent trying to hope he was right.

Hearing Ryan distract Caroline, Tricia shook her head "Honestly you shouldn't pamper her so much" she said speaking her first words to him. Hearing Caroline's gleeful laughs and voice put Tricia at rest but she was still worried about what would happen and couldn't help but feel things weren't going to be great. Turning back she felt Ryan pull her into hug, she nodded against his chest her arms wrapping around his back "I jus-" he began to say when they were interrupted by Ryan's mother. She smiled and returned her hug putting on a fake smile "Evening Mrs.Cansdale thanks for having us over" she said then smiled "Pretty good" she replied to her question "And yourself?" she asked. Tricia was all for manners wherever and whenever.

Caroline's voice suddenly interuppted them as she approached Tricia holding a new doll "TRICI look she has so much more looooooooonger hair" Caroline comment to which Tricia bent down and kissed her cheeks "Personally you have far too many dolls but what to do you say to Ryan?" she said then smiled seeing Caroline hug Ryan's knees "Thank you" she said before pulling away and finding the living room to play.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Ryan's mother quickly made her exit as well, she had potatoes or something to get back to and she was mumbling on about it and she hurried into the kitchen. She seemed just like her normal, smiling self and Ryan really hoped that she would stay this way and be happy for them. Although, he wasn't sure she would.

Ryan took Tricia's hand and walked with her to the living room where Caroline was playing. He watched her with the doll and smiled over at Tricia. "So... when do you want to tell them? During dinner?" He asked nervously. "I don't think my mom will freak out that much." He said almost trying to convince himself as well.

Dinner was ready within a few minutes and they all went into the kitchen sitting down. His mom had made pot roast with veggies which was Ryan's favorite so he was happy. He squeezed Tricia's legs under the table and smiled a little as they all started eating.

About halfway through dinner, Ryan stopped eating. "Mom... dad... Tricia and I are getting married." He came out and said it flat, point blank with no padding or building up to it.
His dad didn't say anything and looked at him like he was crazy. His mom immediately responded and said, "What? Why?"
Ryan thought about telling them the truth, that Tricia had to but then immediately thought against it.
"I... I can't stand to think her and Caroline might not be here tomorrow and I love her."
His dad called bullshit and stood up walking out of the room. His mom wasn't freaking out surprisingly. "But... I thought you were just friends?" She asked.
"We...We're not ma.. I love her."
His mom looked over at Tricia and took a deep breath. "Well... okay then. That is your decision Ryan. And Tricia... if you need any help planning you let me know."
Ryan was shocked his mom wasn't more upset about it.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweetgal on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Tricia grasped Ryan's hand tightly as if it gave her confidence, she tried not to think about what would happen next but it invaded her mind completely. Following him into the living room, and gave a small smile seeing Caroline make conversation between the dolls. Tricia turned to look at Ryan as he spoke up, she could sense he wasn't exactly sure about it, and that made her feel even more guilty "Whenever you feel it's right" she said to him being slightly diplomatic. "Well I hope both your parents don't freak out" she said biting the edge of her bottom lip as she spoke nervous about what would happen.

When dinner was ready, Tricia released herself from Ryan's grasp going over to take Caroline to the kitchen which took a lot of persuasion and time. When they all finally set down, Tricia picked at her food, as she looked over her shoulder seeing Caroline make a mess of herself eating. Turning her head round to Ryan, as she felt his touch she gave him a hesitant smile her hand resting on his lightly.

Hearing Ryan speak up during the meal, Tricia could feel her heart racing as she looked down avoiding his parent's gazes. She hadn't expected him to go straight to the point, and was instantly worried about his parent's reaction. Tricia finally looked up seeing Ryan's dad lose temper, she looked at Ryan and shook her head blaming herself for what was happening out. She was somewhat glad that his mother didn't seem to be so mad at the situation, but it just didn't feel right. Hearing Ryan pretend he loved her, she closed her eyes for a second feeling even more guilty than before. She felt like telling his mother the truth but knew it wouldn't be exactly the wise idea.

"Eurrrrghhh Ryan loves Trici... you can't get married thats disgusting" Caroline spoke out, to which Tricia turned and looked at her with a strict glare.
"Eat your dinner Caroline and keep quiet" Tricia said abruptly probably sounding slightly too mean.
Caroline blinked away a few tears returning to eat her food in a strop. "
Tricia looked at Ryan then his mother before turning back to Ryan as she stood up "Excuse me for a second" she said quietly, as she walked out the kitchen toward the back garden.

Sitting on the step Tricia put her head in her hands feeling tears come on. She felt bad that Ryan was practically giving up his future for her, the fact that his dad wasn't happy with this and on top of that Caroline's reaction made Tricia more aggravated.

sweetgal
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!