Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Order of Night: Fear not the dark.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Order of Night: Fear not the dark.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:08 pm

The Order of Night is a secret organization created by the Vatican that protects humanity from anyone that seeks to disrupt the balance of humans and creatures. They enlist both humans and nonhumans to assist them in their cause. You can join the Order or become its worst threat. You don't have to be in the Order right away, you can be enlisted.

Name: Valance Latterday
Race: Reaper
Description: Black Order of Night robe with a silver cross on his left shoulder to signify his rank, long white hair, and white eyes with black irises.
Bio: He was raised in the Order after he was found abandoned as a baby on the steps of the Vatican. He doesn't really know about life outside of the Order of Night. He has always followed his assignments perfectly and his only relaxation is found in his books which is what gave him the call sign "Storyteller."
Weapons: A gold pocket watch

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Order of Night: Fear not the dark.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Name: Fabio "hiena" Rodriguez

Race: Lycan

Description: He's small for a were-being, only a bit taller than a regular human, his body is more suited for ambushes or blitzkriegs than a full-frontal brawl, as such, his senses are heightened further than anything else and has conditioned himself to maintain high-speed movement for prolonged amounts of time, his fur has a copper tone and black spots all around it along with a brown-earth stripe going troughout the center of his back, his claws are long and thick, and his fangs have been sharpened into small knives.

Bio: Fabio was born in spain, a hundred years ago, long before humanity decided to purge the plague of the undead and were-kin, as such, he confronted these supernatural entities fairly often, in one of these fights he got bitten by a dire were-wolf, realizing this he tried to run away from it but the lycan got to him and knocked him out-cold letting the infection spread without interruptions, what happened afterwards, he can't remember it, all he knows is that a great thirst was felt that day...

weapons: his own body.
I'm by no means a good player, i'm a bastard in every aspect. And i can't write for shit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

broheim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 am

Name: Lucy "Tuna" Bishop
Race: mutant
Description: Tall , pale, and slender Tuna has a triangle swimmers build. Though she has no curves to speak of her shoulder length bright pink hair and pig Bambi eyes lets people know she's a girl. Tuna is a mechanical genius, she's invented useful gadgets such as Hoover boards. Her mutation all round makes her slightly better than the average human. But her real power lies in her bigger brain, claws, triple joints, and bones. Tuna has large hands with triple jointed fingers that form Into three inch long wicked claws. Though Tuna is taller then the average human she has a denser but lighter bones with triple joints making her very light ,and more flexible. She wears a black shirt, oversized overalls with a fish on it and untied work boots. She never goes anywhere without her tool kit.

Bio: Tuna grew up in the Deep South of America she lived with fellow mutants. Since her mutation was more physical she wasn't able to go to school. Though she had access to the library. It was here she was recruited into cage fights by a fellow mutant. With energy to spare and needing cash Tuna started her career in cage fighting and earned her name. They called her "Tuna" because all she left of her opponents were piles that looked like canned tuna fish. Later the order recruited Tuna as a scientist and later a field operative.
Weapons: Her claws and electric gloves that sends out shocks to her opponent.
RahRadio14

"F.I.S.H" is the meaning to life.
Fuck. It. Shit. Happens.

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:03 am

(both accepted, I just need one more person to make a CS and we'll get started.)

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 am

Aww.... :3 i will wait with paicence then ....

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:07 pm

(Actually I'm just going to start it and people can jump in as we go.)

Valance sat in a café in France reading the Pit and the Pendulum, he was on assignment as usual. He saw his target sitting in a booth across the café. She was a skinny old woman with dull pale eyes. She looked frightening to those around him, but he knew exactly who and what she was. He placed his book on the table as she walked out of the restaurant, he followed her behind the building with hand on the chain of his gold pocket watch. "Jennifer McLeary!" he called out to her "By the authority of the Order of Night, I place you under arrest for crimes against the world balance."

She slowly turned around. She noticed the silver cross on his robe. "A senior agent of the Order? Are you hear to arrest me or kill me?" she asked sarcastically

"I would prefer to arrest you peacefully. Now please come quietly." he replied

Jennifer shook her head "You of all people should know that Banshees never do anything quietly." she said as she released a death scream at him.

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

The Banshees' scream didn't have a chance to touch Valance. Timed to perfection a silver waiters try spun infront of Mckeary's mouth. The power riveting of the trays surface back lashed and hit a nearby store window. Out of the restaurant stepped a waiteress, dressed in the traditional black and white uniform. She stepped out of the restaurant.

"Not on my watch." She said then frowned. "That sounds totally lame.." Shrugging her thin shoulders the female pulled off a pair of gloves revealing wickedly sharp fingers, she then proceeded to pull on another pair of gloves. These sparkled as she flexed her fingers.

Cracking her knuckles Tuna propelled herself at the Banshee spinning into a complex series of flips and kicks, ending in a round house kick to the women's face. Tuna leapt back to stand beside Valance flashing her order pin to him.

"Agent Lucy Bishop sir!"

Tuna faced the Banshee ready to stand and fight.

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Valance looked at her. He had heard he was going to be assigned a new Agent as a partner. This must be her. He looked at the Banshee and removed his watch from his pocket.

"What the hell?" Jennifer said as she looked at the two of them "I'll kill both of you for that." she said as she prepared another scream.

Before Jennifer could attack, Valance tossed the watch at her, keeping his hand on the base of the chain. The chain grew in length. When the watch was just being the head of the Banshee he pulled on the chain. This caused it to wrap around her head like a whip. "This your last chance. Surrender and come with us."

"You may have beaten me." the Banshee struggled to say as she was constricted by the chain "But there are others like me. The Order of Night and everyone in it will die."

He pulled on the chain one more time, this time it severed the Banshees head. The chain shrunk back to its normal size and Valance returned it to his pocket. He walked over to the body and knelt down beside it. "May God have mercy on your sins." he whispered as he made the sign of the cross over the corpse.

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Once Valance had turned away from the body Tuna was apon him. With a wide smile and a energetic handshake.

"Lucy Bishop at your service sir, but you can call me Tuna!" Tuna said in her cheerful southern drawl. If this man was going to be her superior for who knows how long she rather he not be her enemy. As a big fish in the order Valance had good and bad rumors alike about him. But one was very true.

He was such a hard ass!

Sure growing up in a order could turn any normal being insane but Valance had no outside interaction unlike the rest of the orphans. Valance had only know the order and had been doing missions like these since he was in diapers! He couldn't understand why others acted they way they did. So most people in the order refused to be under his orders. Though they could be lying to scare the new girl.

Well at least they didn't lie about his skill. That gold watch move was amazing.

But really Christianity? Why would monsters believe in a deity who curses them to internal pits of fire?

"So partner! Where to know!" Tuna asked.

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Valance looked at her in the eyes. His eyes went pitch black as he looked into her soul, seeing everything she had ever done. Once he had the information he needed his eyes returned to their normal state. "I left my book in the café." he said with a voice void of emotion "Would mind retrieving it for me?"

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Tuna pauses raising an eyebrow, not wanting to upset her superior she goes to fetch his book. Mumbling all they way " they didn't tell me I'd be stuck. With a damn mind reader....."

She finds his book or what she thinks is his book....

It wasn't like she knew what he was reading! Why doesn't she get it himself!

She returned with a stack of books and dropped them at his feet.

" you didn't tell me the tittle." Was her only reply.

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Valance bent down and picked up his book. "The Pit and the Pendulum, Edgar Allan Poe." he said as he placed a hand over the Banshees body. The soul of the Banshee floated out of her and into Valances chest, the body then crumbled to dust and flew away in the breeze. He put a finger to the radio on his ear "This is Storyteller, the Banshee has been located and delt with."

"You killed her didn't you?" a voice on the other end of the radio replied

"I had no choice. I offered her a prayer." Valance said

"I don't understand it. How can a Reaper feel bad when he kills someone?"

"We'll be waiting for extraction by the docks." he said ignoring the question

"Alright, we'll be there in an hour."

"Understood." Valance replied as he shut off the radio then turning to Tuna "Lets go."

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:54 pm

("His eyes went pitch black as he looked into her soul" boy does that sounds dumb, and i'm a guy that made a spanish were-thing named Fabio.)

Sniffing about the air, Fabio recognizes a scent, it's like the ones of a newly-formed order seeking "peace", despite being on the outskirts of the city, the scent is fairly strong, sort of vanilla mixed with cheap leather and sweated metal, a disgusting smell for him, nonetheless, if it was the order, it was surely going to hunt him down "aye rather not, no tomare riesgos." uttered to himself and kept on tracking his prey, a small homicide that decided to skulk about the outskirts killing others for mere pleasure, while scouting, he wonders to himself, what if they weren't there to hunt him? what if they were "head-hunters" looking for new talents? "That would be ridiculous" he tought "Those kids that believe they're justice incarnate don't go around looking for fresh meat... where was i..."

After babbling to himself about several mundane things (such as trees, day-night cycle, and how bright is the moonlight) he decides to climb a small hill, well, others call it climb, he easily leaps on top of the hill and lays down on all fours on the ground, to blend in with the light-brown color of the earth.

"Y ahora, esperamos."

broheim
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 pm

So Tuna followed the man. The walk was LONG. Why he didn't have a company car to drive the distance she didn't know but she'd be da,Ned if she let the man known as "the Task Master" amount newbies hear her complain. She had learned in her life that complaining got you no where. Complaining only caused your enemy to use it against you. So even though her feet hurt Tuna didn't say a thing. She just followed Valance humming the tune to the cup sing from pitch perfect.

"Your gonna miss me when I'm gone..." The words whispered under her breath.

When they finally made it to the docks Tuna was beyond tired and Valance was the same.

While waiting for the the team to come, Tuna sang the cup song 10 times, dismantled and remade her gloves, and was just on the last versus of an old Irish sailing song.

"Oh! We'll drink and be marry with Lases a plenty! An' if ey run out! Fill ya cup fill ya cup-"

A helicopter flew over their position dropping a rope ladder stopping Tuna mid verse.

Well guess it's time to go.

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Valance grabbed one end of the rope.

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Once aboard the group was transported to base. Where Valance went straight to reporting to the head boss. Tuna unsure what to do stood outside the door for Valance to come out this was quite new to her, before she had been only in the labs or garage which was held at the main base. She didn't have a boss instead just a senior agent would pop in and ask for a certain type or gadget and Tuna would make it.

It wasn't until she got stuck in the cross fire while delivering an order to a near by base did the Order even think of her as combat ready. A rogue harpy had bomb dive the truck she was driving. Old instincts flared up. By the time the order backup got their the harpy was a pile of ground pork and Tuna was sharping her bones into sharpened points.

You could never be to careful.

The order had then shipped her to the frills agent section and assigned her to Valance.

Tuna fingered her gloves her sharp claws as working as screw drivers.

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Valance stepped out of the room "Are you hungry?" he asked Tuna

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 pm

"Yes" she said. Looking up from where she was inserting small metal chips into her gloves. She almost dropped them. She hadn't expected for Valance to care about her well being. She had thought he would dismiss her and then she would leave her alone.

"I know the perfect place!"

The perfect place was her small one bedroom apartment. She had shuffled around the tiny kitchen with speed and grace.

"If there is one thing my ma knocked into my thick skull it's how to take care of myself."

Tuna set a plate of various sandwiches infront of Valance. She pooresd the man a tall glass of ice tea.

Tuna picked up a turkey sandwhich and dug in.

RahRadio14
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Valance began to eat the food. "You have quite a skill. Its been a while since I've had food like this." he said as he drank his tea "So what's your story?" he asked her

MasonRosecross
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm

"Veo veo..." Said Fabio to himself while looking directly at a man covered in rags walking trough the plain, approximately 1km away from him.
"And i smell something too" sniffing frantically around him, a metallic scent, blood, human blood in-fact.
"Al ataque." Fabio uses his strong arms and legs to propel himself a good few meters, and with his unnatural speed - even for a were-being - closed distance in mere seconds until he was within 10mts off him.
"Eh, usted, tengo una orden de caza, i've got a warrant for you."
"hmmm? i doubt you do, you pestilent mutt, now go away."
"I'm afraid not, you reek of blood, you definetily are this guy." said Fabio while flexing his muscles, attempting to intimidate the guy.

broheim
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!