Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Order of the Seven Seals

a part of “The Order of the Seven Seals”, a fictional universe by Wei_Wuxian.

When a powerful evil arose, it was banished. Millennia have passed and it is up to a new team of arcane warriors to thwart the evil, and ensure peace.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Order of the Seven Seals”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Order of the Seven Seals"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Re: The Order of the Seven Seals

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Welcome denizens of Role-Play Gateway!

This is a role-play brought to you by both myself and Winds of Fate. Although all of the information you need will be found on the front page as well as the What We Know OOC page, I’d just like to make a few opening remarks. For starters, thank you for exhibiting interest in this story we have brought to you. We are very anxious to get underway and watch the story develop in all of your capable hands.

There is only ONE thing I’d really like to point out. This role-play is going to be a very character driven story. Me and Winds of Fate do have a plot/direction in mind, and will be guiding the story the best we can. Nonetheless, this story will not hinge too heavily on character interaction. Whereas it is encouraged, you can expect to be on your own, pushing YOUR characters story forward at your own pace (while meanwhile contributing to the overall story arc).

You have a chance to express yourself. We are handing you the reigns and allowing you to mastermind a world of your own while making this whole thing possible!

~ Maestro

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:12 am

And as always, remember to have fun. Though there is a lot of information, you are in no rush. Read over it, learn it, create your character and enjoy it. We aren't tyrants that want to feast on your blood or something equally sinister. If you need help, let us know, we will do our best to help you. If you are having trouble coming up with an idea for a character, let us know, we will gladly help you figure out where you wanna go. Like Maestro said it is very character driven, so if you like character development and all that, you're in the right place darling.

If you have ANY questions, as opposed to just holding them in and never saying anything, talk to me, talk to Maestro, we are human just like you. Well, I'm mostly human, I do have a bit of goddess in me, lol but I digress, we are human so we know what it's like. Just talk to us, we are here to guide and HAVE FREAKING FUN!!

The story is awesome, the premise is amazing and your characters are going to be important factors, so I hope you know just how important YOU are.......... :)

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 am

A few early announcements I forgot to mention (amidst some new ones). Our third and final CO-GM will be Alazuli! You will respect them as you will hopefully come to respect myself and Winds of Fate. Next order of business. Other than Alazuli being a part of this roleplay, Spudjohnson will also be joining. I also mention this since they have yet to post here reserving a role. Tick tock.

Also, in a rather surprising twist, Lady Ethereal will be joining as well as one of the Generals (I'm imagining female). Anyway that is all for now.

Once Winds of Fate sets us as CO-GMs I'll hopefully be able to take some liberty in adding locations as well as possible editing the groups/arcs section. Reviewing characters is another important matter.

~ Maestro

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 am

Hello to you all,

It's been a while, so pardon me. I might be rusty. Anyway, I would like to reserve the General role and as Maestro predicted. I believe I'm that easy to read. I would take the female role.

Now, time for this brain of my mind to get working.

|Lady Ethereal|
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 am

@Maestro: Wonderful, though I still don't know how on Earth to set you two up as co-gms. Like I tried the code, but it doesn't work, it says it can't find your username Maestro which is odd. :(

Anyways I will check everything again when I get back home from work darling. Toodles for now.

@Lady Ethereal: That's marvelous, I will edit the first page to make note of your reservation.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:01 am

Hello. I may be lesser known then all of you for my quality of roleplaying and, well, in general. I do, however, wish to become a part of this roleplay, as you would probably assume by me posting here. I love helping people build worlds in roleplays, and considering each of us who will be playing the Archites will be creating entire worlds, well, that's quite the task to complete that I would like to take on. Of course, the roleplay is about the characters as opposed to the worlds. Still, the contrast between the characters is important, is it not? I would like to reserve the role of the girl from the land of Samallia.

I'm still brainstorming what the dominant species will be like. I'm not sure if I should put more focus on the character, the species or the society as all three are equally important toward the character's design. I do take some inspiration from creatures from Japanese folklore, such as the mind-reading Satori (which could have a very telepathy and collective-conscience based society) or the powerful Oni (the character could have very limited magical capabilities and no weapons, but very formidable strength) or the Kappa (freshwater-dwelling creatures which could have all kinds of interesting underwater or shore-based architecture. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of artwork for a water-based creature.) Of course, I could just create something new entirely, only finding artwork would be difficult. Focusing on the species could make for some interesting contrast and physical traits, while focusing on the society would give the character a very interesting mindset. I'll keep working on it, however.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaraa on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 am

Hey guys, Alazuli here. Something went wrong with my other profile so I was forced to get a new one. Darn it I wanted Somallia >.o , but if that's the case then I'd like to reserve Terronia.

It's a very good question that Lloyd asked. Supposing the warriors traveled to the other worlds we'd need some kind of description about what's actually living there but for the most part I think whatever you do the character's traits are the most important. Anyways, the description you give to your character would give us a good idea about the species.

I thought it'd actually be interesting to have some kind of inner conflict between two of the worlds. They might live peacefully but that doesn't necessarily mean that nobody harbors some form of hate. If anyone is willing to have a race conflicting with mine, please let me know.

Also, I'me very good at finding pictures! *lol* Please let me know if you need help with that. ^^

Zaraa
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 am

Yes, that is possible, only I assumed that there was probably very limited connection between the worlds. Considering there is only one way to move between them, which I assume is through the Spirit Barriers, and these are difficult to find, I don't imagine people from different worlds will be interacting or communicating with each other, with the exception of The Order who probably keep the reins on each one of them. I could imagine there being internal conflicts and I could imagine that the worlds are still very aware of each other and that some bad rumors may spread about the nature of other races, simply out of fear and lack of information.

Also, I'm curious as to what is the relative age limit. Maybe there are races that mature faster or slower than others and live longer or shorter than others, but I'd like to know at least the relative age limit, perhaps in comparison to Sapiens (humans). I had an idea for a young adult character, but I thought she'd be too old. EDIT: I just took a look at the profile skeleton. My bad.
Last edited by Lloyd999 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:18 am

Since I can't edit the front page and I'd like to keep track of everything, I'm going to go ahead and post a revised roles list in this post (for now).

Uldrik - TAKEN (TBA)
[M] General - Open
[M] General - Open
[F] General - TAKEN (Lady Ethereal)

[F/M] Earth, the Land of Sapiens - Open
[M] Atrulyn, the Land of Empyrean - TAKEN (Maestro)
[M] Niatollus, the Land of the Derospexian - TAKEN (Winds of Fate)
[M] Vianthorus, the Land of ____________- TAKEN (Spudjohnson)
[F] Samallia, the Land of _____________ - TAKEN (Lloyd999)
[F] Biasinge, the Land of _____________ - Open
[F] Terronia, the Land of ______________ - TAKEN (Zaraa)

Spud did not reserve a role but I'm presuming he is playing male and Vianthorus in name seems to fit him. So, I'm reserving that for him now. (: Now to answer some of your questions/concerns/etc.

@ Lloyd- Welcome! Thanks for your keen interest. I hate sounding as if I'm repeating myself, but please make sure you read the rules. All the rules. Sorry for there being so many... but I always presumed it was easier to cover as much as you can to avoid people asking the questions later and having to address it anyway. Honestly, if people wanted to add a section somehow in their character sheet detailing how massive their world is, go for it. But, this isn't essential.

The nice thing about character development is the fact that you will be able to slowly explain your world in detail throughout the course of your character. Furthermore I plan for characters to spend a great deal in their home world after the role-play begins, leaving plenty of time to discuss the setting, etc. I think the primary reason I/we did this was to allow for people to think outside the box. To make it original and allow for unique races/characters coming from a wide range of different backgrounds. The only thing I ask is to make it original! Granted, take your inspiration from other sources, just don't outright copy them. I envision a universe unlike any other.

Also, feel free to write up a description of your race when you feel up to it so that I can add it to our terminology page. I'll probably also create a section on worlds possibly so that instead of cluttering character sheets, we can post our worlds there! Or at least the information we have so far. I expect a lot of edits on such subjects. Yes, travel would be allowed between the Spirit Barriers which I first imagined only a Magi or The Order for that matter have access too.

So, war... might be difficult. Then again, that isn't true either. There are more Magi than just The Order so that doesn't mean they couldn't be traveling back and forth and starting trouble. But, mass global war? I doubt it. The only one to really start that was Uldrik and only because he was powerful enough to accomplish it. But I don't see a reason why we can't stir conflict or competition between worlds to some degree. Just depends on how you spin it. Also wanted to say that the Hall of Silence (name courtesy of Winds of Fate) is going to be a bit of a neutral ground. Imagine it as a realm where all the worlds converge in a sense... a place The Order calls their own that is neither here nor there.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Lady Ethereal wrote:Hello to you all,

It's been a while, so pardon me. I might be rusty. Anyway, I would like to reserve the General role and as Maestro predicted. I believe I'm that easy to read. I would take the female role.

Now, time for this brain of my mind to get working.

|Lady Ethereal|

As I live and breathe. My eyes must be deceiving me. This RP had my curiosity but now it has my attention.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:22 pm

That's what I thought when Lady Ethereal crept up and sent me a private message. Probably the last person I expected.

~ Maestro

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Do you mind if I reserve the role of Biasinge? This looks really well done.
[font=times new roman][center]We're living in a den of thieves
Rummaging for answers in the pages...

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Since I believe it's still available, I'd like to reserve the Archite from Biasinge. I'm thinking of basing them off of demons, at least appearance-wise: horns, pointy tail, batwings, and the like. Seemed fitting since we've already got "angels."

Edit because I was 2 minutes late: I'd like to reserve the Sapien, please. Will probably make her female.

I'd also be willing and interested in taking one of the generals left, but I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to take two characters in this.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:44 pm

I just wanted to say early on... thank you all. I'm surprised that this has actually gotten a good response from very talented writers. Unfortunately, I did take the liberty of digging into all of you to see your writing style, and thus far I'm impressed enough to say that all of you are welcome! Here is a revised roles list... a few things have changed, some things were added... etc. Thus far, it is coming along nicely...

Uldrik - TAKEN (TBA)
[M] General - TAKEN (Lifecharacter)
[M] General - TAKEN (Spudjohnson)
[F] General - TAKEN (Lady Ethereal)

[F] Earth, the Land of Sapiens - TAKEN (Lifecharacter)
[M] Atrulyn, the Land of Empyrean - TAKEN (Maestro)
[M] Niatollus, the Land of the Derospexian - TAKEN (Winds of Fate)
[M] Vianthorus, the Land of ____________- OPEN
[F] Samallia, the Land of _____________ - TAKEN (Lloyd999)
[F] Biasinge, the Land of _____________ - Open (Summer in the City)
[F] Terronia, the Land of ______________ - TAKEN (Zaraa)

I'm rather shocked that people were interested in taking the Generals. Nonetheless happy all the same.

@ Lifecharacter, you are free to take both roles as long as you can handle it.

@ Everyone. I'd originally imagined the Generals to play sort of a small role if they didn't get filled up... but all things considered now, I'm rather open to the Generals (you as writers) getting together and plotting your first move. I don't want to constrict you all too much. One thing I'd really like you to keep in mind is that when I first concocted the Generals I had in mind the Four Horsemen. Sort of the heralds of the end time. I'd really like each of them to be different, and attribute something to this vision Uldrik has of conquering the universe.

Uldrik wants to be a God, and his Generals are instrumental in making that happen. For the longest time they've been gone... hiding, waiting... doing whatever you can think of. In the start, they are going to be the ones having to manipulate the playing field and prepare for their master. I would say the goal of them is to break the Seven Seals... which isn't easy.

I ENCOURAGE ALL USERS TO PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH YOUR IDEAS. OR WINDS!

I want to know your powers and ideas on your characters. We want to be available to give you advice and insight.

~ Maestro

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:03 pm

Well well, what interesting things I do see lurking in the OOC....... Well thank you all for showing interest, I will update the Intro tab to reflect the changes my co-gm Maestro has so graciously added.

I don't know what to say...... I am just so overly excited and happy and I am just filled with joy at this moment. Give me a second here, I did get an email from someone reserving a spot and he/she did email before anyone commented on this OOC thread so I do have to make sure things are done decently and in order so bear with me as I update things.

It's so good to see such interest. My character will be up soon, and as Maestro stated if you need ANY help with the powers or if you're lost and want some insight, just shoot both of us a PM, or POST IT HERE, and we can hash it out....

Great things people, great things.....

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kitsunepenguin on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Oh no! I really wanted a piece of this. Jeez, the roles went out like pancakes. Well good luck guys.

kitsunepenguin
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Hmm, for a character and race, I can only think of a telepathy based character, but in truth, I really don't want to do a telepathy-based creature as I've already one in a roleplay I'm participating in right now, and I've already fleshed out an entire society of such creatures. Plus, this character has the illusionry-based abilities of Tier 3. Besides, I could imagine somebody else wants that ability. Maybe I'll wait for other character profiles to be finished... or perhaps we could post what types of magic we're planning for our character's in the Magic thread, just so we don't run into any conflicts when designing them. Sound good?

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Kitsune, I am sorry. I've had a small handful of people express interest... and I really wish I could allow everyone to join. It's really just about balancing the story. The more role-players I allow in the story, the more it hinges on waiting for others to post, and etc. I had planned for there to be four generals originally but I didn't think people would be interested in playing them... so, I'd be open to that (it has to be female though). On the flip side, I /could/ make exceptions for new characters even though you can't have a major role. But, I'd really have to be impressed with an idea for this to work. Chances you you'd have to travel with one of the Archites, or etc. This really would depend on you, and whichever writer would be OPEN to the idea.

If someone can impress me or explain the need for a character, I may consider it...

@ Lloyd that was my original intent on the magic thread. (:

~ Maestro

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Hmm, well, I've come up with two ideas for characters. I'm really not sure which to choose, so I'm just going to post them for feedback.

The first is a telepathic creature of which I mentioned earlier. All of her kind is able to do Tier 1 telepathy, including herself, and these creatures pride themselves as having the brainpower of an entire nation. They mostly live as tightly-knit colonies and do not speak as their minds are basically identical. Conversation between two is no different than the contemplation of one. I could play around with this idea by perhaps giving them a very unique mating system or making them technologically advanced (think either steampunk or clockwork) but very weak because of it (with the exception of some magical prowess) and they are somewhat paranoid of strangers. I could make them one big united nation, or perhaps I could make them many various feudal nations which each act as separate collective minds either fighting each other or trying to advance beyond each other. I think this character will have a fear of fire and loud noises, as she would have been a survivor of a terrible massacre, a powerful bomb of some sort, perhaps created through magic. It'd have to be some sort of equivalent of a nuclear bomb.

My second idea would be of a bear of a woman. Her kind are a sort of horned humanoid and many of which pride themselves on their strength, including this character. These creatures, however, were once Sapiens. They cannot procreate, so they steal Sapien children and make them their own, transforming the child into one of them. The world they live in consists of very little Mana, much of it drained from the planet during the great magic era, causing the world to become a wasteland (either a desert or an ice age, I'm leaning toward the ice age). The remaining Mana that can be found is all claimed for the Matriarch's kingdom. The Matriarch has power over Ice and the entirety of her race follows her loyally, and none of the lesser Sapiens, whom of which live in scattered tribes, can resist. My character was supposed to be the Matriarch's heir and was a well respected heir, being one of the strongest and most dedicated fighters, but upon learning her origins and realizing her real parents were dead, she rebelled. She was exiled from the kingdom, but only by her own choice. Not even the Matriarch wanted her gone, but she had grown hateful toward her daughter as she continued to refuse. Now, she roams the wastelands, sometimes travelling with Sapien tribes as a guide and protector. Maybe kitsune could play as either the replacement heir (who would be considered my character's sister) or as somebody who is part of a Sapien tribe she travels with.

Somehow, I wish I could play both, but alas, there are no more roles. I'd just like feedback on which you guys would prefer I play.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!