Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Orion Affair

The Orion Affair

a part of “The Orion Affair”, a fictional universe by Cloud.

Step through the doors of Orion Institute of Magic and enter a world of witchcraft and wizardry.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Orion Affair”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Orion Affair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:14 am

RubyTuesday, thank you. Reserved :)
    It is hard picking just one favourite character. If anyone is interested Dean Thomas is mine. <3 Alfie Enoch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:59 am

Ellipsis, YES. YYYEEESSS!!!

My life is complete. Some of my favourite writers all under one roof :') I'm going to melt with elation. This RP will be spectacular!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:06 am

Kohananinja Dude, our characters need to be friends. Quidditch playing muggleborns with a hatred for blood supremacy? (also Marianas Trench for life)
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:37 am

@Cloud:
Jacobi is done and ready to be accepted.

If I need to change or elaborate on anything, please let me know. Thank you so much~!

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:58 am

@iCat, Agreed! I didn't really realize until after I'd already written it out, but I think everyone from Phoenicis so far are on the Quidditch team, which is awesome! That cup be ours! ;)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Dumisa, accepted.
    Kohananinja & iCat, holla at the Phoenicis quidditch playing muggle borns (Adie too). And you're right, so far Phoenicis has its three Chaser, a Beater, and a Seeker. Plus Aidan is filling the lovely role of team captain. Which is great because they are the competitive house :) Bring on the quidditch games Centaurus, Pegasi, and Draconis!

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:29 pm

My dear Leo is complete! I'm happy to see that someone else has taken up a role as a male Pegasi- Leo was on his own for quite a while! Rue should be complete soon as well, so she'll be up as soon as possible.

Everyone's characters look absolutely amazing so far and I look forward to seeing them in action!

fivehours
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Everyone, all the characters are looking wonderful. Now, i wanted to know if people are interested in creating unique timetables for their characters or if they'd prefer sticking to something where everyone has the core classes together? Either way I can make a schedule of when specific classes are run for 6th and 7th years that we can base the individual timetables off. Opinions are welcome :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:56 pm

The Phoenicis Quidditch team will be fantastic. What with a bare-chested Aidan yelling profanities at his team like a loving coach during their morning training sessions. I'm tearing up just thinking about it :')

As for timetables - I'm not sure what to include in a 7th year timetable because the main Harry Potter storyline doesn't run into their final year. It might be better for our characters to have some core classes together.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:25 am

Layla, Aidan yelling at his team will bare-chested will be a sight indeed. ;) If that's not inspiration, I don't know what is.

Alrighty, so then I think I'll write up a schedule which will list when the core classes are for the different years and then have times for electives, where we can all pick the electives that apply to our characters. I'll make it in a thread so that people can post their student's timetable if they wish (this is optional). Hopefully this will give those who have finished their characters something to do while we wait for the rest. I'll also put a relationship thread up for those interested in filling a sheet out in a day or too :)
    Oh and I'll update info thread with uniforms :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:11 am

My Galina is officially completed. She's a character close to the heart so I hope she is of everyone's liking and I look forward discussing relationships for her. I can't wait to roleplay with all of you, I am seriously in love with all the beautiful characters that are in so far and I am so glad to be in this roleplay with a lot of talented writers.

I made a request to make Galina the co-leader for both the Potions Club and the Knitting Club, and our amazing GM Cloud agreed to it but I was wondering if everyone was okay with it. It doesn't feel right to take the position without everyone agreeing to it.

Thanks!

"Aunque duela, llega el momento donde se debe
dejar que todo siga su camino, donde es mejor
no forzar nada. Donde se tiene que entender que
aunque con tanta fuerza se desee, hay cosas que
sencillamente jamás serán."

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:09 am

So Adrian is finally done! I'm glad I got one character done before I leave today, haha. All the characters so far look super amazing, I just hope I'm up to par!!

@Emmie, I love Stromae omg,,
And the lies we said at breakfast,
Won't match the lies we had for lunch.
And the lies we told for dinner, yeah for dinner,
They're the tallest of the bunch.

JacksColdSweat
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmie_Hoeller on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:28 am

@JacksColdSweat I love him too. I adore his music and he's amazing. Adrian looks great by the way and I am glad to have another fellow Draconis quidditch member. So far we have our keeper { Andy }, seeker {Galina} and chaser {Adrian} Bring it on other Houses and may the best house win the cup!

Emmie_Hoeller
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:30 am

Cloud, you're putting so much into Orion! Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with - planning timetables, brainstorming, helping with the NPCs, whatever, seriously. Running an RP is tough, especially when you're as dedicated as you are.

On Emmie's note though - would it be alright if Aidan became the co-leader of the United Magic of the World Model Club? It's exactly what he would do (he's striving to become the Minister for Magic).

Jacks, Aidan and Adrian must be long lost brothers!!! Seriously, the similarities between them are uncanny but at the same time they couldn't be more different! Remove the extrovert/introvert and ambitious/relaxed differences and deep, deep down, they're so similar. But different. Omg this is cray. It's like looking in a mirror. It reflects the opposite way, if that makes sense. That doesn't make sense. I'm just excited. And I love Adrian and I want his babies. Preferably his first born, with a cabbage.

(EDIT: omg you know what would be funny. If people in Orion mistook them for brothers. Is that possible? I think they look similar but that could be me. Aidan would be Adrian if he cut down on the turkey a day regime)

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:45 am

Emmie, Same here! Formidable is a favorite of mine too, haha. Yes, though, we're coming up with a complete team here, Draconis for the win!

Layla, Oh my gosh, you're totally right! I knew they were similar about halfway through, but I didn't notice exactly how similar until now. I actually considered changing Adrian up a bit, but I'm actually really glad I didn't now because I really like that sort of foil thing they have going on!! The mirror thing totally makes sense, I was thinking the same thing, like looking into a mirror and seeing what could've been if they had taken a slightly different path from their ridiculously similar upbringings kinda?? I don't know. I love Aidan so much though.
(That'd actually be hysterical. They do kinda look alike, except for the hair. But, like, jawline? Pretty close, haha. God, even their names are super similar lol I promise this wasn't my intention.)

JacksColdSweat
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Emmie_Hoeller, JacksColdSweat, Galina and Adrian are both accepted. They're beautiful and I can't wait to see what you both do with your second characters.
    Layla, Aidan is most welcome to be co-leader of UM, I can edit that now. And thank you! I appreciate the offer of help :)

If you have any FC suggestions for the school ghosts feel free to flick me a PM or IM. ;)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby insouciance on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Bodhi's finally finished, I really hope you like him! Sorry it took me a while to get him done. I love the teachers by the way, you're amazing for putting so much work into this RP Cloud!

insouciance
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Hey Cloud!
    I'm going to have to withdraw my character. I've already made commitments to another roleplay, and I'm pretty spread thin this summer as it is. Sorry about this! I hope it doesn't ruin anything. Thanks,
    Cas

Castle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:39 pm

@Everyone:
Wow. Look at all of the amazing and very unique cast of characters. ^_^

I cannot wait to get this started, discuss relations and write with everyone~!

Also, big hand to Cloud, who is putting in so much time and effort to make this roleplay as great as it already is. :D

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:21 am

insouciance, Bodhi is brilliant. Glad to have him join our growing cast :)

Also thank you, and thanks Dumisa. Since I'm on uni break at the moment I have a lot of time to dedicate to the RP haha, hence why you're getting so much... probably more than needed.

Castle, no problem. Thank you for letting me know! Hopefully I'll catch you around later :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!