Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The possibility of a T-Virus, Real!!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

The possibility of a T-Virus, Real!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:23 pm

I was having a good ol' thought the other day at how it would be like to be a Biochemist or Biological Warfare Researcher including having my own lab, creating, mixing and studying viruses and overall, having a huge corporation.

I then thought of the Ebola virus, the most fatal disease known to man. Only 1500 cases worldwide and only 20% of cases survived. It only occurs in Humans and Primates, and is usually carried by Fruit Bats. The Ebola virus originated in Africa.

Among humans, the virus is transmitted by direct contact with infected body fluids such as blood. The incubation period is 2 to 21 days. Symptoms are variable and often appear suddenly. Initial symptoms include: high fever (at least 38.8° C, 101° F), severe headache, muscle/joint/abdominal pain, severe weakness and exhaustion, sore throat, nausea, and dizziness. Before an epidemic is suspected, these early symptoms are easily mistaken for malaria, typhoid fever, dysentery, or various bacterial infections, which are all far more common. The secondary symptoms often involve bleeding both internally and externally from any opening in the body. Dark or bloody stools and diarrhea, vomiting blood, red eyes from swollen blood vessels, red spots on the skin from subcutaneous bleeding, and bleeding from the nose, mouth, rectum, genitals and needle puncture sites. Other secondary symptoms include low blood pressure (less than 90mm Hg) and a fast but weak pulse, eventual organ damage including the kidney and liver by co-localized necrosis, and proteinuria (the presence of proteins in urine). From onset of symptoms to death (from shock due to blood loss or organ failure) is usually between 7 and 14 days .

The "Zombie" effect: Some cases and patients can actually develop the "Zombie effect" which is extreme as the skin on the body deteriorates and causes and almost "Zombie-like" look.

However, the most shocking information I found on the Ebola virus is that it's been genetically engineered with viruses such as Smallpox to create even more deadlier viruses to be used as Biological weapons. And that's probably just the icing on the cake! How someone can do this is beyond me but it shows how far people can go.

Anyway, want to know the only cool fact on the Ebola? It's the origin of the viruses in Resident Evil. Umbrella used this to create the Progenitor virus which led to all the T's and G's etc. Cool eh? And the slice of information regarding the genetic modifying could lead me to believe that an Umbrella-esque division is out there in several countries.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: The possibility of a T-Virus, Real!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 pm

the Ebola was the base for the "Mother" virus which was combined with Leech DNA to create the T-Virus which creates Zombies. However, it's not certain what the Ebola virus on it's own would cause if combined with Leech DNA. Progenitor Virus (Which is the "Mother" virus) is an RNA Virus. An RNA Virus is also a real-life Virus. Hepatitis B is an example of this. So Hepatitis B + Ebola = ??? You guessed it, a strain of Virus similar to the Progenitor Virus. Combine this new strain with Leech DNA or something along the lines and what do you get? A similar strain of T-Virus. Now whether or not this could all mount up to a similar Virus remains to be seen but this some EXTREMELY serious stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:53 pm

I have further more to add that is shocking:

Enterobacteria phage T4 is a phage that infects E. coli bacteria.
Structural overview of T4 phage
Enlarge
Structural overview of T4 phage

Its DNA is 169-170 kb long, one of the longest DNAs in phages. The lifecycle (from entering a bacteria to its destruction) takes about 30 minutes (at 37 °C) and consists of:

* adsorption and penetration (starting immediately)
* arrest of host gene expression (starting immediately)
* enzyme synthesis (starting after 5 minutes)
* DNA replication (starting after 10 minutes)
* virus formation (starting after 12 minutes)

is a lytic virus

After the lifecycle is complete the cell bursts open and ejects the newly built viruses into the environment. The host cell is destroyed.

The T4 phage has some unique features, such as

* eukaryote style Introns
* high speed DNA copying engine with only 1 error in 300 copies
* special DNA repair mechanisms

Care to explain the bold bit? Now add that to this:

The life cycle of a normal virus can be described through the T-bacteriophage, a virus that preys upon bacteria. The virus itself is a protein crystal with a DNA core. Once the crystal touches a bacteria's cell membrane, it dissolves and allows the viral nucleic acid to enter the cell. The cell immediately absorbs the viral genome into its own DNA. The new genes take over the cell's functions and the cell manufactures dozens of new viral crystals and DNA strings. These crystal shells combine with the new DNA copies to form new viruses; the viruses dissolve the host cell, infect neighbouring cells and begin the cycle all over again. All cell energy in the human body is created by mitochondria. The T-virus actively kills any living mitochondria and replaces the dead ones. The T-virus then combines with cells to produce energy; this energy is enough to power the motor neurones and basic lower brain functions. This bypasses the entire circulatory system and makes organs such as the heart and lungs redundant. Unfortunately the T-virus must consume the cell in order to produce this energy and to divide mitotically and spread round the body. The slow breakdown of cells leads to the necrotising effects seen on most BOWs. The virus also incorporates itself into the host’s RNA substantially altering it. It is in this way that creatures lower down the evolutionary ladder, such as insects, birds and reptiles only increase in size and have only minor mutations due to the relative simplicity of their genome structure.

Now add ALLLLLL of that to the original post regarding the Ebola and RNA viruses.

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Though many ties can be made between the fictional and factorial viruses, in the end only one of them causes powerful, cannibalistic mutation. :\ THANK GOD.

In which game did they mention Ebola as a base strain?
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:46 am

Resident Evil 4....but all of them combined together can create a t-virus, the only thing missing is the actual need of cannibalism. Which brings me to this:

If a biochemist were to have the means of creating the virus, for lets say a bio-weapon (Which was the sole purpose of the t-virus in the first place) He would need the parasite Leucochloridium paradoxum.

In some cases of infection of the parasite, the host receives the common symptoms, like headaches and pains. But what can happen is that the host can go into a violent rage that has been noted to kill someone in order to obtain the victims blood or flesh, whichever you choose. The host is not the one that needs the blood, but the parasite. The parasite needs to keep enough fluids and what not in its host, which is now its home, in order to keep it "alive" but has to keep itself alive, thus forcing the host to attack another of its kind or something else.

Now if you injected the virus above into the parasite, then injected the parasite into the victim, it would create a weapon like no other.

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Wouldn't it suck if some mad scientist trying to kill everyone read this?

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:50 pm

heh...it would lol...but he would need to create an anti virus which i dont even know how to create yet.....

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:56 pm

But what if the scientist was so mad that he was also suicidal....he'd just shoot himself after the virus broke out a bit... then the whole world would be under biological warfare...Which i think is a cheat way to win a war

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:11 pm

Which would be kinda stupid, if there was a way to be able to psychically control zombies by presenting yourself as their "God." You can rule the earth, infect most of India, have the largest army in the world. Its quite brilliant

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:53 am

I just thought of it! using sound hypnosis to control their minds. Their minds have no real instruction for the body, so it would be easy...you would just need to hypnotize the victim before enjection

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:40 am

Ok....Fang ur scaring me here....why do you know all this info...and now that you do....i think the police should inspect your house for Bio chemist supplies

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:58 am

Alot of research into virology and hypnosis...and a lot of time on my hands...but im no chemist, I just make ideas..

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Still....ur kinda creeping me out here (just watched a vid on that one parasite)

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syn on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 am

i've been makeing notes on the G-virus-T-Virus for 4 year's now.

Leucochloridium paradoxum:

Phylum: Platyhelminthes,are found in marine, freshwater, and even damp terrestrial environments.A notable member is the genus Schistosoma, the blood and bladder flukes which cause bilharziosis.The disease affects many people in developing countries, particularly children who may acquire the disease by swimming or playing in infected water. Although it has a low mortality rate, schistosomiasis often is a chronic illness that can damage internal organs and, in children, impair growth and cognitive development.

can reach maturity in six to eight weeks.

The adults are spined, long, dorsally flattened, and have suckers for attachment within their definitive hosts.

Leucochloridium paradoxum presents no known benefits to humans.
but yet there are those who are seeking those benifits.

Syn
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black_Dragon on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:25 am

Mmmmmmmmm...............I guess you people haven't heard what Russia has been working on.

I don't know the full details, only that Russia has created and enhanced a virus to the point where its effects are similar to 28 Days Later. They have taken the Rabies virus, and literally strengthened and speeded the process up. Blood to blood contact renders the victim with 30 minutes for it to affect. Air born infection takes 3 hours, possibly less.

Again, I don't know all the facts.
Image Image Image Image Image
------------------------------------------------
RPs I am in:
When Darkness Falls v.2.0 - Running, Please Join!

Black_Dragon
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 pm

The first post sounded more like "I am Legend" I mean the original book of course. I think he was at war and he was bitten by a bat (I think!! Read this months ago.) and then everyone cept him became Vampires.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:55 am

This is a basic explanation of College-level Biochemistry, Medical Cytology, and several other classes that many colleges offer. This is a solid foundation, but a lot of this stuff wouldn't function properly like you say it would; Genetic splicing and augmentation would be required for a vast amount of the processes required to create this "super-virus". I have to give you credit, though, you got as dedicated as I did when I was brainstorming of my own doomsday virus.

Many things such as this, though, will remain things controlled by nature. Sometimes humanity just can't create thing such as this, to come anywhere near the synthesis of the necessary proteins, amino acids, and amounts of DNA/RNA to prepare for the creation of a virus such as this would require massive amounts of years spent in-lab attempting to create this. It's possible, but not probable, but it's possible, yet highly improbable.

Mmmmmmmmm...............I guess you people haven't heard what Russia has been working on.

I don't know the full details, only that Russia has created and enhanced a virus to the point where its effects are similar to 28 Days Later. They have taken the Rabies virus, and literally strengthened and speeded the process up. Blood to blood contact renders the victim with 30 minutes for it to affect. Air born infection takes 3 hours, possibly less.

Again, I don't know all the facts.

I read an article severely disproving that theory. Human interaction with rabies is far different from it's interaction with normal animals. I believe it's a specific strain of rabies that results in the Old Yeller style craziness, but even when a human is infected with that strain of Rabies, many humans are killed by their own immune system before they ever reach the stage where they begin to lose their minds. Bringing forward this symptom in human interaction with the Rabies virus is impossible, as it is both uncontrolled by the virus itself.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fang_Wolf_Assassin on Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Its just a thought...

I know it will take years in a lab to create something like this, nothing is spontaniously made by humans. I as well never stated that we are perfect when creating something such as this. It would take years of trial and error before we come close to it. It is possible... very possible, but again you would need lots of funding, equipment, etc.. As for the "rabies virus". thats no where near to what I am talking about, though it is very interesting, damn russians (sarcasim).

Fang_Wolf_Assassin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nieve.Roja on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:28 pm

I'll take my fire axe and shotgun just in case.

Sometimes, when I sit in the train, and I look outside, staring at the seemingly endless darkness, I think... "Wouldn't it be cool to fight some zombie hordes now?"

Yeah, though that's just me.

Nieve.Roja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karunashi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:00 am

Left 4 Dead comes to mind for some reason :D, sorry for going off-topic there.

Uhhh, I think I remember seeing one documentary about some virus that made a "dead man" come back to life. I forgot some details because it's been two to three years but it was on the Discovery Channel a few times when I actually got time to watch the television. It'd suck because airborne virus = Even if you got an awesome saferoom/house you'd be infected and would die. . . Then again I wouldn't know if it's better to die before meeting desperate survival plus the zombie outbreak, versus dying without you knowing~. One thing I'd like to avoid seeing if zombie outbreak ever happens would be facing those Special infected (Hunter/Smoker/Boomer/Tank) [Yeah sorry, been playing Left 4 Dead for a while now so I'm all obsessed with that idea.].
Karunashi has Arrived!

Karunashi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!