Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Ragged Kingdom

The Ragged Kingdom

a part of “The Ragged Kingdom”, a fictional universe by Alastairim.

A rowdy bandit troop with dreams to overcome the kingdom, one quest at a time. First money then power - or so the dream goes. Still accepting new characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ragged Kingdom”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Ragged Kingdom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:56 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Ragged Kingdom"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alastairim
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: The Ragged Kingdom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:44 pm

So what are your plans for this RP exactly? Is it mainly going to be a "Robin Hood" like thing, woods and the like, or do you have any plans to shift it to an Urban/City setting?

Any Sub plots? Antagonistic ideas? Status on magic ( used/ not used) ? What sort of atmosphere are you going for with this RP?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:38 am

The goal is to grow both the camp and start to head towards the castle to overthrow the kingdom. This is going to be done in a number of ways, firstly by preventing trade and looting. From there they will either start to rally the people against the kingdom, side with the west kingdom to overthrow the current crown. Or go for an assassination, it really depends what other characters join. The plan is to move from the forest into urban. Subplot wise, I'm leaving it more for characters to develop. Magic is used but not prominent and there can be members of the opposing group; however, since the group is so small currently, it's not a concern for them yet.

The feeling I want to go for is dark and gritty. Things go wrong, people lose limbs. I don't want to control things too much but I want a more adult theme. They aren't doing it for the greater good, they just want to become the rich.

But things can change depending on interest lol and excuse any typos, on my phone lol

xXcandlejackXx wrote:So what are your plans for this RP exactly? Is it mainly going to be a "Robin Hood" like thing, woods and the like, or do you have any plans to shift it to an Urban/City setting?

Any Sub plots? Antagonistic ideas? Status on magic ( used/ not used) ? What sort of atmosphere are you going for with this RP?

Alastairim
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:08 pm

The goal is to grow both the camp and start to head towards the castle to overthrow the kingdom

So How do you intend to do that IC? Are we gathering vagabonds and that ilk and laying siege, or more quiet political take over keeping the current ruler as a front man?

firstly by preventing trade and looting. From there they will either start to rally the people against the kingdom, side with the west kingdom to overthrow the current crown. Or go for an assassination, it really depends what other characters join

Typically people don't respond well to hunger and looting like that imo, most cases where that happens people either rally to the govt or defect to other countries, and view the responsible party as villains. It would make senses if the groups causing this mayhem were disguised as the Counties military/ guards as it would seem that the crown was causing these issues, resulting in a civil war, the issue with that is you'd still have to go against the standing army/ guards who know better.

I might throw my hat in the ring, mainly as an antagonistic point of view, I.e captain of the guard or the grand adviser for the king , giving you some GM material to work with if you'd like.

If you'd allow me, i'd like to make two characters one being mentioned above and the other working with our main groups.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:59 pm

xXcandlejackXx wrote:

So How do you intend to do that IC? Are we gathering vagabonds and that ilk and laying siege, or more quiet political take over keeping the current ruler as a front man?

To be honest, it's really up to the characters. Currently we're just focused on getting guard uniforms from a smuggler (stealing from him anyways) to make an unofficial check point between Waors and the Eastern country that will tax passengers and such under the guise of the royal guard. There will be a lot of complications for this plan but for now, it would be their best source of income. Worse comes to worse, we'll have run back into our killer owl-infested forest and come up with a new plan aha.

After that, our characters will be discussing what we want to do next. I usually play really organically and let the role-play fall where it may. Most likely based on our current crew, we'll be doing something quietly political. After the checkpoint is set up, my plan is to actually have the characters in the bandit group sit down for a meeting. Each of the characters makes their opening statement IC of what they think is best then we discuss it in the OOC. Once decided, we have our characters turn to the option we like the best and go from there - our characters reluctant or not aha. It would just be interesting to RP a debate opener where each of us is being exposed to the ideas from the voices of our characters aha.

Typically people don't respond well to hunger and looting like that imo, most cases where that happens people either rally to the govt or defect to other countries, and view the responsible party as villains. It would make senses if the groups causing this mayhem were disguised as the Counties military/ guards as it would seem that the crown was causing these issues, resulting in a civil war, the issue with that is you'd still have to go against the standing army/ guards who know better.

We'd be doing things a little differently if we took this route, but it's also important to note that the current ruler isn't doing a terribly good job. After his mother was murdered, the Kingdom fell into poverty and its citizens feel little to no loyalty to them. They only need the crown to protect them from the West which is threatening invasion currently.

I might throw my hat in the ring, mainly as an antagonistic point of view, I.e captain of the guard or the grand adviser for the king , giving you some GM material to work with if you'd like.

If you'd allow me, i'd like to make two characters one being mentioned above and the other working with our main groups.

If you're still interested, we'd love to have you. And, like I said, the role-play isn't nailed down at all. If there's stuff you'd like to propose or change, feel free! I like rolling with the punches best aha

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lord of pandemonium on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 pm

I don't suppose this rp is still accepting?

lord of pandemonium
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:28 pm

lord of pandemonium wrote:I don't suppose this rp is still accepting?

Yeah it is :) We're pretty adaptable so feel free to jump into the fray!

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:03 am

Sorry for taking a while to post! I had that post ready but I kept not posting (for some reason, I'm an idiot sometimes)

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby glmstr on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:32 pm

muh arpee, don't let it die D:
so smol

glmstr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:39 am

Hey! Sorry been busy with a family wedding here for the weekend so it's been hectic. I'll post tonight aha. I thought Mal was gonna skip over me but he must have gotten busy too.

Back to the role-play <3 Also, we have a new member! Just so everyone checks out the character aha.

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 am

Also, I have no regrets 8) lmao

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:04 am

Alright, so I had to skip ahead. The camp was already done for a bit and I couldn't wait much longer to get some plot going 8) Hope no one minds. Anyone can post first.

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby glmstr on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:14 pm

No biggie, didn't have much for the immediate future anyway

glmstr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby glmstr on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:56 pm

Hey, sorry about the wait. There was a loss in my family and I've been struggling to put something down for this rp. If you could skip me for one round, I should be able to get back on a roll again in a few days.

glmstr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Alright, no worries!

Sorry about your loss :(

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:01 am

Hey I am still interested in doing this Rp, I've been without internet for a bit and only recently weaseled my way around it. I hope this Rp is still alive! it had a lot of promise and I enjoy reading these characters.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Hey, we're still kicking. Just waiting for Mal right now. Me and him are pretty determined to keep this thing going no matter what aha.

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Awesome, I will write up some characters tonight while I'm at home ( currently using the library's net due to cost of things atm) and should have someone in , in a day or two, just started a new job today so I am excited.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Congrats on the new job :D

And sounds great! With the addition of the witch, it looks like Mal is gonna take the story to a slightly different way so hold on for the ride 8)

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alastairim on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Well, last time I talked to Mal, he couldn't get into his account I guess. It looks like we may be dead.

Alastairim
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!