Announcements: Universe of the Month! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) »

Players Wanted: New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Grimm's Fairies [Roleplayer(s) Wanted] » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. »

The Ravens Nest

The Ravens Nest

a part of “The Ravens Nest”, a fictional universe by AmeliaIsGhostly.

Raven Institute for Speciality Teens, or the Ravens Nest as some call it, is a governmental run operation of cruel testing on teens with supernatural abilities. Can they find a way to escape? (More Inside.)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ravens Nest”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Ravens Nest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Welcome Everyone!

So reservations last for forty eight hours! If you need any help with your characters, or if you have any questions at all feel free to ask them!

And remembers, I do have a character Skeleton if you would like to use it, just ask if you want! I also have a bank of face claims I use if you need help deciding upon that.

For my character, her power is Mindlinking, and so the description I have for that is " -Causing extreme pain to ones head, To access memories of that persons past,to read the thoughts of that person, or communicate with them through the link, to be able to walk through said persons dreams, and to be able to create a mind block in her mind, to block others from getting into her head."

Just make sure you have a general idea of what you can do, and branch off of that.
Last edited by AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..........................................................................................I must have flowers, always, and always.” ― Claude Monet

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Ravens Nest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 pm

May I reserve Resident 3 please? ^0^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GrimBones66
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:44 pm

@GrimBones Why of course you can~ Glad to have you join! ^^

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:45 pm

GOSH GRIM. You beat me to it. I would like to reserve resident 2.
ImageImage

CyberGlowfly
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 pm

May I reserve resident 4?

(I might not get everything done inside the time limit though. My graduation is tomorrow and my birthday is the day after...but I can try my best!)

pieluver
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:57 pm

@CyberGlowfly, aha he's all reserved up for you! ^^

@Pieluver, Unfortunately that one was just put up on reserve for a friend of mine, as this is a remake of one role play I never actually got started on my other account. I want to see if he would like to remake his character, but if he doesn't, then he's all yours, and I'll PM you telling you so.

My apologies!

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Oh, okay then!

pieluver
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:15 pm

hehehe Sorry Cy~ but I'm just happy I got here before anyone else xD I'm usually the last to get here.

Now for powers, I have two in mind that i'm currently debating on. The first is Portal Creation, she can basically open portals that are big enough to fit a human through but are disc shaped. Think Blink from X-Men it's basically the same power.

The second power i'm debating on is basically a sort of necromancy where she can animate like dolls or little clay creatures or make golems, you get the general Idea.

Now if you guys can help me decide ! :D

GrimBones66
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:22 pm

I just submitted him. His FC is Dylan O'Brien and he has the power of weather, a lot like Storm from the X-men.

CyberGlowfly
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46 am

Hello! Well met everyone!

As you can see, my name is Shishio. @Amy mentioned earlier that I was the one for whom the 4th spot was reserved. Sorry @Pieluver, I do still want that spot. If you still wanted to be involved, the Parapsychologist spot is still open.

My character, FC Colton Haynes btw, has an extensive backstory with the Parapsychologist and just because that position doesn't have powers associated with it doesn't mean that he/she won't be influential. You're basically in control of the RIST as the Parapsychologist. You will have a lot of say in what the Subjects do/are allowed to do within the walls of the RIST. In fact, there will have to be an interaction between our characters, in which the Parapsychologist allows my character to leave a particular holding cell within the RIST so he can have a modicum of actual freedom, more on that later. Long story short, no Abilities doesn't necessarily translate into no Power. Something to consider.

As for my character himself. His name is Kayden "Baalthazar" Sirrel. He prefers to go by Baalthazar, or Baal. His powers are, essentially, Pyrokinesis. That being said, they're pretty much a copy of a Fire Dragon Slayer's powers, from the Fairy Tail Manga/Anime. He can control and create fire from within his body, but he can also use his flames to empower his physical strikes. He is immune to fire, and can even consume it to regain energy. As strong as he is, he does have several weaknesses, which I've more elaborately detailed in his CS.

Once all the characters are up, we can start working on Character Relations, then get to posting. So excited to be back @Amy, this makes me so happy! XD
Last edited by XShishioX on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46 am

@Grim, both ideas sound great! (and I'm just sending you the CS now) I think both would work fine, but if you need help deciding one maybe fit the power to the character. If you have an artsy, or a mischievous character, go with the necromancy, if you have a sort of adventurous or intellectual character, go with teleport. ^^

Either way, I'm happy with whatever you choose!

@Cyber, He's accepted~ and he's lovely!

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GunsInPockets on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Might I reserve the The Parapsychologist?
You keep mason jars full of stars in the freezer and scoops of sunlight in bowls on the counter just in case they come home.
The stars get freezer burn and the sunlight rots.
They're not coming back.
Please come back.

GunsInPockets
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Yep! If you have any questions regarding the character, please feel free to ask! ^^

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:24 pm

I will be pulling August from this role-play for reasons I would rather not delve into. May the words and wishes of men help you in your writing.

CyberGlowfly
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GunsInPockets on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:40 pm

I can't find the character sheet

//Edit

I got the sheet and made the CS but it's a very rough, rough draft. I'll get to editing it but I don't have the time right now.

GunsInPockets
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:23 pm

J is completely finished! :D Will do the other stuff later (And maybe add more colour to his prof.)

pieluver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Alright, first post is up! ^^ Sorry it's so long, I was not intending on doing that much but the first dream part was rather large and I try to sum up as much as I could.

Also, if you are having writers block, please could you tell us so we could move on and give your character something more to react to, so we don't have to wait for you post something~ Also, if you plan on being away, or not posting for a bit, please also inform me. We can always come up with an excuse at to why your character is not there at the moment. It would help a lot. ^^

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Hey guys!I know I said I'd finish my characters up yesterday but my parents wanted to suddenly go on a shopping spree in the mall and we literally shopped until we dropped...my feet still hurt TT~TT

Anyway tomorrow is my cousins graduation so i wont be able to do much that night but i'll sure get to it on the weekend for sure!

GrimBones66
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GunsInPockets on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Everyone's posts look great so far. I'm working on mine right now so expect it up by either tonight or tomorrow morning.

GunsInPockets
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:45 am

Hey guys, I'm gonna be sparse on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I have orientation.

pieluver
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!