Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Rebirth of a Legend

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

The Rebirth of a Legend

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:50 pm

Stirring sheepishly against the bartop, Cloud nursed the half empty Corona in hand. The creaking of old bones announced his movement as he rightened his posture atop of the rickety stool. With a gentle tip, the soft clanking of the glass was almost unheard while the remnants of the imported beer drizzled to the floor.

Bear, turning a casual glance towards the owner, not to mention usual patron, with an arched brow, addressing him as he would any normal customer. "Hey, this aint no place for you to go tipping shit over! Someone will have to clean that up and it sure as hell aint me!", his gruff voice seeming to blend with the common mixture of commotion.

Sensing something out of place, Bear stepped before the once great warrior, eyeing him suspiciously. "What's the problem man? And don't give me that shit about how it aint nothin'. I'm a bartender, i've heard it all." Rasing a casual glance, the haunting pale green eyes of Cloud pierced those of Bear. Silence spread over the two, Bear understood completely. When a soldier came home from the battlefield, he always left a piece of him there, an he would always search for this missing peice. It seemed it was Cloud's turn, having placed himself on the sidelines for more than two decades, it was time for him to venture to the next battlefield.....Wherever it may be...

"Alright, go.", with that said, Bear turned his back on the man, knowing it might just be the last time he'd ever see him, alive.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:27 pm

"Hah, that's thirty!", he smiled as he spoke, the wrinkled countors of his face billowing. "God damnit Jack, I don't see why I play you anymore...", an equally pair of old hands fell atop of his remaining dominos. Staring at the preplayed game, attempting to decipher his next move, the old gundam pilots contemplated.

"Come on WildFire, don't quit on me now.", slaming his remaining dominos against the table, Wild raised his weary brown eyes, regarding the man with his constantly dim visage. "You know better....You don't call me by that name, no one can, anymore." Jack settled into the chair once more, knowing this argument all too well. If one was to look upon the older, battle scarred man before him, they would definantly question the accusation, if they even faintly recalled the name.

Yet, it was true, The Legendary Wildfire, the man that trained the one person who needed no title nor a nifty little catch phrase to announce his arrival. The one man that led one of the most powerful groups among the known universe for several years.

The almighty }{G, present then, and present now. People too hungry for power, people wanting more than they can afford, and it was time. Time to cash in those chips, time to lower that weakened hand to the mat, issuing those sounding slams of defeat.

There was hell to pay, and the Devil had arrived for his dues.

A carefully etched line rose down the middle of the street, buildings rattled against their foundations, citizens scattered about, gathering their children and recently purchased items. Dust billowed about the area as local establishment met their demise, crumbling to meer rubble as they reenforced steel doors opened against them.

Wide eyed, Jack couldn't help but watch in sheer amazement. Meanwhile, WildFire, caring naught, for the moment, lowered his right hand to the table with a vicious slam. "Thirty five, and no counter for it!", now, reclining in his seat, WildFire turned to look as well. Catching the sight just in time to see the monstrous beast that had once struck fear into the hearts of whatever dimwitted fool found himself on the opposite end of it's blade, he couldn't do anything but stare. With his breath locked in his chest, his eyes fell against the heavily engraved characters that lined the suit's closed wings.

}{G - 113

"Dear God, it's him..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud·Strife on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:18 pm

The trip across L4 was a short one, crowded with police and mobile armors, nothing more than a nuisance. Taking it's mammoth steps across L4, for fear of burning everyone alive behind him if he dared activated the massive verniers that seemed to line the back of Iness EX, his destination was set ahead. With the massive numbers of audible alarms blaring in his cockpit, Cloud brushed a skilled hand across the keyboard before him, silencing them with what seemed to be one stroke.

A gently beeping signaled the incoming comm link. Spreading itself over the Iness' main view screen, a soldier, or at least assumed to be a soldier by his military attire, addressed him. "Unknown, you must cease and...", his words were cut short as Cloud raised a hand to silence him. With a gentle tilt of his head and narrowing of his eyes, he spoke, that voice so fluid an memorable that it still struck fear into the hearts of many.

"You know my name, and i'd appreciate it if you'd go ahead and open the front door. I'd hate to have to make another.", it was a bluff, of course, yet he was so good at bluffing. With hurried motions, the soldier relayed the message, forgetting that he left the previous link open. With his gained reply, he, in turn, answered. "Mr. Strife, you're cleared. Please, enter bay SevenAlpha and we'll prepare the isolation.", with a gentle nod, Cloud canceled the link.

Placing Iness into the designated Bay and setting the new A.I. controls, Cloud reclined in the seat of the new suit. With the gentle tugging of the grav belt, Iness EX began to pull away from L4, propelling outwards amongst the stars. With black space enveloping his suit, Iness EX fired two of it's rear verniers, furthering it's distance from L4 as the grav belt released it's moderate hold.

"Iness, open up the command frequency for the }{G.", he said, waiting for the momentary reply. The voice, though not mechanized yet still retaining it's form, answered, "Link open, Commander Cloud." Cloud stirred forth, rightening himself amongst the plush cushions of the cockpit seat.

"Attention all active members of }{G, includin' some of you folks that aren't quite on the map these days. I'll be conducting a meeting in Mowry, Arizona, might seem like a familiar place for some of you. The old Hangar, two days, don't be late.", with a gentle stroke of his hand, the feed was cut and the message was sent. As he dropped back down into the seat once more, preparing for the long ride 'home', Iness' A.I. spoke once more, reading off the message that appeared after one that weilded a }{G comm had accessed it after a certain period of time.

"Welcome back, Captain Cloud."

Cloud·Strife
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.