Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

The Reclaimers

The Reclaimers OOC

a part of “The Reclaimers”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

A Sword and Planet Fantasy taking place on M'Sal, where the deserts are wide and the dangers are plenty.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Reclaimers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Reclaimers OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Welcome to The Reclaimers.

This will be where it all begins.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: The Reclaimers OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Alright so anyway guys, I'll be giving some time for character sheets to drop in. In the mean time, I will say that a group of six or seven including myself is the limit of writers. Seven might be pushing it. This roleplay is an experiment pretty much in everything for roleplaying, plot, characters, setting, genre, mechanics, etc. And part of this experiment is figuring out what the magic number for a roleplay group is.

I'm sure you've read the front...hopefully, and understand that it is very bare for a reason. Worldbuilding! Yes indeed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:44 pm

I will have a character skeleton for you tomorrow. I am looking forward to building and developing with you and anyone else who joins.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gh6st on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:30 am

I made a thing u vu i'm tired but the rp seems cool so I couldn't help but make my dude now, so just tell me if I messed up or something and i'll fix it!

Gh6st
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Cool cool guys. I'm just waiting for the other character sheets to come in before I make my deliberations.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gh6st on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:14 pm

H*ck yeah, sweet. I got your PM btw, Vindi, it's just that I can't respond on account of the fact that my account is so new I guess?

But sweetles, can't wait for this ball to get rollin'!

Gh6st
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoticChrono on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

Hello. I haven't been Roleplaying in quite some time now and I felt the perfect thing to get me back into this all (Since I just can't seem to do it.) Would be this. Commonly my characters were never really...well normal. I always added something quirky or just wrong with them, my personal favorite being the mildly insane one who holds another personality in him that seemed more put there instead of always there or developed. The second mind also was commonly named Madness as it was fitting to his actions and thoughts, the name stuck when people started it. Any who I may find some trouble beginning this character so sometime if your not busy you could assist me in the making of this character? I spoke to my friend who gave me a link to this and even he agreed that I should stick to my roots in RP and play something involving Heat resistance, affinity for fire, and a type of nomadic living style. Well I hope you see this and now that I look I typed a little too much I feel, problem of mine from time to time.
-Psycho

PsychoticChrono
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Hullo all!! Very nice to meet you. I might have just sent in a character sheet, but I decided to post and ask a bit first. By that I mean that I'll probably be asking a lot of questions over the next day or two. Or I might not. I don't really know.

On to the questions... What if I have a picture in mind (hint: I don't.) that has a similar style to anime but isn't quite the same style? I know of a number of pictures that are similar to anime but are also fairly close to what you put as the style that is in the intro page thingy. Would you just like to trust my judgement (I mean, you don't know me at all, but maybe) or would you like to see it beforehand?

Also!! Are you planning on using the OOC a lot for this roleplay or will it be used less often? Just trying to get your plans. I personally use the OOC a fair amount anyways. (Meaning almost every time after I post in the actual roleplay and a lot in between. Sometimes my OOC posts get much longer than my actual roleplay posts. I often talk a lot about my character and ask people about their characters and just generally... maybe I should stop talking for now. I hope to hear from you soon!!!)

Kuroe
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Hey Kuroe, to your first question, why don't you pm me what you had in mind.

Second question, yeah I'll be using the OOC a lot. Communication is key.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:39 am

Heya!! Okay, so I figured I should say this in the OOC as it may pertain to other people, but if I'm making up a race with their own culture, lore and set of beliefs should I list some out in the lore part of the OOC or is that a privilege specific to you, Vindi? You don't seem very uptight about the whole thing, but I figured I'd ask.
And don't worry, this is stuff about the Cron Suil that I stumbled upon during the making of my character sheet. I would love to just start talking all about it but I'll spare you all for now.

Kuroe
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 am

Before we get ahead of ourselves, I just wanted to reiterate that I was looking for a group of six or seven writers. At the moment, this Rp has generated a lot of interest, which is great and all. That's why I ask everyone to worry about their characters first so I can decide soon.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:10 pm

I have submitted one, and do understand your concern. I apologize for my... chattiness? I believe that would be the fault. I go to work on another character now.

EDIT!!!! I have finished the second character. I am happy and content with them and whatnot. Fairly simple I think. I don't think I was supposed to get fancy. hm. I hope not.

Kuroe
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Announcement:

The cut off date for any more character sheets will be on December 7th. That will be two days from now, or the end of this week.

I'll be coming to a decision on that day, as I've been given a good amount of time to look over characters.

Thanks for your patience guys.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Alright, due to a turn of events, I think I've come to my decision quicker than expected.

I have my seven. We have a young mage, a scientist, an airship pilot and his adopted son; an avian fighter, a pilgrim and his companion; and an assassin. Things are shaping up, I see a lot of possibilities.

Meet and greet, say hello, check out each other's profiles and start thinking of ideas. In the mean time, I will be working on an introductory post.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:02 pm

I just wanted to do a quick hello in the ooc, seeming that my inclusion into the roleplay wasn't really known other than Vindi himself, but I do look forward for what will become of the roleplay itself. The variety of characters sure looks interesting.

Dementedness
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gh6st on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Awwwwww yeeeeeeah, birdman in the house >:U

CAW CAW. Nice to meet ya'll!

Gh6st
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Yay!! I'm glad to be in the roleplay!!! This is looking extremely fun and interesting!!

Well, I figured it'd be a good idea to mention right not that I play the aforementioned "pilgrim and his companion". If you want a better idea about the "pilgrim" part, check Eian's profile. I figure it'd be equally likely for him to end up with any of the other characters, so if someone has a particular preference, do tell me.

Kuroe
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:08 am

Alright guys, the introduction to the world of M'Sal begins. I'm hoping you guys get ideas of where we can go with this world.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:26 pm

So!! While I could very well go post right now I was wondering whether anyone had a preference. I mean, if they wanna start a scene in a certain place or something or other.

Kuroe
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:51 pm

I think that my character will be interested into what is happening in Protectorate City. If anything, he could bump into anyone if someone is there.

Dementedness
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!