Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Rend

The Rend

a part of “The Rend”, a fictional universe by Miss Echo.

The observer of worlds has grown bored, and decided to try a hand and making his own "story". Unfortunately, you've been chosen as a part of this. Have fun.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Rend”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Rend

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Heyo again. I'm Echo, Echo is me, what have you. I wanted to go for something more casual this time, and something that would allow for character interaction without much pressure. I'll most likely put into more serious mode at a later date, but for right now I'm just trying this plot out and stuff. Feel free to hop in if you want, and remember; if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer. :3
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: The Rend

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:58 pm

By "original canon," did you mean a brief description of the character's original world and story?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Hey there Echo! Miss me? Haha I might join when I get a chance I've got loads of original characters just rattling along in my brain I could use for this!

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:39 pm

I'll probably start filling in an application for this tomorrow sometimes but I was wondering as well:
What do you mean by "original canon," what do we put there? (since I assume it's not supposed to be the name of an anime or something since these are OCs)
Image Image Image

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:59 am

@Druid/Nezzy: Yeah. Sort of like what roleplay they came from, or what story, etc. The basic story can be put into the History and all, but just sort of a brief brief description can be put there, too. :3

Bluuuuuue :D
I'd love for you to join! This is really casual, so don't worry about throwing in a character all that much. Everything is gonna be sloppy and horribleeee :D

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonFox on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:19 am

Woo! I love opportunities to use my OCs! I've lost count of how many I have a lot time ago, but I'll submit one sometime tomorrow.
~ The Crimson Fox ~

CrimsonFox
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:22 am

Got it done! Might do the more specific powers/weakness thing Eze's sheet has going on later.

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:22 pm

I'm going to try and wait for everyone who's interested so far to get their characters up, and then I'll get my own and kick things off. Yaaaay :D

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:10 pm

I should be able to get my character up tomorrow. I was having trouble deciding which character to use, and I was considering using one of my fantasy Oc's but I figured I'd use a cyborg/mercenary super villian of mine instead since heroes can be so boring, and so far we seem to be leaning towards fantasy more than anything else so I figured this guy could spice it up a bit!

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Awesome! I love that you're choosing to do a contrast there. I'm actually planning to do a semi-Fantasy character myself (whoops), as well as a semi-Sci-fi one, so hopefully I'll be able to make my own balance of myself. :D
I look forward to seeing your charrie~

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonFox on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:28 am

I've submitted mine! I went with a more medieval/fantasy setting; somewhat overused, I know, but tell me what you think of her and her companion.

CrimsonFox
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:37 pm

I might join in at some point; I love this sandbox concept! It's super fun and creative. Whenever my schedule frees up, I'll be sure to hop in.

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:44 pm

Coolness, coolness! I look forward to seeing her in action, haha~

@Burning: Aw, thanks! Feel free to hop in whenever you have the time; no matter how many posts there are, I'm hoping to still draw in interest from people. :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:59 pm

I have to admit I do certainly like the concept. I may have to submit something here.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:56 pm

Shweet! Take your time in selecting a character, dear friendly person on the interwebs. I'll be posting my intro shortly for my characters, but even then they'll all be stuck there for a while- and Rend isn't opposed to bringing in new people to spice things up- so don't feel pressured or anything. :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonFox on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Oi with all these amazing and extraordinarily powerful OCs I'm starting to think Adira is at a disadvantage. Oh well! I suppose every party has to have an underdog who eventually (and unexpectedly) becomes as obscenely powerful as her allies. (Though I may go in a try to touch up a few of her strengths/abilities so she can at least keep up until then, hahaha)

CrimsonFox
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Don't worry about that, friend. Rend will probably notice the stark contrasts and, eh, "change things up" a little to make things fair~ ;3
Can't have everyone just breezing through their problems, after all.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonFox on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Fantastic! Any hints as to when we'll be able to get started? I'm super-duper excited (in case you couldn't tell by my use of "super-duper")

CrimsonFox
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Hey Echo quick question, how likely is it that Rend could bring someone into his world that's already died in their own universe? I was considering submitting another character, this one being a shape shifting fantasy OC of mine, but he's a little.............dead.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 pm

I'll try to get a post up today if I can, or even tomorrow, as my internet has been a bit buggy for a while. With any luck, though, it won't end up being too long a wait! :3

@Blueshadow: Pretty likely. I see no reason why he wouldn't, especially if he found the character quite interesting. So go ahead and bring him it if you want~ :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!