Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On The Run [open to new player]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: On The Run [open to new player]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 am

Lucas stayed still and quiet, trying very hard to not talk to himself knowing that Annika was trying to get rid of this policeman the best she could and Lucas had to play along. As far as the policeman knew Lucas and Annika were normal people.

The policeman repeated " I said I have reason to believe that you two fit the description of two individuals that have gone missing. If you would follow me we will take you too the station ask you some questions and if everything checks out we will let you go. It shouldn't take longer than half an hour. If you do run I will be forced to arrest you. Under suspicious behaviour and failing to comply with instructions"

Lucas shivered slightly, he didn't want to be arrested that meant a small room with no windows.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:31 am

Annika nods slowly, still acting as though she didn't know what he was going on about.
"Alright. We do need to be off soon, though. Our parents are expecting us back in a few hours. Can I--"
She's a damn good liar. Still holding Lucas protectively, she gets out her phone and pretends to text. As she does so, she doesn't look up but says to the policeman:
"We'll come with you. We just can't be too long."

She hopes that'll suffice. Her heart's pounding and her face has gone pale, but she hopes he hasn't noticed...
If anyone fancies some 1x1, just drop me a message!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 am

The policeman watched her as she got out her phone although she went pale he brushed that off as the cold suddenly hitting them. The younger boy he wasn't so sure about he seemed out of it.

" Great if you'd follow me we will try and get everything sorted out" the policeman replied giving a soft smile.

Lucas moaned softly shaking his head at Annika this wasn't going to end well. The pair got into the police car, Lucas's hands trembled nervously and he hummed to himself queitly he only stayed silent when they finnaly got out of the car there was another person waiting at the door who didn't look like a policeman.
" you will be with me young lady and your brother will be with the person waiting at the door"

Lucas gulped loudly, his hands rubbing together as they got out of the car.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:24 am

Annika frowns, looking from the policeman to the other man waiting at the door.
"Why? I thought you were just going to ask us some questions?"
She holds her ground, resolutely looking from the policeman to the other man.

She keeps hold of Lucas, beginning to feel nervous again. She thought she'd just be able to bluff her way through this...

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:54 am

The policeman paused and spoke " we are but we have to ask the questions separately because if we were to ask you both questions at the same time, there would be a chance of your answers being altered by the other person. It's just how it is I'm afraid," he paused gesturing to the door " it's allright don't worry"

Lucas kept his eyes on the floor, he tapped his hands together quickly and mumbled softly. Trying to calm down.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:03 am

"Alright."
She gives Lucas a meaningful look.
"Be good, yeah?"
She says it jokingly, but her expression basically says 'don't tell them anything'. She gives his hand a last squeeze before dropping it, lifting her chin and following the policeman.

The other man smiles gently at Lucas, beckoning him.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:12 am

Lucas nodded quickly in understanding of course he wouldn't tell them anything, Lucas never made any sense anyway even when he did avoid talking to himself. He looked at the other man and slowly followed him his eyes darting around checking everything he could. He watched as Annika was taken away by the policeman.

He hummed to himself fiddling with his hands, there was so much noise and so many people. He put his hands on his head his eyes following everywhere.

The policeman lead Annika to a room with two chairs and a desk. " take a seat, I haven't introduced myself I'm Robert Brown. Could you tell me your name?" He asked sitting down and taking out a pen.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:48 am

"Cara Jones" Anni tells him, nor even hesitating. It's the first name that comes to mind.
"And my brother's called Jamie."

She's a fairly convincing liar. She hopes it'll get them through this.

---

The other man leads Lucas into a separate room, and gestures for him to sit. As he sits down himself, he asks Lucas:
"Have you and your sister travelled far today?"
His voice is very soft, his tone encouraging.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Robert nodded " mm...hmm" he nodded slowly writting something down. " would you mind telling me where about you live? Why were you at the train station?" He asked. " your brother is very nervous isn't he?" He commented.

-----

Lucas couldn't sit down, not yet he had to check the room was safe, anything could be a weapon. Lucas walked around the room his hands fiddling with each other, he muttered to himself as his eyes darted around the room. He ducked down to glance under the table incase anything was there, he ran his hands through his hair still mumbling to himself. The room was safe but he didn't want to sit down at all. He whimpered softly nodding quickly to the mans question "yeah far" he shuffled his feet slowly eyes looking at the camera in the corner of the room.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:37 pm

She blinks.
"One at a time?"
She grins, attempting to get on his good side by being mildly funny.
"My brother isn't feeling very well. We've just got back from visiting our gran. Jamie wasn't feeling well when we set off."
The lies come easily, rolling off her tongue effortlessly.

---

The man smiles gently at him.
"In your own time, son. Do you mind telling me your name?"
He takes out a pencil and a pad of paper.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Robert smiled softly and wrote down whatever she was saying " I see" he began he searched through his papers pulling out a picture of her and Lucas at random train and bus stations. He laid them out on the table pushing them over to her. " you remember I said that both you and your brother fit the descriptions of two missing persons? You've done an awful lot of travelling by the looks of it and is has raised suspicions of police officers in the surrounding area. If you have something to tell us now is the time. If your in trouble or in a bad situation at home we can help you." He explained twisting the pen in his fingers.

---

Lucas shook his head quickly his hands on his head again, he paced back and forth slowly. He didn't want to tell this man anything, Annika told him not too say anything.

He hummed softly to himself retreating back into the corner of the room, he slid down into the corner muttering to himself playing with the zip on his coat. " L-Lucas.." He mumbled rocking back and forth slowly.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:20 am

She fakes shock.
"God, no. We're absolutely fine."
She pulls one of the pictures closer, trying to stop her hands shaking.
"Wow. We do look similar. But we've just been away for a while. And we do need to get home."
She gives the policeman a sweet smile, although her eyes tell a different story. She's terrified.

---

"Right, that's great."
The man scribbles something down on his pad of paper, and then gets a walkie-talkie out, mumbling something incoherent into it.
"Now, how old are you?"

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:56 am

Robert noticed the sudden change in her behaviour, the shaking of her hands and the fear in her eyes as she looked at the pictures. It must have been a match she wouldn't have acted so scared if the pictures wasn't of her and her brother. " you've changed a little bit, you suddenly look so scared. Nothing is going to happen to you I promise. Please. Tell me what's going on and we can sort everything out not just for you but for your brother. I know your concerned about him too. Aren't you?" He asked trying to get her to open up.

---

Lucas eyes watched as the man grabbed a Walkie-Talkie mumbling something into it that Lucas couldn't hear. Lucas had excellent hearing, after years spent trying to be as quiet as he could he had learnt how to hear everything around him. Lucas's breathing quickened as he thought about everything that could happen, perhaps the man was calling someone to get him.

Shaking his head quickly he gripped onto his hair tugging it sharply " no...no no...can't...can't go anywhere..." He repeated to himself closing his eyes. " I'm 17.." He answered eventually.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:40 am

"No. We're fine."
Her voice stays even. She's determined not to crack.
"Now, we really do need to get back. Our parents will be worrying."
She looks at him hard, her eyes wide.
"Please."

---

"17. That's good, thank you."
He scribbles something else down, glancing up at the door.
"And your sister? What's her name?"

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:58 am

Robert sighed something was still definatly wrong with her, " I know something is wrong, you have brought tickets frequently heading further and further north. It's clear you are running from something" he asked pulling out a list of all the tickets they had brought. " tell me" he added.

---

Lucas's continued to watch the man as he looked to the door, he could hear his heart beat in his ears and his breathing picked up again. Something was going to happen he could just tell. He hummed loudly fiddiling with his fingers " A....Annika...her name's Annika " he added pulling his hood up over his ears covering his ears too. " no more....no more...no.no.no.no." He muttered.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:13 am

She clenches her jaw tightly. She wasn't going to say another word. She's terrified, but she can't think of anything else. She crosses her arms across her chest and stares silently at the policeman. She knows she's digging herself deeper and deeper into this hole, but she's so scared she doesn't know what else to do.

---

"Don't worry, Lucas."
The man smiles as another, more muscular man comes through the door.
"We've got someone here to help you a little bit. He's going to take you somewhere where you can be looked after, and you'll still be able to see your sister. That'll be nice, yeah?"
He's trying to be as nice as he can about it, but he can see the boy's terrified.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:08 am

Robert sighed again, she was definatly stubborn but was hiding something. " I know your hiding something and I know your scared. But the only way I can help you and your brother is if you just talk to me. Is something going on at home? Are you and your brother getting hurt or mistreated?"

---

Lucas's eyes filled suddenly with fear and he stood up quickly backing further into the corner of the room. " no..no..can't go can't go" Lucas's hands covered his ears and he began to pace back and forth his eyes on the muscular man he was going to grab him. Lucas knew that. He had to get away shaking his head he groaned loudly. Taking a few steps forward he began to mumble loudly, he retreated behind the other man " please...don't let him...I can't go" he pleaded his feet shuffling from side to side hands still on his head.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:11 am

"No."
She stares at him hard, or at least tries to. Her eyes have started darting about. Looking for a way out. Anything to just escape.
"I told you. We're fine. And we need to leave. Now."
She gets up, gathering her coat and putting in back on. She's shaking badly.

---

"You don't need to worry. We're just going to make sure you're alright, son. Nothing to worry about."
The other man gently but firmly puts his hand on Lucas' shoulder, and says gruffly:
"This way. It's not a long journey."

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:35 am

Robert stood as she did he wasn't going to let this go, " I can't let you go I'm afraid, not if I feel you are in danger and I feel you and your brother are. How do you explain all the running you've done, how nervous the pair of you seem. Your brother doesn't seem fine with all this" he moved to block the door.

---

Lucas mumbled to himself over and over again he jumped and cried out in fear as the taller man put a hand on his shoulder. He found himself nodding quickly even though he still whimpered and muttered " no...Annika where....where is she? Is she coming?...please...I need to..." He struggled a little bit trying to get away but this man was strong.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:38 am

She hears something that sounds like a little yelp. And it sounded like Lucas.
"What--"
She darts to the door, whipping round to look at the policeman.
"What are you doing to him?"
She knows it'll give her away, but she calls out:
"Lucas?"

---

"Come on now, son. Easy does it."
The muscly man leads him from the room, where he's joined by his colleague. They lead Lucas out to a little ambulance.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!