On The Run [open to new player]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

On The Run [open to new player]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:58 pm

A story about two siblings on the run from a life full of pain and fear

Lucas paced nervously around the room his hands rubbing together rapidly scratching every now and then at his skin, pinching with his nails that were already worn down to the point of bleeding. He looked out of the window for what must have been the eleventh time in the space of five minutes, the pair had arrived late last night around 11:00 it was now 3 o'clock in the morning. But Lucas's mind was far from tired and his body was raring to go, he had to check everything was safe. He had to check. His sister said that this was a short stop by and then they would be leaving to get to there next destination. The pair had been running for about a week and a half, they may have escaped from their horrid parents but they were not free yet.

He wasn't sure where they were going but Lucas would follow his sister anywhere, she would keep him safe. A screech of tyres caused Lucas to cover his ears quickly mumbling to himself " just a short stop...short stop" he glanced at the window again his hands still over his ears. Running his hands through his hair tugging his hair sharply to make sure he was still there, that he was still breathing. Lucas looked around the room touching everything to see if it moved, everything was dangerous even if people didn't think it was, everything was a weapon. Everything caused pain. He had checked the bathroom it was basic, a little dirty but it would do they wouldn't be here long.

He looked under the bed again for the fifth time in about ten minutes. He released his hair and rubbed his hands together, his mind going a mile a minute, worrying about all the possibilities of harm and danger. Whimpering to himself he began pacing again his eyes darting everywhere they could. " Short stop....short stop" Lucas muttered to himself.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: On The Run [open to new player]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tessamay on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Can I Join??
My characters Name is Tessa, She is fifteen, she has a love-hate, but mostly hate, actually always hate, relationship with her parents. her talents are; talking, missing assignments, singing, and catching guys attention. She was a twin, but her sister was hit by a car when she was ten. She has a talent of accidentally blowing things up, and accidentally killing pets, especially fish. Shes only ever had gerbils and goldfish though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tessamay
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:19 am

I'd quite like to get involved here as well, I'm completely new here but have RPed before, and I really love runaway style RPs. So I'm gonna go ahead and say I'd like to join here, let me know if you're interested!
If anyone fancies some 1x1, just drop me a message!

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:23 pm

She was back. Finally. Annika had gone out to get food, but she didn't know the area. As a result she'd been gone hours. Her heels were rubbing but she persevered, huffing and cursing as she climbed the concrete stairs. She was still scared. Scared she was being followed. She peered over her shoulder, nearly dropping the bags. Nobody there. As ever.

She knocked the door gently, hoping Lucas hadn't fallen asleep. Unlikely, but not impossible.
"Lucas?"
She called his name through the door quietly, tapping on it with the toe of her shoe. She didn't dare let those bags go, or she'd never have the energy to pick them up again. She awaited his reply, biting the loose skin on her chapped lips.

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:51 pm

cant find my original picture have to search through.

"Lucas"

Lucas stood up quickly, his mind going a mile a minute as he tried to determine who was at the door. Sure is sounded like his sister but it might not have been. It could have been someone who sounded like her, or even someone who had caught her and was forcing her to talk to get Lucas out of the room.

He held onto his head as his mind became to overload, he hummed loudly and paced a few time slowly getting closer to the door. He held his hand out slowly working his way towards the door. " short stop...short stop" he mumbled to himself as a way of reassurance. Grasping his trembling hand on the door handle he pulled it down and cracked open the door briefly enough to see Annika's shoes. That was enough clearance to let her in.

Stepping away for the door Lucas went to the window again looking for anything, he rubbed his eyes slightly and tapped his hands together.he checked the corners off the room again as well as under the bed. Turning to Annika's he spoke his feet shuffling from side to side " You said you....wouldn't be long...you were long...very long" he said looking at the floor as he spoke.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:10 pm

-----------------

With a toss of her hair she was in, and she pushed the door back with her foot. It shut with a satisfying click. She braced herself against it to make sure it was properly closed.
"I brought you food. You should be grateful," she murmured, making her way over to the squat bed she'd taken possession of, "we-- I mean, we're safe. Honestly."

She tried to smile at Lucas to let him know it was alright, although her face was strained. She did feel bad, but she was determined to try and make light of it. She dumped the bags on her bed, patting the space beside her to invite Lucas over.
"Come and have a look at what I've got."
She sat down, kicking her heels off and massage the arches of her sore feet. Four miles and back in platforms was painful...

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Lucas watched as Annika shut the door and came in to the room, sitting down on the bed and inviting Lucas to come over and see what food she had managed to get for them. Lucas was hungry but he was cautious around food at the best of times. Food could be poisoned, out of date or cooked incorrectly.

Lucas moaned lightly and stayed at the window for a while ignoring his sister, of course he trusted her but a life of fear developed into something dark inside. He rubbed his hands together nervously ignoring his rumbling stomach, after a while he decided he would go to her.

He nodded to himself and sat next to Annika, looking at the bags with interest. " What did you get?" He asked he didn't mind what the food was, food was food.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:59 pm

She smiled gently, tipping out the first bag. An array of sandwiches, crisps and chocolates fell out. But with a coy smile and a flick of her hair, she pulled the second bag away from its contents. Inside were two pizza boxes.
"Ta-da!"

With an affected flourish she placed one of the boxes on his lap.
"All your favourite toppings. The things I do for you..."
She said it gently, jokingly, although her voice was close to cracking. She was exhausted, exhausted like she hadn't been for a while.
"Eat up. We'll be getting off early tomorrow. I've already got our train tickets."
She flashed a few pieces of card from her pocket before tucking her legs under herself and delving into her own pizza box. Her hands were shaking ever so slightly, but her overly-jaunty movements almost disguised it.

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Lucas's eyes lit up at the sight of the pizza, he really enjoyed pizza it was a treat really. Opening the box he saw his favourite toppings, Pepperoni, red and yellow papers and sundried tomatoes. He started to take off the toppings one by one, counting them quietly to himself, he would eat them all later after he had eaten the pizza. He had learnt to savour food even if it meant taking everything away from a meal.

He nodded in understanding to his sister as he started to eat " where are we going again?" He asked not really remembering where they were heading. He knew that they were getting away but he didn't know what they would do when they got there. Lucas picked up another slice and slowly chewed on a slice of pepperoni.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:44 pm

"Um--"
She cut off her words suddenly, freezing for a moment before taking control of herself. In all honesty she had no idea where they were headed, but she couldn't let Lucas know that.
"I thought we could head further north. Furthest away is better, really."
She opened her own pizza and nibbled the tip of one slice, taking tiny bites in a somewhat childish way.

As she ate she thought, racking her brains. Did she know anyone who'd be able to house them for a few days? If not, it'd have to be another crappy hotel. But they could survive on that. Once they were far enough away.
"At any rate, you'd better have a wash and then go to sleep right away. I don't know when we'll next be able to sleep properly. I mean--"
She stopped, worried she was sounding too unsure.
"The next place is quite far away."

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:45 am

Lucas listened to Annika as she tried to explain where they were planning on going. North was the plan by the sound of it, was it cold in the north? Lucas had no idea he wasn't allowed out usually, Annika at least got to go to work and got away from it all. Lucas was stuck inside, he went to school every now and then but didn't feel safe anywhere.

He continued to eat the pizza and listen to his sister, he pulled a face when she asked him to go to bed. Lucas didn't sleep usually, he was used to staying up all hours of the night. Thing was you had to stay up in case something happened. " Kay" Lucas mumbled rubbing his hands together nervously. Standing up he went into the bathroom splashing water over his face he came back into the room. Sitting down on the bed he rubbed his hands together, his eyes looking at the door and then at the window. What if something came to get them while they were asleep and drag them back.

His breathing quickened and his hands went over his ears, shaking his head " can't go to sleep...he'll get us" Lucas muttered closing his eyes and rocking back and forth slowly.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:32 am

Annika stopped nibbling the pizza and closed the box, nibbling at her lower lip. She hated it when Lucas got like this.
"Hey..."
She went over to him, sitting down beside him and stretching an arm round his shoulders.
"We're safe here."

She glanced at the door almost instinctively. Even though she knew it was locked.
"I wouldn't let us stay here if it wasn't. Come on now. Get some sleep."
Even if he stayed awake all night it'd make her feel better to know what she'd tried. She couldn't sleep herself knowing he was still wandering about, muttering to himself.

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 am

Lucas's body tensed automatically at the sudden touch by his sister, he continued to rock back and forth but it was only ever so slightly now. He shook his head quickly as Annika tried to reassure him that they were safe.

He fiddled with his fingers scratching at his skin continuing to shake his head " Don't want to..." He mumbled shaking off his sisters arm Lucas stood up and walked over to the door looking through the peephole he hummed to himself softly running a hand through his hair. He clicked his fingers together as he worked his way across the room looking at everything that could be dangerous even though he had already checked them a few minutes before.

" Not tired..at all...your tired though. I can see it yeah" Lucas mumbled away as he moved to the window his fingers running along the glass lightly checking for any bumps or scratches.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:20 am

"You are tired. You've been tired for weeks. We're safe."
Annika had started to go past the point of trying to be reassuring. She was annoyed, irritated, and she just wanted a decent night's sleep. They were safe and she knew it. Nonetheless, she got up.

"I'll put a chair in front of the door. Just in case."
And she did, dragging the chair from the fold-out table to the door and resting the back against the handle. Maybe that'd make him feel better.
"Alright?"

She went back to her bed, flopping down and beginning to undress under the covers. The bed was cold and the sheets scratchy, but it was better than nothing.

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:33 am

Lucas turned his head slightly and watched as Annika took a chair and blocked the door handle. Nobody could turn it so nobody could get in. He shook his head again as she said that he had been tired for weeks, that part was true Licas had barely slept since they had been running a few hours at the most and that was in a week. Tiredness did tend to affect his belief that someone was going to get them, it made him worry more than usuall and caused him to talk to himself more as a way of reassurance.

Lucas nodded quickly and watched as Annika got into the bed, he gave a last look around the room and walked over to the bed peeling back the covers he got into the bed. As soon as his head hit the pillow he was gone.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:17 am

Annika peered at her brother out of one eye, making sure he was really asleep before she got up. She quickly washed her face and brushed her teeth before returning to her bed and slipping between the sheets. Like her brother, she too falls asleep within seconds.

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:48 am

It began like any other dream, a blackened haze that slowly faded into images. Lucas was ten and eating his breakfast if you could call it that, a bowl of milk an a slice of mouldy bread. He was just about to finish when he was punched in the head with a glass of water. Lucas fell to the floor and scurried away but he was dragged back and beaten. He didn't know what he had done everything he did seem to have bad consequences. The dream got worse and cause Lucas to wake up suddenly gasping for breath and thinking he was in trouble.

Throwing the covers off Lucas moaned loudly his hands on his head tugging at his hair " no..no no.." He mumbled pacing back and forth quickly " no sleep...not any more" he hummed loudly his eyes darting around.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Annika had fallen into complete oblivion, not even dreaming. So it was with a horrible wrenching feeling that she woke up, peering puffy-eyed at her pacing brother. She sat up slightly, resting on her elbows.
"Lucas..."

She didn't even know what to say, because there was nothing she could do. However many times she told him to go back to sleep he'd still wake up from nightmares. It wasn't like he was a little kid any more and she could just put her hands over his ears and rock him to sleep...

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Lucas jumped out of his skin when Annika said his name. He had forgotten where he was, he stopped pacing and looked at her tears pooling in his eyes. Shaking his head he sat down on the floor his knees to his chest rocking back and forth.

He rubbed his eyes a few times trying to rub the horrid images out of his mind. But it never worked, he scratched his hands and continued to rock back and forth humming softly. When would it end, when would it end?

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:34 pm

"Come here."
She said it softly, jerking her head to beckon him over. It was partly selfish, as she was nice and warm and didn't really want to get out of bed. As well as that she was terribly tired.

She gave him a gentle smile, trying to assure him it was alright, and that she wasn't angry or anything. Because she wasn't. She was scared. Scared for him, scared for herself. But mostly for him.

FantasyWreck
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!