Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

The Search for a Roleplay Partner

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Search for a Roleplay Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the Engineer on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:27 pm

- the Engineer -

Why hello there, everyone. I am the Engineer, and I am brand new here. Therefore, I'm in search for one, two, three, or maybe more roleplay partners. Yes, I prefer to roleplay one on one. There are fewer variables that could cause a roleplay to suddenly shut down after the first month. Unfortunately, this happens still... sometimes... yet, I find private roleplays as a whole to be much more enjoyable and easier to keep on track.

Be warned! I like to talk with my roleplay partners, just a little bit. Some casual conversation to the side makes things feel... Well, what's the word? More friendly, less automated and static. It's more fun when it - feels - like you're chatting with a friend, or making a friend. I've made a lot of friends through the many years that I have roleplayed, and let's hope you're next! Haha, after all we're all here because roleplaying is what we enjoy. :)

Furthermore... Let me cover the FAQ:

- I will roleplay as either a male or female character
- I prefer roleplaying with users who are 18+
- I will respond, usually, at least once a day
- Team Edward, obviously
- Sometimes my humor is really dry and sarcastic
- It's great to be a 'Belieber!!'
- Some is sarcasm, some isn't
- Just FYI, I find the 'Selfie' song really catchy
- That's not sarcasm
- That's probably not sarcasm
- I can match any post length. My normal posts range from 3 to 5 paragraphs, if not more.

I like how supportive this website is. "Good work! Now just make sure that you've checked spelling and grammar, and proofread at least once - then hit the submit button below." -- From our friends at RPG

That's one of my faults, I'm not a big proofreader. :P

Anyway! If you're interested in doing a roleplay, message me up! I'm open to any idea, with any genre, as long as we can brainstorm a bit together! Oh, and I'd prefer if you send me a PM rather than posting here on the forums. Simply because I'll probably check my inbox much more efficiently.

- the Engineer -

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

the Engineer
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: The Search for a Roleplay Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the Engineer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:15 am

Alright, well, I had a brief moment of confusion. As it turns out, I need to reach a threshold of about 10 forum posts before I can respond/send private messages. Whoops. That's something I should have checked into before asking for PM's, I suppose! Haha.

I don't plan on spamming the forums to reach that threshold, but I do plan to hit it by tomorrow. While I'm posting, I just want to let divinedarkness know that yes, I got your message, and yes, I'd certainly be interested in a roleplay with you. Please excuse me if it takes a little while to get back to you through PM's. I will do so as soon as the reply button stops being shy.

Anyone else, feel free to post here or send me a PM. If you PM me, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

- the Engineer -

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

the Engineer
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UndisclosedSecret on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:49 am

Hey there! I'm brand new here too, and would love to set up a 1x1 with you. I'm in the process of getting my 10 forum posts now, so I'll probably PM you as soon as I have or something.

I'm up for almost any genre, and would probably like to discuss things with you further to decide on anything specific. I'm happy to play male or female, am 18, and could reply once a day easily. Let me know if you want to set something up. :)

UndisclosedSecret
Member for 7 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:49 am

Hello! It's so nice to see new members pulling together and getting out there to rp! I'd like to take a moment just to share a helpful hint, having read both your posts. There is a sub-forum, called "Forum Games" on the Main Lobby page. There's tons of different random games on there, "Typing with your Elbows", "What's your favorite song", that kind of stuff, that is fun, and also helps you gain your ten post minimum for the PM system, without having to spam! ^.^ Have fun, and best of luck to you both!

CrystalRose
RolePlayGateway Global Moderator
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

CrystalRose
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the Engineer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey, nice to hear from both of you! I'll send you a message as soon as possible, UndisclosedSecret, and I look forward to coming up with roleplay ideas!

Also, thank you CrystalRose! I'll be sure to take a look at that sub forum!

the Engineer
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the Engineer on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:15 pm

I can now send Private Messages.

As of right now, I'm roleplay partner-less. Anyone feel free to hit me up with a message when you get the chance.

the Engineer
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucreziaNoin on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 am

Hi The Engineer!

I'm new on this site, and I'd love to roleplay Gundam Wing if you know it, send me a message and let me know what you think. could be GW characters in another setting, if you're not into war and political business, think more like...the world as in the fallout games, or the walking dead, danger constantly around the corner, living day to day... could be cool! :) anyway let me know what you think.
x Lucrezia ;)

LucreziaNoin
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!