Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Seven Day War

The Seven Day War

a part of “The Seven Day War”, a fictional universe by Wheatley.

When a war rages against the Virelian on the continent of Zerin, a coastal city is suddenly swept up into battle, and forced to fight for their lives. [Roleplayers Needed!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Seven Day War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Seven Day War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 am

Sorry, Final :( No offense was intended. I assumed you meant that English was a second language or something. It was meant to be more of a poke at myself for over-complication than anything. So, sorry.

I'll try and take more care with 'this' and 'that' instead.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 am

When I should be feeding a dozen obnoxious horses I find myself reading this ooc thread on my phone instead. (horses will be fine, they're running around in the sun and don't want to come in anyway. Of course as soon as I say that they start crowding the gate. This will be brief.)

I'm less concerned with the Virelians technology and more concerned with what their weaknesses are. I'm sure Wheatley will want us to figure that out, which I think will be fun! The only reason why I bring up a weakness is I'm kind of hoping that their weakness will allow us to gain the upper hand no matter their technology. Still, it would help if their weapons weren't as high tech...I don't know, figured I'd throw out the possibility of a weakness before starting to RP already knowing your character is most likely dead. Not sure if any of that made sense and the phone is making it rather difficult for me to see what I have typed so I'm going to...stop talking now haha.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mavz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 am

it's fine friend. :)

glowing green eyes is a good weakness... Also we'll have to find out how they'll put out the fires(torches and all)...
Last edited by TheFinalOne on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

I mean...glowing green eyes really isn't a weakness. Sure it lets us know who they are but it won't give us an upper hand in battle. I'm pretty sure we are going to notice them anyway as they will be attacking us.

Mavz
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Their secret weakness isn't too difficult. The opening post describes them as an 'underground society' for whom 'the sun is a burden to their eyes'. So, we go to the Cogsmen and ask for flash grenades, and we go to the magi and ask for the same thing but with magic. Sure, they can wear visors to guard their eyes. It's also a tactic likely to become useless if overused. But if bright light is such a problem for them, well, we can always attack in broad daylight :D

You can see I've been thinking about this too much.

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 pm

I highly doubt the engineers will be able to make flash bangs, since on earth they weren't invented until the mid 1960's

In fact all types of grenades could be quick difficult for a steampunky kinda world.
"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story."
-Orson Welles

Zentose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Zentose wrote:I highly doubt the engineers will be able to make flash bangs, since on earth they weren't invented until the mid 1960's

In fact all types of grenades could be quick difficult for a steampunky kinda world.

Actually the British invented them in the late 1700's. A glass orb with a fuse packed with shrapnel. They would light it and throw it down on an enemy ship where it would explode. Steampunk has a ton of cool tech, I would recommend watching the new Musketeer movie to get an idea of what they had. Granted it's an awful storyline but the technology is super neat.
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 pm

@Everyone regarding technology

I've decided the Virelian should have a mix of pre-WWI technologies and steampunk-era technologies. Thus I gotta go edit/tweak the front page a little; just to tone down the "centrues ahead" bit.

@Sparkle - Interesting idea (About flash grenades). The problem in attacking in broad daylight is that they're not there. They've retreated back underground; away from the city. Of course your character can go after them but it's pretty illogical to go forward with attack from the daylight. Since everyone is tired from fighting the Virelian in the night, the morning is where everyone has to sleep, so it would be risky to try something like that. (Hooray battle induced insonmia!)

Wheatley
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Well, that...

OH GOD MUSTARD GAS. WE'RE ALL DOOMED.
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 pm

*Dies*

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:02 pm

150+ post in OOC... 1 empty post in IC...

hey wheatley, dont we have have enough charcters?
I have my Mid-sem on 22nd of this month, so I maynot be able to post on 20 and 21st.
Also i'm going to college now so if you do pm me the first post, i wont be able to post it till about 3 in the afternoon here.
(UTC +5.30)

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 pm

It would be good if I remembered what was written on the front page before saying anything, wouldn't it? I should probably read it again as it's been edited since the last I saw it. Go me :P

As for the technology of the Virelians I feel a bit more confident in our survival. I'll try to keep my characters alive but I won't be too upset if one of them ended up shot to pieces. In any case, I anxiously await the 'opening' of the RP and can't wait to get to know my characters better (before I kill one or both) as well as everyone else's. There are some characters that I'm most excited to meet, though I'm sure Creighton won't be too excited about meeting the pirate turned beggar.

Mavz
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:49 pm

The problem with starting now is that we still don't have a King, a Prince (although we could do without this one), or heads of the Adventurers Guild and the Circle of Cogs, there are too many major players that are missing...

Zentose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 am

Well, I'd be happy to take on the King as well but I'm not sure that would be fair. Part of the problem is that there are a lot of PCs in this. I have some reservations as to whether it will get off the ground with so many parts (and thus so many potential drop-outs) but I also shall cross my fingers and have hope!

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm

With a greater risk comes a greater reward :D

Zentose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:28 pm

@eden yea... sounds perfect :P

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Seriously, a spambo- Wait, not a spambot? Okay, just a spammer then. I don't want what you're selling.

On topic, though, we still need the duke? I could duke it out, hur hur.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:52 pm

We have a duke and the only thing we really need are probably some of the guild leaders at most; everyone else can be said to have just been away or died.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:28 pm

That or we could treat them as NPCs. We could mention the leaders in our posts in a way that would defend an action a character was doing. For instance, if my character were to do something and she/he were part of the circle of cogs I could mention that the leader of the cogs ordered him/her to do whatever he's doing. I don't know, but I think we can get away with just vaguely playing the NPCs until they get filled. It's been a week now of this board being up, I don't know if we're going to get new people or not.

Mavz
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Needed:

King(he died is a better story. How will the Queen handle her kingdom? No king, no heir = Political NIGHTMARE)

Master mechanic.(he died is a better story. died creating a massive cannon in the capital. rumoured to be complete. Who will get it? or worse, is it in virelian hands??)

zealous overture(he died is a better story. Died delivering the letter carrying info on virelian's weakness. last known location is near the capital. Who will risk their life to go there???)

temple has just one member and cogs dont have 4 of the 5 top people. so... 360Tan, I think sarah should get herself promoted. :)

Mavz's idea is pretty good too.. even i already mentioned it. Damn it Mavz. If wheatley agrees to what u just said, the beggarpirate is going to murder Creighton' ass. lol

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!