Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Society of a Slayers

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Society of a Slayers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darksabre on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:28 am

The blade swung towards her torso, and Dark immidiately responded, her lips set into a thin grimace of a line. She was not in the mood to do anything but kill the insolent Slayer in front of her. Impossibly fast, her blade switched hands and swung up to intersect with the Slayer's blade. The harsh cry of steel meeting steel rang through the alleyway and Dark was hard pressed to supress the frown that painted itself across her features. That sound, though lovely and dischordant all at once was prone to give her a headache if it repeated itself more than twice.

Dark hated getting headaches. Her peceptions dulled and her reflexes were shot once that throbbing pain tookl up residence in her skull. But, luckily for her, violence always seemed to sooth the pain away. Like a kiss on a booboo by a child's mother, violence and death and blood put Dark at ease. She let her sword stay where it was, pushing back ever so slightly on the Slayer's own blade. She wouldn't do him the dishonor of breaking his weapon just yet. He, though brash and crude, deserved at least some respect for coming straight at her in the middle of the night.

"Kind child, do not fool yourself into thinking that I am an ordinary vampire."

Dark suddenly stopped pushing against the man's blade and drew back, her shadowy tendrils of darkness building and her crimson eyes glowing like embers of a forgotten fire.

"I must impress upon you the fact that I am wholly unlike any you've ever met."

With that, Dark's corpeal form vanished into mist, but harsh laughter could be heard throughout the alleyway. Sure, the man deserved respect, but Dark did love to play with her food. No matter how dangerous the playing could become. Even in a mist-like form, Dark could grin, and moonlight gleamed off of the fractured image of her mouth, floating somewhere high up the alleyway's wall, her fangs fully elongated and practically dripping with saliva. She wanted blood.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darksabre
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Ic: Riker

Noting that she didn't just vanish, Riker calmed himself. "You're no ordinary vampire? You're not very original..." He said aloud. He wasn't truly afraid right now, never was, that wasn't his style. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a lighter and cigarette. "These things have a bigger chance of killing me than you do darling." He said lifting the cigarette to his mouth, then lighting it.

Riker wasn't like everyother slayer. It was almost uncanny what he could accomplish. His own skill was a mystery to him, but he knew how to use it. The ability to sense vampires, was a true skill. So noting this, he could sense her still. He felt she was becoming savage, his very blood was her target. "Hungry eh?" He could almost feel her breath upon him. This is when he acted.

Tossing the brand new Zippo into the air, he sliced it in half with his blade, causing lighter fluid to splash into the mist. Smiling, he tossed his cigarette into the fluid. Knowing what was about to happen, he side rolled to the left, as the fluid ignited the mist. Riker watched, still on the defensive, as the mist was ablaze, he waited for a counter attack of sorts.
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Visda on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Isabell started and almost tripped over herself as she swung around to see the man who had sneaked up on her in her moment of idiocy. She shook her head as he spoke. "I don't know what you are talking about, I didn't do anything and I don't know anyone!" she wrapped her arms around herself and took a couple steps away from him. "I don't have a clue as to where he is. I met him tonight at the club. All I know is his name and that he was cute." She glanced around, hoping that train would hurry. She really didn't want to be trapped in a train station with this guy. "Just what I need.. a crazy guy, most likely with a gun, in an empty train station in the middle of the night... Why didn't I just go home?" She licked her lip nervously. Isabell could almost ignore the ache of her leg and the stickiness that had begun to drip again down her leg with the fact that she was facing someone who would probably put another bullet a lot higher up if her answers didn't please him before the train arrived. "Come on.. be on time.. only another minute.."

Visda
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Kurt looked at with a grin, showing his teeth to her "Well, it would hurt me to slash such a pretty women, and letting you go hungry after spilling your guts. Look, as long as you don't kill anyone other than vampires, I have no real problem." He pulled out canteen. "Here, straight from the blood bank, this should do just fine. Just remember, no one but vampires. Look, your trains here." He stepped on and sat down, he didn't feel like walking home, he was too hungry, and he just gave his up.
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:06 pm

Ic: Virgil

Virgil had quietly slipped into the trainstation. The trains, were a tad bit busier right now. It was the wee hours of the morning, so mostly city workers were on their commute to work. Virgil sighed heavily and thought, "No morning snack...oh well...thank goodness for the little meal I had earlier."

He had no idea where he would go, seeing as he was still new to NYC, and his funds were still being transferred from his foreign account, so it would be a few days. "Nothing I can't handle." He thought about his situation. The train was beginning to fill up, slowly but surely, there was only about three seats left now. It was about 4:30 am.

The train pulled into the station slowly. The next wave of people were going to be coming soon. Who he saw come on the train, well, it was surprising indeed. "Isabell, and the slayer...hmmha." He wasn't worried. He could simply kill the fool if he tried anything. Hell, he could kill the entirety of the train if he wanted to. But that would just be unfair to any other vampire in this region, he was all about preservation of his race, and they needed to feed as well. He simply sat there. The jon of the slayers was to defend human life. If this one tried anything, he would bring about, the death of all the lives on this train, along with the slayers own

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Visda on Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:45 am

Isabell shook her head at his offering, not wanting to trust whatever he was giving her. She wasn't willing to risk it. "I don't kill.. I don't try to.." she whined. "I've only killed once.. when it first hit me.." she shuddered at the memory. She saw him enter the train she was waiting for and hesitated before getting on, not wanting to be trapped in the small area with him. She shook her head and followed him, she was tired and wanted to get home without further mishap and the next train wouldn't be for another half hour at least. She glanced around for a seat and chose to go as far away from the crazy guy as possible. Isabell sat and smoothed her skirt down, trying to look as innocent and harmless as possible. Of course, it kicked on her natural reflex of sending out the power of her charm. She really did not have much control over it.

Visda
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darksabre on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:36 am

...Oooooh....Fire....

Dark solidified her body as the maelstrom of heat and flame consumed the area around her. Her presence retracted itself from the shadows, becoming corpeal once again. She materialized off to the right, shielding her body from the scorching fire by hunkering down behind a trashcan. No, she was not cowering, she was taking cover. There was a diference, you know. If she had been cowering she'd be shaking from fear instead of excitement. Her body sang with some sort of primal energy rush as the flames slowly lost their source of energy. The brilliant white light of the fire had caused spots to dance across her plane of sight, andthe neon blue after-images still clouded her vision.

Not like any self-respecting vampire actually needed sight to hunt, though. Dark prided herself on finsing new and better ways to hunt and kill, especially when it seemed the cards were stacked against her. Who needed sight anyway?

Dark closed her crimson eyes and concentrated, ignoring the ever-persistant blue spots that still danced across her eyes. She extended her power through the shadow around her, using her previous knowledge of the area and the few things that the shadows told her in order to map out her surroundings. The lack of shadows in certain areas, coupled with the facts that the non-shadow areas were constantly moving led Dark to the conclusion that some of the garbage had caught aflame. There was a constant no-shadow zone just outside the alleyway-streetlamp. There was a human-shaped shadow-within-a-shadow that must be the Slayer. Dark rummaged about in the trash pressing her rather scantily-clad back to the trash recepticle as she did so. Stability was key when it came to throwing things. Her hands found a metallic shard. That'd work. It was sharp too. Glass would've worked a bit better, just because there would've been more of it...but metal worked just fine. Dark checked the shadow-form again, just to be sure that the man hadn't moved and flung the shard with every bit of strength that a vampire possessed. But Dark didn't press the attack, instead she waited from behind her trash can. Waiting took as much energy as attacking, and Dark would never be the sort of person to waste any sort of effort.

And when playing a game, it's always good to try and stay a few steps ahead of the other player. So Dark would sit. And think. And wait.

Darksabre
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:56 pm

He watched as she formed again. "I thought so..." He mumbled to himself. He knew she wouldn't run, yet. He felt that this one was a fighter. As she sat there, almost hiding behind that trashcan, he couldn't help but wonder what in the hell he was doing. "You know, thats a horrible sheild." He said in a cocky tone. She seemed to close her eyes, but turn her head towards him. He raised an eyebrow, the light was hurting her eyes he supposed. He looked around at the blaze. The fire had slightly spread. Hopefully it didn't get worse, otherwise this fight would be cut short. As he thought that, his periphial vision had caught a quick movement by the vampire. His eyes widened as he saw a shard of metal rushing his way. He put his blade up vertically, very quickly. It deflected the attack away from a direct hit, but it sliced his cheek open. As the blood began to pour out of his cheek, he looked at her. "When I said you were feisty...I guess that was an understatement, eh?" He said putting a hand on his cheek. He wiped a little bit of the blood off of his face, but it was pointless, it continued to bleed. He stuck his tongue out, and licked some of the blood that fell. "Heh, turning you on bloodsucker? Honestly, this tastes horrible." He said.

He was now ready to go on the attack. He stuck his blade on a flaming piece of garbage that was in the alleyway. He then flung it towards her body. He pressed the attack, and ran after it, he pulled back, and prepared a slash that would cut the woman in half. He wanted her dead, and he wanted it quickly. In the background, you could hear fire engines approaching, their time was being cut short, this had the possibility of getting quite interesting.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:48 pm

Kurt sat quietly, reading a copy of Neon Genesis Evangelion, he was sad the gril didn't want his offer, he doubted that she would kill, but it left her a target on his hitlist of New York. He looked up from the rantings of Asuka to see the girl walking very far away. He attention was shorly turned to a man getting on, the man who tricked him. Kurt walked up calmly, standing next to him, passing the girl, making her jump a little. He held his book infrount of his face. Quietly he spoke "You know, if you could go without killing, like I have-" He grinned to show his teeth to the vampire "this wouldn't be a problem. Well, I'm out of my league in the middle of people, you win for now. I'll see you some time, some day." He went back past the girl again to sit where he was, but his seat was filled, so he settled for standing.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Visda on Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:39 pm

Isabell watched as the crazy slayer man got up and started walking toward her. She grew more and more nervous though she was sure that he wouldn't do anything in the crowded train car. When he continued walking past her, she released the nervous breath she had been holding but continued to watch as he walked up the train car. When he stopped, she noticed the vampire from earlier in the club sitting there. She allowed herself a small breath of relief and a small smile. With such a bigger target in the train, she was almost guaranteed safe passage. Unless she underestimated the man's ego. "Really.. slayers.. bigger egos then their weaponry.. always wanting to go after the biggest baddest vamp possible when they could so much easier take out the younger less experienced.. Thats what I would do." she thought to herself as she watched them interact. She found the thought more and more funny as she sat and came up with the imagery to go along with it. She stifled a small giggle as the slayer walked back the other way. Isabell didn't know if it was the lack of sleep, blood, or other food that was making her a little giddy. Of course, adding on the bloody wound on her leg and the couple of drinks she had earlier probably wasn't helping the situation much. "So much for having a chance to hunt with one of the big boys.."

Isabell stood a little shaky as the train lurched to a stop at her exit. She gave a last glance at the vampire and the slayer and stepped off the train. She was nearly home, another block to go then she'd be safely tucked behind closed doors and not have to worry about slayers or anything else. It would be a good thing. Then at least she could get a real bandage on her leg and make sure that it was disinfected. "Darn.. if the night had gone differently.. " she thought, thinking back on the dance with the vampire. "I wouldn't mind taking him home.. at least just for the day.. especially if we had gotten a chance to hunt and he could show me how it was really done. All well."

Visda
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:39 pm

He sat there, unphased by the Slayers words. But when he suddenly showed Virgil his fangs. Virgil almost impaled the man right then and there. If it's one thing he hated, it was a traitor. It was one thing to ward off the hunger when you're a half breed, but it was a totally different story when one would turn agaisnt their race, against their own power. Virgil crossed his arms, and put his right leg over his left one. He closed his eyes as the man walked away. He had to calm himself down. "Insolent half-breed...." He had calmed himself down a little bit. The smell of dried blood filled his nose. He knew that Isabell was on the move. He looked up as she looked back at him. He smiled and winked at her. "Perhaps next time..." He thought. He had hoped to find a nice warm bed, or sofa for the day. His chances went out the window when the slayer appeared in the club earlier.

Now, he was going to roam the subway system, perhaps for a few kicks. He stepped off the train. The station was the emptiest one. As the train pulled away, he jumped down onto the track. "Now which rail was it? The third?" He picked up a rather fat rat that had crawled onto his briefcase. He dropped it onto the third rail and watched as it was fried. "Thought so." He began walking into the tunnel of the subway. Figuring sleep wasn't an option, he would stir up trouble, perhaps make a few scares, and if he was lucky, maybe even a meal.

He had been walking through the tunnel for about a half hour. A train was coming. "Hm...why not?" He thought as a smile came to his face. He stepped onto the track, being wary of the third rail at all times, and began to walk along it. The train began to honk once it saw him. He pretended not to hear the blaring honk from the train. The train was too close to slow down, and thats what Virgil had planned. He was just strolling, with his head down. And as if time slowed, Virgil tapped into his power. His speed was something uncanny. The Train was a mere inch away from his face when he jumped onto the front. He moved so fast, the train seemed to be going slow. He waved to the man driving the train, who looked horrified. He then teleported inside, and the man fell to his butt. "You hit me! How could you do such a thing!" Virgil shouted, in a mock rage. He pulled his arm back, and swung at him, Teleporting away before he hit him, he teleported back to the train track, laughing as he heard the mans scream before he teleported. "Ah...that was fun." He said aloud. He began to walk the tracks again, he would probably keep this up all day, just for kicks though, hell, he had nothing else to do.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:44 pm

Kurt walked off the train, he was losing it. He wondered why this man that got away pissed him off so much, then remembering why he wanted hunt for Vampires. The dying words of his cusin "You'll always be a nothing in this family.... If it wasn't for you... for your parents having you.... they knew how much my father hated them.... how far he would go.........Killing your own has sealed your fate" Why did he continue, he wasn't human, he wasn't vampire. His family is all dead, vampire and human all the same.
and again he thought Why the hell am I even thinking of all of this? He stopped, all this thinking is dangerous. He walked out of the station, the sunlight burning his eyes. "Well, I can't find anyone to kill on an empty stomach." He went to the hospital, looking through the blood storage. He took only ones they had more than 5 pints of. He laughed, the majority of them were his rare blood type. He stuffed them in a cooler, and took them with him out the window. I need to learn that teleport trick He found a burger shop, paying for several burgers, and fries. He ate them in an ally, drinking the blood down. He dumped the cooler into a dumpster, under a body with several stab wounds, and all the trash, perfect cover, even as distrubing as is. He read his manga book, waiting for night, and the things that creep out into the streets to feed.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darksabre on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:38 am

Flickering non-shadow was lifted and chucked at her. Dark dove forward, pressing her entire front to th ground to avoid getting burned. Sure, she'd probably heal up pretty fast, but still. Burning never really felt all that good. What struck her next was the alluring scent of blood. It was getting closer. She must've struck the Slayer with that metal shard when she had thrown it. Odd, she was sure that he'd have better reflexes than that. Dark rolled onto her back and flipped herself to her feet, just as the Slayer closed the distance between the two of them.

"Crap."

A short, succint statement that about summed up Dark's current problems. If she was going to block, or get away she needed some of her vampiric speed again. But the man was swinging to fast for her to do much other than block. With what however? Should Dark really give this man the benifit of striking her and drawing blood? Well, she had thought to long and the desicion was really made up for her. Metal met flesh, but didn't pass through. The blade had bit harshly into Dark's right arm, going so far as to touch bone. It didn't hurt in the slightest, though it was a bit uncomfortable. What had stopped the blade, however was a combination of her shadowy familars and the fact that Dark had reached across her own body to grab a hold of the blade with her left hand. Her blood ran down the blade, and from behind the broken flesh and blood, crimson eyes glowed angrily.

To say Dark was pissed would be an understatement.

Her blood was staining the ground with crimson drops.

He was barely injured.

"I would run far away from here right now Slayer. You do not wish to continue this fight, lest the whole town be flattened. You have been warned. The choice, however is yours," Dark hissed lowly, her teeth clenched together.

Darksabre
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Visda on Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:45 am

Isabell made it to her apartment without further mishap and released a breath in relief. She had just been expecting something, anything, just to top this night off. Anyhow, she unlocked it and quickly scooted inside before locking it again. "I'm not being paranoid.. just safe..." she thought. First stop was the bathroom to shower and clean her leg thoroughly to make sure that it would not get infected. It stuck like the devil as she poured peroxide onto the open wound and it bubbled up. She hissed through her teeth and padded it dry and rinsed it with water again. A good glop of neosporin was smeared across it and a pad pressed against it with one hand while the other wrapped around her leg with gauze to hold the pad in place. It worked. She felt a little better after the shower and after getting her leg cleaned up. Second stop was the kitchen. No blood tonight, but she could at least make herself a bowl of cereal and some juice. It satisfied some of the urge. She rinsed the dishes, put them on the rack, and stumbled her way to her bedroom. Her eyelids were growing rather heavy at this point. Isabell pulled back the covers, slid into her bed and as soon as her head hit the pillow, she was sound asleep for the day.

Visda
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:37 pm

He held the blade firmly in his hand. He noticed that if anything, he made the vampire wince in anger, not pain. He threat, well, to Riker, he'd rather see if she could act on it. Holding the blade in place, he spoke, "Whats the matter? You no like what I do to you?" He said like a little kid, only to mock her. "I won't run at all. The sun is already poking over the the tall buildings darling. It's only a matter of time now. If anyone, you should run. Although that may be quite hard with my blade in your arm...hah." With his free hand, he pressed the blade into her harder, and started a slow cutting motion, to scar or cut her bone. He was going to hold her here, if he could.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darksabre on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:33 am

"Then the decision has been made, mortal."

Dark's eyes narrowed further.

"Now the only question is...can you live with the consequences?"

Dark's blood began to draw itself back up the blade, slowly seeping upwards and back into her body. The blade, though struggling to slice completely through her arm, was forced backwards. Blood fell upwards from the ground to merge back into Dark's body as her eyes shifted from angry to a mischievious sort of pleased. She was going to show this Slayer exactly why no one messed with the vampire called Dark. The blade, still struggling to bite at her skin once again was now a good two centimeters or so away from her skin, held there by smokey black tendrils that ebbed and flowed with what could be considered the heartbeat of the vampire, if she had still possessed one. There was a grin on the woman's face. The same grin a cat would wear as it cornered a mouse, if cats could even grin. Dark could feel the sun rising and already she felt the tiniest bit tired, but there was more than enough time to rid herself of this Slayer before she went to bed. The wail of the fire engines was loud and closer still as the vampire de-materialized her body into mist.

"Until the sun hides it's face once again, Slayer."

And with that Dark was gone.

Darksabre
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:59 pm

The vampire disappeared and Jim walked over to Riker, "well, looks like you had some fun with that. I'll remember to help next time." Jim turned around and headed back to the car, "Lets head back, i haven't eaten for like a day now, i could eat a cow, no two, NO THREE!"
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:51 pm

Kurt slept for a few hours during the day, but hated every minute off it. He hated sleeping, it was watsed time. The sun was setting, and that could mean only one thing, time to hunt. He kept a sack of blood on ice in his coat, and went his way around town looking for all vampires he could. He knew that fighting Virgil would be hard, just by the fact he can teleport. If only he had that power, the things he'd do. He wore club close under his coat tonight, he had to fit in when he was tracking down the bloodsucking monsters. Book in hand, he walked down the now dark streets, hoping to find someone....

Walter Barrecks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Visda on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:10 am

Isabell relaxed during the day, sleeping most of the rest of the morning and afternoon. When evening rolled around, she grabbed breakfast and took a quick shower, checking her leg wound and bandaging it in fresh gauze. Dressing in her business attire, she chose pants to cover the bandage instead of her normal skirts. She packed her lunch for her break tonight and headed down to the train station to head to work. She was hoping and yet not, to see the vampire again. Part of her wanted to go hunting, to know what it would have been like to be born a vampire instead of a half breed. Of course, the other part of her was telling her to be sensible and keep her head down and hidden, to do so would be to stay alive and out of trouble. It wasn't as much fun but it would keep her alive. She decided and tried to stay inconspicuous as she made her way to work as most were on their way home.

Visda
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:51 pm

"Yea, I could use a bite after that. She was something else." He said to Jim. "Hey, you should have helped! Ha!" He said in a more of a joking tone. He sheathed his sword, and made way for the car. "Next time, I'm brining my bitch." He pointed to his street sweeper in the back of the car. He started up the car, and made way for the first restaurant he could find.

After all day of playing on the trains, Virgil was finally happy to know it was night time. As he came to a stop, the scent of a healing wound filled his nose. He looked around. Perhaps it would have been an easy meal for him. He looked to and fro. Finally his eyes rested on a familiar face "Isabell." He said to himself. He teleported right behind her and tapped her shoulder. "Hello, Isabell." He said. His accent was always formal. Without the need to see it, he knew she didn't heal up fully. "It would appear your wound didn't quite heal. If you would like, I could help it heal quite fast for you."

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.