Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism »

Players Wanted: Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! »

The Split

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Split

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:49 pm

What happens when a family goes into a divorce and the family is split in two? Now two parents are in conflict with each other as to who is to take care of the pairs 16 year old son, who is Autistic and is struggling to understand why his parents no longer want to be together and why everything he holds dear to him is changing.

I am looking for someone to play the parent in the situation as well as other returning characters, I will be playing the autistic son so I will put up my bio first as well as the first post introducing the characters moving into the new house and whoever posts after is going to be the parent. So let's get cracking!

Name: Alistair Wilson
Personality: Ali is hard to explain, he doesn't show that much emotion because he doesn't understand it himself, he doesn't understand a lot of things and gets frustrated easily because he doesn't understand. He has trouble understanding humor and takes a while to get a joke. He can't stand to be by anybody showing anger in fears he will be hit or blamed for something he didn't do. Plus he doesn't like the noise.
Drawing
Painting
Building ( lego sets, wooden sculptures etc)
Reading ( mainly fantasy books and novels)
Collecting things ( film memorabilia, at the moment it's harry potter and the hobbit)
Dislikes:
People making fun of him
Unwanted physical contact ( being hit, pushed and pulled)
Loud noises ( shouting and screaming)
Things going wrong in his routine
Items out of place

Quirks/habits : Ali taps and clicks his fingers randomly, he does it often when he is thinking about something that is worrying. He hums when he feels unsafe in a situation, and often grabs his head to protect himself from an unseen force. He had to keep to a routine, one that keeps him safe in this strange and confusing world. He speaks in sharp bursts often pausing halfway in sentences to think about something.

( let's get started)

Ali sat in the car his music is his ears, soothing his already worried mind. He didn't want to move, he was fine at home his room was how he wanted everything had it's placed. Now he had to start all over again, at least he would get to paint his room how he wanted, he had made a large mural of the Hobbit books detailing Bilbo's journey with the dwarves and the wizard. Now everything was wrong.

Clicking his fingers he watched the movers as they took his belongings into the house and too his new room, he had restrained himself to a point where he couldn't take it no more. One of the movers had got out his long glass case with the sword of Godric Griffindor hanging in it. Of course it wasn't the actual sword but it was a beautiful replica and it was very expensive, the mover was holding it wrong and Ali could see the sword dangling. If it were to fall he would have to buy a new case and the sword would be damaged.

Getting out of the car he walked up to the mover who was talking " you have..to be careful with that...it's very expensive..." He trailed off clicking his fingers before carrying on " it has to be carried upright the way you're carrying it...it's going to fall and break.." He looked to the ground unable to look the man in the eye, he couldn't look anyone in the eye it was all part of his autism.

The man laughed loudly making Ali jumped, he put down the the case leaning it against the wall. He stepped close to Ali " who are you to tell me how to do my job? I don't see a boss badge pinned on your shirt. It'll get to your room no matter how I carry it" he began to walk away before Ali spoke again " but...you need to carry it upright...it's the only way..it says. " carry upright" although your not meant to pick it up it's meant to stay down" Ali rambled clicking his fingers quickly.

The mover approached Ali again giving him a push backwards " look kid, why don't you let me do my job and stop bothering me or I just might drop your precious sword" Ali hummed loudly gripping his head and shuffling his feet from side to side, putting his music back in his ears he turned away but the mover turned him back and pushed him again, pulling away his headphones." I am talking to you didn't your parents teach you anything? Are you stupid or something?" Ali hummed louder upset about being pushed and made fun of, spinning round he tried to find his parent, pulling his hair sharply try g to ignore the man shouting at him.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Re: The Split

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 pm

Name: Katy Miller
Personality: When Katy was younger, she was definitely the "Let's go party!" girl. You always saw her making out with Alistair's father, Mike, at some party that got shut down by the authorities around midnight. But, after Katy had Alistair, she matured instantly, and blossomed into that beautiful butterfly, but his father didn't, and now they're getting divorced after he promised her they'd "be together forever". It's heartbreaking, but, Katy knows it's the right thing to do.
-Drawing (Where Alistair gets it from)
-Dancing
-Laughing
Dislikes:
-Anything negative towards Alistair
-Mike
-Chocolate
Quirks/Habits:
- Biting nails when nervous
- Singing when she's emotional

Name: Mike Wilson
Personality: Partyer all the way. He was the jock, quarterback of the football team, and had the girl. Then, the girl got pregnant, and ruined his life. He didn't want to divorce Katy, but she'll always "have a place in his heart". Even though he's 27, he's still a kid, honestly. Katy thinks he still acts like one, so why shouldn't he?
- Women
- Beer
- Any Sport, really
- Katy
Dislikes:
- Not partying
- Being a Dad
- Marriage
Quirks/Habits:
- When honestly depressed/sad, he'll go to the gym.
- Whistling when nervous

Mike Wilson sighed, as he drove along the highway he's never been down, and pulled into the new house of his new ex-wife's and son's. He got out of the car, slamming the car door behind him. Mike wore a button-down shirt, with the buttons un-buttoned all the way down to his chest, and some green cargo shorts, and brown flip-flops. His hair was kinda messy, but not in a cute way. He half-smiled as he saw his son go inside the house, following one of the movers, and went off to find Katy.

Katy Miller sighed as she saw Mike's car drive up. "What the hell, Mike.." She ducked inside, and heard the confrontation between her son and the moving guy. Katy walked over quickly to her nervous son, and pulled him away from the man. She looked down at him, and smiled lovingly as she always did to him. "Hey Ali. You're getting better at finding me. " She let a soft chuckle slip out, and kept on her smile. "Why don't we go to Mom's new room, and you can help me un-pack, alright?" Katy held her arm around the boy's shoulders, and squeezed slightly. "You're such a good boy." She ruffled his hair a little bit, and smiled, walking with him down the hall to her room.

Sometimes.. she wished she wasn't so stupid at 16, and gotten pregnant. But sometimes, she couldn't imagine it any other possible way than it was right then.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:45 am

Alistair squeaked In surprise when he was pulled in a random direct, his hands went to his head incase whoever it was was going to hurt him. When he saw it was his mom he relaxed.

" "Hey Ali. You're getting better at finding me. " Ali looked up at his mom, but he wasn't looking for her perhaps she had been looking for him. "Why don't we go to Mom's new room, and you can help me un-pack, alright? You're such a good boy." Katy held her arm around the boy's shoulders, and squeezed slightly. Ali nodded quickly his fingers clicking together " Okay, But what if they drop something and it breaks?....all my...canvas's and art.....It can't be broken....a-and I've got a lot of collectables too..."

He hummed quietly as the walked giving uncertain glances behind him watching the workers carry his things to his room. It then clicked that they were going to her room he stopped clicking his fingers " why you room? Why is dad here?" He asked pointing at his father.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 am

"Why is dad here?" Alistair's words echoed in her head.

"I-I don't know, son." She shook them out, and pointed him towards her room, and grabbed his shoulders. "Baby, I'm going to go see to it that the movers take extra care of your stuff, okay? You stay in here, and help me with mine." She smiled, walking back towards the movers, and yelled. "None of you are getting paid a penny, if anything is out of place, or broken!" The movers seemed to act more cautiously, and she smiled, proud. Then, she turned and was hit with alcohol breath. "Ughh.."

Mike chuckled, and had leaned in to kiss her, and was pushed away. "Aw, c'mon, Kat. You know you wanna."

"Get your filthy hands off of me, Mike! We're not married anymore." Katy argued.

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm

"Baby, I'm going to go see to it that the movers take extra care of your stuff, okay? You stay in here, and help me with mine."

Ali nodded quickly and put a headphone in one ear incase he was called although he wouldn't have noticed if someone called him or even shouted at him. He gave a glance back to his parents not really understanding why his dad was here. Ali thought that his dad didn't want anything to do with him or his mom.

He started to put away his moms clothes as best as he could even though some clothes were hanging off, leaving her underwear and any of her delicates for her to put away. He put other things away where they should go pushing her bed to the centre of the room and putting the bedside table next to it plugging in a lamp and resting it on the table.

Clicking his fingers he walked out of his moms room, looking around the house he still wasn't used to it. The fact that they had to move house and now Ali had to start a new school, new people, new teachers, new everything. Ali began to panic a little everything was changing and his brain started to buzz with the worry of something new and scary.

Ali moaned loudly tapping his hands and putting his hands on his head, walking up to his mom giving and uncomfortable look at his father. Shuffling his feet together he spoke " Can't...you guys just...say sorry? Dad why did you come?...if you...don't like mom anymore....then why are you here?" He asked tapping his hands together.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Katy slapped Mike hard across the face. "Sorry." She had, and went off to finish unpacking her things.

Mike had tried to kiss her, and rubbed his cheek, knowing he deserved that. He sighed, ruffling Ali's hair. "See ya when you're 18, buddy." He have a slight wave, and walked out. He couldn't believe he was a newly divorced man. He glanced at his ring, as he placed his hands on the steering wheel. Sighing, he drove away.

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:40 am

Ali jumped when his mom slapped his dad, mom stormed of into her room and dad walked off. Humming to himself he walked into the kitchen, knowing that when mom was upset she made herself a cup of tea, sorting through the boxes he pulled out a cup and a tea bag. He couldn't find the kettle and hot water was very dangerous and Ali was under coordinated at best.

Putting the tea bag in the cup he walked to his moms room, knocking on the door he walked up to his mom holding out the cup with the bag In. " Mom?... I made you some tea....can't find the kettle and...the hot water is dangerous" he smiled at her still holding out the cup, his gaze on the floor.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:02 am

Katy had cooled down by then and was sitting on her bed, twirling her ring on her finger, looking up as Ali entered. "Why thank you, Alistair. I feel better already." She smiled, and pecked his forehead, standing. "Do you want something to eat or drink?" She asked him, seeming the normal mom she's always been. "Yes, good job, hot water is dangerous.." She scratched her chin. "The kettle might not have been unpacked yet.." She answered, half answering him.

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Ali smiled as his mom thanked him for the tea, clapping his hands together softly he looked around the room looking back to his mother as she asked if he wanted something to eat or drink. Shaking his head he spoke " No.. Not hungry yet...can we have Mac and Cheese for dinner tonight?" He asked walking to the window and looking out at the garden outside.

He looked back to his mother and walked around her room clicking his fingers, he put his headphones in and walked into a room that was empty nothing had been put in there and his room was upstairs and this room was too small to be a living room. He could use it for painting and drawing so the smell of paints wouldn't bother him while he slept.

" Mom!" He began not realising he was shouting, not really hearing himself over the heavy metal music." What's this room for!?" He added walking around the room.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Katy watched him, and nodded. "Yes, baby. We can have Mac and Cheese. It's easy and simple." She smiled, and followed him into a room. She wasn't exactly sure what it was for, but it looked like a second, smaller living room.

"Well, Ali, you're yelling." She popped one of his headphones out, and crossed her arms, looking around the room. "I believe it's a second, small living room. "Why are you listening to that, Ali? You're going to give yourself a headache. " She frowned, and walked out, going to the kitchen to finish Ali's surprise of tea.

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Ali stepped away a little when one of his headphones was removed, he didn't realise that his mother had followed him into the room. His face was full of thought when she mentioned it was a second small living room, why have two living rooms? Did people not want to spend time together? Ali liked his alone time even though he spent a lot of time with his mother, he was always in his own little world filled with routine and the need for order.

" Two living rooms?...," Ali mumbled to himself spinning around three times, he walked out of the room and looked up and down the hallway walking through the house clicking his finger, weaving in and out of the movers bringing in the last of the items. He found the other living room, it was certainly bigger with a large window seat and a fireplace. Fire was hot. Humming to himself he looked at the light bulb above him his head tilting to the side.

He made his way to the hallway again, but he bumped into a strange man. Ali stumbled backwards and landed on his backside. "Sorry about that, here." A hand was thrusted towards him and Ali cried out in surprise getting up quickly he pushed past the stranger and went into the kitchen. He put his hands on his head, pulling his hair quickly he spoke " Man in the house,man in the house. Not dad, not dad" he paced the kitchen worried about the new person.

The male approached a warm smile on his face " sorry about the intrusion, Dan Harper, I live across the street. I bumped into your brother as I was coming in"

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Katy watched Ali scan the house, confused, but shook her head. "He's different.. just go with it." She sighed, and was making tea, when Ali entered the kitchen loudly, pulling his hair. "Baby, what are you-" She turned, and saw the handsome man. "Nice to meet you Dan, I'm Alistair's mother." She pointed to Alistair. "That wasn't his brother, or mine, that was his father, and my ex-husband." She smiled politely, holding out her hand for him to shake.

"So, what brings you across the street, Mr. Harper?"

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:26 am

Dan smiled and shook Katy's hand momentarily distracted by Alistairs behaviour, perhaps there was something wrong with him?

"Very nice to meet you too Katy, I suppose my curiosity got the better of me to find out who had moved in to the house opposite. Do forgive me for asking but is your son Allright?" He asked still watching Ali.

Ali shuffled his feet side to side, shifting his weight on either foot. His eyes closed tightly and his hand tapping together. " Standad contact....covers everything from incineration to your pay Mr Baggins......that would be a reference to Smaug the terrible......the great calamity of our age......furnace with wings....searing pain and poof you're nought but ash....well done Bofur" he mumbled quickly and quietly to himself it was a method of him calming himself uncomfortable with the situation as it was and now another stranger was here.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Katy smiled. She'd been asked that at least a million times, she was comfortable with answering it now. "He's autistic, Mr.Harper." She smiled warmly. "Well, we're glad to have you anytime." Katy then turned to Alistair.

She looked him in the eyes, as only she could. "Baby, why don't you go draw me something? You know how I like to get your pictures." She smiled, Katy had kept every single picture Alistair had ever drawn her. From as simple as a line on a paper, or a "Snake" as he called it, to his more recent, and graphic ones.

Katy pecked Alistair's head softly, and turned back to Dan. "So, what exactly are you curious about?"

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:49 am

Ali nodded quickly as his mother suggested he draw something, tapping his hands together he walked off. He found his sketch pad and pencils carrying them to the small living room he sat in the middle and began to draw. He used mainly black pencils and ever so often a very light brown one. He hummed to himself softly as he drew once he was finished about 20 minutes later he signed the bottom of it and walked back into the kitchen holding the drawing out to his mom, his gaze away from the stranger.

Dan nodded in response to his question about Ali he watched as he walked off tapping his hands together quickly. " Well how about a bit about yourself, how come you moved to the area? It's a nice place close to schools and a lovely town centre. Does Your son go to a special school. I can only imagine he can be a handful at times" he asked looking back as Ali came back in his mouth dropped at the picture, it was so detailed like it had been professionally drawn. " that's amazing!"

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:51 pm

"Ali, this is a downgrade compared to your last picture, isn't it?" Katy smirked at him. "But still good." She smiled, then turned back towards Dan. "Um, he's pretty well-behaved. Yes, he does attend a special school not too far from the park, and we moved here because it was really all I could afford after the divorce." She smirked at Dan now, and then smiled. "What do you do?"

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:27 am

Ali smiled at the praise from his mother even if she said that this sketch was a downgrade from his last picture. She was right of course he drew a dragon last time that was breathing fire, it was almost 3D.

Ali looked out of the window, his fingers traced the window ledge his eyes looking outside. He moved to the clear doors in the kitchen that led out to the garden. Stepping forward he bumped his head not realising the door was closed and it was glass door. Rubbing his head he put his hand on the glass finding the door handle he opened it and stepped out. He wandered around the garden, stopping every now and then to look at something on the floor or even at the sky. He sat down on the grass feeling the blades of grass looking around at everything.

Dan smiled as he watched Ali walked around the kitchen and eventually got outside after bumping into the glass door. Looking to Katy he smiled " I work in the local town, I own a bookstore. My oldest daughter helps me every now an then. Is Ali Allright outside on his own? He doesn't run away? How about you what do you do?" He asked smiling.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Katy smiled at her don't curiousity, and went to help him with the door, but he figured it out. She nodded, walking back to Dan as he spoke. Katy frowned at his last comment. "You say that like he's an animal." She didn't care too much for this Dan guy. "I.. Um... I make a living with an online business. It allows me to stay home with Ali. " she's had the business for years, a flower delivery.

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Dan's face became instantly apologetic " I didn't mean it in a rude way honestly. It's interesting that you have an online business and good that you spend time with Ali..." He gave a glance outside to Ali. His phone began to ring he answered it quickly and spoke " Sorry about this, perhaps I'll see you around in town.." He smiled and returned to his phone call, leaving the house and shutting the door behind him.

Ali was sitting by a tree his fingers tracing the rough bark on the tree, memorising the colours and tone of the murky brown textures. He watched as grey clouds moved slowly across the sun, Ali didn't like rain that much he hated being cold or even hot. Standing up he walked towards the door, once again bumping into the glass, rubbing his head again he felt for the door handle. Entering the kitchen he spoke " That man went away? The garden is pretty...I'm hungry mom...can we have dinner soon?" He asked looking out the window as the rain began to fall. " Please" he added remembering his manners from school. " When is school?" He asked wandering around the kitchen looking at everything.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:49 am

Katy frowned at the unusual, yet handsome man. He seemed nervous about coming over from the start. Did he like Katy? Should she think about dating so soon after her divorce?

She shook the thoughts out her head, when she heard a thump on the glass door. "Hello Ali man." She sometimes called him little names. "Hm? Yes, Mr. Dan went home, baby. The garden Is pretty." She nodded quickly. "We'll have dinner in about an hour, Ali man. " Katy frowned at his last question. "Well, Ali school for you is going to be different this year. " She sighed, and took her son by the shoulders looking down at him.

"Honey, you're not going to a public school anymore. Mrs. Richard, is a new teacher, and she's going to come here every morning, and teach you in that big room that I told you was a second living room, remember?"

SaxyLady15
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!