Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. »

the ten year stretch. {private}

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

the ten year stretch. {private}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Since Isaac was five years old, he knew what alcohol was.

Alcohol ruined his life. Once his father went on deployment, it ruined his mother, so much to where Child Protective Services was threatening to put him in an orphanage. So, at eighteen years old, his older brother Ricky took custody of his little brother and found an apartment far away from the woman. When the father returned, he was whisked away before he could find his children. after the second deployment, he was too depressed to return home and found happiness in European women and forgetting his children.

Ricky basically became Isaac's father. He taught him all the things their father should have been teaching him, like taking a shower, how to flirt with girls, how to drive, how to treat people like human beings. People found it strange that Isaac was being raised by his brother, but Ricky was - is - Isaac's hero. And when Ricky started to get really sick, he did whatever he could to make him better; which included getting in contact with their father, who still owned their old house, and getting him to come home to help Isaac take care of Ricky. Their mother died of alcohol poisoning only a few months prior to Ricky's sickness, so it was still a tender subject, but their father had to now.

Ten years pass and Isaac is back in the hometown he left behind ten years ago. The one that spread rumors about his family and denied to help them. Isaac didn't need their help, not anymore.

Isaac drives by the sign indicating that they've entered into North Grove. His brother Ricky sits in the passenger seat, bundled in a blanket and looking quite fragile. "Hey, you need to take a nap when we get home, okay? I'm sure my bed's still set up and it's closest to the front door." Isaac has been taking over the big brother position since Ricky's sickness, and though Ricky hates it, he can't help himself, he's too weak. Their shared car pulls into the driveway, almost completely overgrown with weeds. There's a lot to be done to get this house back in order, especially inside. Isaac hops out the car and notices a boy across the street sitting on his porch. He looks familiar, but Isaac can't place a name. Instead, he helps Ricky get out the car and into the house, where their father will be in a few days.
"you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: the ten year stretch. {private}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Christobel Francis DeGari

Chris had had it pretty good if he thought about it, he was in good health, he had his family even though it was just him and his sister Athena right now. His older brothers and sister were around the world with high paid jobs and starting families of their own. His sister was close to finishing school and Chris had not long finished art school and had a job painting murals as well as his own concept art, at the moment he was working on a very large "Beauty and the Beast" landscape with immense details worked into it. He had finished the primary sketches he just had to paint it. That's why he was outside, it gave him room to think.

He had retreated into the house to get his easel and paints, it was easier to paint outside the fumes smelled a little and he wouldn't get as distracted, for example right now his mother and sister were arguing in his native tounge Italian. Shaking his head he laughed to himself as he sat down to set up the paints he needed.

As he was doing so a car pulled up to the house opposite, it wasn't used much the man opposite was in the military or something that caused him to be away for a long while. He watched as a young man got out an odd familiarity striking him in his mind, where had he seen him before?

As the young man went inside helping an older gentleman inside the house Chris stood watching for a while and began painting. It wasn't until he was a quarter way done it clicked. Isaac Dayton! Wow he hadn't thought about him for a long while he just up and left the town due to family problems, the street didn't help everyone was always in each other's business. People couldn't accept anything here.

Putting down his painting brushes he walked into the house and was instantly shoved a lasagna in his hands. " Christobel take this across the street. To the young boys who just arrived. It looks like they need feeding up..it looks like that little boy Isaac remember you used to play with him all the time you were the best of friends" She spoke waving her hands flamboyantly. " Mama..they've just-" Chris began but he was cut off " i know they've just came but they need some food " " yes mama" Chris nodded walking across the street and knocked on the door now noticing he was covered in splashes of paint.

I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:44 am

Ricky is settled down for his nap when Issac hears a knock at the door. Taking off his jacket and hanging by the coat rack, Issac makes his way to the door cautiously. When he opens it, the boy from across the street is holding a lasagna. He is covered in paint splatter and doesn't look like he's done anything other than paint today. The boy looks familiar for sure, but Issac's memory has failed him in the last few years, especially about North Grove. But he's cute, that's for sure. He has soft brown hair and young face, the one that looks eighteen even when he's twenty-two. The best thing about him, though, is the glittering pair of blue eyes. Issac's a sucker for blue eyes. He realizes after that thought that he's just been staring at the boy - who is probably a man and a few years older than him - so he looks down at the floor and blushes.

"Uh, hi. I haven't really done this whole 'neighbor brings food around' thing before, but uh… thanks, I guess. I'm Issac, I used to live here quite some time ago." Issac finally talks, rubbing his neck sheepishly. Ricky is better at meeting new people and talking to neighbors. Issac's used to just being 'Rick's kid brother'. He assumes now that Ricky is sick, he'll have to be that person. Issac takes the lasagna from the neighbor, and smiles. "Do you want to share it with me? I know you made it, and probably have some at home, but my brother's not up to eating right now so I'd have to eat alone." Issac is bold with his words and doesn't realize that this situation might come out in his favor. He's used to people blowing him off or not paying attention to him. He invites the boy inside regardless and sets the lasagna on the kitchen counter, which is still dust-ridden.

Issac runs the tap to find that the water is off. "Shit," he mutters, looking back at the boy with beet red cheeks. "I guess they turned if off while we've been gone." He stutters, also finding the cabinets to be empty save for a ceramic plate also dusty to the core. What a time to have company over, he thinks gravely.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Chris gave a warm smile as the door opened and there Isaac was he was sure of it now, he had certainly grown into his looks. He was very attractive now. His eyes seemed to hold a sadness but also a strength in them, like he had to mature way to early. Chris felt a light blush rise on his face as he felt Isaac's eyes on him.

He gave another smile and nodded " Sure I'll join you..my mother always make lasagna for new people who move in. I do remember you. We went to school together. Chris DeGari.." He trailed off his soft Italian accent pulling out the tones of his Italian heritage and his last name.

Chris followed Isaac into the house, it was dusty like the house had been sitting for a long while. The kitchen was just as dusty as Isaac put the lasagna back on the countertop. He opened the cupboards to find nothing there, no plates and no water.

" Look give me a few minutes and I'll get some things.." He smiled and left the house. He ran across the street to his house and explained the situation to his mother who quickly gather a pitcher of water and some old plates, cups and cutlery. He managed to carry all of the things in his arms and pushed open Isaac's door with his foot, he put the things on the counters.

" My mother says you can keep the plates, they are an old set. I can take a look at your pipes. The shut off valve is probably on. The water company turns it off after a while of not paying the bills but if you turn it on manually the company will send a letter for you to pay the bill" He said as he served a portion on a plate and gave it to Isaac.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 pm

"Oh, uh, right… sorry Chris, just have a bad memory, that's all. I'm sure we had fun." Issac said that last part mainly to himself. North Grove was the only place he was allowed to be a child and he couldn't even remember it. Whatever was there was replaced with scrounging for food, watching his brother be pushed around and manhandled by landlord and boss alike. Issac, well, Issac took different methods to get money. But enough of that, especially with company over. He swears he almost remembers Chris, there's got to be something there. "Yeah I got to New York and everything about his place just faded to fuzzy memories. But you look familiar, so that's good." Issac comments, not daring to look at Chris, especially when he ran over to get plates and utensils and everything so they could eat.

Issac takes the plate of lasagna sheepishly. "Sorry again, I just… I thought it wouldn't be this desolate already. I thought my d- that Thomas would've kept it in better shape." Issac confesses, compelling himself to never call that man father again and compelling himself to hate Thomas Dayton. But he can remember his father's caring eyes and soft smiles and there's just nothing in his heart that can overcome that. "Tell your mother I said thank you for the plates, please. And the lasagna, it's delicious. I'm sure Ricky and Thomas will love it." Issac says through a mouthful of pasta.

Issac finishes only half of it, feeling his stomach ache at him to stop. Sure, he's a boy, but he's so used to not eating well that this much food is too much. He can feel the richness sliding down his throat. It was good going in, but now, not so much. But it would be social suicide to throw up his mother's food. "So, uh, Chris, what have you been doing for the past ten years?" Issac asks, leaning on the island and putting his elbows on it, supporting his head with curious eyes pointed straight on Chris.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:02 am

[center]Image

Chris smiled understandingly as the boy apologised for the state of the house " it's quite allright. You've just arrived. I suppose I shouldn't have come over until you were settled. It's not problem about the plates. We have a big family dinner every month and the relatives bring plates except my aunt Slyvia who brings a fish slicer. I wouldn't mind but we don't even eat fish." He chuckled as he finished his pasta lasagna wasn't his favourite but he didn't mind eating it.

He looked to Isaac as he asked what he had been doing for the past ten years. Huffing out a breath he smiled " well where to begin...my oldest sister got married she lives in Idaho now and she's expecting her third child so that leaves just me and Athena now and mama and papa. I went to art school when I graduated and that took 2 years. But it was great I do concept art for video games as well as murals and anything people want painting. I've had some work evaluated by Disney, and some by Pixar they've been really impressed and they said they love my work." He tapped the counter top gleefully. " I go the gym three times a week cause you can't really get fit and buff just lifting a paintbrush up " he laughed.

He sighed softly " not much else has happened I've been to Italy a few times. Still beautiful as ever." He added. " I did have a few jobs but art it what I want to do, how about you? You flew of the radar" he smiled giving a wink.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:21 am

"At least you have family dinners. That sounds so nice." Issac sighs, dreaming of a time when his family was all together and he could be a kid. Family dinners were the last thing on his mind in New York, he was lucky to even see Ricky on some days, and he learned to take care of himself and steal if he had to. Thinking of people bringing him things, especially things that aren't of a necessity, those days were few and far in between. "There was a really nice guy in New York who would always save a hot dinner plate for me when I got home from work. His wife bought this unique little plate and everyone knew it was mine." Issac reminisced, stabbing his lasagna disinterestedly.

Hearing Chris talk about his life was a reality check for Issac. "Wow, Chris, that's awesome!" The boy he once knew was now an artist, soon to be famous if Pixar really takes an interest in him. Maybe Issac should keep his distance, he wouldn't want to defile a boy like that. Chris knows where he's going and being friends with a boy like Issac would just be his downfall. But when Chris winked at him, Issac felt a jolt in his body that could only come from physical attraction. He hadn't felt attraction towards someone in a long time, and it was nice to actually feel something good for once.

"Me? Oh, I'm not that important. I graduated high school before I moved back here but my life in New York was pretty monotonous. Work, sleep, school, eat. Not much time for anything else. I would've applied for college considering I was in the top five of my class but I don't have money for that." Issac left out a lot of his life in New York, things that Chris surely would be disgusted by. He felt his stomach jerk at the thought, and had to hold back his food before it came out again. He was having a hard time doing that lately. "Well Chris, it was good catching up, but I, uh…" Issac didn't want Chris to leave, but he couldn't get attached to this boy. They have to leave it here. "I guess I should get some boxes unpacked and clean up around here." Issac finishes, looking around the dusty, empty house with a small hint of despair. This would take forever, especially with Issac working alone.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:06 pm

[center]Image

Chris listened as Isaac spoke seemingly unmotivated about his life away from here, it's like he shut him self of all of a sudden not wanting to talk about his problems. Chris wasn't one to pry, but his warm heart want to help as much as he could.

His heart wept as Isaac said that he wasn't important, no one should ever have to think that about themselves not even in the darkest of times. He closed himself off as he said he should start unpacking and cleaning up the house on his own. Chris sighed heavily " You can't do that stuff on your own you just got here..at least let me help I can get some polish and dusters and I'll have a look at you water.." He smiled as he put a hand on his chest bowing his head slightly.

" I'll be right back..." He began brushing off his hands he took Isaac's hand " remember you are always important" he smiled and kissed his hands briefly before leaving to go and gather cleaning supplies. He couldn't leave him alone to tidy up, you needed someone to talk to it helped pass the time.

He ran inside the house and changed his shirt to an cleaner one, and got a bucket of cleaning products and towels and everything a new house needs.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:42 pm

"No Chris, really I-" when the boy kissed his hand, telling him he was important, Issac felt his heart flutter in his chest. He lost the ability to speak and watched helplessly as Chris returned to his house and came back with everything they would need to clean the house. They. "Chris, you really didn't… but uh, thank you." Issac whispered the last part, looking down to his hand as if the kiss were still there.

Ricky, the damn prick, finally peaked his head out of his bedroom door and, when Chris's back was turned, winked at Issac. "Chris, if you could… check the water, I need to check on Ricky." Issac shuffled away and closed the door when he entered Ricky's room. Ricky wasn't supposed to be standing for a long period of time, only for a walk periodically so his muscles wouldn't cramp and eventually die. The wheelchair and mattress were the only things in the room that weren't still in boxes. "Who is that, Issac?" Ricky asked, his paranoid attitude resurfacing from New York. He didn't know better, and in Issac's line of work, there was never knowing when a psycho or aggressive client would come around and hurt his little brother. "Chris… Chris DeGari. Didn't you know a DeGari in high school? Anyway, he's perfect and handsome and successful and I don't want him here because I can't bring him down, Ricky, I just can't." Issac lets it out in one long sentence, praying that Chris couldn't hear him.

Ricky had forgotten how New York had changed his little brother until now. Sure, living as poorly as they did, there was going to be maturing; but the things they had to do to survive, well, Issac may have a youthful face but it makes his maturity that much more perverse. At least now they were somewhere safe. "Listen to me, Issac Phineas. You are safe now, and no one is going to bring down Chris but Chris himself. Especially not you. Now get out there and clean this house." Ricky pushes Issac out his door and shuts it, leaving him with Chris. Issac averts his eye contact as much as he can, and stays silent unless he has to.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:11 am

[center]Image

Chris smiled and put a hand up " Va Bene" he mumbled in response meaning 'it's fine' in Italian. He placed the box of cleaning products on the counter moving it away from the sprays and cloths. Otherwise the food would be ruined. He pulled out a spanner and wrench from the tool box and opened the cupboard under the sink, he could just about lie down and fit underneath it. He put a small torch in his mouth and had a look around the cupboard, it was very dusty he inched his was back until he was underneath the pipes, his shirt bunching up to his chest revealing his flat and highly toned abs.

He hummed to himself as he reached in and turned the water valve on, there was a gurgle and a groan but after a tap with the wrench the water filled the pipes and sprayed Chris with a cold blast of water. "per l'amor di Dio!" He cursed in Italian ( for gods sake) and tightened off the pipe so it wasn't leaking any more.

He slid out of the cupboard his shirt clinging to his torso. " well that's a way to wake up" he laughed " that should be all good now, believe it or not my dad wanted me to be a plumber like him he showed me all the pipes and stuff that's when I got drawing and he left me to it." he explained as he put his things back in the tool box. He turned on the tap and clear water ran out.

" where do you want to start first? Upstairs? " he asked picked up the bucket of products.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:26 pm

Seeing Chris's toned body was enough for Issac to lose his words. He merely nods, taking a bucket of supplies and going up to the bathroom first. He takes a breather once he's alone up there. It was peculiar to see such a large space, especially since he'd forgotten they were wealthy as kids. The plumbing is out up here too, but Chris can help with that. He cleans off the crusted handles and bath liner, the moldy shower head and dusty floor. Everything that had a trace of their life, now washed away. He put the old towels and any other washable materials in a laundry basket and left the room.

He left Chris to the plumbing, and went over to the guest room. He stripped the bed and planned to have tomorrow to mop and vacuum the floors. The pictures of their family in the room are old and before anything happened to anyone. Ricky was still a blonde-haired little kid, with bright, happy blue eyes. Issac had lost one of his teeth in a few of the pictures, and his soft brown hair was kept continually under a backwards cap. Mom looked so young, so healthy, and so beautiful. Thomas looked how Ricky does now, and it's strange to see.

The next room he did was the hardest. His parent's room. He pushed the door shut before Chris could come in and was bombarded by old memories. As much as he wanted to clean it out, he also wanted to reminisce. In the closet, he finds his mother's old college sweatshirt, and because of its largeness, he can put it on and smell her perfume along the collar, like an embrace from her. There's also some of his dad's old clothes, which he has half a mind to throw out. He slowly traced the pictures on the wall and on the vanity and dresser, and found where they kept all their old photos and scrapbooks. He places those on the bed, along with his mother's journal on the nightstand. It was all of her unadulterated thoughts, nothing she could say to any of them. He climbed on the bed and started looking through it. He started crying and didn't even notice Chris come inside.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Chris had wiped down all the counters in the kitchen as well as cleaning out the cupboards which were very dusty. The fridge was working but it needed a good clean before it was able to store food in it. After washing the fridge out Chris could hear Isaac pottering about upstairs his heavy footsteps nearly echoing around the house.

He carried the tools upstairs and took a look at the shower, it wasn't that bad the pipes were a little blocked from lack of use but after a few taps and a clear out with a bendy pipe they were all set. Turning the water he ran it for a few minutes testing the temperatures. That worked well and it drained away a little slower than it should but some drain were like that.

He shut the water off and he could hear crying, very soft pitiful crying. He walked slowly to the stairs incase Isaac's brother was in trouble since he wasn't feeling well. It was coming from a closed door, Chris opened it slowly not really knowing what he would see. Isaac was sitting on a large bed journals, scrapbooks and photos scattered around the bed. Chris eyes softened in empathy to Isaac he sat on the bed wrapping an arm around the boy "Shhh...it's allright...you don't have to cry...you haven't got to tell me what's wrong I know times can get overwhelming" he rubbed Isaac's back in small circles his head resting on his.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:53 pm

When Chris starts thinking to him, he realizes he should stop crying and make Chris leave, but that's the hard exterior he had in New York. He's been stone cold and emotionless for too long. Without thinking, Issac throws his arms around Chris's neck and goes into full-hearted sobbing. It was nice to cry, to show emotion without being punished for it. "She's gone… fuck, she's gone!" He sobs, pressing his body hard into Chris as if all his emotions will leak into the other boy. He hasn't cried over his mother's death yet, and though she was an alcoholic, there were still good memories, and she's still his mother.

Issac was always his mother's favorite, he knew even with all the times she tried to deny it. She thought the world of him and knew he was going to do great things when he grew up. They had days where it was just the two of them, hanging out. All they stopped when his father was deployed. Alcohol became her favorite, and that Issac became a faded memory in her mind. This new Issac was a bastard child that never resupplied her alcohol. She would shout horrible things at him and curse at him, even slap him if she had to. But Issac still remembered his happy, healthy mother, shown by all these photos. He still believed in that happy woman. He hoped she was looking down on him, at least trying to protect him.

As he composes himself, he realizes how close he is to Chris. "We should… get back to…" he presses his forehead against Chris's forehead, his eyes on Chris's lips. With his legs straddling Chris's waist, Issac kisses Chris slowly but deeply. His fingers start to run through Chris's soft hair when he remembers where he is and what he's doing. He flinches back and gets off the bed quickly. It's all too soon, and he's still so sensitive. Plus, he's not supposed to get close to Chris, but the damn boy is so friendly and… warm. Stop it Issac, he's too good for you, he thinks to himself. "Um, I can finish on my own, thanks." Issac whispers, folding his arms on his chest anxiously and staring at his feet. When he catches Chris's eye contact, he just pleads, "please leave."

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Chris gasped a little as Isaac flung his arms around him sobbing like a little kid who lost something so dear to him, he glanced down at the pictures on the bed of who he assumed was Isaac's mother. He didn't have many memories of her, he knew that she smiled a lot be he had no idea that she had passed away. The sadness in Isaac's crackly voice was enough to to melt Chris's heart, he took the young lad in his arms rubbing his back slowly shushing him gently in his ears.

Chris hadn't really experienced loss that great he would be heartbroken if his own parents had died or even his brothers and sisters. He couldn't even begin to comprehend how Isaac felt, but his tears and sobs gave him an idea.

" Shhh...it's okay let it out...shhh" he soothed, rocking his body gently.

Eventually Isaac pulls away but his hands are still looped around his neck, his forehead pressed against his. Then boom his legs came over and his lips were on Chris's the slow delicate movements made Chris moan in pleasure. He hadn't been kissed like that in a while, his lips went to kiss back but Isaac pulled away quickly.

He asked him to leave Chris nodded and stood up " Sure thing...I'll leave you too it...I'll see you around perhaps." He smiled and made his way downstairs leaving the box of cleaning stuff so Isaac could finish as he please. He bit his lips still tasting the other boy on him. Perhaps it was a bit fast and Chris did sort of push himself onto Isaac buy bringing dinner round and fixing the pipes. As he crossed he looked back at the house across the street heading into his own to relax into the evening.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:17 am

When it finally gets dark and he realizes how long this is going to take, he curses himself for making Chris leave. He manages to clean his parents' room, keeping his mother's journal and the photographs so that Thomas can't have them. He also keeps the sweaters from his mother, and a bottle of her perfume, so that Thomas will suffer, like he left his own two children to suffer. The room was left tidy, the only thing left to do was vacuum the floor and mop in the bathroom, and Isaac considered leaving that to Thomas, but he was so lonely in the house, cleaning took that off his mind. So did Chris, but Isaac was forbidding himself to see the boy again. The kiss was magic but he couldn't let it happen again.

He goes to his room and hides his mother's things before waking up Ricky, and helping him to the kitchen for a meal. They eat in silence, because every time Ricky tries to start a conversation, Isaac scowls and gives him the evil eye. But then, when he helps Ricky to bed, the kid wanting to help everyone as much as he can comes out again, thoughtfully but determinedly helping Ricky. "Isaac?" The boy pops his head up, looking at his brother, "I want you to apply for college this fall, okay?" Isaac goes to protest, but Ricky won't let him. Ricky's always looked out for him, not just because he's like a father figure to Isaac, but because he genuinely cares about Isaac and wants him to have passion and drive again.

Isaac returns to his room and grabs the picture he found of him and his mother, tucking it in his pillow and pressing his head into the pillow, and if that would make him feel her warmth again. Another sleepless night for Isaac as he successfully gains one hour of sleep. He doesn't know if it's the new surroundings, or his onset insomnia, that doesn't allow him to sleep, but he eventually gives up. He decides to go out on the front porch and watch the sunrise, even if that means Chris might possibly see him. He wraps up in his comforter and walks out on the porch, relishing the watercolor sky as it allows the sun to rise. He finds himself drifting and falls asleep on the porch, and when someone shakes him awake, he wakes up with a thick red blush on his face.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:39 am

Chris spent most of the night confiding in his sister Athena about what he would do about the kiss that he and Isaac shared not only a few hours ago. She said that it might have been because of the emotions that he had poured out onto him about his late mother's passing.

He spent the rest of the evening working on his drawing and adding small fine details to artwork that was ready to be displayed and sold. He would have to take it to the framers and get it sorted out so it could be shipped. After taking a few pictures of the sunset for references he settled down with a book and fell asleep with it on his chest.

The morning came swiftly as Chris had slept so well he woke up around 8:00 and had a quick breakfast of eggs and toast as well as some orange and lemon juice. It was still dark the sun not rising yet it would be another while yet, he set out on his run. It was a warm morning and soon he was sweating, he ran about 5 miles each day doing the exact same route every day there was always something different about it. He would do his sit ups and arm exercises later, he ran past his grandmas store and she held him there for a few minutes talking about his art work and how she wanted another of his pictures.

On his way back from his run Chris noticed something on Isaac's front porch, scratch that it was Isaac. What was he doing sleeping out here? Walking up he shook him gently, when he opened his eyes Chris smiled. " Didn't you get told by your grandparents not to sleep outside? " he chuckled softly " you okay?" He added sitting down next to Isaac wiping the sweat off his face.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:46 pm

It was Chris waking him up. He yawned like a puppy and curled up in his comforter, looking over to Chris with wary eyes. "Didn't really know my grandparents. Dad's parents didn't like my mom and Mom's parents didn't like my dad, so… yeah. Didn't really… hang out with the parents either. Just me and Ricky." Isaac sighs, leaning his head against the rocking chair, "and I'm fine, I just… don't sleep well." He felt awkward sitting next to Chris after what happened last night, but decided not to make it weird by saying anything about it. Soon, he would have to wake up Ricky and help him wash for the day. Then breakfast, which he momentarily thought of inviting Chris over, but shot it down immediately.

Isaac stood up, stretching and yawning once more. "Well, I gotta go. Thanks for uh, waking me up, Chris." He grabs the comforter and slips inside. With a sudden thought, he quickly turns and opens the door again, "hey! Chris, could you… help me get groceries later? I'm really bad at not getting frozen food and Ricky, he needs nutritional food. And you seem good at that." Isaac blushes, smiling and telling Chris he'll come over to let him know he's ready. Then, he goes to start up a bath, and wakes up Ricky. The only thing he has to be jealous of Ricky is his sleeping habits, being able to sleep half the day away without a care in the world. The man has never been comfortable with having to be cleaned by his younger brother, but he can't do it until he gets stronger.

Isaac makes it short as he possibly can, wrapping his brother in a robe after ten minutes. While Ricky dries off and gets dressed, Isaac checks the cupboards and kitchen for anything edible, only to find them bars except for very stale chips. Isaac decides then that he'll get breakfast for Ricky and him on the way home from grocery shopping. "Rick?" "Yes?" "I'm going out for grocery shopping… with Chris." Before Isaac could hear his brother's snide comment, he threw himself out the house and made his way over to Chris's house, keys in hand and a light blush powdering his face.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Athena Rosa DeGari

Chris listened to Isaac talk about not knowing his grandparents, that must have been awful being broken of contact from other family member because they didn't like each other. He stood up when Isaac did and nodded in response to going grocery shopping with him to get food for the pair.

Chris ran across the road to hop into the shower to wash his sweat covered body, he got changed and made sure he had enough money. He heard the door and sighed " Athena get the door it's probably Isaac! I'm just getting money" he called down.

Athena wandered over to the door a book in her hand her thick rimmed glasses perched on the top of her head. " Hello Isaac. I'm Athena, Chris's sister. He's just coming down" and as if by magic Chris came down the stairs. Athen giggled " I'll see you two later. hai fatto bene Christobel è una bomba ( you did well Christobel he is a hottie) " She punched him in the arm and walked away.

An instantaneous blush appeared on Chris's face "stai zitto!"( shut up) he called back and laughed nervously. " Well off we go then, it's not far at all. I'm sure we can find some good stuff for you both." He smiled shutting the front door and putting his wallet in his pocket.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!