The Terran National Government

a topic in Clans, Guilds, and Organizations, a part of the RPG forum.

So you have an IC organization that you'd like to have a private discussion forum for? This is the place for such things.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun May 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Accepting players who wish to take part in the intelligence agency, the military, or the other functions of government. Currently in progress.

Conventional Name: Terran National Government
Conventional Short Form: Terra
Local Name: Terran National Government
Local Short Form: Terra

Motto: Sovereignty,
Anthem: ...I don't know yet. I should stop using my own faction skeleton when I don't know all its pieces.
Capital: Wing City
Largest City: Wing City
Official Languages: English
Recognized Regional Languages: Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, German, French, Kiswahili, Hindi-Urdu, Bengali/Bangla, Punjabi, Japanese, Portuguese, Farsi, Javanese
Minority Ethnic Groups: Definitely too many to list.
Demonym: Terran (noun), Terran (adjective)

Government: Transitional (Autocratic now, transitioning to parliamentary republic)
Leader: Lelantus Haima (transitioning to a Prime Minister)
Legislature: Terran National Council (transitioning to Parliament)
Ministries: In the process of being established.
Other Agencies: Terran Intelligence Bureau
Administrative Divisions: Europe, Central Asia, Asia, African Maghrib, Sub-Saharan Africa, North America, Central America and the Caribbean, South America, Pacific Islands, Antarctica, Oceania

Unification:
Tripartite
Independence: March 2011 C.E.

Area: I'm not doing that math.
Water (%): Also not doing that.
Population: ~ 3,500,000,000
Population Density:
Currency: Terran Credit
Current Conversion Rate: See DemiKara's information.

Independence: March 2011 C.E.
National Holiday: Sovereignty Day
Constitution: Being written.
Legal System: Criminal Courts, Civil Courts, and Special Courts (war crimes and anything that doesn't fit into the other two)
Suffrage: Any native Terran or Terran citizen who is of the age of majority commonly recognized by their species.

Military Resources:

Standing Military: ~ 10,000,000
Space Fleet: 25 vessels
Technological Advancements: Still fleshing this out.

Other People:

TIB Director Arianne Drulović
TIB Special Agent Austin Marshall
Ahmad Fazari, senior aide to Director Drulović
General Prachai Ranida
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

Stunning letter from autistic survivor of electric shock torture in USA

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver

Re: The Terran National Government

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R0NlN on Sun May 29, 2011 8:15 pm

TETRS
Terran Elite Tactical Response Squad

TETRS (called 'Tetris') is a military organization that operates outside the normal chain of Terran military command. TETRS is a small but effective organization, recruiting only the best that Terra has to offer, training and preparing them for any combat-related circumstances. The special forces of the Terran military, TETRS troopers are promptly dispatched into any situation that might threaten Terran security.

((TETRS is constructed completely out of individual roleplayers. One roleplayer = one TETRS trooper. According to RPG laws, a group with more players throws more weight.))

TETRS troopers are equipped with a wide variety of weapons and armor, the most prominent being the ANDEE Battle Suit.

ANDEE
Armored Neurologically-Directed Enhanced Exoskeleton

Designed by Cleo Eriaji and worked on extensively by a host of Terran scientists, the ANDEE represents the pinnacle of Terran infantry defensive technologies. The ANDEE is composed of the strongest materials throughout galaxy, including:

Impervium: a dislocated metal alloyed from the alien metals pullum and silicis, found on the planet Fundam, located in the Carina-Sagittarius Arm of the Milky Way galaxy. Pullum and silicis are smelted together to alloy impervium, but only through extreme heat. Impervium has a solidus point of 1.3 million degrees Fahrenheit, and a liquidis point of 1.5 million degrees Fahrenheit.

Exceptionally tough, hard and durable, impervium is the metal alloy used in the Terran ANDEE. The entire Plate of the armor is almost completely comprised of impervium. Because of its superior strength and high-melting point, the alloy is practically impervious to lead, plasma, and most other piercing, heat or smashing attacks. Impervium is also extremely magnetic (30,000 gauss), and is in fact held together in the ANDEE design via a series of densely energized internal magnetic fields.

Muteki: a metallic liquid found on the planet Peniculus in the Crux-Scutum Arm of the Milky Way galaxy, Muteki has been christened “Tek” by TETRS troopers. Muteki liquid has the ability to absorb massive amounts of energy, a trait which proved extremely useful in furthering the defensive capabilities of the ANDEE. The substance was molecularly frozen and incorporated into the armor. A thick layer is plastered over the Plate, while a Muteki “gel” substance flows freely throughout the Pillar. Two densely concentrated “gems” of Muteki are also embedded in the palms of the ANDEE.

The ANDEE armor consists of four layers: The Plate, Pillar, Foam and Skin.

Plate: the outer section of the armor, and the only layer that is completely exposed to the environment. The Plate is constructed entirely out of high carbon impervium, a dislocated metal alloyed from alien elements. Only the hellish core of a Neutron Star (1.5 Million ºF) can generate the heat required to forge impervium.

Pillar: an elastic shell just below the Plate. It serves a myriad of important purposes essential to the functionality of the ANDEE. Its primary function is structural support. The Pillar keeps the ANDEE closely knitted together through a series of densely energized magnetic fields. The Pillar is also responsible for movement throughout the system. A neurological transmitter at the base of a TETRS trooper's neck connects to his central nervous system. The pathway collects chemical signals released by the brain and transmits them into kinetic action. Whatever the trooper tells the suit to do in his mind, it does. The Pillar seals the remaining two layers of armor, air-locking the trooper from a potentially hostile environment. Muteki Gel flows freely throughout the Pillar, offering significant protection and further absorption of energy concentrates.

The Foam: a thick layer of protective foam separating the Pillar from the Skin. Engineered to absorb up to 10 million Newtons of force, the Foam is capable of protecting the trooper's structure from even the most powerful exertion of force or shock wave of energy.

Skin: the final layer of the ANDEE. Thin and tight, it clings closely to the trooper's body like a jumpsuit. The Skin is responsible for accommodating all of the trooper's biological needs, as well as maintaining reasonable living conditions throughout ANDEE in general. An extensive temperature regulator keeps the entire suit at a safe temperature in even the most extreme environments, while a Thermal Disruptor nullifies his heat signature. A particle filter prevents any poisons or toxins from entering into the trooper's system, including radiation and electromagnetic waves. The Skin's bioscan technology sterilizes and seals any prevalent injuries upon detection (although series medical attention is not something ANDEE is able to give). Jutting from the Skin along the shoulders, back, and quadriceps are a series of energy generators, which supply a constant shield of densely protective energy around the Plate, in addition to the Muteki Gel coat.

Directly in the center chest plate of the ANDEE is the Fusion Reactor. Arguably the most important piece of the armor, the Fusion Reactor supplies seemingly limitless power to the ANDEE.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

R0NlN
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fearful-lover on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Sign me up..

Fearful-lover
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Fearful-lover, in what way would you like to be involved?

Ylanne
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:12 am

Martin Leopold
Artillery-Master
Member of TETRS
Image of portrait and armor

Marcus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:44 pm

A tribute to the Terran National Government and Terran nationalism? I think so! Julia Marie Ecklar, pseudonym L. A. Graf, is an author and musician signed to Prometheus Music. She has written a few of the Star Trek novels as well as other science fiction. Her musical genre is "filk," or science-fiction folk music (although plenty of folks debate over how to define filk), a genre which I suspect is perpetuated and adored by the Autistic community, as it is closely tied to science-fiction conventions and other informal gatherings of us "sci-fi geeks."

God Lives on Terra by Julia Ecklar.

Lyrics:

I was born in Inverness on the second day of spring,
But my soul yearned to sail the stars, my heart did long to sing.
So when I made my sixteenth year I signed my life away
And flew out from this world to which with joy I come today.

Now somewhere in Eighth Sector there's a world called Hellendiv
Where long ago the spacefolk did decide the gods did live.
And, aye, that world is heavenly, but Heaven it not be,
For my God made my heart and made the land most dear to me.

For God lives on Terra,
In her lands of evergreen.
Her silken skies over velvet vales
The most lovely I have seen.
And when I watch a sunset
Fade from red to royal blue,
I know God lives on Terra.
She's His own dream come true.

I've seen the sun on Rakkis, and I've felt her golden sands,
On Wrigley's I once won a bet, and I've held a queen's fair hand,
And I've made love in the summer snows of a Rigel mountain cap,
And seen the Universe unfold on Pern from dragonback.

Yes, I've seen this whole grand galaxy, and I thank the Lord for that.
I thank God for the chance to go, and the chance to now come back.
And I thank the Lord that I was born in the cradle of mankind.
I love the God who made this world whose beauty outlives time.

For God lives on Terra,
In the hearts and souls of man.
Why search the stars for lost Eden's shores
When He made her right at hand?
The beauties of her blueness
Always moves my heart to tears,
For God so loved Terra
That He chose to live right here.

Yes, God lives on Terra.
He lives and loves right here.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:58 pm

New project! The TNG now has a Wikispaces account. Please take a look at what I've been working on for the last day or so. If you have suggestions for edits or new pages, post in the discussion tab of the home page. Thank you.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 pm

A Director of Government Center

Basement: Secure Communications Center; Advanced Geospatial and Galactic Imaging Center; Infirmary and Advanced Medical Center; Secure Bunker; Office of Security; Government Center Secure Garage, Terran Intelligence Bureau Liaison Office; National Police Agency Liaison Office; Gun Cabinet; Holding Cell

First floor: Terran National Library and Archives; Memorial Hall; West Wing

Second floor: Parliament's Chambers; Office of the Prime Minister; Press Room; Office of the Clerk of Parliament

Third floor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Division of Immigration and Citizenship; State Reception Hall; Office of Tourism

Fourth floor: Office of the Speaker of Parliament; Office of the Election Commission; Member Offices; Hearing Rooms

Fifth floor: Government Center Cafeteria; Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman; Government Center Interfaith Chapel; Office of the Parliamentary Chaplaincy

Sixth floor: Committee Staff Offices; Regional Representative Offices; Parliamentary Staff Offices

Seventh floor: Ministry of Development; Office of the Federal Liaison to Non-Governmental Organizations; Office of National Monuments and Memorials; Office of the Federal Liaison to Clerical and Civic Leaders and Associations

Eighth floor: Ministry of Social Services; Office of the Federal Liaison to Regional Offices on Disability Policy and Outreach; Office of the Federal Liaison to Regional Senior and Elder Services Administrations; Office of the Federal Liaison to Regional Vocational Rehabilitation Administrations; Office of the Federal Liaison to Regional Social Welfare Administrations; National Postsecondary Education Accreditation Board; National Vehicular Registry; National Health and Wellness Institute

Ninth floor: Ministry of Justice; Federal Bar Association; Terran Division of Corrections; Office of the Liaison of the Wing City Police Department; Regional Police Liaison Offices; Office of the Attorney General of Terra

Tenth floor: Ministry of Defence; Terran Armed Forces Liaison Office; Liaison of the Division of Military Intelligence

Eleventh floor: Ministry of Finance; Office of the National Treasury; Office of the Federal Contract Negotiator

Government Center Rooftop and Promenade: Here you will find access to the Terran flag flying from the highest spire of Government Center as well as a pleasant white stone walkway and well-tended flower boxes. Don't look down if you're afraid of heights. Don't come here, for that matter, if it's raining, snowing, or thundering.

Due to the Libertarian-Conservative majority in Parliament, nearly all of the “Federal Liaison” offices are staffed by less than two people who are responsible for their particular specialities and liaising with regional offices related to the same.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Other important locations --

Fort Veritas -- The Terran Armed Forces headquarters south of Wing City, also houses the Terran Intelligence Bureau headquarters.

O. Hewad Durrani Building -- The Terran Intelligence Bureau headquarters, which sits inside Fort Veritas. Named for the last Director of the CIA (Omar Durrani.

Roosevelt and Saif Building -- The National Police Agency headquarters in Wing City. Named for Theodore Roosevelt, former President of the Board of New York City Police Commissioners, and Maryam Saif, the first Station House Officer (rough equivalent to chief) of the women's police station in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Supreme Court of Terra -- Also in Wing City. Houses both the Supreme Court and the Wing City Superior Court.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years

The Terran Constitution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:45 am

CONSTITUTION OF THE TERRAN NATIONAL GOVERNMENT

PREAMBLE

It is with the strongest conviction that we, the citizens and founders of the Terran National Government, do create and ordain this Constitution under these self-evident moral truths: that all sentient life is sacred and venerable, that personal political and civil liberties are essential to a free and democratic society, and that a virtuous government is that which derives its power from the governed.

ARTICLE I -- The Prime Minister

Sec. 1. There shall be a Prime Minister who shall be the head of state and chief executive of the Terran National Government. The Prime Minister shall be an ex officio member of the Council of Ministers and the Parliament, and shall preside ceremonially over Parliamentary sessions. The Prime Minister shall be elected for a term of five years, and no individual may serve more than three terms in a lifetime. Any individual who shall have been a Terran citizen for ten years or more and attained the age of majority of xir recognized species shall be eligible for the office of Prime Minister.

Sec. 2. The Prime Minister shall develop domestic and foreign policies, direct the legislative activities of Parliament, and oversee the members of the Council of Ministers.

Sec. 3. The Prime Minister may be impeached upon conviction on a felony charge or a charge of treason, or upon a two-thirds majority vote of the Parliament.

Sec. 4. Should the Prime Minister die or become incapacitated while in office, the order of succession shall be the Speaker of Parliament, the Minister of Justice, and the Minister of Defence.

ARTICLE II -- The Council of Ministers

Sec. 1. There shall be Ministries of Justice, Defence, Finance, Foreign Affairs, Social Services, and Development. Each shall be led by an executive elected for a term of five years in a national election in the same year as elections for regional representatives to Parliament. Said executive heads of ministries shall comprise the Council of Ministers. Any individual who shall have been a Terran citizen for five years or more and attained the age of majority of xir recognized species shall be eligible for the office of member of the Council of Ministers.

Sec. 2. The Parliament shall create new ministries as necessary through legislation.

Sec. 3. The Minister of each Ministry shall oversee the policies, procedures, and programs of that ministry, and shall exercise executive power over the ministry through establishing employment policies, creating standard operating procedures, overseeing commissioned agencies, and enforcing relevant legislation.

Sec. 4. Any member of the Council of Ministers may be impeached upon conviction on a felony charge or a charge of treason, or upon a two-thirds majority vote of the Parliament.

Sec. 5. Should any member of the Council of Ministers die or become incapacitated while in office, the Elections Commissioner shall convene a special election to complete the term not more than six months following the determination of death or incapacity. The Prime Minister shall reserve the power to appoint an interim Minister prior to said election.

ARTICLE III -- The Parliament

Sec. 1. Each administrative region shall elect one Member of Parliament for a term of five years. A Member of Parliament shall serve no more than three consecutive terms or five terms in a lifetime. Any individual who shall have been a Terran citizen for five years or more and attained the age of majority of xir recognized species shall be eligible for the office of Member of Parliament.

Sec. 2. A Parliament consisting of members elected to represent each administrative region and members ex officio from the Council of Ministers shall promulgate laws and decrees to appropriate and reconcile a national budget, regulate commerce, enforce the Terran Charter of Rights and Liberties, maintain infrastructure, establish domestic and foreign policy, organize defenses, make treaties, declare war, and execute the necessary functions of government.

Sec. 3. There shall be a Speaker of Parliament, who shall be the leader of the majority party and who shall preside over Parliamentary sessions.

Sec. 4. Each Parliamentary session shall review previous bylaws and procedural rules and confirm or revise the most recent version prior to convention.

Sec. 5. Any Member of Parliament may introduce legislation during session. Laws shall be promulgated following a simple majority vote to pass after a first reading and a two-thirds majority vote after a second reading.

Sec. 6. Any Member of Parliament may be impeached upon conviction on a felony charge or a charge of treason, or upon a two-thirds majority vote of the Parliament.

Sec. 7. Should any Member of Parliament die or be incapacitated while in office, the Elections Commissioner for the respective administrative region shall convene a special election to complete the term not more than six months following the determination of death or incapacity. The Governor of the administrative region shall reserve the power to appoint an interim member prior to said election.

ARTICLE IV -- The Judiciary

Sec. 1. There shall be a Supreme Court of Terra to interpret the Constitution. The Supreme Court shall consist of ten justices appointed by the Prime Minister with two-thirds majority confirmation by Parliament. Justices shall serve twenty-year terms on a rotating schedule of appointment. Any Terran citizen is eligible for appointment as a justice.

Sec. 2. There shall be a uniform system of criminal and civil courts across Terra to hear complaints, bring proceedings against defendants, and uphold the law. The Minister of Justice shall retain the right to determine policies and procedures for establishing and filling judgeships, requiring juror service, and establishing offices of prosecution, public defense, public litigation, and other legal services.

ARTICLE V -- The Terran Armed Forces

Sec. 1. There shall be a military to protect and defend Terra that shall be overseen by the Minister of Defence and the Grand General of the Terran Armed Forces.

Sec. 2. The Ministry of Defence shall have the power to regulate the military, determine policies and procedures, and appoint Generals and Admirals.

Sec. 3. The Terran Armed Forces shall be obligated to defend the wellbeing and freedom of the Terran people from all apparent threats.

ARTICLE VI -- Regional Governments

Sec. 1. Each administrative region shall establish and elect members to a legislative assembly, determine term limits for elected officials, and commission election observers and ombudsmen.

Sec. 2. Laws passed at the regional level shall not violate the principles of the Terran Constitution or any laws passed by the national Parliament.

Sec. 3. Each administrative region shall elect a Governor as chief executive who may serve for a number of terms as determined by the individual administrative region.

Sec. 4. Any rights or duties neither granted to the national government nor prohibited to the administrative regions may be claimed by the legislative or executive officials of the administrative regions.

ARTICLE VII -- Charter of Rights and Liberties

Sec. 1. Any sentient being born or brought into existence by Terran citizens shall be a Terran citizen. Any sentient being may apply for Terran citizenship. Applications are to be reviewed by the Division of Citizenship and Immigration. If accepted, they will be considered Terran citizens.

Sec. 2. Terran citizens shall have the right to bear arms. All individuals shall have the right to defend themselves against any apparent threats to life, property, others, and individual liberties.

Sec. 3. No individual shall be drafted or conscripted into the Terran Armed Forces.

Sec. 4. All individuals charged with a crime shall have the right to a public, speedy trial with a fair, unbiased jury comprised of a diverse representation of Terran citizens. This right shall be protected in all circumstances regarding breaches of the law, both foreign and domestic. All individuals charged with a crime shall have the rights to directly confront the prosecutors and witnesses against them, to present evidence and witnesses in their defense, and to receive the assistance of counsel in their defence.

Sec. 5. No individual shall be arrested unlawfully or prosecuted without due process. The state may not compel any individual to self-incrimination or testimony against xemself, nor compel testimony from any individual in violation of a privileged relationship.

Sec. 6. Individual property shall not be seized or harmed unlawfully or without due process.

Sec. 7. All individuals shall have the right to freely communicate their ideas, beliefs and opinions. The public media shall not be censored. All persons shall have the right to meet in public assembly and to conduct peaceful protests and petitions.

Sec. 8. All individuals shall have the right to worship freely and openly in accordance with the law.

Sec. 9. The right of all individuals to assemble peacefully in public or in private, and to petition the government for redress of grievances, shall not be abridged.

Sec. 10. No individual shall be discriminated against by any government agent, appointee, official, or representative on the basis of actual or presumed age, color, disability, supernatural ability, race, ethnicity, national origin, size, religion, class, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, parental status, familial status, family responsibilities, political affiliation, personal appearance, source of income, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation in any government procedures or programs.

Sec. 11. The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Preamble and Article VII co-written by Nemo and I. Articles I -- VI written by Ylanne.

This is a working document drafted on 10 February 2013. It is subject to small revisions that will be noted.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!