Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Town of Elk River

The Town of Elk River

a part of “The Town of Elk River”, a fictional universe by Stark Contrast.

Elk River once existed as a haven for the supernatural, but when a new threat looms among the dense forests, it'll be everyone's lives at stake, whether one is Human or Supernatural. [Female apps on hold]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Town of Elk River”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Town of Elk River

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:07 pm

From what I can tell they're basically shapeshifters whose sole purpose seems to be to lead humanoids to their death. Able to shapeshift almost at will into whatever form will most appease those they're trying to lure rather than simply having a singular form and alternating between having a tail or legs.

Though they do seem to have also been the basis for mermaids in some mythology and of that I'm not certain but given the description listed in the RP I'd probably think they're probably capable of shifting their fins into legs.

On the other hand perhaps they're closer to the depiction of Nixie's as seen in the Pathfinder RPG where they're small humanoids with webbed hands and feet but generally appear humanish bar slightly greenish skin.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Hey, could I also have a little more information about imprinting? How it's done, and what an imprinted relationship is like? Thank you!
I was your cure, but you were my disease. I was saving you, while you were killing me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Horseygirl
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ☿Urania☿ on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Thou Ginny is completed! :3

☿Urania☿
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aurban16 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:09 am

I finished Olive!

aurban16
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀ on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:17 am

After much grief and heartache I am...done with Phillip and still working on my 2k word draft that's due in 5 hours (it's 3:10 AM rn). Anyway here's the other reservation. I'll have a WIP up on Monday or something since there's still the draft and my parents are coming up at 12 to visit lolol

Face Claim: Utkarsh Ambudkar
Race: Occult, Incubus

Clan/Family: Callidora
Link

ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:20 pm

I got a backlog of PM's to respond to, but I should probably address the questions in here first. Oh, I hope all of you had a nice Valentine's day yesterday and whatnot. This'll be a long post ^^

Lvdwilt2000 wrote:Almost got a WIP in for Vala but is she allowed to work at the cafe?

Sure that's fine with me

Fabricator wrote:As I'm so far the only hunter (unless I missed someone else reserving one), anyone fancy playing his protΓ©gΓ©? or at least someone who wants to apply for the role as he's not exactly looking for one. I kinda want someone to pester him into actually giving a damn primarily.

I've decided to go with John Hurt for the FC I think but I've got a couple of posts to get done tomorrow and also tidy the house up for someone sleeping in the spare room which is currently packed floor to ceiling with Christmas decorations I'm unable to single handedly put into the loft. So I'll probably get a WIP up sometime on Monday with an aim to finish it during Tuesday or at most by Thursday.

JacksColdSweat wrote:@ΰΌΌ ぀ β—•_β—• ༽぀, Aw yeah, incu bros for the win.
@IgnorantApathy, Well, succu sises are just as good, welcome to the clique xD

EDIT: @Fabricator, If Stark is cool with me taking another character, I'd actually be really interested in taking you up on that offer!

@Jack You haven't hit the limit for reservations or anything so if you want to make another character specifically for that role you can.

@Fabricator I'll be playing some of the NPC's as well throughout the RP so I'll probably be pming you about some relevant plot elements. Also, kudos for making an older character, didn't expect someone to go for it. I think your character would definitely be in a respected position in the Jaegers (Idk if you want him to apart of that particular clan on solo though)

Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚ wrote:
Working on Sibylle tonight, but I'd also like to reserve another spot if that's alright.

FC: Sakaguchi Kentaro
Race: Human, Venatore
Clan/Family: Possibly Jaeger
https://41.media.tumblr.com/de0b8d1e2f1 ... o1_500.png

Also, this is just a request - but for characters that are apart of a clan and do not possess the surname of that can, can we get some sort of list or could that information be put in the roster? Just because with the large amount of characters (which is really lovely!) it's hard to keep up with who's with who and all of that. ^^

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea, though it'll take me some time to track down just what everyone is and where they are, I'll get on ASAP. Also, I'll try and do what Fabricator suggested with the character portraits in the Clans and Families section so we have a reference point for everything.

Horseygirl wrote:Would anyone be interested in having a relationship chart of sorts? Something to see how the characters feel about each other? I find they are often quite helpful. That way people are kind of forced to ask people how their characters should interact, and some people decide to make potential love interests, enemies, friends, ect. It makes it interesting! If people are interested, I'd be willing to make one!

I'm a little busy right now, but if someone wants to make the chart I'll gladly make the thread ^^

JacksColdSweat wrote:I agree with the whole relationship thread, yeah. It also makes it a hell of a lot easier to see exactly who needs to be spoken to about discussing things.

But also! Suuuuper quick question for Stark. Just to be clear, so I don't mess up or anything, nixies do have the ability to shift their lower half into human halves, right? And if so, are there any terms on it? Like, they can only do it for a specified amount of time each day, stuff like that. Thanks!

Yes, they can, but the closer in proximity they are to water and the longer they stay in water the more likely their chances of transforming. Outside of water, they are able to keep a fully human form for convenience.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Hey Stark! I have been browsing RP's and came across this - I simply couldn't get this one out of my head. It is clear that you've put a lot of time and effort into this, and I would love to be a part of it. Here are the two characters that I would like to submit for consideration. I will begin to work on my character sheets straight away.

::First Character::

Face Claim: Kerli Koiv
Race: Occult - Nixie
Clan/Family: N/A
Black and White Photo: Option 1 || Option 2 || Option 3

::Second Character::

Face Claim: Samuel Larsen
Race: Human... (I was thinking, just having him as a regular old human. Nothing special, but really that is dependent on what you think. Otherwise, I suppose he could be a Familiar, or I could always work something else out.)
Clan/Family: N/A
Black and White Photo: Option 1 || Option 2 || Option 3 || Option 4

As for what my favorite movie is... I dunno. That's a really hard question >.<
I guess right now, I'd say:
Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Hobbit Trilogy, Donnie Darko, Men In Black (all), Jurassic Park (all), Indiana Jones (Temple/Raiders/Crusade), The Boxtrolls, Castle In The Sky... really anything Studio Ghibli. This list could easily go on...
y do i have a ƒΡΡℓเɳɠ ᡗʰⁱ˒ ⁱ˒ ᡃ ᴑᴇΙͺΚ€α΄…ΚŸΚ α΄‡ΚŸα΄€Κ™α΄Κ€α΄€α΄›α΄‡ Υβ„β…ˆtβ„™αͺՏt

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:08 pm

GoriexGorie wrote:
::Second Character::

Face Claim: Samuel Larsen
Race: Human... (I was thinking, just having him as a regular old human. Nothing special, but really that is dependent on what you think. Otherwise, I suppose he could be a Familiar, or I could always work something else out.)

That's fine, and I think it'll be a fresh addition to our already wonderful cast of characters. I was thinking there might not be anyone who wanted to play human characters except for myself for a second. though that's to be expected when you have more interesting options I guess.

@Everyone else
I've updated the front page as well as the first post, and accepted some more characters, I also added player characters to the clans and families thread as well as designated them on the front page for convenience. I'll start working on the Relationship Sheet template in a bit, and might have the thread up by later today or even tomorrow. I actually have a lot of relations I want to string out between multiple characters, I just need to collect my thoughts and make it all cohesive. So some of you should expect PM's, but of course you can always send me one in case you want something between your character(s) and mine. ^^ I'll be around!

EDIT:
>Realizes I spelled Incubus and Succubi wrong in Intro
>Wants to throw self into oncoming traffic

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aurban16 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:53 pm

For the characters of note... if we interact with them, are you going to do their roleplaying, or can we do whatever we want. I'm just asking because my character is in a relationship with one of them?

aurban16
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:13 pm

aurban16 wrote:For the characters of note... if we interact with them, are you going to do their roleplaying, or can we do whatever we want. I'm just asking because my character is in a relationship with one of them?

No, you can do the rping yourself for that character unless there is something plot specific that I need that character for, otherwise you're free to control their actions unless I say otherwise.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Ahhh I'm so excited about this RP!!!!! So loving all the characters and I'm absolutely thrilled to see so much genuine interest in this RP!! You guys are awesome ^_^ <3

*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"μžμ‚΄μ€ 고톡을 없애주지 μ•ŠλŠ”λ‹€. 단지 λ‹€λ₯Έ μ‚¬λžŒμ—κ²Œ 고톡을 μ „κ°€ μ‹œν‚¬ 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚ on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Sibylle is just about done. All I need to do is write out her personality segment which will be completed tomorrow. Note though, I changed her registered age from 21 to 18 and she is now a student studying instrumental music.

Koji will have more done tomorrow. Initially I was going to make him a 19 year old student, if you saw, but now he's a 23 year old novelist and hunter.

...Leave it to me to make two (albeit different) serial killers for one roleplay. Well! This should be fun!

I'm also looking forward to this roleplay, the response for it is incredible and I have to admire you, Stark Contrast, for all the work you're doing for this. Also, thank you for including the clans in the roaster, it helps a lot actually hahah. ^^

Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Stark, Clarissa is finished and submitted~! :) I will begin work on my male character tomorrow, and I hope to have him up tomorrow (if not, he'll be up Tuesday afternoon after I'm out of class).

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:30 am

Hm... May I please reserve...

FC: Jamie Chung
Race: Alpha

FC: Lucy Hale
Race: Nixie

Oh, and as for favourite movie..... Too hard to pick! The Breakfast Club, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Beauty and the Beast, the Mummy, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are just a few of my faves! :)

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverLutik on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Hello! I've now been made aware of the existence of this one and frankly I should have looked into it some myself. Well in any case I would like to reserve Dane Dehaan, 18, Lycan

My favorite movie would be Night Watch.
x Thanks
"Wake me when what terrible thing is going to happen, happens, or if it appears I might get wet."
-Mogget

SilverLutik
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey Stark! Harrison has been submitted too! I just have to fix a few coding issues in the middle and add his songs to the top, but other than that, his info is all there :) I'll finish this up later today! :)

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Going to post this on all the RP's I'm a part of right now:::

While some lucky bastards are getting snow, we're getting an ice storm.....
Unlike fun fluffy snow, Ice causes a crapload of power outages, downed lines, and etc. fun stuff. So, while I think it would be reasonable for power to come back on within a day if it does go out, I remember an icestorm back when I was kid and we had no power for almost a week, so I figured I'd post here and just let you guys know what's up in advance if I stop coming online. Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, it shouldn't be as bad as the storm I'm remember from childhood.....unless the meteorologist are wrong, which could TOTALLY be the case.

Besides getting some really epic photos of ice on trees, Ice storms suck! I want snow Mother Nature, you jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =( >.>

(I can't see this RP starting in the next day or two so this shouldn't be an issue for this RP..still figured I'd post it.)

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚ on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:08 pm

I hope the ice storm hitting you will be merciful, not having power is seriously dreadful. Good luck and stay safe!

Anyways, I finished Sibylle and will be working on Koji more now. Also, if anyone is interested in plotting go ahead and shoot me a message, I'll probably do the same later when reading through profiles.

Quick notes on Sibylle for those interested, one for Koji will come later as he's being finished.

Sibylle Steinmann
Vampire | 189 / '18' | Student, Music - Instrumental | Downtown | Hospital Volunteer
Essentially a woman who wiped away her humanity for survival, her instinct to continue living - even violently - is strong. Having married into a mostly extinct clan known as 'Steinmann' that built themselves on the philosophy that vampires are the master race and are right to inherit their blood lust she is a supremacist and considers all other occult species and humans to be inferior to her and other vampires. However, she loathes vampires that refrain from drinking human blood and considers them traitors of their own kind. Cunning, self-serving, methodical and unstable, while she knows how to don the right masks to make anyone a fool she is inherently dependent. Dependent on using humans for her food source she travels frequently to continue murdering in order to remain strong enough to resist the eternal sleep, otherwise she will steal blood bags from hospitals. Additionally she is dependent on her masks and charms to maintain wealth, often taking advantage of 'sugar daddies' to sustain her luxurious lifestyle, which typically ends in her feeding on them. Considered a musical prodigy (though she has had over a century to practice playing and composing for various instruments, especially violin) Sibylle's only passion seems to be of music, and of collecting fine china.

Β’Οƒβ„“βˆ‚
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 am

So unfortunately. upon attempting to update the character roster today I was met with a site error that wouldn't let me past no matter what I did, so I decided to take the roster out of the opening and put it into a new thread (surprisingly this is somewhat more convenient). So from here on out you can go to the thread for roster updates, it is also linked in the Introduction.

elk-river-the-characters-t94787.html#p2058702

EDIT; as far as the first post is concerned all roles excluding humans have at least 1 spot open. I've decided that we definitely need more males in this RP, so Female Apps are on hold until further notice, and I'll see about making a Relationship Thread today, as I'm trying to figure out if there should be a division between character identities. I'm thinking of going with a split between adults and students.

Here's that thread:
elk-river-relationship-thread-t94788.html

Hopefully we'll get started soon, but we still have some unfinished sheets so I'm being patient. My goal for starting is Thursday or Friday if possible.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lvdwilt2000 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:51 am

Hayley will be done soon
ImageImage

Lvdwilt2000
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!