Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

The Town of Elk River

The Town of Elk River

a part of “The Town of Elk River”, a fictional universe by Stark Contrast.

Elk River once existed as a haven for the supernatural, but when a new threat looms among the dense forests, it'll be everyone's lives at stake, whether one is Human or Supernatural. [Female apps on hold]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Town of Elk River”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Town of Elk River

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 pm

▌✖▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓✖ ▌
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Welcome one and welcome all! I'm going to go ahead and guess
that you've already read the rules (you better have), anyhow here is the place
where all the random OOC chatter shall take place, as well as reservations.
This roleplay took me a hella long time to put together, and any interest is kindly
appreciated. Anyhow, you may call me Stark, and I'll be your guide to this adventure!

Let's talk about just how one goes about reserving a spot in this RP, first of all I must
insist that you read the rules posted in the introduction before you go any further as it
contains some pretty important information, if you've done that already we can move
on to the next part. Just type down and post these few details so I'm sure we're on level
with one another.

These are required
Face Claim (as you noticed I don't have a list of FC's on the Intro, I mentioned
I was far too lazy to make one up so you can choose whatever you like as long as it's
age appropriate for whatever type of character you'll be playing (i.e Adult or Student))
Race (Is your character(s) an Occult or a Human?)

These are optional
Age (If you have one set up already)
Clan/Family (Check the other OOC Thread for this)
A link to a black and white picture of your FC
(This is super optional and only if you want to be a darling
and suck up to me make my life easier when I add your character
portrait to the intro, otherwise ignore it. :)

For each Occult Species there are 4 spots open (excluding my own
characters and adult characters in general)this is so we have a variety
of Occult and not too many of the same species) I'll put a list here to
remind everyone what's reserved and whatnot. (I suggest that you make
a student character before making any adult characters.)

Vampires
Spots Open: 1

☒☒☒

Lycans

☒☒☒

Familiars

☒☒☒

Incubi & Succubi

☒☒☒

Espers (two more roles added)

☒☒☒☒☒

Alphas (two more roles added)

☒☒☒☒☒

Nixies
Spots Open: 0

☒☒☒☒

Humans
Spots Open: 2

☒☒☑☑
Last edited by Stark Contrast on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stark Contrast
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: The Town of Elk River

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IgnorantApathy on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Face Claim: Barbara Palvin
(I'll PM a link to a picture)

Race: Occult - Familiar

Age: Unsure of the exact age right now, but she will be a student.

OOC: My favourite movie at the moment is Smokey and The Bandit.

I'll most likely be reserving another character after completing or at least being close to completing this one, if that's okay. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IgnorantApathy
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Face Claim: Jeremy Allen White
Race: Occult, Esper

Age: 24 (I may lower this, but it'll likely stay around the early twenties)
Clan/Family: Magdelena (although he isn't entirely sure he agrees with
Link to photo

My favorite movie is undecided, but I am currently mad that the Lego Movie got snubbed at the Oscars
Last edited by ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lvdwilt2000 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Face claim is: Phoebe Tonkin

Race: Lycan- (I don't know what familiar or so on is so please explain read page a lot just don't understand)

OOC: My favorite Movie is Grease but I also really love Fault in my stars can't make my mind up.

I am getting really good at BBCoding but I still would love to learn more.
ImageImage

Lvdwilt2000
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mei on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Face Claim: Shailene Woodley

Race: Esper

OOC: My favorite movie at the moment is Divergent. Love it!
"It doesn't matter how many relationships we seem to have. We're all alone."

Mei
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Alright, I'll add the character portraits to the opening once the CS's are submitted even if they're WIP's. (IgnorantApathy is exempt from this since they are the Co-GM)

I'm gonna also mention that if your character is in their early twenties they can still attend the art school, though supposedly for their major. (There isn't really an arts college in the Town, so The school will have to do for those more creatively oriented). Of course this is optional. Also, if you can mention whether or not your character will be an adult or student, that'd be great. If they are an Adult you can mention their occupation too, and adults can also be students.

Lvdwilt2000 wrote:Face claim is: Phoebe Tonkin

Race: Lycan- (I don't know what familiar or so on is so please explain read page a lot just don't understand)

OOC: My favorite Movie is Grease but I also really love Fault in my stars can't make my mind up.

I am getting really good at BBCoding but I still would love to learn more.

A Familiar is an Occult that can turn into any animal at will, they can also use their abilities in their normal human form (i.e The strength of a Gorilla, the speed of a cheetah).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Stark Contrast
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ☿Urania☿ on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Face Claim;Saoirse ronan
Race;Occult, Vampire
Age; 20
Occupation; Literature Student
Clan/Family; Delacroix
[link]

I will also reserve another character :O

Face Claim;Elle Fanning
Race;Occult, Alpha
Age; 17
Clan/Family; Magdelena
[link]

Hmmm I think my favorite movie right now is Byzantium :D
Last edited by ☿Urania☿ on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

☿Urania☿
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lvdwilt2000 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Okay well does that mean my character needs that? And if so am I reserved?

Lvdwilt2000
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Lvdwilt2000 wrote:Okay well does that mean my character needs that? And if so am I reserved?

Well you said she was a Lycan, so no she wouldn't need it, and you've been reserved as long as you send in a WIP I'll add your character portrait to the Intro of the RP. Also, I'll have to get to the first post in here a little later as I'm not home right now.

Stark Contrast
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ¢σℓ∂ on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Face Claim: Kim Ji-yeon / Kei
Race: Occult, Vampire
Clan: Delacroix (Subject to Change)
Apparently I can't post proper links yet.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/0590fda3064 ... o1_500.png

CS WIP will be posted later this evening.
or tomorrow smh.

Edit :: Forgot this, my bad!
My favorite movie (or one of them) is Confessions. ^^
Last edited by ¢σℓ∂ on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

¢σℓ∂
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:28 pm

You forgot the password ^^

Also, one more thing before I go, If your character happens to be a Lycan, Vampire, or Incubus/Succubi that doesn't mean that a relation to the Delacroix, Geroux-Faelan, or Callidora Families are required. Just in case anybody didn't want that.

Stark Contrast
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lvdwilt2000 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Hey

Submitted. Also can she be born originally in Australian and moved here a few years ago? Also what clan should she join? Let me know!

Lvdwilt2000
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Face Claim: : Joana Groeblinghoff
Race: : Lycan
Clan/Family: : Geroux

Ooc: my fav movie would have to be the Book Theif. Also, my character will beblind. She can see faint shadows of people, but that is it. :)
I was your cure, but you were my disease. I was saving you, while you were killing me.

Horseygirl
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Face Claim: Kyle Ellison
Race: Incubus
Family: Callidora (Though I'm thinking of making him someone who's detached himself from his family name, if that'd be alright with you!)
[Link]

To be honest, this changes on, like, a daily basis. Currently it's a massive toss up between Snatch, V for Vendetta, or The Raven.
And actually, if you'd be alright with it, I'd love to take on another character! This one would probably be a student I'm thinking.

Face Claim: Willa Holland
Race: Nixie
[Link]

This looks really interesting, and I'm excited to be a part of this, thanks!
And the lies we said at breakfast,
Won't match the lies we had for lunch.
And the lies we told for dinner, yeah for dinner,
They're the tallest of the bunch.

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Submitted my WIP. I'm having problems uploading an icon and such but hopefully it'll be done soon

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm certainly quite interested in this, and I'll have to have a look around for a FC and such. I'm likely to be busy the next few days due to RL events but once that's over with I'll work on getting something in.

I'd like to reserve An Alpha Venatores if possible.
Can I ask what the lifespan of Alpha's is likely to be? Same for Venatores in case that effects it.
Mainly asking as I was planning a rather well trained hunter who's been at his work for quite a while now.

Also my film tastes vary but I've always been a fan of Young Frankenstein.
Though I do adore Big Hero 6 after watching it last night.

Farewell for now.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:45 am

Hello! I would like to make a reservation :D

Face Claim: Juno Temple
Race: Occult // Esper
Clan/Family: Jaegers
Link: x

Face Claim: Ksenia Solo
Race: Occult // Familiar
Clan/Family: Jaegers
Link: x
Favorite Movie: Divergent

Temperance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:07 am

Just WOW, the amount of effort you put into this story and the main page is amazing!! I'd love to reserve a character!!!:

Dominika Solo|19|Alpha(Occult)|Student/Librarian Asst.
(Water[Ice] Manipulation)
Clan: Magdelena

It's hard for me to just pick one favorite flick, so my top five would probably be:
Jurassic Park (I've seen it a million times and it's like-new and bundles of fun every single time i re-watch it!),
Twister (This is like my Jurassic Park 2.0, but I've seen JP many more times than Twister.),
Fantasia (The Original Fantasia from Walt Disney has been a fav. since I was a kid, could watch it forever.),
Priest (My Kind of Vampires, twisted and mostly-fugly!<3),
& Tommy (I'm the daughter of a Hippie, what can i say! xD)!!
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aurban16 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:44 am

Holy cow. Bravo to you for all this work. This must have taken ages.

FC: Roxane Mesquida
Race: Alpha
Link: X

Favorite Movie: The WIzard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time.

And I was wondering if she could possibly have a romantic relationship with Isaiah Frost?

aurban16
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:00 pm

Fabricator wrote:I'm certainly quite interested in this, and I'll have to have a look around for a FC and such. I'm likely to be busy the next few days due to RL events but once that's over with I'll work on getting something in.

I'd like to reserve An Alpha Venatores if possible.
Can I ask what the lifespan of Alpha's is likely to be? Same for Venatores in case that effects it.
Mainly asking as I was planning a rather well trained hunter who's been at his work for quite a while now.

Also my film tastes vary but I've always been a fan of Young Frankenstein.
Though I do adore Big Hero 6 after watching it last night.

Farewell for now.

Well it could depend on one's abilities (i.e immortality, or Anti-Aging but I could imagine an Alpha living well past their hundreds in comparison to normal humans. Ah. I really liked BH6 as well, great movie :)

~Lonesome Butterfly~ wrote:Just WOW, the amount of effort you put into this story and the main page is amazing!! I'd love to reserve a character!!!:

Dominika Solo|19|Alpha(Occult)|Student/Librarian Asst.
(Water[Ice] Manipulation)

It's hard for me to just pick one favorite flick, so my top five would probably be:
Jurassic Park (I've seen it a million times and it's like-new and bundles of fun every single time i re-watch it!),
Twister (This is like my Jurassic Park 2.0, but I've seen JP many more times than Twister.),
Fantasia (The Original Fantasia from Walt Disney has been a fav. since I was a kid, could watch it forever.),
Priest (My Kind of Vampires, twisted and mostly-fugly!<3),
& Tommy (I'm the daughter of a Hippie, what can i say! xD)!!

Who is your FC?

aurban16 wrote:
Holy cow. Bravo to you for all this work. This must have taken ages.

FC: Roxane Mesquida
Race: Alpha
Link: X

Favorite Movie: The WIzard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time.

And I was wondering if she could possibly have a romantic relationship with Isaiah Frost?

Thank you ^^
The picture you choose is a too small unfortunately, I need something that's at least bigger than 300x300 but smaller than 1000x1000. So like medium sized would be perfect, though it also depends on how closely photographed everything is, as long as I can crop the face I can use the pic.

Sure. she can be in a relationship with Isaiah.

The front page is updated with all the submitted characters so far, later I'll be making it so that once you click the image it'll link you to the profile. I'll get to the first post in a jiffy though. I would like for there is to be more male characters although this is not a requirement for anyone wishing to reserve right now.

Stark Contrast
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!