Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Trantor Fleet Engagement (CK Incursion, Battle #1)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Trantor Fleet Engagement (CK Incursion, Battle #1)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 pm

I think Jii had his post written out before my brief reply, which should have been the end of this.

Essentially, his rules were written by a child with the idea of making RP equitable at the heart of them. Unfortunately, any one who is educated enough can rip them apart and make them behave however they wish them to behave, mainly because of poor wording.

I acknowledge that the spirit of the rules that Jii posted is the same as the spirit of the rules that I posted, but mine are less likely to be abused due to their legalistic and non-karst language. I mean, yes, explaining rules by plethora of examples and analogies and such is great for morons, but it isn't the morons rules were made for, but the abusers who will look for a way around anything to get what they want.
conditio sine qua non

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 pm

Hmm... Really gotta tell ya, trying hard not to say what I'm thinking at the moment.

Circ is correct with me having written that post earlier. I had gone offline to make it, during which time more posts were made. However, since I was responding to something Fractal had said, I didn't bother editting or adding onto it.

Rather than saying what I'm thinking... Fractal. Yes, you were confused. Sadly, no. I don't wish to clear up that confusion. Circ. I found the rules you wrote to be vague and more vulnerable to abuse than the ones I wrote (A kid now, am I? Not sure which I like more, the moron insult or that). Abusers and Morons go hand in hand, and there be far more morons out there than clever cheaters, who are morons if they think they can get around my rules. As I had told one person in the ClanNation Council Forum, I tried to sum the rules up as much as possible without being as anal enough to literally include every little thing that would be considered against the rules (Since most of it is just common sense anyway). And since the rules need to be understood by everyone and anyone who reads, educated or not, analogies make things easier for newbies to understand, who are more likely to end up breaking rules than veterans are.

So yes, there is a reason for everything. However, a better question would be, why are we still having a fascination with the rules?
{ The Bloody Baron of ClanNation }
Son of the Legendary Ancient One

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jii
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:33 pm

My Sentiments

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aliana on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Sentiments?

Aliana
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 pm

As much as I'm loving these adorable images... *Cuddles that kitty* >.<

They really aren't all that constructive. Mayhaps people should focus less on this trivial matter and put more attention towards the actual battle itself?

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:05 am

Fractal, confused?

Nah.

I'd say he's accurate in what he said.

Oh, and my nanosuit?

A Fallen Warrior am I, as I lay upon my back, knowing as I raise my eyes to the skies, as I lose the battle of my life, that I will never see again...those that I love. Blood and tears flow gently down my face as I await the final judgment...knowing that I am forever free, yet forever damned as I close my eyes and release my breath for the final time...

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain....It's time to toss the dice...Mat Cauthon-Robert Jordan...Wheel of Time series

"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." - Vivi

"Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?" - Steiner

"To be forgotten is worse than death." - Freya

"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Amarant.

LitomoSilver
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:21 am

I just don't care to respond, to be honest. He asked for me to hastily tell him he was wrong if he was. So I did, without bothering to explain why. And it wasn't even really important either, I mean this isn't some therapy session or political debate. Actually its not even really a debate at all, I think some people are under the impression that it is, though. I wasn't compromising with the rules themselves, just in how they were worded/who wrote them, which is what Circ even said he had done anyway. The rules weren't changed, nor am I going to change them. Its really not my problem that you people were left out of the loop of things in the first place, and I'm not going to go out of my way to rectify said issues.

If you were indeed not aware of things prior to this war? And if you absolutely can not handle the terms of participation in this event? Then it is perfectly understandable if you wish to excuse yourself. As I said before. Don't like it? Feel free to leave. Its as simple as that. But either way? Knock off the whining and cut the crap, cause I really don't wanna hear it. As for your personal opinions about me? Keep them, along with the drama whoring, out of this OOC Thread and the IC Threads. Odds are, you people are likely doing far more back door badmouthing than anything else. Which is fine. You can waste your time riling each other up and trying to come up with clever insults for me or other CKers. But keep it in there. None of us really give a damn about any of it, and I'm done buying into such antics in here.

That's the last thing I'm going to say. Unless anyone has anything to say relative to the IC posts, I'm just going to ignore it.

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:56 am

For the record, I wasn't calling you a moron. Although I might do that if you continue to say something is vague with no supporting evidence or examples. Maybe the problem is as you suggested, not everyone is educated enough to understand fairly typical English.

At any rate, the only good argument you've potentially brought up against them is that they might be hard to understand (demonstrable by comments you've previously made, and can be quoted if necessary), which, albeit regrettable, is still an important factor. Note that hard to understand is different from vague.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 am

It's a fun fact to know, that the majority of us haven't actually insulted you, and while you continue to display this attitude of yours to us as well as a blatant unwillingness to cooperate and try to reach a compromise, where we can come up with rules that everyone can agree on.

After all that, do you honestly expect us not to feel even the slightest bit annoyed towards you?

Yes, there is going to be back door badmouthing about you, that's obvious, and we know the same is probably happening about us, judging by someone you actually told us yourself was a hot-head.

I believe you wanted to know what exactly was wrong with the rules, as did Rize, and I made an honest attempt to come up with partial rule-set that incorporates the interests of both parties. As for being left out of the loop-hole with things, that's not something I'm willing to accept as justification for why we should follow your rules and obey your demands without question, let alone the fact that you'd rather simply ignore us.

I could point IC-stuff that has pissed me off by you specifically, however that's too late now - because I already posted. But it had to do with the lack of explanation for how exactly you escaped the Dark Realm. I can understand cracking a code, but how you broke apart the code, what went into it, what tools did you use? I wouldn't have had a problem with you escaping, had you at least not boiled it all down into one post, that basically didn't even give me a chance to respond to your post.

Literally - it didn't.

I'm not going to press the issue, however I would like an explanation, partially because people in chat have been talking about it as well, as the fact that some have become suspicious of meta-gaming, (myself partially, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions because of the PM, I sent you.) but like I said, I just want a detailed explanation of how it was done.

I've pretty much given massive explanations, already for my own stuff and would appreciate it if you would do the same for me.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:31 pm

I could point IC-stuff that has pissed me off by you specifically, however that's too late now - because I already posted. But it had to do with the lack of explanation for how exactly you escaped the Dark Realm. I can understand cracking a code, but how you broke apart the code, what went into it, what tools did you use?

Responding to this because it was relative to the IC Thread.

Getting pissed off when you were the one who chose not to ask any questions is irrational, don't you think? Even when you had done what you did before, I was calm through most of the questions until things started to get heated. But that's irrelevent now.

The explanation that I gave before, which Fractal was saying how it could have been condensed (Not really), included the answers you seek now. The whole Transfer process took only a few minutes, as they had already obtained the Dimensional Coordinates for New Terra's orbital region due to having been there prior. I actually did give extensive details on everything. Its not my fault if people didn't read it (And really, I tried to make it as easy to understand as possible too).

Before the concept of time. Before the concept of the existence that is. Before thought itself… There was nothing. Total, nothing. An idea that is beyond the understanding of us, who despite even our creative minds, are unable to fathom a TRUE state of nothingness. But…in order for there to be nothing…there must be something. The sheer conflict gave rise to the first thought, the first contemplation. “If there is a nothing, then there has to be a something.” And this simple thought, was that something. And this something became the first awareness. Born from the desire of there needing to be something. It continued to ask questions, continued to contemplate concepts. As it asked its questions, it gave birth to more things, more aspects of existence, until soon the vast and infinitely expanding Omniverse came to be.

The Omniverse, an accumulation of whole universes, each spawned from the endless cycle of alternatives made by every tiny piece in but one. A butterfly in the middle of nowhere lands upon a leaf…but with this small, insignificant act, it has given rise to a multitude of parallel universes. An eternal stream of “what ifs” that are carried out. Just as artists paint a wonderfully entrancing scene of immense beauty, a place that to them exists but a mere fictional wonderland deep inside their imagination, so to does this create other worlds…other possibilities. To the artist, it is but a simple picture. But that picture has merely become an image of but a single place in the world he has just invented, which lives on as a real place in another dimension unbeknownst to him.

The possibilities are endless, yet not without restraint. For nothing can exist outside of our own comprehension, having been born from ourselves…

As such, the Omniverse itself is bound within set parameters, a solid foundation of absolutes and definitions. The basis of any thought. These Absolutes and Definitions come together to detail the very fabric of reality, and all life which resides within it. The coding of the universe, a series of chains composed of definitions which come together to state existence, acknowledged as such by the Omniverse which houses them.

There are two primary Planes of Existence in which people interact. The “Material Plane”, which is subject to the laws of science and logic, as it was originally created. And the “Spiritual Plane”, the realm of pure life, the very source of the self. The proof of self-existence, the “Soul” comprises a person’s awareness, their thoughts, memories, emotions, personality…their very identity. The Spiritual Plane is without tangible limits, without physical shapes and sizes. It is not something which can be measured or gauged, not something that can be traversed or described as some “place”. Each universe has its own Material and Spiritual Planes, and others may have additional planes of existence, or sub-planes which branch out from these two primaries. These sub-planes can vary quite often, and in many strange and different ways. Yet the Absolutes will always remain the same, there will always be a Material and Spiritual Plane.

The Material Plane is a creation born of the many questions asked by the “Core Consciousness” which invented everything. It is a realm of order, a realm of structure and process. It is the product of thought and precision. Yet, the Spiritual Plane differs greatly, and is a realm not bound by the same laws. In nature, it is the complete opposite of the Material Plane, more chaotic. Though there exists natural laws which govern the interactions between the two existences, the Spiritual Plane, which is a place where there IS no box to think outside of, where that thought is allowed to roam freely and unencumbered, is not always subject to these rules… And when the Spiritual Plane DOES cross into the physical realm…so to do the laws which govern it as well.

The Spiritual Plane can cause adverse effects upon the physical world, as the ways and systems of the Material being do not apply to that which exists upon a higher level. Such powers as demonstrated by those known as “Psionics”, beings who can freely control this power, defy all reason and logic, leaving scientists baffled beyond compare. The power of “Telekinesis” being a prime example of which, as a person causes an object to move with their thoughts alone… These powers stem forth from the Spiritual Plane, and they are considered “irregularities” within the coding of the Material Plane.

Magic works upon a similar function, taking its reality bending capabilities from the Spiritual Plane, yet working within the Material Plane as a set structure. While Spiritual Powers are more chaotic in nature, Magical Spells consist of more order, as instead of imposing the Caster’s will upon the coding to break it apart, it is literally a process of “re-writing” the coding. A single Spell is a code, in and of itself. Everything about it, from its elemental properties right down to its physical reactions and effects and interactions with the surrounding environment. All of these things are contained within a single spell, even the most basic ones. Magic is, in essence, the process of self-creation. There are, however, strict laws which restrict the possibilities of Magic, preventing it from completely re-writing the foundation of the universe. Like a built-in security program, which keeps irregularities in check and is designed to allow a certain degree of alteration by maintaining the “core coding”. This stops people from removing important chains, such as races, individuals, etc. These absolutes may not be touched nor edited, and attempting to do such would destroy the very foundation on which all creation rests.

In Magic, the coding of the universe is explained as “Ethereal Particles”. These particles are invisible, and cannot be touched nor interacted with upon a physical level. They exist within all matter, anti-matter…everything that can be considered existence. When a Psionic uses Telekinesis to move a vase, they are interacting with the Ethereal Particles present within the vase, which in turn cause it to move and disregard the set parameters of the Material Plane, making the impossible, possible. When a Magi performs a simple Fire Spell, the Ethereal Particles react, and are used to substitute the lack of chemicals and ignition normally required to make a flame, and produce fire from thin air.

Spiritual Powers and Magical Spells can be used in a vast number of ways, and there is no one singular method for using them. The idea of Ethereal Particles is just one such understanding of how these two operate within the Material Plane, while others may use more religious themes and beliefs. Regardless, all are correct, and all are feasible methods.

In Magica, the ancient knowledge preserved by the Magisterium, there exists a means in which to create an “Artificial Awareness”, a man-made soul. By creating a fake identity, specific memories and installing set purposes and commands, while designing it so that after conception, it can no longer be tampered with, its possible to manufacture a spirit that will do exactly what you want, when you want, for as long as you want it to, without having it ever complain. These artificial spirits are then bound to a physical “Construct”, to embody the awareness and give birth to an actual being that is under complete and total control. This is the exact same process used to the development of “Manah”.

Manah is used in the integration of Magic in Technology, and it comes in two forms. Light and Solid, the two mainstream Construct types. The Light Manah is used to replace circuitry, and mainly consists of outgoing data, while the Solid Manah is used for feedback and regulation of the data sent and received. A process very much similar to a person’s nervous system. Far superior to the power and speed of the most advanced computers ever, Manah can be used for a wide variety of functions and purposes, which saves greatly on space, time, and energy. It also makes things that, originally would be deemed impossible by science, an actual reality. Expanding the scope of what is and isn’t possible, which allows for greater innovation and a quicker development and evolutionary process of technology.

The Aesir Empire is an example of such, originating from a world where Magic is common place. Chief Director Marduk, of the Empire’s Science and Technology Department, is the one who gave this knowledge to the inhabitants of Vana’diel, and their society evolved drastically as a result. Using this, they quickly began to harness the power of the Crystals, a natural mineral found all over their planet, even in the skies. The Crystals are a result of the thin boundaries between their Material Plane and Spiritual Plane, which has caused the Spiritual Energy to bleed through, taking the physical form of clear crystals, each with their own unique elemental properties which are the result of where they manifest. To extract this power, CCMs are used (Crystal Conversion Matrix) to release their innate properties as needed in small amounts. Crystals demonstrate power which far exceeds anything known to date, and serves as a pure and clean source of energy. And what’s more, there is little to no risk at all in there being any kind of malfunction in the extraction systems or if the crystals themselves are damaged. The power locked inside their physical structuring is completely useless without a CCM to extract it. However, the energy that IS extracted can prove to be dangerous if not handled carefully, which is why only the amount needed is released instead.

To date, the only kind of weapon which uses its own CCM as its power source, is the Empire’s “U-Cannon”, which is short for “ULTIMA”. Just as for hand held firearms, Force Crystals are used, which can produce large quantities of Kinetic Energy. Thus far, only the Warships in the 9th and 8th Imperial Fleets are armed with these destructive weapons, yet they still lack in comparison to the infamous “Creation Cannons” that serve as the Main Guns of the Flagship Sparta and Evangeline.

While the ULTIMA Cannon unleashes a bolt of raw kinetic force that is an impact weapon designed to punch through heavily armored enemy ships and physical defenses, such as force fields and is also a proven effective weapon against the Empire’s own FDS System. The Creation Cannon is capable of destroying an entire planet in a single shot, by unleashing amounts of the high density energy siphoned from a cosmic “Big Bang” prior to its inflation stage, which has been dubbed as “Creation Energy” due to it being taken from the forces which created a universe. Creation Cannons are capable of an Energy Magnitude of 2 (E.M. Rating 2), a unit created to express huge amounts of energy on the universal scale, with magnitude 1 defined as the average total amount of energy emitted by a star approximately the same size as Sol in one microsecond (millionth of a second). In this notation, the amount of energy expressed goes up by a factor of one thousand with each magnitude, so the energy indicated by magnitude 9 is one septillion times the amount of energy indicated by magnitude 1. The blast released from the cannon is a mixture of Thermal Particles and Kinetic Energy, but on scales which far exceed typical Energy Weaponry, as the force released is also far beyond what even U-Cannons are capable of producing.

Unlike other kinds of energy weapons, which face common energy storage problems which reduce their overall performance, Creation Cannons draw from a large, already prepared reservoir of immense energy. This is made possible with the Creation Engine, which is a device incorporating a Time-Space System which is produced and operated via Solid Manah, in the same fashion as a Transfer System. This Dimensional Technology works by directly altering the coding within a set spatial perimeter to change its location within the Omniverse. An easy to understand example of this would be that every Alternate Universe has a set of descriptions and classifications. To further simplify this, we could say the “Starting” Universe is labeled as 100023023024562345, which would be its “Dimensional Coordinates”. By simply changing one of these numbers, we access a completely different universe by copying the coding within the Transfer Zone, and then pasting it in the new universe, thus “transferring” the data.

Due to the sheer magnitude of Creation Energy, regular methods of handling the power prove ineffective, and so TS-Fields are used instead to control the energy by reflecting them into another dimension. Due to the small window of opportunity there is to siphon the Creation Energy from its vast high density body before the inflation occurs, even with this advanced extraction process only a small portion of what is actually present can be harnessed. During this process, the energy taken is stored within an artificial dimension where the passing of time is greatly reduced, allowing the extraction process to finish gathering before closing the link and then redirecting the flow back out into normal space again. The end result is the massive blast that is unleashed from the Creation Cannon in the form of a steady stream of energy, similar to compressed air being let out of a small opening. The same TS-Fields are used to direct the blast once fired, making an actual beam that travels in a straight line with no recoil.

Since the Creation Cannons are so powerful, the Aesir Empire has placed great restrictions upon its use, and force all ships equipped with them to abide by a firm policy of emergency use only. The Creation Cannons are never allowed to be fired within a planet’s atmosphere, due to the high risk of causing irreversible damage to its environment, and may only be used in space provided permission has been granted. As the Empire’s objective is conquest, the act of destroying whole worlds is forbidden, unless authority is given directly by the Emperor himself in times of absolute dire crisis. And only when there is no risk of innocent civilians being caught in the destruction.

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:37 pm

I believe this is the relevant bit you want, Oni.

This Dimensional Technology works by directly altering the coding within a set spatial perimeter to change its location within the Omniverse. An easy to understand example of this would be that every Alternate Universe has a set of descriptions and classifications. To further simplify this, we could say the “Starting” Universe is labeled as 100023023024562345, which would be its “Dimensional Coordinates”. By simply changing one of these numbers, we access a completely different universe by copying the coding within the Transfer Zone, and then pasting it in the new universe, thus “transferring” the data.

This is what he was referring to with the coding and such, I believe. It's simply the dimension-jumping system that the ships use for inter-dimensional travel. You pop in the right coordinates, activate the system, and it transfers things. Kind of like punching in a web address and hitting 'go.'
Characters, Mechs, Ships, and Miscellaneous of House Meridian
...and I whet my glittering blade...
...and mine hand take hold on judgement...
...shall I deliver vengeance unto mine enemies...

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:25 am

O_o

Um. Problem here: That doesn't explain how you escape Alucroa's trap. Not at all.

In fact, that post merely shows what you have in your arsenal. And how the technology came to be.

It did not explain how you escaped the trap.

Seriously, man. Are you going to answer truthfully or not? >_>;

I mean, I can clearly see that it has no relation to what the Dark Realm was. >_>

Seriously, man. Do try better than what you've shown us.

Jii

Unlike other kinds of energy weapons, which face common energy storage problems which reduce their overall performance, Creation Cannons draw from a large, already prepared reservoir of immense energy. This is made possible with the Creation Engine, which is a device incorporating a Time-Space System which is produced and operated via Solid Manah, in the same fashion as a Transfer System. This Dimensional Technology works by directly altering the coding within a set spatial perimeter to change its location within the Omniverse. An easy to understand example of this would be that every Alternate Universe has a set of descriptions and classifications. To further simplify this, we could say the “Starting” Universe is labeled as 100023023024562345, which would be its “Dimensional Coordinates”. By simply changing one of these numbers, we access a completely different universe by copying the coding within the Transfer Zone, and then pasting it in the new universe, thus “transferring” the data.

To me, that's not enough justification to escape the trap. >_> Seriously, how can you possibly know what the Dark Realm is? Hmm?

Too, how could you get the coding so quickly? That should've at least taken a short while. Perhaps a post or two. Especially since the Dark Realm separated the ship from the New Terra realm insofar as I can tell from Alucroa's posts.

That, and how can you possibly KNOW how to escape it?

Only one way to answer that question, yes?

You had Alucroas explain every little detail about how the Dark Realm worked, how his stuff worked. Then, from what I see, you used that OOC knowledge to escape the trap.

To be completely honest and frank, that's complete bullshit.

Oh, and by the way, before I forget...

Happy birthday, Jii.

LitomoSilver
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:33 am

It's not metagaming. It's ... uh ... lucky guess?

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:59 am

No, that's total crap, Circ.

Seriously, have you seen the way Alu described the Dark Realm?

How it works, everything like that?

>_> If not, you should go and see it.

LitomoSilver
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would have needed to know how the dark realm worked to get out of it. He got back to New Terra space in the same manner as he got there in the first place, by using the ships dimensional transfer system. Maybe I missed something concerning this dark realm but I didn't see where it would have blocked that.

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Like I've said before, and Rize is only reiterating - you can't possibly expect to explain the science of roleplay. It's simply madness, this is a work of fiction - and by that very basis, there is very little to no parallax to reality.

If we were trying to rationalize everything, none of this would have happened. Hell, as per the equations that quanta presented, Jii would've completely irradiated everyone here with gamma rays, causing all to be dead. So... please, let's just pretend? And enjoy the work of fiction that roleplay is?

I can't bear to see roleplay torn down into debates about physics, mechanics, or philosophy - it destroys the very essence of what roleplay is.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:48 pm

*Looks over at Rize*

Because it didn't. For some reason they like to assume that just because he called it a "trap" its suppose to be oh so difficult to get out of, but in truth it wasn't.

The Dark Realm, just like any other plane, is composed of coding which details every single aspect of itself. From its physical properties, to the size and shape of its expanse. These codings are referred to as the "Ethereal Wave" (The accumulation of Ethereal Particles which are present throughout an entire dimension), and by using the feedback of Solid Manah to read this wave, one can acquire this data. Likewise, the ships and everything/everyone onboard them in the 9th Fleet have their own unique coding as they originally came from another dimension. The Transfer System separated our data, from the data of the Dark Realm, so that only we were the ones that got transferred rather than bringing the Dark Realm with us.

Now, had you actually read all of what was written, this should've been easy to figure out.

Speaking of Alucroas... How exactly is he controlling Time/Space?

EDIT: Eh... I was going to respond to what Eric said in his post, but figured I would just stick to this for now.

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Jii,

After reading over your metaphysics, essentially your explanation of reality, I noticed something you should be interested in. I'll break it down into its components, instead of telling you point-blank, so by the end everyone can see the logical process and reach the same conclusion.

"And this something became the first awareness." -- meaning: reality is linear, with a definitive starting point.

"The Omniverse, an accumulation of whole universes" -- meaning: set theory discretely manifest (it is discrete because it has a starting point, and therefore cannot be infinite. It can, however, be innumerable because it is continuously growing).

"[A] small, insignificant act ... has given rise to a multitude of parallel universes." -- meaning: at every decision-point, a subset of reality splits into as many subsets as there are options available.

Based on your words, and your metaphysics, that means whenever a decision-point is reached, the parent reality ceases to exist at that point (set theory rules apply) and child realities manifest to complete the legacy of the parent, i.e.:

Code: Select all
{a, b, c, d}
<DECISION POINT: branch b>
{a, {1, 2}, c, d}

"This Dimensional Technology works by directly altering the coding within a set spatial parimeter to change its location within the Omniverse." -- basically, by changing some code to point to a "reality," you can suddenly appear in said reality.

Fine.

Changing that code is a decision point. You've just invalidated the coordinates of the reality you're going to by entering them in and trying to go there. Those coordinates no longer exist for you, because the parent reality has ceased to exist at the point you are in and has been replaced by the children, which do not necessarily share the same coordinates, because they are different realities. As such, you and anyone unfortunate enough to be along for the ride have ceased to exist (if not altogether, in the same time-space continuum), 'cause you went to a reality that is no longer real.

Code: Select all
{a, b, c, d} -- go to b.
<DECISION POINT: branch b>
{a, {1, 2}, c, d} -- oh shit, no more b!

"Oh Circ, the Spiritual Plane handles all of that," I imagine you might say.

Wrong.

The Material Plane and the Spiritual Plane represent a mutual dichotomy, and since a Material Plane is exlusive to whatever reality (or universe) it happens to exist in, so too must the Spiritual Plane. Why? Because they are a dichotomy, and you state as much in your metaphysics.

"Oh Circ, if you accidentally end up in a parent reality, you'll just flow into a child reality, not disappear!"

You've gone to a place that doesn't exist. You can't flow into the child of something that doesn't exist.

So why have I gone through all the trouble of pointing this out? Because I don't appreciate you forcing your version of RP reality on all of us, pigeonholing the ideas players come up with to fit into it, and then using it as a cheap excuse to get out of situations you dislike.

So, in real-reality you managed to destroy reality (Quanta). In your own reality, you managed to kill yourself and destroy logic in the process.

Perhaps the following things should be off-limits to people:
* altering space-time at will
* going from reality-to-reality at will
* going from universe-to-universe at will
* blowing up the universe at will
* forcing an idea of reality on someone else

Just ... stick with railguns and fireballs. Everyone. Agron included. Well, not necessarily railguns or fireballs, but whatever you can RP that doesn't take a big brown dump on the face of reason.

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Jii,

To be honest, I actually read all of your post describing what you said.

I still think you used Alucroa's descriptions to get out of a sticky situation. >_>

I mean, seriously, he literally gave you the keys to the Realm and thus, the way out of the situation.

and as Circ said, lucky guess?

Naw, lucky guess doesn't count. >_> You have the technology, you have the knowledge OOCly. NOT ICly.

So, using that OOC knowledge, you got out of it faster than you would've with the knowledge.

And when reading your post after reading Alucroa's explaination of how the Dark Realm worked, I could see that you used the knowledge he gave you OOCly to get out of the IC situation.

Note: This is not me supporting Alucroas in any way. This is me observing the posts and making my own observation from what I saw.

LitomoSilver
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:59 pm

"[A] small, insignificant act ... has given rise to a multitude of parallel universes." -- meaning: at every decision-point, a subset of reality splits into as many subsets as there are options available.

How does it say that at every decision point, and not just at that single one? Bah, I hate math. I think I actually understood the rest of it though. By your reasoning, in order to travel to a reality that existed before any decision point would also require temporal as well as spatial travel, right?

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!