Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Trantor Fleet Engagement (CK Incursion, Battle #1)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Trantor Fleet Engagement (CK Incursion, Battle #1)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Fri May 02, 2008 1:16 am

That's if this was strictly an SRP (Story RP), but its not. Its a CRP Format (Clan RP). Wars are typically all about the fighting aspect of things. Besides, I'd say this outcome was pretty much inevitable. I mean, even from the start of the space battle, it was a constant one-up brawling in a true DBZ fashion. In such RP Fights where each side is gradually becoming more and more powerful in an attempt to win, you end up hitting the "limits" of what characters are capable of.

What you see going on now, for both sides in this, are the fully unleashed potential for all characters involved. Just how it goes, really. All that's left is to just ride it out.

By the way, nice try Slayer ^_^

And daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, who would've guessed Rize's Black Angel was THAT badass? XD

I'll be posting uh...hmm... Prolly Sunday or something? I've been spending most of my free time on this and, well, I need a break so that I can get a few other things accomplished, know what I mean? I'll be spending Friday and Saturday doing just that (I recently just applied to my first college, by the way. So yeah, I've got a lot of other things on my mind at the moment).

Later days. (Huh...I know I've heard that saying being used by someone else... Oh well, I reckon they'll backhand me if they manage to see this, lol)
{ The Bloody Baron of ClanNation }
Son of the Legendary Ancient One

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jii
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Fri May 02, 2008 1:24 am

Remæus wrote:There's ah... a lot of two-dimensional characters in the battles right now. They're all very uninteresting, and purely focused on being the biggest, baddest, ass-kicking character in online roleplay. Where's the dialogue? The story? What motivation does everyone's character have for being involved here?

Let's work on making this interesting, and stop focusing on out-pwning the opposing side. I haven't seen but a coupe posts that I'd want to come back and read later - it's all focused on combat. Write something memorable, something real, and something that will be interesting and fun to read for years to come.

This fight has crossed a line of no return, at this point waving the white flag and saying "Guys.. GUYS!! Come on!! Notch it down please,' whilest sitting on the sidelines wont do anything to mediate the situation. Action is the only thing that speaks. Action dictates that this war is going to be the knock-out-drag-out-over-the-top-insane-amount-of-power fight that it's been thus far.

There is a story. I've set a definite story regarding my characters here. I don't appreciate you telling me that my characters have no depth to them, because frankly it's offensive. I was here when you were calling people into this war and you still haven't joined the war, yourself.

:evil:

What you've said makes sense, but it's only something that's been reiterated a thousand times. You're pretty much wasting your breath on this issue.

A man chooses, a slave obeys. - Andrew Ryan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Fri May 02, 2008 10:57 am

As much as I like writing, there's really not much I have to work with here, which would explain why I haven't been, coupled with the fact that Arrogance is acting like a goddamn mad-scientist in the chat-room coming up with diabolical schemes to take out the opposition.

He's crazy, I tells ya.

As for the Planetary Fleet, yeah, I'll admit that's some definite overkill on the powers...and it took a few days of constant nagging to even get me to consider coming back into the space-thread.

So if you have any qualms about what we're doing, you can yell at him.

Frankly, with the whole power thing, I'll admit that my characters can become overpowered to an extent.

And I have plenty of much weaker characters who'd have been decimated by such lethal attacks. Originally, Alutrosity and Agron did play a key role back in the old days while we were on the original Terra.

But yeah, as a side-note I'm reaching that point where I'd rather just let Agron be killed, however I honestly don't appreciate when it someone tries to snuff him out in a blatant auto-connect. I'm not saying I haven't committed massive amounts of damage, but never to the point of where I simply attack-kill in the same post.

Really, I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, but that's WAY too much overkill for one post.

Sooner or later though, I think that we're going to have to come to a mutual conclusion for this war, otherwise neither side is going to be satisified. I really don't like pulling that card out, trust me I HATE THAT CARD, but it's reaching that point where it needs to at least be taken into account.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sat May 03, 2008 12:10 am

Someone please delete that moronic post, made by Reno?

Honestly, that post was more idiotic than the message it portrayed, and is really in all truth, one big retarded spam.

If you're out of the war, then stay out. Don't fill up the fucking IC-thread with bullshit.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Sat May 03, 2008 1:32 am

I think you've spammed enough to deserve a ban, if anyone would oblige in removing this moron?

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Sat May 03, 2008 12:39 pm

So, eh yo...what up with the 5th page and the 10 plus posts that were on it going missing?

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm

Probably just a bug in the system, or whatever program that was being used, accidentally merged two portions of the threads in-part because they have similar names.

That's my only guess.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat May 03, 2008 8:07 pm

No I took some highly offensive posts from the thread and accidentally merged the space with the ground threads, I have asked someone with a better grasp on the merge mechanics to rectify the situation.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Sat May 03, 2008 8:37 pm

What "highly offensive" posts?

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Sun May 04, 2008 8:59 pm

So like, when exactly are those posts gonna get put back? Or is someone doing this on purpose for some unknown reason? Its been a while now, starting to look somewhat suspicious.

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sun May 04, 2008 9:41 pm

The staff have been appraised of the situation, and I'm sure one of them will get around to repairing the thread in their own good time. The primary difficulty is checking the individual posts to make sure each is put in its proper place, which can be tedious work.

Jii, there is nothing suspicious. I'd say Skallagrim was rather honest about what he did and one cannot expect instantaneous (or in this case, tree days) turn-around. If you do not want to be held up, create new threads, and when this situation is resolved they can be merged back in to the original. That would be a better option than, say, sowing seeds of dissent or complaining.
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun May 04, 2008 9:58 pm

I have asked as well that someone fix the problem, I took them all by accident when I was merely trying to remove some posts that had crossed the line and violated the rules of the board from the thread. I thought I merged them back properly but I placed them in the wrong war thread. I am leaving it for someone who has a better grasp on how to split and merge the posts properly because honestly I don't want to screw it up.

Since it has been rectified you can all go on killing each other with glee and wild abandon in both land and space. Cheers.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 pm

Jii, can you please link me to the posts that need moving?

I'll happily take care of it.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Mon May 05, 2008 11:39 am

What posts got removed?
Characters, Mechs, Ships, and Miscellaneous of House Meridian
...and I whet my glittering blade...
...and mine hand take hold on judgement...
...shall I deliver vengeance unto mine enemies...

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jii on Tue May 06, 2008 3:03 am

*Comes back to check the progress on this like I said I would*

Hmm... Good, everything seems to be back in proper order. I'll be posting sometime tomorrow.

*Nods a few times, checking over the thread once more before walking off again*

Jii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Wed May 14, 2008 10:50 am

So, Arrogance, anything? Or are we calling this one done?

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Wed May 14, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm expecting to have my post up tonight.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Wed May 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Rock on.

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed May 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Oh goody, this means I'll FINALLY be able to post, that is if he gets it up before I end up going to sleep.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sat May 17, 2008 8:30 pm

And after all this chit-chat about how we're not supposed to be using Godly, characters you come out and throw in some character that apparently manages the universe?

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid with the new character who I've been spending the last two days detailing up and am about to bring into this thread, even something that uberly powerful won't be able to stop him.

I'm just going to let you know right here and now, that the very existence of your character: Lomedia is going to bring about the death of it.

This time I really should have my post up tonight. I never realized, I'd be spending this much time with detail, though.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!