Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Trip

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

The Trip

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm

So this isn't really a flame, more of an update on a trip I took recently, but it's pretty much worthless to those who don't know me, and for those of you who know me but just don't care. =D

So it's going here.

Went up to Shanty Creek just after Christmas. Trip up there was somewhat enjoyable, riding about six hours with some buddies I don't get to see often. The other vehicle with us first killed the battery when the driver left the lights, DVD player, radio, yadda yadda on while we were loading it. Then the lugs came loose on one of the wheels later. Other than that, pretty smooth.

We got up to Schush Village, wandered into the welcome center only to be told we had to check in at Summit Village. So we load back up, head to Summit. Get our room, which specifically sleeps 8, yet they only have 5 keys. Go figure. So we finally find our room to discover that we have to trudge across a snow-covered raised platform rife with ups, downs, twists and turns with all of our luggage. When we actually reach our room, we forget all of that.

Four bunk-beds with one stove in the middle, which also happens to be our only source of heat. Oh, and one of the windows is broken open.

Just kidding.

A master bedroom with king-size bed, its own balcony, its own bathroom complete with jacuzzi-style tub/shower. Anna and I promptly called this room, and a note to men out there: "Private Bath" is code for "God's Gift to Men." A full kitchen; not just full as in "has stove and microwave." This thing is bigger than the kitchen in my apartment. There's a living room and dining room after that, both massive, the living room having some ridiculously comfortable furniture and another balcony. There's also a second bathroom down there. Upstairs there's a third bathroom and two bedrooms, one with a queen bed, and one with two twins, both with skylights. The best part of the upstairs is the balcony overlooking the livingroom. We weren't there but an hour before we'd pulled the couches and coffee table (which was titanic) out of the way and stacked cushions, pillows and blankets up. Then the jumping commenced, and it was good.

I won't go into too much detail about the actual snowboarding. The powder was pretty decent, the terrain park was damn nice, and the woods were phenomenal.

Spent both of my nights there wasted. Whiskey on the rocks is a sneaky, sneaky bastard.

Not much more to say for that. Packed up and left on the 29th, enjoyed a hell of a dinner on the way home. I'll have (hopefully) pictures of various events as well as video of balcony jumping, us doing Irish Car Bombs, and some various tricks we pulled off on the hill up soon.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Re: The Trip

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:13 pm

Lmao. I'm glad you posted this, Justin! I'm sick and needed a good read and laugh this afternoon.

I'm glad your trip was awesome, minus the annoying little details you listed. One of my best friends is leaving for West Virginia within the hour to go snowboarding with 3 other friends. He's never done it in his life. I expect he'll return with a few broken bones.

One day, I will be snowboarding with you. We decided that long ago and damnit, I'm still going to one day. I may break something for the first time in my life, but hopefully it'll be worth it. xD
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: The Trip

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey, Justin, nice to know you had a bloody good time, man.

And, you were drunk? As in, like, because of alcohol?

I would never have thought you would be in such a state.

In fact, I didn't know you drank. I thought you were t-total? Next you'll be telling me you smoke.

XD
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!