Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players »

The Unseen World

The Unseen World: Plot and Character Communication

a part of “The Unseen World”, a fictional universe by Absenthia.

There are two worlds, the seen and unseen. Within this unseen world lives the stuff of legend, myth and lore. There are people who walk a fine line between these two worlds, live within it and work within it. What part will you play?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Unseen World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Unseen World: Plot and Character Communication

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:29 pm

This thread is supposed to be strictly for plot and character discussion.
It will also help sort out some of the junk from the other OOC thread.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Re: [OOC] The Unseen World: Plot and Character Communication

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ravenathena on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 pm

(head desk since my character ignored a character)
sorry everyone im a little confused and soo new to this. i hope i can properly insert my character soon. forgive me nfi_2616... (sweatdrop)....
can we make it that my character was too tired that she ignored your character or should i edit it...?

Anyway here's what i know from our RPG hope anyone confirms or corrects me so i can understand better. i love that i am being surprised for the plot ^_^, i dont know what we are up against!

--so far i see a connection with werewolvees....Brain is trained to hunt them..A werwolf killed Emiko's dad and Dmitrii's brother turned to lycanthrophy so...hmmm..
--hmmm..what does emiko's grandpa want with Knaelen....hmmmmmmm...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ravenathena
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:59 pm

That is all stuff that I believe will be revealed with time.
It's ok, it's a newbie mistake. I'll tell you this, The Unseen World is a difficult RP to cut your teeth on. But you seem to be taking the route I took getting immersed into rp, going the hard route. Once again feel free to PM me.

I can post something in regards to Elizabeth being "rude", it's no issue.

Everyone will probably eventually wind up at White Lotus for some reason or another.
I'm probably having the same amount of trouble with interaction you are, Catherine is a old character of mine from the first incarnation of this idea. Even then she was difficult to play and have interaction with.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ravenathena on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:44 am

i'm so excited for the surprise and how things slowly unfold ^_^ (super noob excitedness)
anyway i have edited my post hope i got it right this time ^_^

ravenathena
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:21 am

Yes, much better. Just remember when people try to interact not to ignore them, other wise your doing great.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:38 pm

--so far i see a connection with werewolvees....Brain is trained to hunt them..A werwolf killed Emiko's dad and Dmitrii's brother turned to lycanthrophy so...hmmm..

i plan to have brain and aton hunt one soon so stay tuned.
"I've gazed into the abyss and the abyss gazed into me, and neither of us liked what we saw.

Henry88
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Err.. question is your characters name Brian or Brain like the organ.. I was rather wondering about that.
But anyway, I think I will have Catherine get to know Elizabeth and perhaps persuade her to join her for lunch at White Lotus.
Maybe eventually we can get everyone on the same page, despite different RL commitments and time zones.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Err.. question is your characters name Brian or Brain like the organ.. I was rather wondering about that.

for the record it would be Brian as a name not the stuff in-between our ears

Henry88
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ravenathena on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:56 am

Sure! We all get to meet in the white lotus. Emiko and Dmitrii are there,Knaelan is summoned by Emiko's grandpa ,Brain (or Brian?) is gonna eat there, he probably gets to meet Catherine and Elle there. ^_^ I'm not sure about the time zones and the place. Is it supposed to be early morning since Emiko is about to go to school with her college buddies?

ravenathena
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:39 pm

I sense trouble brewing . . . . ^^

Imperial Waltz made me do it.

"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us.. for science.. you monster." ~ GLaDOS, Portal 2

The Adversary
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Oh trouble is fun... plot wise anyway. What's your Unseelie guy thinking?

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukishijin on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:40 am

I guess the White Lotus would be as good a place to insert my character as any. Be there soon.

Tsukishijin
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 pm

nfi_2616 wrote:Oh trouble is fun... plot wise anyway. What's your Unseelie guy thinking?

Believe me even I'm not too sure right now. I'm just goin' with the flow for the moment.

The Adversary
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Ah ok. *nod* Fair enough then, we'll see what sort of chaos ensues.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ravenathena on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 am

hooooray for chaos! and why does emiko's grand daddy want her dead? (starts speculating)

ravenathena
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 am

He probably wants her dead as she might possibly remind him too much of his son-in-law, he might also want her dead for other reasons. He may possibly be in league with someone the MCU has been investigating for awhile, not sure either. I too am speculating.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:06 pm

old men are like that i guess but i think he see's her as a skeleton in the closet.

Henry88
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:21 pm

True he may see her as something that could lead to defamation, slander and liable for him.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:52 am

it is odd that a restaurant could have so many eh unique people

Henry88
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:39 pm

no actually.. I don't think so besides, they all seem human in some way

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!