Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

The Village Elders [Experimental Medieval Fantasy]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Village Elders [Experimental Medieval Fantasy]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cedonia on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:37 am

The smell of smoke and fresh ink permeated the air as the council of Elders in charge of the small encampment that would one day become a village gathered for their monthly meeting. Low voices were heard all around the tent, a feeling of eager anticipation energizing the usually placid clansmen. The hunt had been plentiful that year, and already there was talk about settling down and forming a farming community. This was the dawn of a new age for all, and as the last of the elders sat down in his seat by the glowing embers of the fire pit, the fate of many was decided. From this day on the Clans would be no more, and the village of Demeteris would be born!

I have an idea about an hybrid between Nation rp and more traditional storytelling involving the ruling council of a young medieval village.

Each player will play a member of the council, given the right to propose a subject of change to the community and given the right to vote and contest a proposition other elders in a civil manner. The result will be that each month, a total of three topic of contention will be provided for the elders to bicker over, the whole thing resulting in very real consequences to the village that the player of the Elder who gave the initial change will be in charge of implementing in the game world.

Each 'turn' will be one month long, and some random changes will be implemented by a random dice roll corresponding to an event we will keep vague in order to give us some room to customize the result with what was already chosen for that turn via the council.

Each Elder will have a specific value that they will adhere to during the play, a sort of guideline that we will each have to keep consistent to our individual characters.

In TL;DR and simpler term, I propose:
- We will play the elders of a village.
- There will be a turn for each IC month.
- Each elder will have an Archetype of sort that we will have to keep up constantly.
- Each turn will have three IC votes, where we will play out the elders arguing and bribing their way of seeing thing to do as they wish with the village.
- On top of the votes, there will always be a randomized event added to the top of things.
- Each player who was in charge of a specific vote will have to Storytell the results for it at the end of the turn, to increasing complexity as time goes on.
- There will be no stats and no resource, just collaborative storytelling.

Would anyone be interested in this idea?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cedonia
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Village Elders [Experimental Medieval Fantasy]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Sounds a tad experimental, but at the same time it sounds like something that could strike my fancy.
Death came to town.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starannon on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm pondering the possibilities of this...it's a rather broad idea at the moment, but I'm sure you have more details swirling about in your mind. Yes. Count me as interested. I like the way you're headed with it.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. (Margaret Mead)

Starannon
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonDunc on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:37 am

This sounds interesting, I like the idea.

DragonDunc
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Promethean World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!