Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

The Wichita Falls Murders

a part of “The Wichita Falls Murders”, a fictional universe by AgathaBenson.

A murderer strikes this small snowbound town just as its people are celebrating its centennial. One by one the townsfolk begin to drop...will they be able to catch the killer in their midst, or will they all lie buried in the snow before New Year's?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Wichita Falls Murders”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Wichita Falls Murders"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Wichita Falls Murders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No Vacancy Motel on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Hey sounds pretty cool! I'll probably submit a few characters later tonight :D

Edit: I figured I would submit a Shermen descendant and probably one or two other characters. (But probably just one other lol)
Last edited by No Vacancy Motel on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Dont Forget To Dream ~

No Vacancy Motel

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

No Vacancy Motel
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HumblePopinjay on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 pm

I love a good mystery. I'll make around three or four characters and send them in tonight, if that's alright with you. :)

HumblePopinjay
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:16 am

No Vacancy Motel wrote:Hey sounds pretty cool! I'll probably submit a few characters later tonight :D

Edit: I figured I would submit a Shermen descendant and probably one or two other characters. (But probably just one other lol)

Great! Two characters is perfectly alright... and Shermens are even better, since I wad seized by an unnatural paranoia that no one would be interested in them! I'll try and have profiles for my other two characters, Miriam and Bill up this afternoon at the latest.
Thanks,
Aggie :)
Last edited by AgathaBenson on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:22 am

HumblePopinjay wrote:I love a good mystery. I'll make around three or four characters and send them in tonight, if that's alright with you. :)

Welcome! Three our four characters would be perfect. I look forward to reading their profiles
Thanks,
Aggie

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:45 am

I've always been a fan of these kind of roleplays.

Submitted two characters, hope you like them!

lovechanningforever
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HumblePopinjay on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 am

Two characters done, two more to go. I'll probably finish the rest by tomorrow.

HumblePopinjay
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:15 am

lovechanningforever wrote:I've always been a fan of these kind of roleplays.

Submitted two characters, hope you like them!

Welcome to Wichita Falls! I am hopelessly behind on creating Miriam and Bill's profiles (classes and all that), but I'll hasten to them right now. Oh, and your character, Wilhelmina, she's meant to be Miriam's niece through her mother, right? Just so I know so I don't bungle it all up in-game.

Loved both your characters and am looking forward to interacting with them.

Thanks a bunch,
-Aggie

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:24 am

HumblePopinjay wrote:Two characters done, two more to go. I'll probably finish the rest by tomorrow.

Read both profiles, loved 'em, and can't wait to see the next two! There's no rush at this stage in the game, as I still intend to finish my own character profiles, not to mention adding a few refined touches here and there (the Shermen family tree, especially, and details on the actual murders from back in the 20s).

In the meantime, though, welcome to Wichita Falls! :)

Thanks,
-Aggie

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No Vacancy Motel on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:06 am

Turned in one character so far, I'm thinking his mother could have been one of Miriams siblings. Or a cousin or something, I didn't really specify anything other than her name.

EDIT: WOrking on a few other characters right now :D

EDIT 2: All of my characters are finished! Please tell me if anything should be changed :D

No Vacancy Motel
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:13 am

Yup. Her mom was Miriam's younger sister :)

lovechanningforever
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:15 pm

No Vacancy Motel wrote:Turned in one character so far, I'm thinking his mother could have been one of Miriams siblings. Or a cousin or something, I didn't really specify anything other than her name.

EDIT: WOrking on a few other characters right now :D

EDIT 2: All of my characters are finished! Please tell me if anything should be changed :D

All three characters were amazingly awesome, first of all. I absolutely loved Charlotte (she's so badass), and I can't wait to see her in action. As for Zach, he can totally be Miriam's nephew. She's the oldest of the Shermen siblings, so it's entirely possible that Audrienne could have been one of the younger ones.

And OMG, awesome, we have a doctor who looks like Gary Oldman! :D I am indescribably delighted, because I kept telling myself 'Oh, we need a doctor for when folks start getting killed', and then I was like, 'oh, what will happen if no one wants to play a doctor?' But you have just assuaged my worries.

I desperately have to go on over and submit my profile for Sheriff Fleetwood; it's been hovering in stasis since last night, and we can't really get anything done without our friendly neighborhood policeman.

Thanks again, and welcome to Wichita Falls!:)

-Aggie :)

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Hello fellow suspects!

I am more than overjoyed to report that we now have enough characters in our stable (10 as of now) to start the game properly.

The actual day when we 'start' the game will be this Friday. To prevent any confusion, there will be NO murders during Week 1 of gameplay. This should give us just enough time to establish our characters and their relationships, and will also allow whichever poor sap gets picked as first victim to have SOME time among the rest of us.

Tomorrow, Thursday, I'm going to add a few more finishing touches to the R.P...namely some articles in the 'Wichita Falls Gazette' section, as well as adding avatars to the rest of the location pages, and possibly adding a few more minor locations.

I'm also going to make a few more tiny OOC threads to be used for various purposes once we start the game.

Thank you again for your interest, and I look forward to RPing with you all on Friday and beyond!

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HumblePopinjay on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:34 am

Sorry if I sent in the rest of my characters a little late.
Can't wait to begin! :)

HumblePopinjay
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:25 pm

HumblePopinjay wrote:Sorry if I sent in the rest of my characters a little late.
Can't wait to begin! :)

No problem! Both characters were great, and they're totally in the game now. I'm planning to start the game tomorrow, Friday, so there's no need to worry about being late. I would have been much more active with the game updates today, were it not for the copious amounts of classes I have on Thursdays.

Never you fear though, I'll have a few 'Gazette' articles up, and all important locations completed by tonight.

Thanks,

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No Vacancy Motel on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Christ, please disregard the fact I keep forgetting to change locations. I'm all drugged up right now and its amazing I can type at all. Ill remember for my next post. Sorry about that.

EDIT: it seems I posted Zachs intro at the same time as Pennys so I edited my post a little bit so that Zach appears some time after Penny does. Just to clear up confusion.

No Vacancy Motel
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:35 pm

No Vacancy Motel wrote:Christ, please disregard the fact I keep forgetting to change locations. I'm all drugged up right now and its amazing I can type at all. Ill remember for my next post. Sorry about that.

EDIT: it seems I posted Zachs intro at the same time as Pennys so I edited my post a little bit so that Zach appears some time after Penny does. Just to clear up confusion.

It's cool, I'm still terribly new with this site, and getting used to everything. And...now I feel terrible because I didn't even notice you'd edited this post! I'm gonna hurry on over to edit the Miriam one from before, so we don't rip a hole in Wicita Fall's space time continuum. :O

I must hurry with rapid pressing of the keys!

EDIT: Okay, it's all more or less smoothed out now. I just made a few minor edits, so Miriam sees Penny in the lobby and then sees Zach on the porch, at which point they all move off toward breakfast.
Again, sorry for any confusion my bumbling might have caused.

Thanks,

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgathaBenson on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:54 pm

I didn't want to devote an entire thread to this, so I figure I'll put it here. This is a tentative look at the Shermen family tree, exempting any possible future characters folks want to add. I tried to be as comprehensive as a could about ages, but no doubt I've made a few deficiencies. This family tree is really just so we have a better idea of how everyone's related, exactly.

THE SHERMEN FAMILY TREE

Generation 1: Zechariah Shermen (1866-1929) [married] Hannah Shermen (1873-1929)

Generation 2: Joshua Shermen (1892-1929) [brothers] Yeardley Shermen (1903-1964)

*Generation 3: Miriam Shermen (1932- ), Theodore Shermen (1934-1958), Audrienne Shermen (1959- ), Isaac Shermen (1962- ), Monica Shermen (1964-2001)

Generation 4: Wilhelmina Shermen-Watts (1994- ), Zachary Bennett (1990- ), Penny Shermen (1995- )

*Miriam and Theodore are products of Yeardley and his wife, who he left not long after the company folded. Audrienne is the daughter of Yeardley and...someone, they never knew who. Isaac and Monica are the children of Yeardley and his second wife, who he was married to very briefly before his suicide. Monica was born a few months after Yeardley killed himself.

If I left anything out, or made any errors in age/or dating please let me know, and I'll be glad to correct it!

Oh, and also a belated welcome to our newest player, ShykKedid, who will be playing the town librarian, Karma Logan! Welcome to the game.

Thanks,

AgathaBenson
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!