Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

On the Wings of a Dream

On the Wings of a Dream

a part of “On the Wings of a Dream”, a fictional universe by Bani.

You wake up in a strange place, you can't remember anything but something tells you you're better off this way. And then you find a strange person is trailing you, offering you their 'help'. Can you trust them? Can you afford not to? Literate/Semi-Lit RP.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “On the Wings of a Dream”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: On the Wings of a Dream

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukipyon on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 am

Oof darrnn, so sorry that I haven't been active again. >A<
I have had no internet connection for the past week ._.

I'll read what I need to catch up and then I'll try to get in a post.
I have to do it at school since I can't at home...
So tomorrow will be the earliest I might be able to post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lukipyon
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 am

Oh! Oh! Me too! Just made my first RP: Wierd West. I wont link in here without Bani's say, but search it if you're fans of westerns/steampunk.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:07 am

Possibly off topic, but this reminds me of the Jabberwocky; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rub8-451JR4

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 am

@Noxize Of course its okay^^.

And I apologise for not being able to post even after the frame I gave everyone. Dad wanted to surprise me ..... by taking me on a trip to a village as soon as I set foot in home from the last exam -.-;;; We had no kind of wi-fi connection in the remote, remote place my Dad thought it would be a good idea to visit, so I couldn't post a warning. I had to ultimately fall sick to cut that trip short, yeah. ( A big thanks goes to the great mosquitoes for aiding me in my noble endeavour.)
All our tears and scars are beautiful - because they make us what we are today.

Monsters exist. They live inside ordinary people. And sometimes, they win.

Bani
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 am

@NSH, Noxize (Just saw your post - didn't notice the last page otl) and anyone else who's part of the RP: I don't mind if you link roleplays in here - or other stuff, for that matter - music, pictures and all - as long as it's not
[align=center]1) Spam
2) Discriminating on religious, racial or such other bases
3) Deliberately Misleading.[/align]

(Offensive should probably go in there too, but hey, I think we here are all mature enough to know the idea of 'offensive' varies from person to person, and honestly, I don't even think I needed to make this post here since as far as I know, you've all been nothing but nice here - and not in the stuffy way either.)

Bani
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

Hey, sorry for the third post in a row, but I kind of don't know where to put this....

[Please bear with the crappiness that is my drawing. I've never learnt and I only made rough outlines so...]

I changed Belca's hairstyle to this, but am too lazy to draw her so I'll just link the hairstyle here ( open hair =/= never winning a fight in my mind. How do you fight when all the hair is falling over your face and stuff?)
http://throughstainedglass.deviantart.c ... -298158741

And about Alice, I kind of didn't like the images I found so I did a rough draft for her (and that's probably all I'm ever going to do) but I can't decide whether to put in the photoshopped version: http://throughstainedglass.deviantart.c ... -298163670 in her profile for the creepy effect, or the normal sketch version: http://throughstainedglass.deviantart.c ... -298162973 'cos its way cleaner. And I don't want to use two editions of the same picture. Suggestions?

Bani
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Ha. Not having a scanner or a good camera sucks, but I can see the pictures well enough. Personally, I like the photshopped version, it gives the picture an eerie feel. You're work isn't crappy, you have a nice flow.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

roleplay/a-time-of-monsters/ is my Rp. It's based in the world of The Witcher- if you don't know what that is, relax, it's no biggie. Just think Lord of The Rings with racism, classicm and monsters. Witchers are like souped up dog catcher/exterminators, they go though horribly painful treatments as youths to gain the needed abilities to deal with beasts.

Nonhumans (Elves, Drawves, Gnomes etc.) are looked down upon by humans, and treated as second class. They populate ghettos and work the shit jobs. There have been a few wars between nonhumans and humans, the time frame of my Rp is during one of the times of general peace- everyone is kinda banding together against the monsters- but racists still exist.

What Im looking for is maybe one or two more Witchers, and a few more support roles- Bard, Healer etc. to round off a good party. The story will be mostly character driven, but will have nudges towards the main story- Some force has united the monsters against humans and nonhumans alike, something out there is massing an army to sweep across the continent- it's upto us to figure out the truth and stop it.

This is a dark fantasy setting, adult in nature- blood, cussing (tough the locals all have unique words- Plough=Fuck in one case) and violence are all expected. Come have fun, kill monsters.

Grahf
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 am

I will reply when I get home... I've got a lot of homework to have due by monday..and this school computer is slow and incompetent.. xD

Too bad for Grey Absolem's kind side he just witnessed was just an act to calm him down.. xD Cause if everything goes well, he's going to meet a side of Absolem he doesn't really like when the 'game' begins~

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 am

@Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan: That's going to be quite interesting to see how Grey takes Absolem's other side, I look forward to it :)

Orbweaver
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:11 am

@Orbweaver: I look forward to it as well, I'm going to probably run it by you sometime after I finish my upcoming assignments. 8 Page paper on Social Anxiety (200 pts), a mock job interview, a senior slideshow, a video for my drama class final anda lot of math homework...xD

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:29 pm

@Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan: A video in Drama? I never had to do that. I did scholarship Drama at one point, it was fun, I had to do a scripted performance and a devised performance as well as some random improvised performance and I had to give a contextual statement on them two wich was probably the furtherest thing from fun ever.

Orbweaver
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 am

Aw, poor Duchess. Now one person knows how Cheshire feels. Cool idea with all the changing pigs and such. I'm intersted in seeing how the cook will fair against Jabberwocky.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 am

@NotSoHeartless: I just wish I'd written it better, I need to get back into my swing of writing. We'll see what happens to the Cook, I don't expect it'll end well.

Orbweaver
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Is it bad I cried more over the Cook than Dormouse and Hatter and March Hare?
Aww, poor Duchess. Her home's burnt and her dear children are all dying, and poor, poor Cook, he was so noble. -sniffles- RIP, Mr. Unnamed Cook and Unnamed Momerath/Pig-cum-Girls/Boys.

Bani
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Well, that depends- is Cook an NPC, or is Orbweaver going to fight me personally?

Either way, Cook won't die- just wish he had.

Grahf
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:36 pm

If all goes well with my assignments.. I can post later tonight, but definitely by tomorrow :]

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 pm

@Noxize: The Cook is a NPC but I don't mind taking control of him if you want to do a player vs player thing, I could do with the practice.

Orbweaver
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Well, it won't be a fair fight, you DO have an army to deal with. Though, I will leave my combat open in my post to allow you to dodge and such.

Grahf
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:49 am

R.I.P. to all the poor people/animals/things that were killed by Jabberwocky. Still, I have to admit, it is kind of cool.
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!