Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. »

On the Wings of a Dream

On the Wings of a Dream

a part of “On the Wings of a Dream”, a fictional universe by Bani.

You wake up in a strange place, you can't remember anything but something tells you you're better off this way. And then you find a strange person is trailing you, offering you their 'help'. Can you trust them? Can you afford not to? Literate/Semi-Lit RP.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “On the Wings of a Dream”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: On the Wings of a Dream

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am

@Orbweaver: Didn't Jabberwockey make a trap before everybody reached Absolem's house? Jabberwockey was in the forest before Duchess and her crew hense the trap. Unless I've been reading the posts wrong..?

I do have an idea though, I sent you a PM.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 am

>.> Yeah, did my post get ingnored? Jabberwocky is between the group and the house...with a freakin bone wall, a mass of summoned weapons and it's cheery self. I doubt the Duchess and the others just RAN past or whatever. We can treat this like a fight if you wish, and Jabberwocky will attack them as they pass...it won't end well that way however...

Or, you could go back and fix the post. That one is best.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grahf
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh, sorry, I really misinterpreted your post Noxize. I'm really sorry, I'll fix it at soon as I can. I've been a little muddled recently. I didn't mean to do that.

Orbweaver
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Tue May 15, 2012 6:45 am

There we go, I fixed the post. I feel really horrible for messing up so badly, hopefully it's better this time.

Orbweaver
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 am

Thanks for informing, Orbweaver, I edited my post as well. Man, that has to be my longest post in the whole of this RP.
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 pm

@TSE: No offense, but why don't you post like that more often? It's nice seeing more detail in your writing.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 am

I am trying to get a post out soon..lots of...family drama..sorry to everyone it is effectong. Police..a fight...my mom breaking up with my sister's dad... A potential custody battle.. Lots on my mind so writers block has been a challenge. I should post within the next 24 hours unless something goes terribly wrong...

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anise on Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 pm

@Bani I never got a reply from Luki... what should we do? I'm not trying to be inactive o.o I just dunno what I should do next..? Did you ever get a reply?

Should I get a new chain?

Anise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Fri May 18, 2012 3:49 am

@Anise You can make use of some random distortion in the Clock Tower(so easy to blame everything on poor Jabberwocky^^;) and be teleported to either Jabberwocky and Duchess' location, or Absolem and Cheshire's location if you want. Sorry, this is the best I could come up with. This heat is breaking my brain ( whatever little I had).

Other people are very welcome to give suggestions about this matter. Seriously, almost anything would be probably better than the stupid stuff I come up with T^T;;;
All our tears and scars are beautiful - because they make us what we are today.

Monsters exist. They live inside ordinary people. And sometimes, they win.

Bani
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Fri May 18, 2012 5:45 am

@IkutoTsukiyomiFan: I hope you're alright and that everything sorts itself out.

@Anise: If it comes to it then I'll take on another chain for you but I'll wait to see if anyone else steps up first...I kind of have lots of characters and I don't think it would be very fair on them but don't worry, I'll definitely make one if there's nobody else.

Orbweaver
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Fri May 18, 2012 11:20 am

Yeah, I sent Luki a PM a while agao. No response.

Why don't you have Ivory appear in the Chessboard dimention? That way, since she knows somewhat of what's going on in Wonderland, that'll be a way to get Fiore and Aria involved against Jabberwockey. Maybe we can figure out from Fiore what Alice is up to? *hinthint*

NotSoHeartless
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Fri May 18, 2012 11:59 am

Hey, couple things.

Number one; I am trying to decide how to run the Jabberwocky-War, I figure there are two good ways of doing it- Total-War or Cell-Games.

Total-War: Keep on keepin on- take over large chunks of Wonderland and amass an army to eventualy seige the hell out of the palace.

Good: Easy for me, tons of minions.
Bad: Hard for you, TONS of minions.

Cell-Games: Retreat to the Pit, taking my claimed Chains with me- Army left behind to do whatever, announce to Wonderland that the game will resume, with my thrall chains acting as the Jabberwocky's team.

Good: More of one-on-one action, less minions.
Bad: I am good at one-on-one.

Number two; Bani, I wanna make a new dude. Well, a clan of dudes. I have an idea for the Bandersnatch. They will be a neutral party, acting against the Jabberwocky. Possible allies for the Chains. I want there to be like 8-10 of them, out in the swamps. They are not chains, just residents of Wonderland that don't wanna see the place go to shit. Though if needed I could make one be a leader type, and be a chain if we need a new one. They would be masters of stealth, and good at guerilla warfare. Due to them being burrowers in nature they would have extensive mines running through the mountains near the swamps, and have access to a form of gunpowder.

Up to you though, just wanna have fun.

Grahf
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Since we're on the topic of other characters, can I make Walrus and Carpenter NPCs? We haven't made it to the Sea yet, but I just wanted permission before bringing it in.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Sat May 19, 2012 8:21 am

@Noxize: That's a tough decision but I think I'd be more inclined to go for the Cell Games approach, it's a little less overwhelming than having to face a huge mob of enemies and I'm sure that this was going to turn into one on one sort of stuff anyway, having said that, will the contractors (Grey, Rhia, Belca, Moonlight, Aria and Ivory) be able to join in the festivities? It's just that I thought only Chains could fight Chains and only Contractors could fight Contractors.

Also, as far as making Bandersnatches goes, provided Bani allows it, you could also use some of the other creatures from the Jaberwock poem as part of your resistance force like the Jubjub Bird and the Borogroves, just an idea.

@Everyone: I'm pretty sure most of us are waiting on a post from me, I'm just sorting out some details and then I'll have a post up as soon as can. Sorry to hold everyone up.

Orbweaver
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Sun May 20, 2012 4:31 am

@Noxize I would have to agree with Orbweaver about preferring the Cell-Game approach. Less overwhelming (though I will fail anyway -cough-)
The Bandersnatch Clan is actually a pretty good idea. I was worried Jabberwocky would steamroll all of us, the more allies the tougher (and consequently more fun) the war will be. (Is that sentence coherent?)

@NSH The only way Fiore can be useful is from his Purification ability, but it won't be strong enough to counter Jabberwocky. I still need to work out the kinks for that ability - I don't want to make him too powerful and all. Alice .... -facedesk- I can't believe I freaking forgot I even had a character like that. Me and my forgetfulness otlotlotl. But Fiore doesn't really know much of what Alice is planning, I'll post as her as soon as I remember exactly what I intended her to do.

Bani
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Sun May 20, 2012 5:26 am

Who are all these people you're talking about, exactly? Should I be aware of them?

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Sun May 20, 2012 1:54 pm

@TSE: Have you read Alice in Wonderland or Through the Looking Glass? All the characters people are bringing up are from the books/poems. You can familiarize yourself with them to help yourself understand the character more, but since we're all tweaking the characters anyway I wouldn't worry too much. Deal with them as they come along. If you get confused you can always go back and re-read character profiles.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun May 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Unleashing the fury of Wonderland in my next post. The resistance lives, and it is not happy. =D

Grahf
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Mon May 21, 2012 7:00 am

Things are just about ready for me to post. I'm super sorry for the hold up.

@Anise: I just had an idea for you to get Ivory out of Rabbit's place and back into the action. In the original book the White Rabbit has a maid called Mary Anne so maybe you could have her come in and whisk Ivory away.

*EDIT*

I was going to wait untill tomorrow but I decided to stay up and write the post tonight because I hate keeping you all waiting. I read over everything multiple times so hopefully I didn't miss anything but please let me know if I mucked up in any way.

Orbweaver
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 am

@Orbweaver: Post seems good to me. And please don't be offended by this, but I can't stop thinking of Grey as a Yu-Gi-Oh duelist now. XD
I know it's retarded to ask, but my inner nerd can't pass this up. Please, if you ever get the chance, have Grey announce that 'It's time to duel'. That would really make my day.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!