The Zodiac Wars, original concept & anime fcs

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

What kind of setting should Zodiac Wars take place in?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 am

Modern Day
No votes
A fantasy setting similar to Yona of The Dawn and Fushigi Yuugi
100%

Total votes : 1

The Zodiac Wars, original concept & anime fcs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby araign on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:47 am

THE ZODIAC WARS

ABOUT:
Based on the legend of The Chinese Zodiac, the RP is based on the idea that while most of the world believes the story of the zodiac being chosen through a friendly race between animals the truth is the Zodiac was decided by The Jade Emperor through a vicious tournament where powerful warrior clans who take their strength and super-human abilities from the animals their clans are based on. The chosen Zodiac that we know have been in power for centuries, guarding the Celestial Gate while some of the other clans have either become near nonexistent or have built the means to survive in the modern world.

The game would take place in either modern Japan or alternatively a fantasy AU with no modern technology, where the reincarnations of the original Zodiac have unwittingly been enlisted in a free-for-all tournament orchestrated by the reincarnation of the Cat who wants nothing more than the destruction of the original Zodiac and to come out on top as the new Jade Emperor. The Cat would get the help of other clans, those with vendettas against the Zodiac, and promise the down-trodden clans looking for vengeance the keys to heaven.

NEEDED:
So long as I have at least four people interested in the site willing to play a Zodiac character I will get to work on it. The Rooster will be taken by me. I would really like to cast the Cat sooner than later as they will effectively be the antagonist. The Jade Emperor is an NPC for now. That leaves Sheep, Ox, Pig, Rat, Snake, Horse, Dog, Monkey, Tiger, Rabbit, and Dragon free along with the Cat.

The Cat, Dragon, Dog, and Ox must be male.
The Horse, Sheep, and Rat must be female.
The Pig, Snake, Monkey, Tiger, and Rabbit can be of any gender.

Transgender characters and nonbinary characters are also welcome.

SOME SYSTEMS:
Due to the large number of parts I am preparing for the RP to be large in number and scale, and I also have no intention of closing applications.

There will be no stats.

The abilities of the Zodiac incarnates and entire lore of their tribe will be decided by the player, though it will have to pass approval process first to ensure that it coincides with the general lore of the story.

Character death only occurs if someone goes inactive or gets kicked from the roleplay. Though there is indeed a tournament going on, it's more about the power struggle between the characters. Inactivity is determined by one solid month - 31 days - of no posting without notice of absence.

There are still a lot of things I need to work out but these are the basics. If you have any suggestions or constructive criticism please let me know!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

araign
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Re: The Zodiac Wars, original concept & anime fcs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PuffyXxSprinkles on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm

This concept looks so interesting, you can count me in! I am particularly interested in playing the rabbit and the dragon, but I might also be up for a third character if I have time (depending on post-length)

Edit: I will most likely have time for a third character, and I'd be more than willing to portray the antagonist! Also, I'm fairly skilled in graphic design, so if you need any help with that I'm here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PuffyXxSprinkles
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!