There and Back Again, Again. An Adventurer's Tale. (Ic/ooc)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

There and Back Again, Again. An Adventurer's Tale. (Ic/ooc)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:46 pm

There and Back Again, Again. An Adventurer's Tale....

A journey for those who have read all The books of the Older days. But would the characters be so mighty? Men of great strength, of skill! ...Well no....
In fact, most of them would be Scholars, Farmers, or just plain people with The Will of an Adventurer! You see, not too long ago..Or long ago enough, A Hobbit Named Bilbo Baggins ventured to The Lonely mountain with a party of dwarves! Escaping trolls, spiders and even elves! Until they reached the mountain and with the help of the men of lake town, Struck down the dragon Smog from the sky! Reclaiming the mountain for the Dwarves that had lost it and completing the journey. Bilbo wrote a book, The first There and Back again, which inspired me! And Im going to take us..us and our party that is, all over middle earth! To map out the lasts of this great world, and if we are lucky..Beyond it.

The man stopped his quill, pulling his head away from the letter on his table. A pound on the door, and a fistful of Angry words thrown at Avarust, the writer of the Letter.

"Cant you wait one more week!? I'll return your Scholar's glass THEN! And only then!!" The man Shouted back, grabbing his quill again. He leans his head into the letter and starts to write once more.

The Journey will start in Hobbiton, The Center of the Shire, Where I currently am Lodging. And our first task will be to Venture to The Misty Mountains, Into the Long Dark Deep of Moria, Any right-minded person would stay out of it, I know. But So much is left Unexplored! And..Its not like we are just Warping there, It'll be weeks..Months! Before we get there, Plenty of time to get good at a practice..Particularly one with a weapon..

Avarust looked at the Letter to his colleague..

Dont forget a weapon, or a Lore-book. Bring food! Supplies! I have my own, But im not going to feed you all. This isnt a Holiday, its business.

He scratches his head, thinking of what else to say.

Right! Right, the Path we will take.. From Hobbiton We'll venture into Bree. Then The Marshes, Lone-lands, The Trollshaws (Yes, Rivendel!) and We will make out the best path from there. The journey Starts in Three days, Before the end of the week. Be ready!

He slips the letter into an envelope, Stamping it with his Seal. A Big A and an R Crossing each other. In Purple wax. He Adds the rest of the info quickly and begins to write the rest of the letters.

They are sent After he is Done, to your address.
-----------------

Rules: Man, Elf, Dwarf, and Hobbit. Thats all the species, No more. There arent any Nekos or Anything like that. Vampires.. Might be in the lost tales but I dont know, And you cant be them either as they would be undoubtedly evil as hell. We are all equal, despite maybe being of a different Trade,
Avarust is a Burglar. Not in the sense that he Robs people (Which he does sometimes..) But in the sense that he is VERY quiet, Very good at finding weak points in armor, stunning opponents and Stabbing into Said Weak spots after stunning the enemy. Very good at Shadowy..Business.

This is before Gun powder, If there is any explosives it'll be black liquid or Black Powder Of Isenguard. Which is off limits to us.

I'll be your GM for this session if you choose to join and Im leaving Avarust's Profile out as none of you would really know much about him, but that hes a good Thief and that he is your friend, Your Profile will be the Standard stuff. Name, Age, Race, Powers, Weapon, Bio.. That stuff.

I hope some people join, This'll be awesome if some do!
Thanks.

-Roost

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rooster
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: There and Back Again, Again. An Adventurer's Tale. (Ic/ooc)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightia on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Name: Lewan Sithel
Ageing: 27
Race: Human
Personality: Lewan is not exactly to be considered a 'friend', she considers other beings more as points of interest. She's a good actress, and no longer really has a defined personality, she's just like actress without a backstage. She can pretty much impersonate anyone, though she still does have a few consistent concealed traits. For instance, the real Lewan is rather unfeeling, and distant, and love is pretty much a fairy tale to her. Though she encourages the suspicions that she is bipolar. She's pretty much just along to observe, watch how these 'adventurer's' handle the journey... Though there is a part of her, that longs to travel on this venture.
Biography: Lewan was once a normal little girl, with her younger brother, Tivio. Her parents died in a fire when she was ten, and she was left to take the care of her younger brother. Tivio was just a serious little boy of six, the thread that held Lewan's sanity together, the only thing familiar left. She began to learn of the thieves, the troubles behind the pleasant sheltered life she and her family had happily lived, the Tivio was still there, and still cared. She came to believe that the nature of others was false, you couldn't trust their 'personality' and you couldn't trust them. Except for her little brother. And then, he died of an illness, he was silent to the very end. Because of that, it led Lewan to believe he was disappointed in her, how she couldn't take care of him... And she fell apart. If there was nothing true, why should she herself not be untrue? False, many personalities, she had no true self. And Actress without a back stage. She acted in taverns, traveled aimlessly, watching, observing the false natures of all.
Appearance: Lewan's eyes are a very unusual color, thought in certain lights to be violet, though many claim it's just an odd shade of blue. Her hair is pale blond, reaching down to mid-back. Her eyelashes are an unusual pale color, almost white... She has cream colored skin, not really pale, and not exactly tanned, and Lewan Sithel's face is dramatically heart shaped. She is about 5'6, rather slim, but with strong arms and legs. She's not exactly the type you expect to go on a difficult adventure, but you might be surprised.
Weapons: Oh, she will tell you none with a flicker of hesitation, but don't let her deceive you... She always keeps a simple dagger with a plain wooden hilt on hand. The blade is double-edged, equally sharp, but one edge is straight and the other jagged.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightia
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

((XD OMG! I So want to join. Give me overnight to create a character to present to you, for I want it to be AWESOME! WHOO! Finally a Middle Earth Based Roleplay! Oh, And I'll either be hobbit or dwarf. I'm quite fond of both.))
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kumiko on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Name: Medris Bluntaxe
Race:Dwarf
Sex:male
Personality:Disobedient
Weapon: two handed axe and two one handed axes.
Appearance:Image
Bio:(I hate making a bi.o, but if you really want one I'll make one later
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Kumiko

Kumiko
Member for 10 years

((Sweet!!! i love Lord of the Rings so this should be fun. I wish to join. I think a shall be a hobbit, little people are always fun to role play as. I shall post my bio as soon as possible!))
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

commodore-fancypants
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:27 pm

((Cool guys ^^ And yes, Middle Earth is the Best place to RP in ;P ... Thats good that we have some Hobbits coming XD Always make the journey a bit..lighter.. Everyone needs a Marry and Pippin ^^; The Two that posted Characters are Accepted. You can post your little trek to Avarust's Home in Hobbiton if you want, I know that the Only dwarf Settlement close to The Shire is...Thorin's Hall..Thats the name : P The closest Human Settlement Would be Bree, But Avarust likes the shire so he lives there >.>;! No elves yet, Thats.. XD Hobbits have never really seen Elves MAJORLY, which is why the Fellowship was dumbfounded by Rivendel... But dwarves Hate 'em. This is shaping up quite nicely...We need at least one pointy ear though.))

Rooster
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

((Well, if there aren't any elves, I'll make an elf...I thought there was one already so I just planned on being a dwarf or something. I had kinda looked forward to making a she-dwarf character...But I'm willing to make an elf if you really want one. Let me know.))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:01 pm

((Nah, its fine. She-dwarf? XD They look alike!))

Rooster
Member for 11 years

Name: Clover Tunnelly
Race: Hobbit
Appearance: about 3 foot 5 inches tall with long dirty blond hair.She wears a long green skirt with brown boots.She has a white shirt with a green vest over it. She has large brown eyes.
Personality: She is a fun loving hobbit that secretly taught herself to fight. She loves to go out and have fun but she usually is forced to do chores at home. Her dad is usually at the Prancing Pony((She lives in Bree)), getting drunk so Clover has to do all the work. She also has a bad temper.
Weapon((WHEEEE fighting hobbit)): Daggers but knows much about alchemy and potions from a book her father had hidden. ((Yes there is alchemy, hence the black powder! Its just not that popular))
Last edited by commodore-fancypants on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

commodore-fancypants
Member for 10 years

((Yes, a she-dwarf. XD I'll finish her and get the profile up soon. ))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:35 pm

(( Icky she-dwarf... Beards... XD Anyways, The hobbit is accepted.))

Rooster
Member for 11 years

Clover sadly walked back to her house as her father yelled at her from the door of the Prancing Pony. Yet again her plan for fun was spoiled by her drunken dad. " I never get to have any fun" she grumbled as she almost slipped on a letter that was on the floor of her house. Curious, she opened it and read "A journey for those who have read all The books of the Older days...." Her lips curled up into a smile as she continued to read. This was just the thing she was looking for! Before her father returned, Clover gathered all she could at the time, for she could get more when they stop in Bree. With bags in hand, the hobbit left the town she called home, knowing she would probably only see it once more.

She walked on though half the night until her feet began to ache. Clover wanted to get there as soon as possible, but her feet and her stomach where screaming to loud. Sighing, she sat by a tree, even though she was almost there, almost to Hobbiton. As she sat, Her eyelids seemed to get heavier, and she silently slipped into sleep.

commodore-fancypants
Member for 10 years

Name: Eisa
((Full introduction being ‘Eisa, daughter of Fjessa and Eidon, born of the Ironfist clan.’))
Appearance:http://eikou-neko.deviantart.com/art/Eida-a-She-Dwarf-129040945
Weapons: Two dual-edged war axes
Personality: Eisa, like most of the dwarrow, doesn’t hide her opinions, and opinions she has. She’s stubborn, but luckily her adamancy is for the better usually, as she’s kind at heart. She loves to laugh and sing, and does so heartily and often. When she’s mad, she’s really mad, but as she’s a dwarf, that shouldn’t be a problem.
Bio: As most dwarrow find themselves scattered across Middle Earth, Eisa is lucky to be alive at all. Her father Eidon worked as a miner for many of his years with his own father, who still remembered the good old days of the dwarven kings. Eidon, after being lucky enough to find love with her mother, Fjessa, they moved on from the Blue Mountains and built a house outside of Bree. Here Eidon worked as a smith, mostly shoeing horses, but for a dwarf, he was far better off than others.
Eida has grown up here for pretty much all of her life, so the inhabitants of the town all know she’s a female, but those who are just travelers still mistake her as male, which usually just makes Eida laugh. Once old enough, she helped out around town to help earn the money dwarrow are so fond of, but after 87 years in one places, she’s itching for an adventure.

((Dwarrow is the Tolkien plural for dwarf. In the appendices-or was it the silmarilion?- he regards dwarves as a serious error in grammar, even though he’s used the term dwarves himself.))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightia on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 am

Lewan softly closed the door of her room behind her, before turning, and froze. A sealed letter rested upon the plain wooden table that dominated the tiny inn room. For a while the woman ignored it, braiding her light blond hair as she peered out the slats in her closed shutters. Very soon though, her violet eyes blankly shifted back to the object of curiosity. After a couple more minutes of silent contemplation, she slowly stood, and walked over to the table. Lewan Sithel swiftly swept up the letter with her hand, reaching for a letter-opener. Holding the opened envelope in her hand, she still did not read what had been sent to her, as if hesitating that she should attempt such a thing.

Lewan let her hand fall to her side, where upon the written message slid out of it's snug slot, and fell to the wooden boards of the floor. With an audible sigh, Lewan bent down to pick it up, and began to read it. "An adventure huh?" Lewan dropped the letter, this time not bothering to pick it up. For a second her reply to the summons was plain on her face, and the next, a sort of obstinate blankness. "I might go." She stated to herself softly, calmly, with every intention to set out that evening.

Nightia
Member for 11 years

"This is the last one I'm givin' ye!" Eida smacked a pint of ale down on the bar, the bar her she was just tall enough to rest her chin on, in front of a rather drunk looking young man. "Ye'll have to get another bartender if'n ye want to drown what lil' sanity ya have left even further!"

"Dun gimme tha' lecture agin, Ms. Shorty! Ima drink how much I durn well please!" The young man grumbled with a drunken slur. Eida had heard similar complaints more than once, but this man, of all people, should know better than to call her such names. She turned around to face him again.

"Now, Taurin! Don't make me smack tha' smug look offa yer face! Ye know very well I watched ye grow up to the slack-jawed drunk ye are now, so if'n I say, I ain't givin ye no more ale, then I ain't givin' you no more ale!" Of course Taurin was barely effected by Eida's rant. He backed off, but he did go sit in another part of the bar in order for another bartender to serve him if he stayed conscious through his current pint.

Eida frowned and turned herself in the direction of the dirtied cups, mind set on washing them and keeping away from the drunks, half of which were travelers who thought her male. Usually she'd laugh at it, but she seemed to be in a foul mood tonight, and she felt as if she'd smack the block off of the next idjit who made a wise crack about her gender or height. A hand came and rested on her shoulder, Eida turned swiftly to find it was the bar's owner and manager.

"Why doncha go home for the night. Mayhaps some sleep will wipe a bit of that temper away,"

"Thanks be to ye, Mr.Gavin! Though don't suppose sleep is all I need," Of course, she only used the title 'Mister' as he was an employer. She was still a good forty years older than the man.

"Then what do ye need?"

"A change in scenery, I think," To this, the Barkeep laughed.

"Ye got it good here, lass! It may not be so easy in some other place. I recommend you stay!" Eida gave look to the barkeep and then turned for the coat hooks for her cloak.

"Good eventide to ye, Mr.Gavin!" And she took her leave of the place.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years

A shifting in the undergrowth awoke Clover with jolt. Her large brown eyes seemed glazed with fatigue after the long nights walk. She raised to her feet and continued onward through the trees. After an almost hour walk, she could see the small hobbit houses blanketed with grass. She had reached Hobbiton at last. When she saw this, the tired glaze still lingering on her eyes lifted and she picked up speed. There it is. My adventure will soon begin. Clover thought happily. When she got to the bottom of the hill, a sense of peace covered her. She had never in her in her life seen so many like her! A smile took her face when she saw the nice peaceful life the ones living in Hobbiton lived. Clover almost didn't want to leave, but then she remembered why she had come. Her heart jumped as she though more and more of this adventure on which she was about to embark. Though she loved such peace, as most hobbits do; what she longed for was adventure, and adventure she shall get.

commodore-fancypants
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:33 pm

((Oh, god, You guys are Doing such a good job reminding me of the Beginning of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, Keep in mind that we set out shortly after The Fellowship reaches Moria, So we'll run into the Same baddies as them! x3 ))

Avarust sat outside, A Mug in his hand, Holding A Bit of Cider. He Yawns and Rocks back and forth. If you squinted your eyes Mr. Avarust the Thief would look rather like Boromir of Gondor, A thing he has been told Many...Many...Times, And he did! Which was funny, to him at least...But he had Darker Hair then Boromir...He wore Purplish tinged Clothes... and wasnt some Captain of the Tower!

He laughed, His Pipe in his other hand, His Two Daggers at his Side. He puts the pipe to his mouth and takes a few puffs, letting out a ring. It floats over the cliff his house was near, downwards...through the Darkening light of the shire's fields. He chuckles.

"Soon...The only place my Rings will be able to float is through The Dark of Moria... But..its a ways away.." He shrugged, Taking his pipe from his mouth and taking a gulp of Cider.

"The Shire...From Hobbiton to Bywater..Cross around the Swamp.. We could take a ferry across the river or use the bridge..Might be crowded this time of year..But then again I dont trust Hobbit craftsmanship unless its Alcohol or Pipe weed!" He laughs, taking another sip of his Cider.

Avarust was a patient man, And this day was a good one, He would soon start his adventure, hopefully outdoing Bilbo..He knows he wont outdo Mr. Frodo if he succeeded.. and if he didnt, his adventure would just be another piece of Paper for the Orcs to burn...

He takes another puff, reaching over to his Table beside his rocking chair, He grabs a slice of bread and butter and takes a bite, letting the smoke flow out his mouth as he chewed it. (( I've always wanted to do that after I saw Merry do it in The Return of the King. Just looked so damn delicious.)) He swallows the bread, washing it down with some Cider, then another puff of the Shire's Finest.

"Aaaaaaany day now." He says, Another puff, then a ring. He smiles as he hears The music from the town, it was Harvest time and everyone wanted to Celebrate..it would be a great time to Set out.. And then! It happened! What The Shire is Rumored for! A fire work volley into the black of the skies of Arda! Their beauty matched Varda, The goddess of The Stars, The ones the Elves love favorite. Avarust loved the shire...

(( I think it can be Used...Loosely, Y'know? The Dwarrow thing, I think Dwarrow would be just like Saying Dwarf-Kind instead of Dwarves, But if you want I'll say Dwarrow from now on. ^^))

Rooster
Member for 11 years

((Like I said, Tolkien himself used both, so I really don't mind. I just figured that since my character is a dwarf, she'd use Dwarrow more than Dwarves.))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rooster on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:06 pm

((Yeah, its all good, then ^^ Heh, it would add some interesting Story plot if Avarust had dated her before XD))

Rooster
Member for 11 years

((O.o Wow, that'd be way weird!))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!