Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

There's No Way Out

There's No Way Out

a part of “There's No Way Out”, a fictional universe by CandyOrchird.

(REVIVAL) Trapped in a new video game, a group of 5 adventurers from all over the world are forced to find their way through the video game, to the end, and to the life they left.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “There's No Way Out”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

There's No Way Out

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Hello everyone! Thanks for opening. I'm going to edit and add my character hopefully this evening, it should all work just fine.

Please ask questions! And reserve roles here. Or just chat here. Whatever suits your fancy. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: There's No Way Out

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:45 pm

This looks rather interesting. Are there still vacancies? If so I do plan on submitting a character to hopefully occupy one.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:26 pm

There is most certainly spots open! :) Pick one that suits your fancy, and get back to me on which one you choose, and you're more than welcome to join.

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 am

Sounds fun. If it's open, could I try the tank role? If someone else wants/has that role I'll take the mêlée attacker instead. :)
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:41 pm

No one's taken any roles yet! I'll put you in the Tank role. :)

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Awesome! I'll start making a CS right away.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyborgMerlin on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:38 pm

I'd like to have the other caster if that's alright with you. Also, in this game are there different fantasy races or are the characters all human?

CyborgMerlin
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JackalopeLove on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:03 am

I'm interested in this. If I could reserve the ranged I would be very thankful!

JackalopeLove
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Ignore this please. Was interested but no longer have the free time to play.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:12 am

So sorry everyone!! My internet went down. :(

@CyborgMerlin - There's always other races! Feel free to choose whichever one suits you best. :) xx

@JackalopeLove - I'll put you on the list. Thank you so much.

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Well, even though there's some holes, I'm considering getting this RP moving.

Any objections? :3

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Yup. We've still got to wait for ranged and melee characters. And I don't really get much about this game world thing. What levels are our characters at? Number of spells, abilities, etc.? How're we starting off? :)

I can take over for the melee if you want. Or ranged, but I think that's already taken. :)

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avaria Moonwhisper on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:27 am

I re did my character for Melee, I think it won't show up until you accept it. But I did redo her.
I'm a mischievous kitten... Fear me.

Avaria Moonwhisper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 am

(Accidentally pressed log out and deleted everything… Thank you, life)

@Avaria - Thank you so much! :) Got you edited in.

@Alle - Sorry! I've been freaking about my classes so much, haven't been too clear I guess!

I'll start the first post in a bit here, but essentially what it'll be is your real life character finding the beta package, and going to play (whether it be on the spot or a few hours later). None of them were informed that they were chosen as beta players, while they had all signed up to be in that list, they have no idea who else is with them or how many other players will be testing with them.

Aramnia is a load-up like every other MMO (setting up the account, character, stats, etc.), but as soon as they hit 'Enter World,' their body goes into a comatose state, and boom! they're in.

The battle arena, where all new players spawn, is a small, colosseum-like area filled with the stereotypical shops where you can find all that the new character would need, complete with PvP sparring and training dummies to get a hold of the fighting style before leaving the arena.

Once you leave the arena, though, you can't get back in. Everything within scales to level 10, but outside of the arena, you'll find the neutral/evil creeps that will attack, and potentially kill, characters. (While your human body won't die, it will be severely disabled from the severing of the connection. So don't die! PSA of the day.)

Outside of the arena is where (theoretically) everyone would realize they have to start banding together in order to make it through alive. Hopefully we all make it to the Battle For The West. It's theoretically a level 100 instance (max-level), though all levels can enter, but the lowest ones tend to squish.

Spells and abilities vary based by class. Healers and mages will have more, while the tank will have less. Mages, at max level, depending on how their trait tree has been selected can have up to 20 attack spells and 10 healing spells.

Tank/melee, you'll have about 10-15 damaging abilities, and 3 self-heals (not very good, but that's why there's casters). Ranged, you'll have about 10-15 damaging abilities, and 5 various abilities (true sight, set a trap, etc.)

Leveling up is kind of a messy deal, given the way we're 'playing' this game. I think I might set it up that you have to kill x amount of neutral/creeps to level up to level x. So, while we all start at 1, within the battle arena to level up to 2 you'll have to kill 2 creeps. Assists do count, so that when we get out of the arena it's easier.

(Not going to be stingy on this - eventually it'll be at the level points where we don't to write up the killing of fifty different creatures. So just pretend and level up when you think you would level up. XD)

I hope this all makes more sense! Sorry again, I could've sworn by the seven that I covered that. xD Any more questions, please ask them! ^^ xx
(Congrats! You made it through the long post. You gets a cookie).

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:56 am

I trust you'll all make decently substantial posts that we can work off of when necessary. I won't make a word requirement. :P

EDIT -
First post up! Doesn't need to be as long as what I put out. XD You're welcome to start your character in Aramnia already. I didn't, due to a small time constraint right now, but if you so choose to your character will seamlessly wake up. It's as if they've aware that they're not in their real body, but it's not an active thought process.

Does that make sense?

Like, those things that you know exist, but you're not thinking about it enough to actually go, "Oh, that's what this is!" (Just like my little "goaticorn" rant this morning, where I was aware that goaticorn stood for goat unicorn, but then it finally clicked that's what it stood for. xD)

I don't know. I hope that makes sense. I just done reading my psychology book so I might be a little insane. :D

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:29 am

To Aviara - sorry, my bad. Whoops. Cool, two large swords users! Maybe they can bond over it :)

Ohh, so it's kind of like a ghost memory where it seems that the RL is like a dream of a dream of the Gamer characters who've inherited the Real Life peoples personalities?

Should we make a list for the abilities and spells we've got? (assuming that what you stated above is the number we've got for level 10.) Then continue adding abilities for the characters as they level up. :)

Also, since we don't have a ranged character, I can make a character for that role if you want. :)

Good luck with studies!

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Yeah, you've got the idea there. :3 (Put it in words that I couldn't think of XD)

Pfffffffft. So totally thought we did. Whoops! Uh, yeah, JackalopeLove's had a few days to get going on that, so if anyone wants to take that role you most certainly can! (Not required, as I can just move Favorin to be a melee carry and have one mage or some odd thing like that).

Level 10 would probably be around 5-6 spells/abilities depending on the class. Since near the arena is still pretty low level (I'm going to make a map for our Fellowship quest line, where we eventually hit the final battle), I'm not terribly definitive on lvl 100 spells and stuff right now. I mean, we won't want any godmoders, but we all want to make it alive >w<

Can probably put that list on the character sheet, maybe somewhere near the top so we don't have to scroll through everything to see them. I'll work on kind of a general ability list in a bit here. :)

If you really want to make the ranged, that's totally fine! I'm not going to say you need to or anything. It's all up to you.

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avaria Moonwhisper on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:55 pm

So I really hope I got the setting you were thinking of right when it came to my character 'waking up' And I hope my post was pretty good. I'm pleased with it.

Avaria Moonwhisper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CandyOrchird on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Awesome , guys!! :) xx

I'm really excited. :3

(Now I feel bad for just kinda breezing through my character selection phase, but eh. xD)

I'll give CyborgMerlin a day or two more to get his post up before continuing. He can always catch up, just say it was a postal error. :P
Unless you guys want to get at it right away?

CandyOrchird
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:01 am

I say we wait for cyborgmerlin. :)

As for the ranged character, if Jackalope love doesn't respond by the time cyborgmerlin posts I'll make a character. I'm pretty cool with playing two characters :) (though I wonder if I'm being a dick by doing this...)

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!