Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Things You Can Do To Make RPGateway Better For Everyone

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Things You Can Do To Make RPGateway Better For Everyone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Whew, that's a long title. I think there is a list like this somewhere, but I can't remember where. Anyways, here goes.

1. Use other forums? Add our link to your sig.
Here's a quick and easy one:
Code: Select all
I'm a member of [url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com]RolePlay Gateway[/url].

And if you're really REALLY in love with RPGateway, here's a pretty:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com][img]http://www.roleplaygateway.com/styles/prosilver/imageset/rpgateway.png[/img][/url]

2. Post.
Try to post to everything and everything. You don't even have to post in RPGs, just post a lot in the Main Lobby and the Other forum. Start new topics! See how popular of a topic you can make!

3. Welcome new users.
New users don't always go to the Welcome Desk. Send PMs to newly registered users, welcoming them to the community! If you want to get something out of this, invite them to join your RPG or thread. Be helpful! (I'd really be amazed if someone started giving out paper plate awards for the 'Best Welcome Giver')

4. Invite others.
Invite other people to come and organize their games here on RPGateway. The bottom line is that we're better. Right?

5. Enjoy yourself.
We're all here to have fun. Laugh, joke, play. Don't take this stuff too seriously, it's just the internet. If you get mad, get up and walk away.

6. Complain.
That's right. Complain to me (or the other Admins). Post in the Help forum. Nothing helps us more than user feedback!
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote:If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: Things You Can Do To Make RPGateway Better For Everyone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:59 am

And here's a bonus, for those of you who really care.

Search for unanswered posts, and make it your goal to cut the number of unanswered posts down to 0.

You can find the unanswered posts button on the forum index, just above and to the left of all the forums.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:32 am

I will start right away. ^^ My absence lately has made me miserable and now I partially back. I want to do what I can.

Aelita
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:20 am

I am definately going to start working on the unanswered threads right away and work on welcoming new members, both in PMs and in the Welcome forum.

I'm not part of any other forum, really, but I am going to put a link to the site on my MySpace page and FaceBook eventually. Do we have any cool banners that I could put on there instead of just the link? I need something that is more noticeable that makes people want to click on it! I'm horrible at creating stuff like that. (I'm a ctually about to go to another thread and ask for help making a Melfina signature banner and avatar. -_-)
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:51 am

Angel_Melfina wrote:I am definately going to start working on the unanswered threads right away and work on welcoming new members, both in PMs and in the Welcome forum.

I'm not part of any other forum, really, but I am going to put a link to the site on my MySpace page and FaceBook eventually. Do we have any cool banners that I could put on there instead of just the link? I need something that is more noticeable that makes people want to click on it! I'm horrible at creating stuff like that. (I'm a ctually about to go to another thread and ask for help making a Melfina signature banner and avatar. -_-)

LOL, by "unanswered threads" I don't think Eric means "dead threads from two years ago" but you're old school and we all love you so it's okay.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:23 am

Angel_Melfina wrote:I am definately going to start working on the unanswered threads right away and work on welcoming new members, both in PMs and in the Welcome forum.

Sorry for the mega delayed response, but, yeah.

We don't really have any UBER AWESOME images or banners (though, one of our awesome artists should start a thread for people to post things they've made), but you can hotlink to our banner image an' shiz, like I do in my current sig.

More posts breed more posts, so yay for you. And for all of you complaining about low posting rates, shut up and start posting. Mmmkay? I'll barrage you all with IMs and phone calls if you need to be reminded. }=]

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kheelan Razor on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:25 pm

619 unanswered post but a bunch are peoples rp stories so can't answer them but man could i push my post count up lol

Kheelan Razor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hekura on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:28 pm

alright...

as for making the forum better for everyone...

i got on the site for a chance to go RP, and a chance to further develop my RP skills, but making people happy is fun too!^_^

alright, I can't find a site suggestion page/thread/box, so again, if i'm outta line, lynch me later...

one of the things i've noticed is that the site is a little difficult to understand. the coloring without borders(however i did notice the two-tone color shading) makes each post kinda hard to decipher. I dunno what kinda forum host you're using, or if it's your own forum, but my general knowledge in forums is that borders are somewhat necessary.

Also, the text coloring on the background. It all seems to kinda blend in to the effect that it's like im looking at someone's myspace page. it's kinda difficult to read the text/info.stats at the bottom, eg. online users and such. If you have a light blue background, I would suggest a darker blue font, or sonmething that sticks out yet still blends nicely.

again, im sorry. If you decide to lynch me, try not to too much...

im only a noob XD

Hekura
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Not sure what you're talking about, Hekura. There is a thin white border between each post. And the forum background is tan. ???

Village Alchemist
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:27 pm

*formulates idea*

What about t-shirts? If it's to crazy and wild, then let me know, but just hear me out first.

Someone could make a t-shirt design and get in contact with a t-shirt making company. Then they could be sold here--the site, not this thread--for money! And if they pay extra, they could get their username somewhere on the shirt, or a saying or something. I know that there are some people that donate to the site, but others probably want something out of it, right? So why not t-shirts?

I don't know, but I would feel special if I had a RolePlayGateway t-shirt. I'd feel like I'm in some kind of special club. =)

Just putting the idea out there.

"RolePlayGateway is proudly powered by obscene amounts of caffeine, duct tape,..." <--Ever notice this at the bottom of the page?

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.