Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon »

Players Wanted: Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos »

This is me :)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

This is me :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amphisbaena on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:28 am

Hello all! I am kj, although my username is amphisbaena. I will respond to either :)

The amphisbaena is a mythical creature said to be created from the blood dripping from Medusa's head. It is a two-headed snake (one head on each end of the snake), representing many different themes like danger, good fortune, etc. As all things were in the past, I assume. Nothing can be simple, haha. I like the idea of this creature because it just seems so silly to hold so much power. I mean, which snake head controls direction? Who controls which half of the body shared between them? I think these are important questions to ask. Or maybe not. But they sure do get you scratching your head.
I am a teenage girl living in the United States, although soon I will be a real life adult and off to college, which is pretty scary in itself. I am not immature but I'm sure my age will shine through in this introduction, haha. I was introduced to online, forum-based roleplay on the IMVU forums years and years ago. I was so young, which is scary for what I witnessed on those forums. I fell in love, and through the years have gone in and out of online roleplay.
Now that I am older, though, I feel more comfortable in myself and my writing abilities and would like to be more present online. I have come and gone on other sites, but roleplay gateway feels like it will soon become a home.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! If you ever have a burning desire to discuss mythology of any kind, tell ghost stories, or talk about why pickles do belong in macaroni and cheese, shoot me a message and I would love to discuss!

-kj <3

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

amphisbaena
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: This is me :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EarthWanderer08 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 am

Hello there, I am simply Earth. I go by Terra in some circles, but dont tell anyone. No one here calls me that. Lol. I'm just reciprocating what you said.

Listen, it's hard for me to say this, but...pickles DO NOT belong in mac and cheese. Lol. You can debate me in the chat once you get around to it. There is a dropdown menu for the site, and it will guide you to the new chat. But there is also the Riot X app for mobile comfort. That said, PM if you have any questions. If I dont know the answer, I will find it. Let's debate food!

P.S. Earth is a cook and loves food.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EarthWanderer08
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Beta Tester Tipworthy Person of Interest Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Welcome KJ, welcome to the site. You'll find that Greek Mythology is popular on this site. I myself am a Greek Myth fanatic.

Here are some things to help you get started on this site.

One of the places you can start looking at is the Universes Tab. All new RPGs are posted there. You can check out to see what kind of rpgs there are.

Another thing you can do is also post what kind of RPGs you like or dislike in this thread here. This is basically used to help GMs find players for their RPGs. It is found in the Roleplayers Wanted forum which is another place to find RPGs, especially if they're older ones looking for new players.

Also be sure to read the rules for this site here. It's pretty easy to follow them, but just be aware.

Earth forgot to mention this, but you can't send PMs yet until you've made 10 posts in forums. This site is big, but if you need help, you can also ask questions right here in this thread.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Allaran_Darkbane on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:41 am

Welcome to Roleplaygateway! I hope you enjoy your stay. Look forward to meeting you in chat!
I serve in the darkness to protect the light.

Allaran_Darkbane
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Conversationalist Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!