Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 »

Players Wanted: Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos »

We're in this together, no matter what

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

We're in this together, no matter what

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypherxk2 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:25 pm

He pushed off the skyscraper roof, launching himself high into the air at a full sprint. It had been way too long since he had had a chance to somewhat cut loose. Not since his last investigation ended six months ago had he been pushed to his absolute limits. Things had been real quiet in his sector since he single handedly shut down a cartel of intergalactic arms and drug dealers. Quite the unprecedented accomplishment for a newly instated intergalactic investigator.

He felt a wave of exhilaration surge through his body as he took in the view. His alien side kicked in, allowing him to make out minute details he saw from his falling vantage point. Things seemed to be moving slower than normal, giving him ample time to calculate his landing point. Not that it mattered since he jumped again moments after landing next to a weathered stone gargoyle. As much as he lovd this, he had to get back. His assistor was probably gonna start...

"Onii-san, where are you?! You should have been here by now!"

Yep, that was her contacting his communicator. He missed his landing mark by quite a margin, rebounding off an brightly colored raindow awning with a rather colorful string of curses. Correcting his trajectory with a backward flip, he landed among the crowd on the sidewalk below. Thankly his geno-cyber armor OOC: (G-cyber for short. Its called armor but its more of a moderately armor-plated body suit) absorbed 80% of the impact from his abrupt stop. He maybe be able to take harder beating than humans, but that doesn't mean he couldn't suffering from similar injuries. He integrated stealth camouflage hid him from unwanted eyes as his G-cyber armor disappeared in a blindly flash. While the flash went unnoticed by passerbys, his armor was replaced by a gray shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

"Sorry, Selene." He said trying to keep the annoyance out of his voice while using a smartphone that disguised his communicator, "Went for a evening stroll through the city."

"You should have cleared it with me, first!" she said pointedly, "You might have been issued a case while you were incommunicado!"

"Need I remind you that my handler would meet me in person if a case came up in my sector" He retorted lamely, pinching the bridge of his nose as the ghost of a smile touched his face.

Her stammering over her words made him laugh. That was the dynamic of their relationship. They'd bicker like little kids over something then make up to each other later laughing like a pair of hapless fools. Some would go so as to say they had something akin to a sibling, best friend, and lover relationship all at once.

He heard the discharge of a fully charged pulse pistol. This stapped him out of his cheerful mood almost before he fully registered the sound. He was moving toward the sound even as he switched back into his G-cyber armor. He blew past a girl moving into an alley. His visor activated as Selene interfaced with his suit.

"Be careful," Selene said, tsuderequse demeanor replaced by a more analytical one, "My biometric scan indicates an alien lifeform. Analysis commencing now."

"Got it, but that stench I'm smelling gives it away," He replied, repressing his urge to gag, "That's freaking Ryigus. I don't care how much cologne he puts on. There ain't shit that will cover the scent of THAT many corpses."

OOC: This is something I threw together on a whim. I was inspired in part by Tetsuwan Birdy. Need someone to play the girl my character runs past after the pulse pistol discharge. Jump in if you want.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypherxk2
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: We're in this together, no matter what

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mirzavanyaa on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:57 am

Retrieveing her flight pad, Vyxen returned to the hanger to find her Demonhauk repainted in her old racer's scheme. "Reaper blue and crimson, been awhile since I've seen that." she said softly. Pausing to notice that the military markings were also gone. She looked back, taking in the sight of the normal goings on. Climbing in the cockpit Vyxen ran through a truncated start up list as the Demonhauk was moved to the maglev catapult. Opening the nav screen with a thumb swipe, she sets a course to Alpha Centari 3.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mirzavanyaa
Member for 3 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!