Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

TiV: Rebirth

TiV: Rebirth OOC

a part of “TiV: Rebirth”, a fictional universe by MayContainPlagiarism.

The land of Arcania is danger when a coup places a tyrant in power. An ancient evil moves to reclaim this realm, and the last piece of its plan is hiding aboard the Rooster...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “TiV: Rebirth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

TiV: Rebirth OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri May 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Hello! This is the official out of character thread for all things Train in Vain: Rebirth.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: TiV: Rebirth OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkferret on Fri May 22, 2015 9:55 pm

mwhahahahahahahahahahaha. This is so much fun.
Power

Wisdom ▲ ▲ Courage
^
Shadow

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darkferret
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat May 23, 2015 5:33 am

I feel like a coup mastermind. I join RPG a week and a half ago, I slip into an RP as the last person, and a few days later I've stolen it and your hearts.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat May 23, 2015 5:38 am

Best. Mutiny. Ever!
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat May 23, 2015 2:33 pm

I think this is a fair warning for everyone: I have never operated an rp involving this many characters or writers. For the last 3 years Ive exclusively done 1x1 rps, and I've been doing a pretty shit job of it. When I joined the original Train In Vain RP, I was going to ease myself back into group roleplaying-and then I ended up running an RP for a bazzilion people. I am not complaining; summer vacation is a week away, and other than driver's Ed (which should take up no more than 7 total days) I'm completely free to write, read, and moderate. I do ask, however, that you all remain mindful of the rules and do not go ballistic with constant posts.
Last edited by MayContainPlagiarism on Sat May 23, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Sat May 23, 2015 2:34 pm

You got it bossman.
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat May 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Quick update from MayContainPlagiarism (and me, partially.), not that anyone really needs it:

1. We're waiting for 2 characters (engineer and navigator) to get submitted and a revision on one of the RP's existing characters.

2. We're waiting for Kirsche to contact us back about submitting her character; We're not sure she got the Mutiny! memo.

3. We still plan to start sometime tomorrow.

4. We highly encourage everyone visit this discussion page and give their two cents. It has not yet been decided just how Steampunk the RP is going for, or how we're going to handle plasma/laser technology. https://titanpad.com/TVPRpjWqFy (everyone choose a DIFFERENT color)

5. MCP's personal note!: This is the only time I'll be at my laptop until tomorrow, so any OOC discussion the rest of the day will be answered by phone. If anyone has any uncertainties/issues letme know and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can to prevent the RP from being delayed any longer. I will be spending a few hours in the car so I do ask that anyone ask their questions now and give me something to do. Thank you.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby βəəlzəβ∩β on Sat May 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm really sorry to do this, but I will be unable to take on the navigator role.

I wish everyone the best of luck, and have fun!

βəəlzəβ∩β
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chikka on Sat May 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Sadly, I will also be withdrawing from the roleplay.

Have fun everyone. ;)

-

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
----------------------

Chikka
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat May 23, 2015 7:36 pm

I'll be honest: the regrettable loss of our navigator and maid is the result of my unproffessional conduct. While I am sorry I offended two of our fellow writers (and broke one of my own rules), the princess has been submitted and I believe everything is on order for the first batch of posts to be delivered tomorrow.

I would like to thank both beezle and Chika for their indescretion in this matter and their silent departure, rather than reciprocating my own behavior.

Moving forward, I hope the silence in the ooc before the storm is a good sign that everyone understands the RP. Byte was made co-gm but you are all equal members of this mental voyage. Assuredly you will run into undiscussed information needed in the RP, like train compartment descriptions and clothing styles. When in doubt, write what you feel is right if you are being waited on. No one will complain if you delay the RP a few hours to ask for lore, plot questions, or if a certain subject is acceptable and appropriate. Rule of thumb: sex is a no-no.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Sun May 24, 2015 12:30 am

I think you should put up a roleplayer's wanted thread if you haven't already.
I've got none that's good. So... yeah.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun May 24, 2015 12:36 am

Why? There's already 8+ writers and the train (well, story) can operate without a navigator. The captain or the mage will do the job in the absence of a dedicated professional.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Sun May 24, 2015 1:08 am

So I guess there's going to be a higher probability that we're going to get lost in the story? I'm cool with that. Makes the story more interesting if that happens. Also you might as well remove the characters from Chikawaa and Beezlebub.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun May 24, 2015 10:26 am

It has begun.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imp on Sun May 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello!

I just submitted a character to join up on this adventure. Is this the place to adapt her so she fits in with the rest of your lot, or should I do so in the request character thread? :)
Onwards,

Imp
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 am

Eh, posted. Could be better, could be worse I guess.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Tue May 26, 2015 6:21 pm

For everyone who is too busy or is still finishing up the last bits of their characters, don't worry too much about the posts you're missing. We're all kind of introducing our characters. No "major" scenes will happen until everyone is ready.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Tue May 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Introduction and the inevitable disagreements that such a colorful crew is going to have, of course.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Tue May 26, 2015 9:13 pm

William wasn't being sexually suggestive :0 (Ashleigh although I can see why he might be misinterpreted as coming onto them)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Tue May 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Perception is reality, my friend. It's how the world operates, and what better way to misinterpret than going off the deep end with it, eh? And Doc never necessarily claimed he was, he was merely warning him it might come across that way (Well, that was intended approach at any rate).

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!