Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Tools I use to keep Windows Running

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Tools I use to keep Windows Running

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:31 am

I recently made my final transition from Microsoft Windows to Linux, and have been completely spoiled by the lack of problems I have when compared to when I ran Windows. However, just because I personally made the transition doesn't mean everyone else has, and as a result of this I am often required to keep and maintain a Windows installation on several computers that I use. Windows is like a tempermental wildcat - but when treated properly, it can run smooth for some time. Here's some of the tools I use to do that.

CCleaner.

Google Pack.

(( This'll be updated as I go along. ))
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:55 am

My windows always runs great. *pets MSW*

(for those not as computer litrate MicroSoft Windows)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.