Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Youkai Street

Youkai Street

a part of “Youkai Street”, a fictional universe by cybernekokaito.

When the Spirit World and Human World collide, how do you plan to live your life from here on out?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Youkai Street”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Youkai Street

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Welcome to the OOC of Youkai Street! Ask any & all questions here, as well as reserve characters here!

The basics of what you'll need to know:
- Basics of what your youkai does
- What you'll need in the character sheet other than the basics:
  • If youkai, type of youkai.
  • If human, how long you've been living the town.
  • If youkai, what to you think of humans.
  • If human, what do you think of youkai.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Youkai Street

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmyz on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:14 am

Hii hii @ cybernekokaito *waving*

Looking good as always :D Got to join this one :o Love the plot and love youkais.. Can't resist haha..
However, i think i will reserva a human. FC Ayase, Chihaya. And she's been living in the forest village her whole life. And dispite growing up hearing stories about them, she don't believe in youkais at all x)

Image"Our human hearts forget how strong they are, and they get lost along the way.."
.:Birdy - Wild Horses:.

Friendly greetings / Emmyz

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Emmyz
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:26 am

consider the role reserved!!

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harυ-cнan on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:29 am

Face claim: Natsume, Asako

Human!

She would be new to the town, possibly just about two months living there? Long enough to know the group, of course. She is an Otaku, and basically upon hearing the stories of the Youkai, she absolutely had to check out the abandoned town. She doesn't believe in them really, but she is hopeful, a bit of a dreamer and would totally enjoy the idea of it being true.

And

Face claim: Erio Touwa

She would be a Kitsune.

Her opinion of humans? She deems them as a lesser species, but she does enjoy their company immensely. They're kind of like.. Kittens to her? Pets. That's the best way I can describe it. LOL.

Harυ-cнan
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:04 am

reserved!

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nosyfatguy on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 am

Yo, Cyberne I'd like to reserve a Yokai if that's okay with you ^.^

nosyfatguy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leocedus on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:27 am

Heyo! I would like to reserve a human role with Shota Kazehaya as face claim, if that would be fine.

You know that feeling when you realize you made a terrible mistake? Your about to feel that in a second or two.

Leocedus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:23 am

both are fine! :')

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:18 am

I'd like to reserve a female Youkai if that's alright. She'd be a Jorōgumo, and her view of humans would be kinda like a cat and mouse, her being the cat. Overall she views them as toys or food.

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reliquary on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:43 am

I'd love to reserve a male Yokai! he'd be a Tengu (Wise bird-like mountain spirit.) He's the protective and godlike kind. "All knowing" and calm kind of a deal. I put all knowing in quotes cause obviously he can't be all knowing haha.
FC|| Shirasu - Donten ni Warau
His view on humans? He finds them interesting an curious. Truly an indomitable race, they always seem to overcome and rise up from even the worst of catastrophic events. He knows himself to be above them, yet he respects the humans and does not look down upon them.
"Yet, even amidst the hatred and carnage, life is still worth living. It is possible for wonderful encounters and beautiful things to exist"
- Hayao Miyazaki

Reliquary
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:12 pm

reserved! but since im on mobile i can't edit the main page very well but they're reserved!

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:55 am

whoever makes the last human should be... not a girl, i think. or else we'll have too many on the humans side :(

however, if someone really wants to make another human after all the roles are filled, i might make an exception

EDIT: hm, on second thought... no matter if we have a boy or a girl we'll have one more than the other. i just thought there'd be too many girls for humans if there were all girls & one boy.

isn't it interesting how there's more girls for humans & more boys for youkai? www

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:23 am

If possible, I would like to reserve a male human role. I'll probably whip something up tonight, but figured I'd put a word in here that I'm interested in participating. I'll just go back to reading all the characters established thus far before working on my sheet.

Edit: Anyone kind enough to leave me their character skeleton to save me a bunch of time working out all that formatting? I'll manage otherwise, but it'd be way easier to fill in the blanks.

Edit2: Getting there without it folks! Almost done.

Edit3: All done! Hopefully it's up to scratch. My formatting is rusty. Check it!
Last edited by Tanman on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:51 am

Hmm, I think I'd like to play in this. Only, I'm wondering if everything's just going to be peachy, or is there going to be trouble in the midst? I want to make a troublemaking character, but, eh, I'll keep thinking on it. For now, I have this;

Face Claim: Mamizou Futatsuiwa (Touhou Project)
She's just your resident tanuki, and despite being one of the elders among Youkai (which she can't help but act on) she's not of great fame or anything, nor does she deal in much administrative matters. This might partly because she's female (although on frequent occasions she'll disguise her gender) but also because she doesn't think policy-making holds any true power over Youkai. Indeed, she's very down-to-earth and knows her community well, and although she's not hugely famous for anything, many know her and those that do typically hold her in high opinion. What many don't know, however, is how much influence she has over much of the Youkai, power she gained not through ruling right or manipulation, but by honest means. Still, she can use this power to do accomplish any whim she has and there's very few that can stop her. Both a honest person and a trickster, whatever her opinion of humans is may affect the fate of Youkai-Human relations heavily.

And her opinion? She's somewhat torn. She's well aware that humans and Youkai simply have different mindsets, but has a deeper connection with Youkai that she doesn't believe 'the big-wig sages' would understand. She also is somewhat well-acquainted with human society and actively seeks to extend her understanding of them, mainly so she has an advantage over the 'big-wigs'. She understands the human mindset well enough, and doesn't dislike humans as people any different from Youkai, but they are definitely people different from Youkai just as Youkai are different from each other, and thus, shouldn't be considered less or greater in that regard. Still, she understands the trends of the westernized world outside, and how not just the Youkai, but their culture, are threatened by the melting pot that is modern human society, and to integrate may be just as bad as to be exterminated, or at least so she fears.

PS: Where can I find the character sheet?

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 am

@Lloyd999: no character sheet really since i know people like to decorate theirs! all i ask is that you include the information i put in the first post other than the basics! also, you can make a troublemaker :') these are youkai after all

@Tanman: looking good!

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:14 am

on second thought, you must have meant the one i used! right here: roleplay/catbox-exe-storage/characters/character-sheet

i made this one!

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmyz on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:31 pm

So excited for this roleplay! All the characters look amazing... Nao is as good as done :) Might add more tomorrow.. we'll see..

Will there be a relationship thread? Since the humans will know the humans, and the youkai will know each other.. Shall we take the relations in pm?

Emmyz
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cybernekokaito on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:48 pm

i'll make a thread when i get home!

cybernekokaito
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reliquary on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:50 pm

I changed his view on humans in his sheet. Still respects them but, he does look down upon them. As he is *obviously* superior.. >_>

Reliquary
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Argh, all the images I pulled from danbooru/safebooru aren't working! Any fixes? My character profile is almost done, just have to finish the history (and the theme song) although I sort of want to leave it out. I've been growing fond of just leaving the history to be revealed in the roleplay.

Sort of excited to see how all the characters interact with one and another. I'd be down for a relationships thread, that is, once all the character profiles are actually finished. I'm sure I know quite a few characters that mine wouldn't be very fond of and others that would get along fabulously. Am I going to be the antagonist? Who knows!

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!