Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

mbuki-mvuki

Words

a part of “mbuki-mvuki”, a fictional universe by angelwolf123.

(v.) (phr.) to shed one's clothing spontaneously and dance naked in joy

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “mbuki-mvuki”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Words

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:44 pm

ImageImageImage

So, I decided this would be important enough to make its own thread for. Sorry for the confusion, and especially for Tanman who had been diligent enough to already write up their interpretation. Link here.

While I'm here, I might as well mention some additional points on the nature of the words.

Words need to be spoken out loud to activate.

I suspect that quite of few words will have abilities relating to manipulating a person's emotions, interpretations of reality, or so on. Since I will do my best to ensure these abilities are as fair and balanced as possible, I ask you all to be good sports about it if you find your character on the receiving end of such a power. None of that 'my character is too cool, it doesn't affect them' business. Instead, think of it as a fun opportunity to write about something dramatic happening to your character. Ham it up!

Look at other player's words and try to avoid overlapping abilities as much as possible. Of course, certain things can't be helped, and we won't make a big deal about it. But remember that it's valuable to have a variety in the purposes of words. If everyone attempts to make their word as lethal and dangerous as possible, then the group will be helpless when encountering a puzzle Blight. Offense, defense, support, and utility are equally valuable.
girls dont get hiccups... they get she-cups.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: Words

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:32 pm

C H A I R.

INITIAL CAPABILITIES.
Well, Martin's word is chair. It's a very simple word, so I imagine he'd be able to use it rather freely. To be blunt, he can spawn chairs at will. Yeah. And since his word is "CHAIR" and not "CHAIRS", he can only spawn one at a time. While he has to say the word "chair" to activate the ability, he has to repeat "chair" over and over and over in his mind if he wishes to spawn a pile of them.

After a few minutes of figuring, Martin would be able to spawn a variety of chairs. A simple metal foldable chair to bash someone over the head, or a big heavy armchair to appear over an enemy. A mass of chairs as wall, or to use as step stool. Perhaps even an electric chair? Although I doubt that sort of thing would be particularly effective against monsters.

Overall, I consider "chair" to be a strong utility word.

EVENTUAL CAPABILITIES.
If Martin properly researches his word and grows up enough as a character, maybe I will allow him access to the second definition of chair. He will need to work hard and prove himself worthy of it, however.
the person in charge of a meeting or organization (used as a neutral alternative to chairman or chairwoman).

I am interpreting this second definition to mean "influence over others' decisions".

He cannot influence a person in any way unless they are already making a decision. If they are doing so, then he can tilt the choice in whichever way he pleases. Since a "chair" refers to presiding over a group, this ability will grow stronger when there are more people involved.

I think this is a very cool sounding ability, but I can't imagine it having much practical use until a Blight comes along that requires the students to deal with people.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 猫ババ on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:16 pm

◢ F l y t r a p Image
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X X Xit catches its prey...
Annabelle has the ability to temporarily catch someone in a trance. The target will lose all ability to think for itself and begin following Anna wherever she desires to bring them. This power however only lasts a minute in the beginning, as time goes on this ability will evolve to where she can hold people in a trance for a longer amount of time. The ability also has other weaknesses, which consist of: extreme fatigue to the user with extended use; required distance between user and target; target can break trance if the user becomes distracted.

X X X...digestion occurs...
As a defense mechanism, as well as an attack, Annabelle can secrete gastric acid through the pores of her body, in any specified area she wants. This acid is highly corrosive and can melt metal if in contact long enough. It can severely burn animal flesh, yes that means human too. The amount that forms upon the surface of her skin isn't enough to dissolve someone, rather it is enough to keep herself protected from being consumed and can also burn someone in the process. It does have it's limitations however, as if it is on Annabelle's skin too long, it can start to burn her as well. Her skin, like that of the flytrap, is protected from the digestive enzymes, but her's doesn't last forever. If she continues to secrete it, or it is not removed in a timely manner, she will be sorry. Not to mention the fact that if she doesn't focus hard enough, and acid comes through legs instead of her hand, her clothes will be dissolved. In terms of evolving, her skin will become more and more resistant to the acid, and her accuracy will improve.

X X X...tolerates fire well.
Finally, Annabelle's skin can resist fire. This ability does not allow her to become completely intolerant of flame, rather she can tolerate small doses of it upon her skin and hair. If she was to be completely engulfed for more than thirty seconds, she would surely react to the fire as any other human being. This also means that her body can withstand high temperatures. This ability will be hard for her to discover if not put in a situation where she is attacked with fire. Her clothes are non-resistant.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Last edited by 猫ババ on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
xxC R E D I T
please go show vi some love, their art is amazing. so cute and super unique. you will not be disappointed i promise.

xxW A N T E D
i am looking for interest in an rp idea i want to expand upon. it incorporates youtube into a fun plot. ^^

猫ババ
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:12 pm

OnomatoPhobia

Initial Function

At it's initial stage Onomatophobia is rather weak. It starts off as literally just a fear of words, serving only to help put distance between Daisy and other words plus word based creations. It helps in detecting dangers presented by words as she will be noticeably afraid of them, even if she is not aware of them. This of course only occurs when she activates her word.

That is not all however. Should she speak her word aloud black ink will pour from her mouth. Initially there will be little to draw from so it will be an insignificant amount. More on this to follow.

Growing Contamination

As Daisy meets others she will begin seeing the names of their fears. As she learns of their fears her word will remember them, keeping hold of them for later use.

When she activates her word after learning the name of at least one fear the ink that pours from her mouth will continue to flow until a large pool of it has formed at her feet. After the ink ceases to run should she write the name of the fear on a part of herself the name will activate, creating an entity formed from the ink and shaped by her imagination. Naturally the entity will possess traits pertaining to it's name, the fear it's born from.

Of course there are some downsides to these entities, the Fear-Born. Firstly the power of the Fear-Born are directly tied to the strength of the fears held by the owners of said fear. Whether the person the fear was held by greatly feared it or not directly influences the overall might of the Fear-Born.

Secondly whatever part of her body that is written upon to summon the Fear-Born is subsequently rendered unusable until the Fear-Born tied to that body part is dismissed. This can create a number of problems if done without care.

Thirdly any wounds suffered by the Fear-Born are only suffered in part. The other part of the wound is instead suffered by Daisy. This is simply due to the nature that these Fear-Born are essentially extensions of Daisy's own self. The amount of wounding suffered by Daisy in her Fear-Born's stead is inversely proportionate to the potency of the Fear-Born itself. The more powerful a Fear-Born is the more of it's wounds she'll suffer in place of it. Weaker Fear-Born share less of their wounds with her as they are less resilient than more powerful Fear-Born and thus receive more harm. Wounds on a Fear-Born last until it is dismissed. Injuries do not carry through to a Fear-Born's next summoning. Wounds caused to Daisy as a result of the Fear-Born do not disappear, they simply heal like any other wound.

Over time Daisy will learn more names for different fears, giving her more access to unique Fear-Born. In addition she may learn to write the names of fears more resourcefully, summoning more Fear-Born while rendering less of her body disabled.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HolyJunkie on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:20 am

public class Knowledge : WordBehaviour.js

var eyeContact : bool = false;
var target : object;
var scanSpeed : int = 4;_____// May be able to reduce this timer.

function Scan(object other) {
_____// If the player is able to look at something for the duration of scanSpeed,
_____// said player may learn all knowledge of an enemy, including behavioural
_____// patterns, strengths, and weaknesses.
_____if(eyeContact == true && other.tag == target) {
__________yield return new WaitForSeconds(scanSpeed);
__________GainKnowledge();
_____}
}

function GainKnowledge() {
_____target.information.isVisible = true;
_____// Simple words manifest as golden letters that only I can see, hovering close to an object
_____// Complex information, such as the knowledge of a monster, registers in my vision like code.
_____// Note: Can only scan what I can see clearly. Cannot scan nimble targets
_____// if they get out of sight, cannot scan through walls or in the dark.
_____// May be able to update that in the future.
_____// TODO: Figure out a way to actually utilize the knowledge myself. I don’t
_____// have any offensive abilities. I gotta work out…
_____// The time needed to process things decreases as I scan things. There's a period where everything is just
_____// new... and it loads slowly and painfully. Thankfully, I just gotta keep my brain cool.
}

SPEED

The first thing I notice with this word is I can use it to boost my speed and reaction time. It feels like another muscle I gotta work on and make more flexible, because if I go anywhere above the limit, my muscles seize. Gotta have excellent control… and I’ve got control…? Bu-u-ut nothing on this level, man. Nothing about super-powers or anything. Most I can do without choking is bring my average track and field record from 8.65 to 7.10.

My body seems to adapt to the greater speed, so if I throw a faster strike, it compensates for the extra force so I don’t break my hand. Muscles seize anyway if I go overboard, but I’ll take short pain over being crippled.

(With training, she would be able to temporarily pass her speed on to another student for a minute at a time, boosting the speed of their abilities. This would be limited only to the casting and cooldowns of word abilities, rather than straight physical improvement.
Last edited by HolyJunkie on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Purple haze, runnin' through my brain. Lately, things don't seem the same.

HolyJunkie
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpiritDancer on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:44 pm

ImageImageP E R S U A S I V E.
adj. | good at persuading someone to do or believe something through reasoning or using of temptation.

Stage I.) Xinyi's ability itself is very self-explanatory. She is able to manipulate people through the power of her own voice. In the beginning, she could only command people to do simple things, such as picking up an item, staying in one place, or starting a fight with someone. After the target follows through with the initial command, the affect the ability has on them will go away, possibly leaving them confused as to what just happened.

Stage II.) Xinyi is able to give more complex demands. More precise instructions can be given to someone, such as persuading someone to create a distraction and precisely telling them what that distraction needs to entail.

Stage III.) She is not only able to make someone do what she wants them too, but she can also make her own words believable and make it so the words of someone else seem false.

Stage IV.) An ability that works over time rather than offering an instant result, Xinyi can gradually influence another person into being more likely to do what she wants them to and listen to what she says without her having to activate her power and use it on them. This also makes them more likely to take her side and agree to Xinyi's general way of thinking. The only condition is that the person she's trying to influence has to have daily contact with Xinyi.

Though because the ability is reliant on the target being able to hear and understand what Xinyi is saying, if there is anything that prevents Xinyi from speaking or prevents the target from hearing, then her ability will not be able to work. And there is also the problem of someone not being able to understand and grasp the meaning of what she is trying to say, which is another way that her ability will not affect them.
Last edited by SpiritDancer on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"I’m tryin’ to fix myself
And not care too much about you"

SpiritDancer
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Builder Storyteller Beta Tester Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Property Buyer Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:02 am

Aaron Pierce
xximpenitent : not feeling regret about one's sin or sins; obdurate ; a hardened sinner

ONE : Moral Encouragement
    It's similar to gaining courage, where if he is ever in a spot where he's shaking in his boots he'll be able to stay cool and calm in order to ensure his safety. However, safety is not survival and as such he still has quite a say in what his actions are. He will not feel as though everything and everyone is about to get him. He thinks about his own well being first, and if he can include others safety too — well all the more power to him. The drawback to this is that the level of fear corresponds to how much he has to suppress and thus takes more energy to do so. Physically he will not be as capable as he could be and thus prone to more injury. As well he can magnify his tolerance for pain.

TWO : Collectively
    With time, and practice he could suppress fear within others as well. By this he can influence people to feel a certain way that would help them emotionally to do whatever they need to do in order to survive. In that sense it's much like ONE. However he needs verbal permission to enforce this action. He can influence about two people before he's too exhausted, that being he becomes more sluggish, his head constantly hurts, etc.

THREE : The Big Guns
    This would be when he has gained more control over his power, and the feeling of helplessness starts to really take place. He does not fight for safety, he fights for survival. His influence over his emotions is amplified and he would have the ability to turn completely sociopathic. (I believe that would be the right word, if not feel free to correct me.) With that said however, if he feels as though someone could help him or a group activity needs to be completed with his absolute obedience he will be the perfect example of team work. This does not increase his intelligence though, so he won’t be able to magically find the perfect way out, but he will do what he thinks is the most reasonable and without remorse. The drawback to this is that even though he would be able to recognize beforehand the chance of him dying, it does not include injury he may sustain. As long as the result does not end with him dead or any variation of it - he’ll do it and as such he is prone to being injured very badly. As well it may take longer for him to return to his normal state depending on how long he's had to use his ability.

Edit: With this said however he can transfer his emotions to another in exchange for depleting his own. So rather than exhausting himself he can exhaust another person in his place, emotionally that is. This would be devastating to someone as all emotions that he would find to be useless would be given to another during his activation and would only cease shortly after.

FOUR : Friendship is Magic
    Here he would have to do a shit ton of character development to even THINK about going here. That is, this is the stage where ‘without guilt’ comes with a double meaning. Before this he was only trying to survive for himself. He was impenitent because he believed that guilt for others would only hold him back. Though here it's different, here he would do anything for his friends -- gaining courage and suppressing fear to save them. He would, without thinking twice, place himself in danger because if he didn't he would have too much shame, and so in order to be guilt free, he would sacrifice himself. He'd be that one guy you see in movies who says, "go on without me," and really mean it. That one dude who jumps in front of a person to take a bullet for them, and dies dramatically. The downside of this is that he'd be TOO willing to place his life on the line and so would #jump to conclusions. Obviously though if he doesn't form meaningful connections or becomes more selfless then he would never reach this state.

If this needs tweaking, something doesn't make sense, or if you hate it all please PM me and I'll try to clarify or change it! I also tried to shrink down the size of the information. I'm sorry. ; _ ; But yeah I was thinking he would be more of a support kind of character with how he could influence people and shit.
Last edited by Verix on Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perhaps

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soleli on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:08 pm

His initial power, the one he gets afraid of and must learn to control

Verb: Cause the death of (a person, animal or other living thing)c

Christopher has complete mastery on the act of killing. His mentality becomes focused, intelligence sharpened, physical abilities and durability enhanced, all so that he can kill something. He wouldn't stop until that target has been killed or completely destroyed, at whatever cost he needs to get to. He would become numb in that period of time, unable to feel emotionally and would keep exerting himself until the purpose has been fulfilled no matter the cost of his energy or physical well being. Meaning even if he has a fatal wound, he would stop the blood with smooth actions and keep fighting until his body gives out. It does well to stop him from panicking, but when Christopher is in this rampage he isn't afraid to kill whoever gets in his way in the vicinity, even fellow allies.

Perhaps in time he can choose to control the duration of time he wants to fall into the 'killing mood'. Someone might even be able to snap him out of it if they were close enough, who knows? I think this is an interesting ability with Christopher's possible character development if he hurts his friends in the process of killing off a target. As he matures the power will only become stronger, and while this is useful in defeating the blight it comes as a risk to his overexertion.

The powers he has yet to 'unlock'. He might be using them subconsciously, but he doesn't notice them too easily and those are easily forgotten compared to his first skill. After he stopped being initially apprehensive about using his main power, he will be able to use more skills open to him. That is, for a Long, long time. Christopher is afraid of himself even if he tries to cover it with snark and pushes away all attempts to help him. It will take a lot for those abilities to come into play.

To put an end to or cause the failure or defeat of something:
Don't compete with Christopher. You will lose, badly. He can never lose a competition, not because he becomes more skilful, but all the odds will be in his favour. He crushes all hope of winning by giving an opponent a bad hand or a particularly unfair position in chess. He isn't aware of that particular skill as of yet, even if he uses it accidentally(he'll just consider himself really lucky). I don't think this would be useful against a blight initially, unless it was challenging them to some competition. In time he might be able to cause a blight to fail in killing someone, but that's not until he 1. Realises that he has the power in the first place and 2. Put in effort into practicing it.

To overwhelm with emotion Eg: the suspense is killing me:

Christopher can overwhelm someone with their most dominant emotion, for example Elle and her anxiety. He must know what their most dominant emotion is before he can overwhelm them with it, and if he guesses wrongly it is he himself that gets the emotion imposed onto him.

Soleli
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hᴇʟʟʜᴏᴜɴᴅ on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 pm

➐ N O
a denial or refusal:
He responded with a definite no.

No, a primarily defensive tactic with a multitude of meanings, this will be her more initial usage. A refusal to allow entry to those who have words, which will act like a double edged sword. While you might be in the initial area that is now blocked off, and safe, you are now unable to leave the room or area effected. The key thing is that the barrier refuses to allow to come and go, being those who have words. The thing is, if she doesn't have solid enough concentration the barrier can be easily broken by monsters and students alike.

ⓐ. At first, the area itself can only be used if there is a doorway or two walls, and only one shield can be made at a time unless the desperation of the word 'No' is significant. There are no effects running into it, as it's simply like running into a wall of its own. She can probably keep this up easier than how it'll be in the future, but will need four minutes of cool down in between every ten.

ⓑ. As it develops, the ability to actually develop multiple shields in a four way corridor -or even outside- becomes easier. Outdoors, or in a large room such as a gym, the shield can even morph into a dome of sorts. The concentration however increases, and the ability to coherently talk will have to decease. Energy will eventually wear down if used nonstop for longer than fifteen minutes if not practiced outside of high-strung situations. It still feels like a wall if you run into it. All together, Natasha can last the very fifteen without proper endurance of directing energy into an energy absorbing wall, but will be unable to coherently talk until her concentration of this ability improves.

ⓒ. Finally, her concentration and endurance will have to improved by now. The ability of coherent talking is somewhat coming back, and her shield has formed something new. Now the effects for both parties inside and out is the fact that the more frequent she means the word 'no', the higher the voltage it becomes. However, now endurance and concentration won't matter. The longer the shield stays up, the higher the chance she can start physically feeling the pain. She'll need at least an eight minute cool down before it hits eighteen minutes or suffer some sort of spasm as she'll be rendered useless and potentially be even too weak to walk.

bork, went the dog

Hᴇʟʟʜᴏᴜɴᴅ
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperQ19 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:08 pm

ImageImage
Surprise, verb: to strike or occur to with a sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment, as through unexpectedness
-to make an unexpected assault on
Surprise, noun: something that surprises someone; a completely unexpected occurrence, appearance, or statement

The nature of surprise is very adverse and unpredictable. What might dictate something being a 'surprise' in one scenario, could ultimately be the norm in another. This leads to the versatility and near randomness of Lenox's power. Both it's strength and it's weakness. Lenox will be able to utilize 'surprise' at different levels. The threshold to gain a new level of power will be dictated by a specific trigger that changes his way of thinking or perceiving, granting him access to a more diverse and unstable pool of abilities. The higher the level, the greater the risk and cost to himself.

Upon discovery, Lenox will be able to manifest the power of surprise in two forms. Tangible and intangible. Deciding between the two is a decision that can only be made once per day. In order to switch, Lenox needs to rest his body and mind for an equal portion of how long he used the power for. This makes deciding which version of his power word, crucial. This could change the more attuned to his powers, Lenox becomes. (and if the GM allows it)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First level:
In the beginning the tangible form of surprise will be the ability to take/strike without being seen. To better explain, Lenox will have the ability to strike someone in the face or steal an item from their hand while appearing to not move at all. The limitation to this ability being they must be within arms reach, as well he has the risk of hurting himself more than the person or object if he's not careful. The intangible form of surprise will consist of telepathy. He can not read someone's thoughts, unless they openly accept a 'link' with him and even then his ability to accept mental words is only limited to what the person is actively projecting towards Lenox. The maximum distance he can communicate with someone via telepathy is as far as he can throw any given object.

ImageSecond level:
If Lenox is appropriately triggered and mentally stimulated, he will be able to tap into the next tier of 'surprise' as he perceives it. The tangible form of this tier of surprise will be the ability to make duplicates of himself. These clones he can create are created by Lenox crating an image of himself and stepping away. This allows him to run in a direction and create several clones. Each clone he creates takes a physical toll on his body and there ultimately is a limit to how many clones he can create. Each clone is only as strong as Lenox himself is, but their general constitution is much weaker. A hard enough punch would make one disappear, exhaustion also will force these clones to disappear. Intangibly, Lenox gains the innate sense of danger. Much like a spidey-sense, Lenox feels a severe shiver shoot up his spine if someone or something is about to directly act with the intent to harm or kill against Lenox. It doesn't give him any specific direction, or clues to what the danger might be. He just knows that something is about to happen to him.

Third level:
Upon a more significant and life threatening trigger giving Lenox a new perception of his word, Lenox will be granted a third powerful and dangerous tier of surprise. Tangibly Lenox will have the ability to teleport. He can only teleport places he can physically see, or has familiarized himself with for a total of 12 hours. The range as well is how far he can throw any given object, he is unable to teleport with any living person. Only objects he can hold. Intangibly the third tier of surprise allows Lenox to make people hallucinate. The only limit is his imagination, but he must maintain concentration and have made physical contact with the person prior to attempting this power. He can only make a person hallucinate if they are within sight of him. The longer he holds a hallucination, the harder it becomes to create that visual image.

Fourth level:
The fourth and final tier of surprise is the most dangerous and unstable level of surprise. This level can only be reached by reaching the three tiers prior and his being must be in grave danger to finally break this threshold. To unlock the fourth level of surprise, death must be an almost certain outcome forcing Lenox to look deep inside himself and re-imagine his entire way of thinking. Tangibly this extreme level of power will grant him the ability to cause an area as wide as 15 feet around him to suddenly be deprived of gravity, or have extreme levels of gravity causing people to either float in the air or be trapped under pressure. Either version of this power, the stress will be extreme on his body. He can not extend or change the effected area around him. Maintaining this level of power will not be easy, or comfortable. He risks many hazards from breaking his own bones under pressure or causing objects to fall/rise and strike him or any other person. Intangibly Lenox can have brief glimpses into the immediate future. He can not see past 15 seconds of what is going to happen. What he see shows only the immediate events of what happens to him, or anyone he has an emotional attachment to. To call upon this power, Lenox must deprive his body of his senses and meditate for a split moment. There is no guarantee that he will see anything.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cost:
The risk of each tier increases as it involves more of his body and mind, leaving him vulnerable if anyone or thing could find a way to exploit it. The limits of his tangible powers are directly reflected by his physicality and any strain his body is put under. Whether he is harmed by making a personal mistake, miscalculation or is appropriately countered. Lenox is only human and therefore has his limits. Using his powers will generate several side effects; tangible symptoms could include illness, fatigue, soreness, cramping, sores or bruises along with many other symptoms. Along with other physical ailments, any damage he may receive. The intangible risks could results in mental scarring and damage if recklessly utilized or countered by anyone/thing else. If his intangible abilities were to actually harm Lenox, he would experience shocks within the skull, white flashes in his vision, dizziness, nausea, temporary amnesia, temporary partial/full blindness, paralysis, numbness and sudden sleepiness, nosebleeds and possibly more. As he progresses and uses his powers more in a given tier, the likelihood of side-effects will decrease as his body adjusts and becomes stronger. The fourth level of power guarantees several side-effects for Lenox no matter the degree in which he uses his powers.

"What's the look for? Did I startle you?"

SuperQ19
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:06 am

x
x
x
x

x
x

m a r t y r
x
x

NORIWRIGHTxxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

NORIWRIGHTxxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. - Revelation 2:10

As a reflection of her constitution, Nori's word is “Martyr.” After activating her power, Nori gains enhanced endurance if and only if she chooses to protect someone else. At an early stage, her power allows her to sustain numerous blows of internal and external assaults. As she matures as a sacrifice, Nori gains more mastery over the breadth and depth of her word. Her ability’s final form allows her to transfer her skill to another vessel, so long as she dies protecting them.

I. Kanye West
After activating her power, Nori can neutralize here sensitivity to physical pain. At this stage, she bruises slower and can go on longer without consuming proper sustenance.

II. Saint Peter the Apostle
Nori gains conditioned metabolism enabling extraordinary efficient healing, as well as denser skin, bone, muscle, etc.

III. Saint Thomas More
Nori can withstand extreme temperatures and pressures, virtually all toxins, corrosives, punctures, and concussions without sustaining injury.

IV. Joan of Arc
At the final stage of her power, she can pass on her skill to someone else so long as she takes the killing blow for them. Fatalistic and somewhat selfish, she's fine with an early death, so long as it inspires someone to pick up where she left off. That person gains all of her powers, though they will need to restart from stage one (Kanye West).
x
x

x
x
x
s a b b a t
-
wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

x
x

bethelit
Designer
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Arc Warden Group Theory Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:53 am

Like his reasoning, "Discombobulate" works through sound. After activating his power, Jean can disorient figures through the use of sound. Those at the epicenter will feel the full throttle of the effects while those farther away may only experience momentary disruption. Naturally, people with some sort of hearing impairment or sound mitigation won't feel the effects (unless of course, Jean's shaking the house down with his stereo).

Recordings, fortunately, don't seem to produce the same effect as his live effects although nobody knows why. Jean thinks that it has to do with his sounds not being properly translated onto devices, but nobody really knows if that's the case.

Stages:
1 - He causes minor motion sickness to those closest to him (2 m radius) through his voice and feelings of frustration or disorientation to those toward the edges of his sounds.
2 - His power now causes moderate motion sickness and disorientation with a chance of vertigo if a figure is within 1m of him. Those with sensitive hearing will be more likely to get vertigo.
3 - He gains range on his epicenter (now 5m). Those closest will now have a temporary case of tinnitus, visual disturbance, and vertigo.
4 - His sounds have evolved into deafness. Considered his trump card, if he can belt out his note loud enough, he can cause people or animals near him to go deaf. Those farther away from the 5m range will feel the normal effects, as mentioned in previous stage. That being said, if he holds his note at a normal volume, he will, instead, cause extreme motion sickness, vomiting, visual disturbance, and difficulty to balance (as well as all symptoms from previous stages).

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!