Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gundam Build Fighters Drive

▌ GBFD 〉〉OOC

a part of “Gundam Build Fighters Drive”, a fictional universe by bethelit.

Anaheim Electronics' Gunpla aren't just for show. || PRP

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gundam Build Fighters Drive”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

▌ GBFD 〉〉OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:33 pm

x
x

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Imagex
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

gbfd ooc lounge.

Welcome to Gundam Build Fighters Drive's OOC lounge. Here, enrolled players and friendly lurkers alike are free to chat and hang out. Special announcements will be made here along with potential stream times for battling. Either way, we hope you all have as much fun reading as we have writing.

Though applications may open in the future, at the moment, we are not accepting any invites. For those close friends that we've already promised slots to — we'll let you know when openings arise. Otherwise, have fun, grab a Gunpla, and yell, "It's a Gundam!"

x
x

Last edited by bethelit on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bethelit
Designer
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Arc Warden Group Theory Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: 〉〉 ▌ OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:01 pm

I will be applying with my custom Big Zam Gundam that is modded to look like a Pikachu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Ah! A Gundam RP! And yet, it's simply a 1X1 Roleplay. Alas, I will live vicariously and observe from here. Didn't know you and Eva were into this kind of thing. Well, hopefully you'll make it entertaining enough for me to keep an eye on and read through ;)
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 am

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

@Eva
I would totally be okay with you making a a Big Zam for Haru to keep on the club shelf. If you want to do a Big Zam versus Ball, I would totally do a joke game with you. Actually now we definitely have to do a Big Zam vs Ball. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up. u__u (& yes I think we should name it 'Big Zam ver. Maccotango' because of the Pikachu.)

@Tanman
Wow thanks my dude! We will definitely do our best. We live to serve. And holy crap we are huge mecha geeks. Eva's actually more into LBX and some of the Macross scene, but I've been living off Gundam since I was very young. Gundam Wing was the most accessible series to me when I was a kid, but I eventually explored the whole range of shows that Gundam has to offer. I love everything about Gundam, and I've met so many great people through modeling and fandom discussion. Nice to know RPG has Gundam fans as well!! (:

(My fav series are Unicorn & Thunderbolt but I try to keeping my biases to a minimal in this rp LOL.)

x
x
x
x
x

bethelit
Designer
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Arc Warden Group Theory Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:26 am

@Bethelit

I actually started with Gundam Seed which, despite many an awkward moment, still holds a special place in my heart; though I have followed up with, Seed Destiny, 00, Wing, Unicorn, as well as both Fighters series. I'm also happily following along to Iron Blooded Orphans, which I'm very much enjoying. Out of all the newer stuff I've seen, I think I really liked 00, but all of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

As an aside, since I haven't read all the detail in the topic yet, please tell me you two are gonna have a masked fellow? :P

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:43 am

Aww. I was so hyped when I saw a Build Fighters RP. Shame it's a private one. Although, even if it wasn't, I doubt I'd have the resources - I.E. images and organizational know-how - available to create a character who'd be on your level. Regardless, I think I'll keep an eye on this, like Tan said. It looks gorgeous, and it's for a fandom I adore.

P.S.: If you guys get tired of 1x1ing, contact us? I'd be overjoyed to have even the slightest chance to participate, no matter how minor the role, and I imagine Tan would feel the same. Not to be pushy, of course. I know that waiting for people outside your own group of friends to respond to stuff tends to get really old really fast, so I'm more than willing to step out. I just feel like I can't pass this up.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 am

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

@Tanman
Wow nice! And no worries at all dude, Seed has a special place in my heart too. I mean, what other Gundam series lets you watch the MC and some girlo get it on while TM Revolution plays in the background? I think what made that whole scene funnier is that TM Revolution actually voices Heine Westenfluss in that show. So it's like, good job Kira, how did that feel? Having Heine serenade your sexy times?

Those are all super fun series. I love them all as well. 00 made me feel so attacked my dude. I really liked it but L-Lockon. Whey. I remember sitting in front of my laptop in extreme denial. (And agree, every show has its ups and downs! Personally I have the most complicated relationship with 8th MS Team so I feel u.)

YES WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A MASKED FELLOW! And it's going to be a girl actually. The leader of Midnight Fenrir is our visored character. ;) She's not up yet though. But she's a lot of fun. (But omg no Gundam is complete without a Char expy amirite.)

@Feyblue
Man I'm blushing super hard from behind my screen. Thank you so much for your kind words & interest! We're giant mecha nerds so we try our best. & unfortunately my hectic IRL makes it difficult for me to do open RPs at the moment. GMing multiple people takes a lot of time that I currently don't have. Still, I'll keep your thoughts in mind if the opportunity comes up. Our setting makes it very pliable for other interested players to easily slip in, so I'm definitely not opposed to the idea. It's just a time-issue thing, and a I'm-too-tired-to-GM-other-people-at-the-moment thing.

You're free to hang out in the meanwhile though, we love getting to know other Gundam/mecha fans. Honestly, I'm relieved that there are folks like you and Tanman on RPG that are really into Gundam! I noticed that there was an influx of Gundam RPs on RPG back in the early 2000s, but there are hardly any more now. Aside from my own IRL issues, another reason I didn't want to make this RP open was because I wasn't sure how Gundam-friendly RPG currently is. In any case, so nice to meet you, and thanks again for all your kind words!

x
x
x
x
x

bethelit
Designer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 am

Ooh, so I'm not the only one who thought about creating a female Char Clone in a story like this. Sounds interesting! Even if I don't get to play myself, I still find myself wanting to see how this turns out. :3

Anyway, yeah, it does seem like there are quite a few Gundam fans lurking around here on this site. I've seen one or two RPs for it while I've been here, although those have mostly been short-lived. By and large, they also seem to mostly be Wing-based, or occasionally inspired by 00 and SEED. Personally, I've always been more of a UC and After War fan myself, but 00 is also a show I have fond memories of. Although, ironically, I only originally knew about Gundam through an online game, got into Build Fighters through that, and then watched the actual shows once I was already acquainted with the show.

Speaking of which, just a shot in the dark here, but did any of you guys play SD Gundam Capsule Fighter before it shut down? I have that game to thank for my undying love of the hypothetical-yet-nonexistent Delta Gundam. (Speaking of which, I really need to try making a custom Gunpla for myself some time... :/)

Sorry if I'm harassing you guys while you're trying to work on bios, btw. It's just a rare opportunity to chat with other Gundam fans, so... :P

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:23 am

@Feyblue:
It's alright Feyblue, maybe we can run our own Gundamesque RP - with Blackjack! And Hookers!... That said, as much as I would've loved joining something like this, tabletop battling and such might have been a bit of a drain on the old noggin. I've read most of the content that the two have got up, with the exception of the profile and rulebooks from the battle system. I'm sure it'll be slightly more exciting if I follow the battles without a sense of what's going on behind the scenes.

As an additional aside, I like to think up custom gundam/gunpla models, so I dunno how well that would fit given the systems in place, as well as utilising images and such of mobile suits from the series.

On the note of SD Gundam Capsule FIghter, alas, I have not played it. The closest I've come to playing some real mech games is Super Robot Wars, which I've desperately tried to get into, but can't quite bring myself to really sink into it, particularly due to language barriers, only having access to OG games, etc. Hot damn if they ain't pretty though. At least I got through all of SRWOG Saga Endless frontier though... Right?

@Bethilit:
Ah, TM Revolution. I lost the downloads I had of all my gundam music, must go find that again... That said, Heine and his adorable GOUF are a favourite of mine, simply due to his ridiculousness and that combination of names. Ah, fond memories. Also, please don't speak of Lockon. It hurts far too much.

As for the char expy, excellent. I was going to say, I'd have to give you a metaphorical slap if you overlooked that detail. To reiterate for myself, if something opens up, let me know and I'll think about going over those play manuals. Part of me was pained looking over the resources in the google docs, and all the hints that this might have been an open RP at one point. Alas, not to be.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Thank for all the kind words everyone! Bethelit did a great job with all the graphics and information and we'd be nowhere without r/buildfightsystem. We used their guides for our battle system so we forgot to take out some the vestiges of their writing. I think they've done RPs in the past (though idk about their present state) so if you ever want to adapt what they're doing, that's a good place to start :3

@Feyblue: I, unfortunately, never got to play, but from what it sounds like it must have been fun!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:59 pm

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

@ Eva
Apparently Placehold.it is still not fixed on my side, so I'm going to try to finish all the outstanding coding by wading through Haru's CS. I should have his CS complete by the time you return tonight, so no worries on that front. I'll try to get Sumiye complete before the end of this week as well, and we can officially launch sometime this weekend after wrapping up TWoS plotting. Gunpla sub-plots can be written up shortly after.

. . .Of course, IRL comes first. It goes without saying, but we should both take care of work/school prep before diving into the heavy stuff. Nevertheless, if you'd like me to start up the RP officially, I can get Fumio hooked up on B-F.net sometime tonight or tomorrow night. The actual story can launch whenever. ;)

@ Feyblue
A female Char clone is such a fun idea! I love every Gundam Char expy, and it's exciting to think up my own. I hope you like the one we come up with, when she gets released. There's a few other characters we need to write up first. We're writing the "screenplay" a la sports anime style, so it will take some time before we can reveal the whole spectrum of our cast. Have fun following along nonetheless!

And lol if Gundam fans are lurking I hope they surface and talk to us. It's so nice to have sub-communities within a larger community, and Gundam is just so much fun. Everyone seems to have a soft spot for 00 and Wing, which is honestly super great. Both series are great talking points, and I enjoy marathoning them with non-Gundam fans as well. Usually my non-weeaboo friends tend to enjoy 00 quite a bit. And goodness yesssss UC and After War series have awesome points. And Feyblue, your entry into Gundam is quite the journey! I'm so glad you've been getting deeper and deeper into this mecha hellhole. I hope things only get more fun from here for you. (:

Lmao I did not get to play the SD Gundam Capsule Fighter game. I'm sad about it, but I DID manage to play the Gundam Kizuna arcade game while I was overseas. It was really immersive being able to sit in a pod and pilot a giant Zaku let me tell u friends. I learned the hard way that I am better with long-ranged weapons than I am with an axe. Is this why Fumio is a sniper? Maybe.

YESSS I'm an enabler so I'm all for encouraging you to go forth with making your own custom Gunpla. Do you have any favorite MS that you'd be interested in customizing? My brother's a competitive builder that seems to really enjoy doing it. I've been to competitions and I've seen all the fascinating creative takes people have on their models, it's quite something. If you do pursue it, I hope you have a lot of fun! And come back to share all your secrets with us!!

You are also never harassing us if you want to talk about Gundam. It's a great series that has something to offer for everyone. We love to talk about it! Personally, I think that "discovering" fellow fans is half the fun of making Gundam rps. If you do ever make a Gundam rp, I hope you find new Gundam nerds to gush with as well!

@ Tanman
As Eva says, the actual reddit thread seems to be a good place to start if you want to adapt what they're doing. We have our own way of doing things that I didn't write up yet, but things worked well for us during our test runs. It's been fun so far, and I can't wait to launch this rp in its entirety soon. :3

x
x
x
x
x

bethelit
Designer
Member for 8 years

Re: ▌ GBFD 〉〉OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:15 am

As I said before, my all time favorite is the Delta Gundam. For my part, as a pilot, I was kind of the opposite of you. My aim was bad, but I always did really well at dodging incoming fire, weaving my way in close, and laying into people with my beam sabers. I customized the Delta a bit ingame in SDGO, and ended up painting it in a crimson and navy color scheme I'm rather fond of, as well as equipping it with a custom logo of a triangle divided in half by a one-way line, prompting me to call the resulting customization the "Delta Ray Gundam," because geometry and linguistic jokes. As such, I've always wanted to try building an actual Gunpla based on that - probably a Delta Plus with elements of some SEED mobile suits like the Destiny, since I'm a sucker for built-in weapons packs and Wings of Light. It would no doubt forfeit the transformation gimmick, but keep the iconic elements of the Delta's appearance while adding a whole load of multipurpose armaments and possibly some particle-based gimmicks to go along with them. However, it'd take a lot of hard work to make into a reality, since I'd probably be using Master Grade kits to build it in order to get the maximum amount of detail. MGs, however, are notoriously hard to kitbash.

In the mean time, though, I've been working with some more basic HG kits as practice. Specifically these two. Probably going to be trying to modify the Doga's skirt armor to incorporate the sheaths for the Astray's anti-ship swords. Then I might try adding parts from the Miss Sazabi to replace the clunky leg units and add more thrusters. That, or I could replace the backpack with the Gunner ZAKU Warrior's, and give it a huge gun. Either way, then I'll custom paint the whole thing and maybe even try it out in the Build Fight System to see how it holds up.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:58 pm

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

@ Eva
Sumiye Tetsurou and Fumio Minamoto are now 100% done! I might make further tweaks to Sumiye, but I'm sleepy/lazy rn so we'll see. I haven't found 3 songs for each of them yet, but their main Gunpla's theme songs have been decided. I'll fill you in when you get online on the rest. Also I gotta catch up on Iron-Blooded Orphans I have No Idea what is going on rn.

@ Feyblue
Delta Gundam's pretty sweet. Jokes aside, "Delta Ray Gundam" sounds totally legit. I could see that being a mobile suit that would show up in the GBF TV show, and I like the palette you're going with. I'd buy it! And yeah dude I totally get you in regards to forfeiting gimmick for the sake of #aesthetic and personal preferences. Mmm I think depending on what builds you're meshing, MGs shouldn't be too bad. But I might be underestimating the challenge since I'm used to friends kitbashing MGs often. But it's doable!! I can assure you that.

& Oh nice! LOL Doga's going to get #fashionable anti-ship sword skirt then. Interesting! Lmao bruh just put all the things on Doga. Everything. When in doubt slam everything on YOLO. (I'm jk. The options you have sound really cool, though it's hard for me to visualize without photographs what that might look like. But huge guns are always cool, and Astray's equipment is always the swag way to go.) Yeah, the Build Fight community's full of super helpful folk if you're ever unsure. People ask for input there all the time. (:

Also I see Discord. ( : <

x
x
x
x
x

bethelit
Designer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:41 am

That is correct. I did join the BFS discord. XD I guess I have you to thank for that, since otherwise, I'd probably never have gotten involved with either the system or with gunpla. Thanks for that. ^^

And yeah, the whole point of naming the Delta Ray was in hopes of making it something like what you'd see in the show. Overall, the entire notion of the custom build is to make something that would perfectly suit my piloting style, so that if I were actually in the show, it would be what I'd use. Of course, somewhere along the line, it also became entangled in a personal crusade of mine to create an actually interesting story using almost exclusively plot elements from Try - Assimilate, team battles, etc. - after I was horribly disappointed by the execution of that show. So, at a certain point, it turned into a "main character" unit as well, which is part of the reason why I was looking for a Build Fighters RP to join - because I had a character and mobile suit idea ready to go. XD

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that it's possible to mashup Master Grades. I'm told that kitbashing HGs is significantly easier, but so far, I haven't really seen it, since it's looking like I'm going to have to add and remove pegs from the kits all the same to get them to fit together. So, if it's a matter of extensive modification either way, I might as well not hold back and make the Delta Ray my next big project. I have to finish the Jagd Falke first, though. ^^ I'll send pictures when I finish.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:07 am

x
x

x
x

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
gm alert.

〉〉▌
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
@eva All the Dropbox images on the front page/forum threads have been replaced with Imgur ones. It took some time, so thanks for being so patient with delays! I'd still need you to properly replace all the images in Haru's profile with the ones I uploaded in our Google Drive. That being said, I'll try to start the battle sometime soon. I want to make sure the map's lookin' good before we rev the engines. Finally, I'll replace the Dropbox urls in the profile CS with Imgur ones sometime soon as well. I'll announce in the OOC when I've finished. If work gets overwhelming, I won't be able to do it anytime next week, but the code patch will be released before March.

@ Fey & Lurkers
I apologize for being unable to hang out & talk much at this time. I'm in an intense transitional period in my life right now, but I'm excited to touch base when I can! Thanks for visiting, and do say hi if you're a lurker. Don't be a stranger. (;

x

x
x

bethelit
Designer
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!