Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legends of Haven

The Mercs

a part of “Legends of Haven”, a fictional universe by BenjimynFrankielyyn.

Heroes, they live among us. Some with powers, other without. All with one goal in mind, save their town and save their world. As there are heroes fighting for us there are those who are set on the destruction of all we hold dear.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Legends of Haven”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Mercs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:51 am

XXXX
XXXXX
XXXX
The Mercs have made their base of operations in an old apartment building far on the edge of Haven in a part of the town that hasnt been in use ever sense the attack by the Meta Human who called himself Thor. The outside of the building is run down and in pitiful shape to be honest, it is half its original size and it appears that at some point someone started repairs but they were never finished. Its not something nice to look at but the inside is a totally different story, what was once the lobby has had all its walls knocked out to make it one large open room that is painted a light gray with thick cushy leather couches artfully placed and a projector mounted on the ceiling. They consider this their living room, or as one of them once called it "the we work together and should at least pretend to like each other so lets pretend to place nice" room. Right below the 'Living' room in the Cellar is the Arsenal. All weapons but those normally carried on the body go here, its a safety precaution because there might have been a couple of incidents when a power reacted with a weapon. Fingers arent being pointed.

The five upper stories have had most of the walls knocked down as well and doors plastered over leaving only two doors on opposite sides of each other on the first four. These are the living quarters, each person as half a floor to themselves which has allowed them to have quite a bit of personal space which may or may not be how they managed to survive the first couple of weeks together. The fifth floor with what they call the War room, filled with state of the art stolen technology they have created the perfect place to train and plan their attacks on Haven and the perfect place to study footage of the League at work to better be able to fight them off.

N A T H A N
The Empath
Empathy
Finn Harries

T A T E
The Oracle
Precognition
Jack Harries

T R I T O N
Sonic Screech
Soundwaves
Grant Gustin

S C O T T
Spider Monkey
Spider Physiology
Jeon Jungkook
S A B I N A
Varm
Fire Manipulation
Dua Lipa

C O R A
Scream
Aerokinesis
Adelaide Kanex

C H A R L O T T E
The Shadowmancer
Umbrakineses
jodelle Ferland

E V O N N A
Glitch
Hacker/Vigilante
Kat Dennings

Let it be known that Malcolm Turner is an NPC that anyone can take control of, he is also the one paying for the building you are staying in, the food, and the bills. The League doesnt know as of yet that he is involved with the creation of the serum because they dont even know about him yet. Also, just like they dont know about Malcolm you guys dont know about Rodger.

(FYI: I picture Dr. Malcolm Turner looking like Ian Mckellen. IDK why, but it was the first person I thought of when i was trying to figure out how to describe him.)
Spoiler: show
Last edited by BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:08 am, edited 8 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Mercs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lightningpoint on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:39 pm

hey Benjimyn, Sabina's name is Sabina with an ' a ', not Sibina lol anyway, I'm so excited to start roleplaying !!!
( she / they )
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lightningpoint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Sorry about that, I fixed it. I was doing this at like 4 am so I was a bit tired.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:31 pm

so i got a rough idea/pic of what Charlotte's room would be decorated like. I don't have a lot of info on what the building or anything would look like aside from the pic above. so this is what i got.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:42 pm

I kinda explained it, I'll do a very rough sketch/idea thing on paint and upload it so you guys can see what i was thinking of the building I guess.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:10 am

Triton's livingroom and bedroom

Evonna's Living room and Bedroom

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:20 am

Ah. I gotcha. That's what i thought. I used the wrong pic anyway. When get back from work I'll post the right one and the bedroom along with it.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:06 am

Charlotte's bedroom

Charlotte's living room

i hope this is a little more acceptable. it was just the size of these rooms i truly didn't understand. i was picturing the buildings around my place and basically cut those floors in half and that's what I based the size on.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lightningpoint on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:38 pm

this is kind of how I pictured Sabina's room, pretty minimalistic and industrial
maybe a bit more messy too lol

lightningpoint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:33 am

so i wrote a little something to try and give a slight insight to Charlotte's character. i'm pretty sure it's terrible and isn't the quality of my normal writing since it's late and all. I just felt the need to put it in writing. so here it is.

Charlotte stepped into the office of Mr. Reagen, her psychiatrist. He was an older man. Most of his hair fading while wrinkles became a more defined feature. The girl had been seeing him for quite some time. He was the only one that Charlotte could talk to. The only person Charlotte would talk to. He seemed to be an understanding man and didn’t harshly judge her for the things she did. He listened and understood.

The day was particularly gloomy--just the way Charlotte liked it. A thunderstorm was threatening the town and Charlotte welcomed the weather with open arms.

“Good afternoon, Charlotte.” Mr. Reagen greeted at the girl as she entered the room and placed herself in the familiar chair. “I trust you have been doing better? Taking your meds?” Charlotte’s eyebrows pinched together and the man instantly knew the answer. “I see. You know that the medication is for your benefit.” He stayed silent a moment before continuing, changing the topic. “So what has the past week done for you.” Charlotte looked at Mr. Reagen in the eye with a piercing glare and held it for a moment.

“I figured it out.” She started, an excited look coming across her face.

“Figured out what?” Mr. Reagen asked and Charlotte's expression faltered, slightly.

“I killed someone. Again.” Charlotte paused to studied the doctor to see his reactions. He definitely looked disappointed. He put his thumb and forefinger to the bridge of his nose and stood up from his chair.

“Charlotte. You can’t keep doing this. We’ve discussed this, in detail, why it’s wrong.” The man walked to his window and stared out at the heavy rain. “How did you do it?” Charlotte took her pistol, a standard 9mm Beretta equipped with a suppressor, from her bag and laid it on the desk.

“It was a man with abilities…” Charlotte continued and her psychiatrist looked in her direction, his interest peaked. “He was telekinetic. I’ve been following him for a couple days. I needed to test something. You’re the one who told me it was a possibility in the first place!”

“But I never said it was okay to commit murder!” Mr. Reagen said in a raised voice but quickly regained his composure before her motioned Charlotte to continue.

“He saw what I looked like. And I don’t know if he was going to report me or not. They all say they won’t but they don’t mean it.” Mr. Reagen walked back to his seat and examined the gun as he sat down.

“So, did it work?” Charlotte's face lit up like it had before.

“I fired at him first just to confirm his powers. Naturally, the bullet stopped before it hit him. He seemed more shocked than anything. Then I made it so his powers didn’t work anymore. Then I shot him again. The bullet didn’t stop this time.” The man stroked his chin.

“It seems like there’s more than just a couple of bullets missing.”

“I executed him. I always have to make sure they never get back up.” Mr. Reagen nodded.

“So it works. But sooner or later there will be others with abilities that will catch wind of who you are and what you’ve done. When they come after you I won’t be able to protect you. No where will be safe. Luckily, you’re attack patterns are unpredictable so the police are having a hard time tracking you. And your abilities do a good job at covering your tracks. This...Shadow power you have.” He handed the pistol back to Charlotte and she placed it back in her bag.

“Now the important question, Charlotte.” Mr. Reagen continued. “Killing this man, in his own home, in cold blood. How did that make you feel? How did you feel as you pulled the trigger? As life left this man’s eyes?” Charlotte, once again, looked her psychiatrist in the eyes.

“I felt...Satisfied. I needed answers and he provided them. His death was a necessity.” Mr. Reagen nodded his head as if expecting that answer and wrote some notes down on the notepad sitting in front of him. He then checked his watch.

“I see that we are out of time, Charlotte. What’s happened has happened. I still suggest you take your meds despite whatever reason makes you decide not to. And do try to keep the body count to a minimal. Until next time.” Mr. Reagen stood from his chair and once again walked to the large window and stared outside as Charlotte let herself out.

edited it slightly. it was bugging me too much how bad it was before. now at least it's readable, imo.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sappho on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Here's what I imagine Cora's room to look like. Pretty small but with a lot of windows.

sappho
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:04 am

Ok my lovelies!! First post is up, the game has officially started!!

Now, the last minute job...

Someone (who may or may not later come into the game depending on how long this game manages to go), has hired the Mercs to steal the Nine Stones Of Death. Now, in case you guys dont read everyone's CS. The stones of death are the nine stones that Hazel found, one of which is now in her chest (the characters dont know this). And she made fakes of the stones to keep the gems (which are scary dangerous) out of the wrong hands.

Now the Mercs have been hired to steal the stones which everyone, including the person who hired us, think are the real deal and no one has any idea on how to prove that they are real. The stones are being brought out into the open in the middle of a charity event to raise money for the museum, now... How are we going to attempt to get them?

Are you going to be sneaky? Or are we going in there like Bad asses and guns ablazing hoping it works out well? We need to plan this before the time jump.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:21 am

Ok, so if you guys dont have a code name yet please message it to me or post it here. Also, below is a timeline of sorts for before our starts. If it doesnt work or you would like to have your character join before or after when I have them joining please just tell me.

This world is just an alternate reality so it has the same time frame though we are starting in early Febuary.

June 1996- Malcolm Turner gets fired from a research lab for 'unethical' treatment of the test subjects.

December 2007- Malcolm accidentally exposes himself to an acidic type of radioactive material, turns into a meta human.

November 2008- Malcolm gives up on finding a cure for what he did to himself and is shunned by his family when he tells them what has happened. Barely escapes Herald.

March 2013- Thor Attacks and Herald renames itself Haven.

January 2014- Malcolm starts trying to put together a team of powered/metas to destroy Haven.

April 2014- Finds Triton, trys to recruit him. Gets told to get more then come back, Malcolm is pleased at the anger in Triton's eyes.

July 2014- Malcolm manages to recruit Evonna and the twins (Nathan and Tate).

October 2014- Triton joins, with Evonna and Tate's help the first Job of the Mercs is an success.

Febuary 2015- Within a couple of weeks of each other Sabina is saved by Malcolm, Cora finds her way to them.

November 2015- After several failed attempts at group missions they finally succeed. Get dubbed by their clients 'Mercs'. Its fits.

January 2016- Charlotte and Scott join.

June 2016- The group when solo cause destruction, often barely escaping the League all in the attempt of learning the best way to beat the group of 'Goody Goodies'.

October 2016- Haven and the League is unsure if the Mercs are a team at this point sense they rarely work together except on jobs.

December 2016- Malcolm tells them he is creating a drug to make their powers stronger, they spread rumors to the powered and Meta human communities of the drug that can temporarily make them stronger.

January 2017- Reports of missing or dead metas and powered fill the communities, the Mercs decide that with the city in terror it is the best time to strike as a group proving to all that they are a group.

February 2017- The city is confused by the Mercs lack of attacks while the team waits on Malcolm's serum or elixir to make their powers stronger.

Mid February 2017- Our story starts.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:52 am

So sense our characters have acted alone then they are already known in a sense? And I'm having a hard time co.ing up with anything other than "The Shadowmancer" for my character's title at the moment. It yeah. Our characters are known like villains in teen titans at this point? Its just not known that they work together ?

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:31 am

I guess, I havent watched Teen Titans and yeah, they are known to a point. Some more then others, though they did come together in January and did a group attack for the sole purpose of letting the city know that they are a group and just to cause mayhem.

Also, I have a new thread meant for the housing description. Its just a visual representation of where everyone is located apartment level wise.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:07 pm

seems like the League has a good headstart on us. I went there to try to get at least some start ideas. if i ever saw a plan or anything like that I'd never use it. i'd act as if i've never seen it. I'm good at that. so I'd like to try to discuss pretty much anything. another person from the other team's thread brought up a good point. he brought up things like

weapons

means of communication

outfits (we're bad guys so we probably don't dress in uniform.)

means of defense

vehicles (if any)

etc.

Just hoping to try and throw around some ideas. brainstorming and whatnot. maybe even discuss or write up some off screen character interactions so we can get those bonds going to make the character interactions on screen much more natural. we can't let the League get way ahead of us!

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BenjimynFrankielyyn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Well Evonna has created Ear pieces for the team to use, they are long distance and fit snugly into the ear, unless someone is looking in your ear the ear piece isnt noticeable.

Also, maybe someone (perhaps Malcolm?) has taken the time to create special cloth for each person that works with their powers (Fire proof, self tightening cloth{for Cora and maybe Triton, when wearing clothes made from it, it tightens around them so it doesnt get in the way}, ETC)

But, whatever they have is either made by them or by Malcolm. He has given them access to money to buy things but they know there isnt a lot and its difficult to steal the really good parts and items.

BenjimynFrankielyyn
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:45 pm

yeah. i know some of that, at least the earpiece, from triron's post. i just wanted to lay everything out. just so it's more of an easy reference in the future

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!