Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The High Life

The High Life

a part of “The High Life”, a fictional universe by burning.

Based in the Gossip Girl universe. Manhattan's upperclass teens are once again dealt an unfair hand as an anonymous blog is created, detailing all of their dirty little secrets.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The High Life”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The High Life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:14 am

Sunshine and Whiskey wrote:
@burning
I am having trouble turning in my characters for their WIPs. FML. It keeps saying something along the lines of 'This roleplay does not have any places' or something like that.

It's weird because I never had this problem before and I wonder if it's just me. :/

This actually happened to me too. I tried submitting the WIP for my male, and it said the exact same thing. I thought it was just me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 am

Hey guys, I apologise for my absence over the weekend, it was super hectic and I just really did not have the time to check in. However, I see that a lot more people seem to be on their way to finishing their characters so I'm confident we will be able to start this some time this week. I'm hoping for thursday.

@Yukoman997, unfortunately we are at the moment, however I can definitely message you if any spaces open up, if you'd like?

@Sunshine And Whiskey, that is very strange, I've never encountered something like that before. I see you got in one of your characters, has this issue been resolved?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

burning
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby chanelindistress on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am

I will start sending relationship PMs this evening when I get in from work.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:35 pm

@burning
The issue has definitely been resolved but it seems like the site is running a little bit slow unless it's just on my end.

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:14 am

@Sunshine and Whiskey, It all seems okay for me? But it may have been running slowly as it seems they've updated the site for this new (kinda confusing) INK thing?

@Everyone, We'll start the RP once all the WIPs I have currently are completed, in the meantime please fill in your relationship sheets as they're important for not only you to know what your characters relationships are, but it's handy for everyone else to know also. Thank you guys! I'm excited to start this with you all.

burning
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skulduggery on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 pm

I must say yet again that I'm terribly sorry for the delay, @burning. I'm finding it particularly difficult to keep on top of all my commitments at the moment, but in spite of that I've managed to complete Eo-jin's sheet just now.

I hope he's of a satisfactory standard but I'm willing to make adjustments if not.

Edit: Oh, I completely forgot to mention, the images in the top part of his sheet are currently placeholders. That's because I intend to edit circular images for this section but I'm unable to do so as of right now, since I don't have access to my PC.
ImageImage

Skulduggery
Scholar
Member for 7 years
Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Inspiration Visual Appeal Recruiter Person of Interest Conversationalist Tipworthy Arc Warden World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am

@Skulduggery, He looks great! I've accepted him.

As for relationships, I will be messaging everyone with completed characters today with ideas.

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 am

IMPORTANT
The first post will be going up this Saturday, in the meantime I would love it if everyone could have at least a couple relationships filled out on their RS. Thank you!

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:22 am

The first post is up! Don't worry if your character wasn't mentioned in the initial Gossip Girl post, they'll definitely get their time in the spotlight - for better or worse. I'm super excited to start this with you guys & feel free to begin posting now :-)

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sapphire. on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Yo! I got to most of Liam's relations, so, there's that. If you haven't got to me, please pm me whenever. I'll be with my phone most of the day so I can answer pms with the heavy struggle.
Image Image

sapphire.
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Hey. I am dealing with a personal loss and a lot of family issues because of it. I'm not leaving at all, but just know that I'm going to be a bit slow about posting. I'll try to get something out tonight, but I can't make any promises.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 pm

@Girl2Fine2, Take your time, love, It's completely fine. I hope you feel better.

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawfulAnnon on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm

@Girl2Fine@, I'm sorry for loss. I hope you're okay and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!

@Burning, I'm going to get in a post for Clara and Tristan sometime today!

LawfulAnnon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:09 pm

@LawfulAnnon, Loved your posts!

Hopefully everyone can get a post up for their characters in the next week or so (apart from Girl - of course - take your time).

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hopeiisms on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 am

Just a quick question, is the drama queen role unreserved?

Hopeiisms
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm

I'd like to reserve (if it's available) the King Bee with the FC of Douglas Booth with the hex of #0000BF. His name will probably be Sam Myers.

Sam is the son of the majority shareholder of the Bristol-Myers Squibb pharmaceutical company. His father, John Myers, is one of the richest men on the upper east side. Sam has grown up with his family under great scrutiny after his father was caught in a cheating scandal when he was just a child. His parents stuck it out though, and Sam has an incredible relationship with his mother. Unfortunately, things with his father are not so good. Sam's father is much too hard on him, demanding far too much of him.
Last edited by yukoman997 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:36 am

@Hopeiisms, She is :-)
@Yukoman997, He sounds great however, could you please choose a slightly younger FC?

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hopeiisms on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Name: Juniper Jade | FC: Cindy Kimberly | Role: Drama Queen | Hex: #7fac7e

Summary: The Jade family has been making a name from themselves from quite a some time. One of her siblings own one of, it not the best, highly sort after gossip and drama magazines in the country. Her father is a well respected neurologist, and her mother is a model turned fashion designer. She lives with her father, step-mom, and younger brother in Manhattan, her older sister living in LA and mother recently moving back to Spain.

She's was brought up in Manhattan, but her mother liked to incorporate more Spanish themes into their lives, even taking the family to Spain to celebrate La Fallas, and Carnival a few times. Juni was, and is, proud of both her American and Spanish heritage. She attended private schools all of her life, and even as a little girl, she absorbed every bit of information she heard. Every whisper, every secret, anything she found interesting was absorbed into her brain. All this new found information was so exciting that she could barely keep it in! Everyone knew about Janey calling Tyler dumb, or that Jacob was holding hands with someone who was definitely not Bethany. She knew it caused drama, but that only made it more exciting, right?

And that attitude continued right up to high school. Even after her parents split up, Juni never stopped. She especially tipped people off on where her step-mom when on nights out, hoping it'd keep her out of the house for longer. It was so clear that she was trying to be her mom, and it ticked her off. She has a reputation at Constance for knowing everything, usually causing drama or over reacting to little things. She's been the cause of a few fights between people, but oh well.

Hopeiisms
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:57 pm

@Hopeiisms, Love her, you're reserved.

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Edited the FC

yukoman997
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!