Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Camp Athens II

Camp Athens II

a part of “Camp Athens II”, a fictional universe by FeistyDeadlySins.

A camp for Demigods which the Gods themselves had built many years ago --- additional roles are potential upon discussion.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Camp Athens II”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Camp Athens II

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FeistyDeadlySins on Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 am

LOL I really was in my zone :P and I felt that if I stopped or came out of it, then the post would have taken longer, so thank you for doing that for me, hun <3 appreciate it a lot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FeistyDeadlySins
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Completionist Visual Appeal Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Okay I am totally going to get my butt in gear here and post! I don't care how long it takes either!

Edit- THERE! Let me know if I got all events right lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Tue May 26, 2020 6:29 pm

Hey Zodia I have a question. I'm not trying to come off mean or anything but I needed to mention/ask about this. I don't understand how Iliana, Heath or Ethan suspect Sylas is up to no good. I know us, as writers, know he has shitty intentions. But he has been very private about his intentions and actions. The only people who blatantly know he is a bad person in some degree or another is Sloane, Liam, Trinity, Andy and Wes because of Liam sharing what he saw with them. And then Mason because they've been low key plotting together.

I'm sorry, I just find it a bit frustrating because it kinda comes off like your characters are omniscient. Our characters aren't supposed to know what we, as the writer's know. I definitely plan on Sylas getting the karma he deserves in due time, but at the current moment he is not brazen enough with his actions for anyone to just pick up on it.

I could understand if Alex was starting to connect the dots because this was the second time he used his abilities on her but I'm just trying to understand how Iliana now thinks that Sylas was behind Alex's outburst. All he was seen doing was talking to Alex, like many other people at the party who could be contributing factors. Alex openly was upset at Andy and Rae before Sylas even talked to her. He was created to be an antagonist for the RP, beyond the bigger badder things to help stir up drama at the camp. But, so far, he was worked very subtly.

Again, I apologize. I'm not trying to seem aggressive or anything. It just doesn't add up in my mind. I know we all want to give him the shit he deserves, which will happen, but he hasn't misstepped enough yet for everyone to pick up on what he's doing.
Image Image
Image Image

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FeistyDeadlySins on Wed May 27, 2020 6:51 am

I agree with scar, Zodia, and I just think you're just trying to give your characters something to do and say, which is completely fine. But yes, they know a bit too much right now.

But if scar is okay with Iliana making assumptions right now, then that's fine.

It doesn't really effect much as far as interaction goes.

I know you've said before that you were struggling with what to do, but you have their world at your fingertips. You can do anything as long as you remain true to their personality, does that make sense? You can ask any of us for some ideas, but it is up to you what your brain conjures up since no one knows your characters like you do.

I struggle myself, my inner critique just shoots me down a lot, but you'll be fine. No one is here to judge anyone, we are just here to enjoy writing together. It's amazing that everyone has stuck around for this long so far.

Thank you to all of you. Truly.

FeistyDeadlySins
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings Completionist Visual Appeal Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed May 27, 2020 9:24 am

Yeah, I am sorry Scar, I'll edit my post when I am able.

Few things though-

Heath at least is going to want to know what set Alex off, he's very practical minded and believes nothing happens without reason. I'll just make it so he's not connecting the dots right away since he doesn't have solid proof.

Iliana has been warned about Sylas through Trinity, so I still plan on making her wary of him, but I will tone done the suspicion that he had anything to do with Andy though.

As for my struggle with what to do with my chars, I think one reason I've been struggling in general is because I am having a hard time drawing the line of what they can and cannot do. I am too use to playing chars with great powers, but they hide them in general. There's also the fact that this RPG has no 'end goal'. I am use to RPGs when it's made clear what the end goal because it helps me direct my chars' actions.

Edit- Okay I edited my post. Hopefully it looks better. Also I can't remember if either Heath or Ethan have been formally introduced to Rae. I know poor Ethan ended up dancing with Rae, but I don't think they know each other's names yet. Come to think of it, have they been introduced to Cherise too? I know they've conversed with her. Looks like I am going to have to go back through older posts again lol.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Wed May 27, 2020 10:07 am

It's ok Zodia. They are more than welcome to be a bit suspicious, especially with Trinity warning Iliana about Sylas. I understand that, it just seemed more than that which is why I decided to say something.

As for struggling with what their powers can and cannot do, I always try to keep what my characters do regularly on a more minor scale and then allow more powerful uses for special occasions or extenuating circumstances. Idk if that helps or not but yeah. I generally like to think that their powers are a choice to use, so some situations it might not come to mind to use their powers rather than not. But that's just how I do it.

And for the end goal bit, I know Feisty is working on that. And while she is on her hiatus she's planning, Sparky and I have been planning some things so it's not all low points. So there will definitely be things to do and use as a good jumping off point for stuff for your characters.

I'll go back and give it another read now. I really do appreciate you understanding. Thank you :)

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed May 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Zodia I don't think that they know each other's names. At least, I don't remember if Cherise ever gave it to them. It's not that big of a deal, though. I'm sure they'd have heard the names somewhere.

I will try to get a post for Liam within the next couple of days. I just started my summer school session, so I am getting through that at this moment. If anyone wants to disturb Rae, feel free to do so. She's just with mommy-dearest.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu May 28, 2020 6:44 pm

Mombie, it's okay if I move our chars to the Main hall right?

And best of luck with your summer school session.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Thu May 28, 2020 11:12 pm

Sure, go ahead. And thanks. :)

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xNocturnax on Fri May 29, 2020 5:44 am

Quick holla to mombie and mjolnir, sorry Trinity didn't give you much to bounce off. I just thought with it being Wes's cabin they'd have a little man talk and Liam would direct his pitch more towards Wes. Why I kept Trinity quiet for once in her life haha.

Also Zodia I enjoyed Nelly calling Mason Daddy far too much xD
ImageImage

xNocturnax
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri May 29, 2020 9:53 am

It's alright, Nocturna. I am just a little slow right about now since I started my summer classes. I can work with whatever! :)

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri May 29, 2020 11:53 pm

Hahaha, I was hoping you'd enjoy that Nocturna haha. I've been wanting her to call him that ever since he 'dumped her' with Liv when she first met him.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FeistyDeadlySins on Sun May 31, 2020 5:42 am

I have so much to do, but I am going to squeeze in pre-posts for Alex and Ajax when I can so they're ready to be posted.

FeistyDeadlySins
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 am

Sorry. That post was not my best and all over the place. I have been a little blah for the last week.

Sorry. u.u

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xNocturnax on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Alright, Evelyn's down, Trin to go.

@Zodia Now might be a good time to utilize any one of your character's curiosities or iffiness on Sylas :P I mean...they still won't know what's up entirely but at least he'll get a sore throat for blatantly lying xD

Side note: hoping that's cool mjolnir since it's conditional and nothing to really stop your big bad wolf from being himself. Just mini karma in play.

xNocturnax
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:45 pm

Oh that's fine lol I don't mind. How long do the effects last?

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xNocturnax on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:40 am

I imagine a couple hours tops. Sooner if he notices and requests a reverse in the right manner xD

xNocturnax
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:41 pm

I still don't quite understand the nature of this curse Nocturn. Hopefully one of my chars will be around Sylas in time to take advantage of the situation.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xNocturnax on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:11 pm

I'm a monster for taking this long O.o But the post is coming along nicely now with some momentum to it. That said, Sloane or Liam can cast some power at Trinity or react however you/they see fit. Anyone can really but they're the ones most involved and would make sense atm XD

@Zodia Basically, if Sylas said "I've always been respectful of my sister" or "I have no idea what happened at the party last night", his throat would hurt. But other campers wouldn't know that or the difference between truth or lie. Mainly, it's something just to effect Sylas. Some temporary negative association.

xNocturnax
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:42 am

No worries Nocturna. My life's been nuts so I've been patiently waiting for Trinity before I posted. I should be able to get something up between today and Friday for my characters.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!