Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Devil You Know

The Devil You Know

a part of “The Devil You Know”, a fictional universe by partially-stars.

A few years ago, a group of friends left town to escape their secrets. Now, those very secrets are bringing them home- and putting them all in danger.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Devil You Know”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Devil You Know

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:01 am

Ah okay, that makes sense. Well, I can't wait to see your character then! Will definitely be interesting!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:06 am

unfortunately, for me. making CS's that have stuff like, "likes", "dislikes", "strength", "weaknesses" (unless applying to superpowers or something similar) i'm not the best at that because I don't have all that figured out when making up a new character. I tend to find a majority of those things out as I write them. So writing the character's backstory and personality, I got down. but the list stuff I always struggle with if the character is new like this one is.

But either way I'll try to have them up tomorrow cause I have work in 10 hours exactly and i haven't even slept yet :P I got half of the sheet done tonight. most of tonight was spent researching and developing her personality. so I'll get more writing done later.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:42 am

I know iCat is lenient sometimes when it comes to CS's, she may have one that is set up differently. I struggled too but just winged it. Well go to bed and get some sleep. xD

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:27 am

Everything seems to happen in here while I’m asleep or otherwise AFK, I swear! Those secrets work perfectly for me, especially if you’re doing your research into schizophrenia. And you definitely don’t have to fill out there likes, dislikes, etc if you’re struggling with it. It’s one of those things that can be fun to do, but definitely isn’t mandatory! I’m looking forward to seeing this character!

If anyone wants to double up to bulk out our cast a little, just let me know! I should hopefully start sending around some relation PMs before long!
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:06 am

I mean, I would, but I've never been good with doing two characters in the same RP. My deepest apologies.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:24 pm

how many characters did you plan on there being for this rp?

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:31 pm

I was thinking at least 10, but a smaller cast could definitely work!

Still haven’t gotten around to sending out those relations PMs, but if you want to start messaging each other or me if you have an idea, feel free!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 am

Okay, so i finally finished my CS. been busy so it took longer than usual. a lot of unexpected stuff kept hitting me in the face. and my derp self realized that the name Rebecca was already taken. And by the person that messaged me so they could introduce me to the RP in the first place too :P so i don't know if you can change the name or not. just give me a heads up.

I'll let Maci read through my CS so we can go on ahead and work on some character relations. I'll be back tomorrow night after work. (it's 4am right now) And i'll periodically check in while at work as well.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:09 am

i thought i'd share this about my character since it wasn't clear in the CS (i don't think).

"Heather probably would make up a story about going on some outing trip. It being like a camping trip but with cabins and stuff. Heather would have her parents backing her up so the story would be more believable.

others wouldn't really know because Heather's parents would have kept everything happening on the down low since a witness would have reported seeing Heather get taken and her case would be added to the already in progress kidnappings that have been going on.

That's what I'm trying to come up with for everyone not knowing about what's going on already."

i plan on revealing more details about exactly what happened during the stay with the kidnappers as the story progresses.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:35 am

That sounds good! Just as a head’s up, I can’t change character names, but you can just copy and paste the details into another sheet and submit it if you want to change the name! It’s no biggie, I think it’s honestly happened to all of us at some point or another!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 am

lol, yeah. I'll do the copy paste thing then.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:07 pm

I got the relationship between my character and Maci's. now to read up on other's characters and try to see what to work with there. if anyone already has ideas feel free to hit me up.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:57 am

So the relations thread is up! Feel free to fill it out in your own time- relations will be pretty important in the RP so it's important everyone knows where they stand!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby catmint on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:12 am

Heyoooo @iCat. Would be super cool if I could reserve a place for a female character. Face claim as Darya Lebedeva. That would be fabulous thankyou :)))

- Catmint :)

catmint
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Nice to have you on board catmint! Just take a quick read of the rules as you left one or two bits out of the reservation- You don’t need to add them in though!

So... I may or may not have an opening post written up. Would everyone be up for starting at some point tomorrow?

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Im down.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:54 pm

I would be good with starting tomorrow, just gotta finish up relations with a couple people.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:35 am

I'm good for starting. Is nice to have something to look forward to coming back and reading after work. I'm too reliable and have a full time schedule and 6 days of work when I only applied for part-time :/

Back to the subject, I only need to confirm the character, Lincoln's, relationship and I guess now the new girl on her way and I'll have everyone's relationship down.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:12 am

Just finished up my last relations. (Besides Geoffrey, haven't seen a character or heard back from Cliff) So I'm all ready to start :D

Also loving all the unique characters along with all relations I've read so far. Good to see drama between characters, while Rebecca is just super friendly and such around here not having any "enemies"/☠. xD Anyways, can't wait!

-Maci!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Have a quick question. What is the deceased relations to our characters. I forgot to ask earlier.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!