Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Origin Stories: Heroes and Villains

a part of “Origin Stories: Heroes and Villains”, a fictional universe by SugarNspikeS.

Regardless of whether you're a hero or a villain, everyone has an origin story. What's yours?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Origin Stories: Heroes and Villains”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Origin Stories: Heroes and Villains"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
I'm not saying the voices are real, I'm saying they have some good ideas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Origin Stories: Heroes and Villains

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:28 am

Hey Sugar.
Okay so not going to lie, I'm a little pissed that you made a superhero RP about people discovering new superpowers when I had a superhero RP about people discovering things that gave them superpowers. But cuz ur my pal, I'll let it slide.
Hell, I'll even make a character in ur RP if you also make a character in mine. Deal?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Tipworthy Group Theory Storyteller Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Inspiration Property Buyer Salesman Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:50 pm

To be fair, I looked into your RP, but the rules you have set up for it were more confining than I like. As well as taking place in the 80's it wasn't quite what I was looking for. There was also another superhero RP I didn't join based on decendents of comics book heroes as that wasn't what I wanted either. I had my own ideas in mind when starting this and I wasn't trying to interfere with anything you were doing. Sorry if this made you upset, but super heroes is a common theme for rp.

Since you're being nice about this, I will possibly make a character if I can think of something that fits into your RP well without breaking your rules.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Okay that's fine. You just sort of start out as teens anyways. Was that what you found confining?
Also, can you start as a superhero?

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Tipworthy Group Theory Storyteller Promethean World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Inspiration Property Buyer Salesman Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:43 am

The only things I really found constraining were the age thing (which I see you edited), the eighties thing (but I think I can work around that pretty well) and the language thing (again something I can work around). My main reason for my RP was because I didn't see anything that fit the story I had in mind, I really wasn't trying to compete or anything.

As characters in mine I actually like the idea of starting off as a hero. I was thinking of having current heroes helping as teachers/instructors at the training facility, but also just having some people that are already heroes is cool too.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:37 am

Okay chill. One more thing: Do I have permission to make 8 characters as part of a teen superhero team, or is that too many?

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 pm

As long as you have no problem playing that many, it's fine

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:34 pm

hey this looks cool so i submitted a char hope ya like her.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:57 am

Glad to see there's so much interest in this. I still plan on making a teacher/trainer character ( drew some inspiration from My Hero Academia). Sorry I haven't gotten a post up yet, my job has been running me ragged this week. I'm really looking forward to this rp.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mackamp on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:17 pm

I am interested in joining this story line. I am working on a character right now, but probably will not be able to submit them until tomorrow.

Mackamp
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm

That's not a problem, I've been a little slow to the start anyway. Submit one when ever you can.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Had been interested in joining for a while now, just been debating with myself on how to write up my character. There's still the origin and details on his powers that I'm still trying to get the kinks out, but the rest should be fleshed out enough.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mackamp on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:53 pm

So sorry for my delay getting back. I kept getting a bad gateway and finally had to have my computer reconfigured so I could get in. I will try to catch up....I'm so excited to read what has happened!

Mackamp
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 am

Hey, all! Pleasure to be joining the group here. I hope we get along well!

Now, I have a question about how I should introduce my character, Jampa. Are all of our characters supposed to be attending this school? Or is that for us to decide?

"You see... I'm not mad. CHAOS isn't mad. I've SHOWN you the REAL WORLD. Shown you CHAOS. And hopefully you went sane. But killing chaos... you can't kill CHAOS. And you can't keep it locked up for long..."

Savader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:32 am

Please tell me I didn't join a new RP just for it to be dead before it even starts... Seeing a 10 day gap between now and the last post, with zero activity in the OOC, worries me.

Savader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abraxas_Axis on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:02 am

I would consider posting on this, but one: It's activity is nil, and two: I am unfortunately busy with a lot of rps. Sorry it didn't work out spikes :(

Abraxas_Axis
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:54 am

Well I wasn't expecting it to die while I was busy for a few days, and I didn't get notified when people were posting things on here even though I started and am subscribed thread. But it would appear to be that way given that no one has responded to my last post.

If anyone still wants to keep it going let me know, if not I'll just let it die.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:15 am

I would absolutely like to see it continue, for obvious reasons. But I'll understand if you've lost the will to keep it alive at this point.

Savader
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!