Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mortal Tales

Mortal Tales (OOC)

a part of “Mortal Tales”, a fictional universe by Sonofel.

An original high fantasy adventure taking place in the mysterious world of oarth. Where four brave adventures unite to defy fate and stop a terrible prophecy from coming true.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mortal Tales”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Mortal Tales (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:06 am

WELCOME TO MORTAL TALES
If You Have Questions And Are Interested In Joining Say So Here!
Last edited by Sonofel on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Re: Mortal Tales (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Can the ranger use magic? And have an animal companion?
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 pm

ranger will have beast taming and animal speak yes

Sonofel
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:31 am

Can I reserve the magic user? I can probably roll up a character sheet for you later in the week after I'm done with work.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:40 pm

sure sounds like a plan, be sure to read up on lore, as magic in this world is split into 4 schools, runic, pact, sorcery and alchemy.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:52 am

Definitely going to have a crack at making a character for this. I've got my eye on the rogue spot, so I'll work on a sheet for that as soon as I'm able. End of this week at the latest.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:03 am

A grand adventure in a fantasy setting, eh? Colour me interested. Seems like only the warrior's left, but I'm fine with that. Would there be any room for incorporating magic of some kind into their fighting style, by any chance?

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Sure, warrior is a vague term, its more for the tank/fighter of the group, the heavy hitter. Im always open to ideas though!

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 pm

Just keep in mind! Our adventure begins in the town of Ashnel, in the "Western" region of the empire. So keep that in mind when creating your characters! None of your characters will know each other, but you will be starting in a tavern near the main highway in the center of town. With the millennial fair going on, people from all over the neighboring towns and villages have come to Ashnel to celebrate the empires 1000th anniversary.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:52 am

Love your character byte! ALSO so everyone is aware of the structure of the adventure.

We are going to try and do this in cycles. With me making a GM post, followed by the four party members. Im not too concerned with the order of which you post, so its 1st come 1st serve when it comes to reaction posts. Just be sure to announce here in OOC when you are about to make a post. Essentially each cycle will be 5 posts, 1 per each of us. So starting with me, then the four of you, then me again and so on. I will be controlling all NPC so any that do appear, I will be RPing as them. As a general rule, if we are waiting on someone for a longer time then expected I will go ahead and skip them and the cycle will continue. If any of you are going to be busy or unable to post for a period of time, just let me know here in OOC. We'll essentially treat your character as a background character tagging along with the group until you are able to post again.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:15 am

Great, I'm flattered you're liking the character so much Sonofel. Haha!

On a side note, if you're alright with it I'd be willing to write up some kind of location, stroke background on the Silent Sisters for want of expanding the world and perhaps give the necessary players a bit of insight should they want to know. Or just for the sake of fluff.

As for the structure, that's fine. How often are you imagining posts happening? I can usually manage once a day given work and other obligations, and I'll give a heads up if anything might delay said post.

That is all. Looking forward to this roleplay, and I'm interested to see what everyone else brews up for a character. :)

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:14 pm

You are more then welcome to add a post on the LORE thread regarding the Silent Sisters, go for it! When it comes to locations in the world I'm probably gonna keep it simple and slowly expand it over time as the adventure develops. My goal is to start off with 4 party members, complete the main arc/adventure, then as the world continues to grow I will start to shift Mortal Tales from being a strict cycle based roleplay to more of a sandbox where more players can join in. And preferably I'm hoping at least 1 cycle per day. So 1 post per each of us. Though im willing to wait a little longer depending on everyones schedules.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Still in need of a ranger btw! If anyone is interested!

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:37 pm

I'll take the ranger slot. I have a few questions which i will shoot via pm here in a moment

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:44 pm

Sure! Send me the pm again though, says there was no msg after getting a notification of it lol.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:06 am

I'm really liking the cast here. So far an all girl party!

I am also very interested to see R.T.M.X's character as it is listed as a necromancer.

Will be interesting to see as it will likely clash with my ranger.

The whole death is part of nature and death brings new life. Undead are an affront to that.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:38 am

Also was just looking at the lore page again and made me think... What languages do our characters know?

I figure for Alyania....

Common (cause common)

Low Sylvic (due to dark elf father teaching her it)

Glacian (most likely the language she uses most. Her "native" language)

Faen (due to her pact with a dryad)

Also she may know a little bit of whichever Brutic the local orcs speak.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Everyone would know common, alyania would likely know Low Sylvic, Glacian, Faen and I doubt she would know Brutic, perhaps only a few words or phrases.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:58 am

Soon as RTMX is done with his necromancer we can likely start some time this week!

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonofel on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:49 pm

Went ahead and Approved Thalion, soon as RTMX has done the finishing touches on his necromancer I will make the 1st post. Likely going to start within the next couple days.

Sonofel
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!