Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

RPG Chat — the official app

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

RPG Chat — the official app

Tips: 1.25 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:00 pm

After almost two years of work, we're excited to be making available the official RPG Chat app to the general public! While we're still a ways off from replicating all of the features on RPG, the core messaging functions and even some of the roleplay-specific features are now integrated, giving you an easy way to stay connected.

The latest downloads will always be listed on clients.roleplaygateway.com, but we'll keep this thread updated as best we can.

Download RPG Chat
Android
RPG Chat for Android (0.1.0 RC1)

Windows
RPG Chat for Windows (0.2.0 RC4)

MacOS
RPG Chat for MacOS (0.2.0 RC5)
RPG Chat for MacOS (0.2.0 RC4)

Linux (Debian)
RPG Chat for Debian-based Linux (0.2.0 RC4)

Linux (RedHat)
RPG Chat for RedHat Linux (0.2.0 RC4)

As we prepare to list in the various app stores, please use this thread to ask questions or provide feedback — see you in the chat!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.25 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: RPG Chat — the official app

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Known Issues
Before our final release, we're planning on fixing these issues, so let us know if you find anything else!

• #12 — Theme occasionally reverts to Light Mode

Issues are tracked in RPG Chat Issue Tracker, where you can subscribe to updates as they're provided.

Thanks for your help in making RPG Chat the best roleplaying app available!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby Darius Liberi on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Delete if not allowed.

I wanted to show some quick appreciation to the work you've done and have kept doing Remaeus. It's really great to see people trying their best to keep roleplay alive despite the future looking quite grim.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

Darius Liberi
Member for 5 years
Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Ahala_Saas on Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:47 pm

Hello, I need some help.

So I have a security key but when I would put in the security key it tells me invalid key. How would I enter them both? Its for the RPG Chat.

please and thank you
Ahala_Saas

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Ahala_Saas
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby AtraLamia_Darkbane on Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 pm

Hm, only slight hiccup I've encountered was trying to create a universe. I filled everything out and whatnot but once submitted it didn't save or show in 'My Universe' category. Unless it has to go through approval first. Or I'm just not doing something right; and missing the ball altogether.

Thank you in advance.
I will strip away all that you know, all that you love, until you have no shelter but me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

AtraLamia_Darkbane
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Author World Builder Person of Interest

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby The.Mr.Malave on Mon May 24, 2021 5:58 pm

I'm a new player who has a Chrome OS - are you planning on releasing for this?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

The.Mr.Malave
Member for 3 years
Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 24, 2021 6:58 pm

The.Mr.Malave wrote:I'm a new player who has a Chrome OS - are you planning on releasing for this?

You can install the Chrome App already from chat.roleplaygateway.com! We'll be listing in all of the stores once the final version is released.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Joseph_Bennett on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:25 am

Hey Remæus, I just wanted to know if you could possibly post the download link (for Windows) without putting it with a name? I have to use some sketchy file downloaders because of parental restrictions on the computer I'm using. The way I think the link is supposed to go is (example) "link.com/randomimportantinformation123456789" and not the way that you nicely format it as a word. Could you just put the raw link for me?

Thanks a ton,

Joseph Bennett
Yours Truly,
Joseph Bennett

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Joseph_Bennett
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Author Conversationalist Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Person of Interest Builder Salesman Giver Greeter Inspiration Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!