Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Member Shoutout Thread

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Member Shoutout Thread

Tips: 5.75 INK Postby mombie on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Do you have someone you want to thank for - well, whatever! It doesn't matter. Maybe you've had a great time roleplaying with them, or maybe they're a great GM. Send them some love!

First of all, I would like to thank nonconformingrole and partially-stars. Firstly, nonconformingrole has been making a valiant effort to welcome new members! Lastly, partially-stars runs some of the most successful Indy-Universes on RPG to this date.

I would also like to say thanks to ALL of Camp Athens II for still running strong and being home to some of my fave characters. To mjolnir and sparky specifically for being patient and cool with my super-duper weird characters and slow response times. Also, for some of my favorite collaborations. :p

Mâ€ĸOâ€ĸMâ€ĸBâ€ĸIâ€ĸE
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ â™Ĩ
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 5.75 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: Member Shoutout Thread

Tips: 2.25 INK Postby Maci-Care on Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:55 am

I love this, great idea to show case and give people some lime-light!

I gotta agree with you @mombie about nonconformingrole and partially-stars. And I might check out Camp Athens II a bit more.. I saw it the other day on Universes and saw how long ago it started and was surprised. Good to see ideas and Universes succeeding and gaining life.

Nonconforming role is such a great friend and people might think she hasn't been on the site as long as others, but she is a fine example of the number of years on RPG doesn't mean anything and she makes some of my favorite characters on in the Indie-Universes. I don’t like to play favourites, but she’s one of my favourite people to work and loving our 1x1 that we have going. Also the best person to get a necklace from.

Stars was one of the first GM's I came back to after taking a hiatus from the site a couple years back, and also helped introduce me into using celebrity Face Claims. She is so open and helpful with everything and is willing to walk you through the most minor things just to help you out as well as all the members of her RP, great to see her as a staff now. sort of feel like a proud parent seeing their little child succeed

Someone Else you’ll see by the sides of Star and Nonconforming, is Wolf’s Bane. Her RPs for some reason don’t get off the ground because of people leaving, but she’s a great member of this site, but her endless streams of ideas and plotting is something great to be apart of. She’s pushed me my mind when it comes to thinking of ideas and some of my favorite plotting has been in her DMs. So wanted to give a shoutout to my favorite LITTLE Wolf.

Another person that I'd like to say is someone who hasn't been on RPG in awhile and I miss dearly. xXxCryptic-AngelxXx Their RP's were some of my favorite and always think back to their characters and RP's and wanting to revive them, but feel like I wouldn't be able to measure up to her ideas and such. It's a sad thing that they would slowly die down because people wouldn't commit, but she was a great GM and great person of the community. One of my favorite and most missed RP's is her The Lost Treasure of Arimathea

But last but not least. mombie I don't really talk or interact with much of the staff members because until recently I was a little hermit who stuck to indie-Universes, and I apologize for this. But mombie has been such great person to talk to and get help from. Not just because she was a staff member, but because she wanted to see everything blossom, not just her ideas, but everyones. And more so recently she's been all over the site trying to make everything better and honestly sort of influenced me to try to become active in other areas I havn't been. So thank you to her.

Anyways, theres my little paragraphs. Really enjoyed talking here. And I apologize I’m mostly shouting out Indie-Universe people, hopefully I can get around and meet more of the amazing people of this site.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 2.25 INK in return for their work.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby phosphene on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:45 pm

okay, so, firstly i don't know how to act so i'm just gonna go ahead and give my own shout-outs.

the first person i want to thank is partially-stars. star created the very first rp i joined here on rpg, and welcomed me in with open arms, despite how questionable of a decision that may have appeared to be. i've grown a lot as a writer in the past year or so, partly thanks to her.

generally i feel the need to shout-out everyone i've written- or even just done plotting with- for putting up with me through it all. i have a surprising lack of thoughts in my head, so i can't imagine how frustrating trying to get any information out of me might be.

i also wanna thank everyone who joined my first rp attempt, especially mombie and mjolnir. the rp may have never really gotten off the ground, but your involvement really made me feel like i had the ability to make something that people could really enjoy, and i have appreciated that more than i think you realize.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 10.00 INK Postby Joseph_Bennett on Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:29 pm

I would like to thank a lot of people, despite I have only been here a few months.

First off, I would like to thank Absenthia and Chaotic Marin for welcoming me into RPG. It meant a lot to me at the time, that someone wouldn't just look over me for how mediocre I felt. Secondly, I would like to thank Remaeus for building this wonderful site, which I don't know how I could do without, for it allows me to get some fun out of my day, especially during these times of COVID panic and stress. Next off, I would like to thank Captain Grue and Absenthia (again) for listening to my ideas of an Aschen Rebellion, and helping me get through with it. I would like to thank Sifsand for always bringing humor into an everyday discussion. I would like to thank Barney Fife for building his incredible empires that I love to just poke at every once in a while. You've made my RP experience a tenfold better, guys.

All of these people are what make me love this site, and I haven't even met all of you.

See you out in the 'Verse!
Yours Truly,
Joseph Bennett

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 10.00 INK in return for their work.

Joseph_Bennett
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 4 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Property Buyer Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Author Conversationalist Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Person of Interest Builder Salesman Giver Greeter Inspiration Concierge

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:40 am

We should be using this a lot more!!!!!

Anyway, I want to give a humongous shoutout to all my new friends that are writing with me on my second run of the Universe A Grimm World. (Excuse me whilst I butcher some names probably) Caille, phosphene, EsmeBHeart, GrimmMD, xarysin, esoteric, rubytueseday, and mjolnir. Between just the nine of us, we have over 28 characters that are all entwined in a ton of different ways. I also love that I don't have to hold anyone's hand and that everyone can contribute equally to the story! All of our personalities are a bit different, so we did have some hiccups and miscommunications/misunderstandings, but we can hang out in Discord with no problems and chat excitedly about our characters and brainstorm together.

Of course, I could never not give a huge shout-out to my ride-or-die, mjolnir for always just writing with me. Between the two of us and spread across a couple of RPs both private and open, we play a ton of characters together. They've been very easy to write with, and our characters always have seamless interactions! I dunno what I would do on RPG without her, to be honest. While I love everyone, I enjoy her the most! We all have that person.

Also, barnes came back, and this writer is super cool. I look forward to finally opening up one of my failed RPs again to start writing with them again. They joined one of the private RPs between mjolnir and I, and I love their characters and can already see some interesting relationships forming.

Last but not least, to all of you who are engaging in roleplay on the site - big thanks! It's once to see posts and active Universes, no matter what they are. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Connected on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:46 pm

Remaeus, barney_fife, and partially-stars have been super helpful in helping me get integrated and familiarized with the many features of the site. Also can't forget The_Queen for running the excellent Impending Pursuit universe!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Connected
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Why have I just figured out this thread exists!?

Thank you everyone for the shoutouts. Holy hell, you all rock â™Ĩ

I also need to give a massive shout out to my partner in crime mombie. As she mentioned before, we write together in... well everything. Honestly at this point, where one of us goes the other follows. I really enjoy writing with her because she never says no to anything crazy I throw at her and she just goes with the flow. She loves drama and putting our characters through hell as much as me, and has helped in creating some of my favorite characters, RPs and ships to date! â™Ĩ

I would also like to shout out barnes who is one of my oldest writing friends on RPG. I love writing with them as well. We've been following each other around like lost puppies for years now and I'm so glad they've come back to the site!

Lastly, I'd like to shout out everyone in the Camp Athens and Grimm RPs. Group RPs can be so hard to get going and keep going. But you all have been committed, patient and enthusiastic which has helped keep them going. I look forward to every new post and the winding paths our RPs, and characters, go down.

â™Ĩ love all you crazy writers
Image Image
Image Image

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Arminius on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:55 pm

Speaking on behalf of Sigurd Hring (the original), shout out to lostamongtrees, barneyfife, sifsand, and everyone else who participated or took part in the Viking Sagas and in the Multiverse schemes and stories indirectly related to them. You all know who you are (there's too many of you to list names), and Sigurd is grateful for all of your contributions. Just thought you all should know. Due to complications on the site with communication issues and all, inability to access the chat etc. Sigurd is unable to be with us directly. But he just wants everyone to know that he is alive and well, that he misses everyone and hopes that everyone is safe and doing good. :-)

Arminius
Member for 3 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Author Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:28 am

When I see threads like this there is only one person that comes to mind for me - VivaVictoria. They were a great GM and a great writer overall. When they participated in a roleplay everything got 100 percent better. I have never met anyone as fun to roleplay with, they have so much imagination and always came up with unique ideas.

When they left this site it really went downhill for me, I've searched for someone as fun as them but no one comes even close to VivaVictoria according to me.
Look alive, Sunshine.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:45 pm

if we've ever written together in The Multiverse,

THANK YOU.

too may names to list, it's been ten years, but i love you all
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!