Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Song Covers

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Song Covers

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:58 pm

Hello there, fellow writers of RPG! I made this thread because some of us listen to cover songs of original songs or is it just me? Well, anyway, if you have a cover song that you think others would enjoy, please don't hesitate to post it below.

Here's the code to post:
Code: Select all
[video]YouTubeVideoIDcode[/video]

Remember to only post the ID code. For example, if your URL is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2b3c4d5e then you only want to put 1a2b3c4d5e in between the tags.

I shall begin by posting one of my favorite covers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Re: Song Covers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:13 am

Oh my gosh, I love that cover so much!

I really like cello covers such as this one for studying and listening to before bed, they’re so relaxing.

And of course, this frankly legendary cover of Bad Romance.

This is probably strictly a Christmas song, but I shout out this band at every possible opportunity!

And some amazing vintage style covers!

those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:40 am

Another cover that I adore!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:26 am

Scott Pilgrim VS the World is one of my favourite movies, and I'm so bitter that The Clash at Demonhead (the fictional band in the movie)'s cover of Metric's Black Sheep isn't on Spotify, because it's so good, and so much better than the original (plus damn Brie Larson can get it)

One of my favourite cover's though would have to be Kim Woosung and Lee Chansol's cover of Harry Style's Sign of the Times, because them voices (*.*) (alsogowatchsuperbandbecausewowthecoversaresogoodholyshit)

Finally, Young K has been dishing out a bunch of covers while his band is on hiatus (taking a mental health break, which good for them honestly. Self care is key). However, his trumpet impersonation might be my favourite thing ever

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:43 am

I usually don't listen to covers too much but The Struts have my heart. It definitely has a different vibe than the original which I love!

Kurt Hugo Schneider always has good production but this one amazes me given how much I disliked the original song.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:37 pm

He who has ears to hear, let him hear
For this is a tale of an ancient kind
In the word there lies existence and the word became flesh
And dwelt among us and we saw its glory
Let him hear it who will

Kai
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kupo88 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:54 am

Speaking of "Sound of Silence" covers, this one is my favorite!

Then my current favorite cover is "Gone Away" by Five Finger Death Punch. I love the Offspring, but I feel like this cover takes the song to an entirely different emotional level.

kupo88
Member for 4 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:51 pm

kupo88 wrote:Speaking of "Sound of Silence" covers, this one is my favorite!

It's so good! I think Henk was channeling that when he sung his.

Kind of obsessed with this whole youtube channel of covers right now.

Kai
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanker72 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:46 am

Okay, I'm going to bungle up the Youtube inclusion again, but I'm going to try:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIRJ--7KtZg[/video]

I've recently re(-re-re-re)discovered Bad Apple!! with that cover, which is pretty awesome; I liked the previous one, but the Japanese lyrics are still better. This song seems to surface and dive like a nuclear submarine in my life, reappearing each couple years to say hi before disappearing in the unknown again.

Tanker72
Member for 4 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy Conversationalist Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!